Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 479 posts
  • 146 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 32 days ago by Doctor6
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4518 (resized).jpg
    s-l1600-1 (resized).jpg
    3e390749c73b75a5560668c9dcaa8839 (resized).jpg
    F4CCF50F-0196-4459-9FB0-291C04F533FA (resized).png
    IMG_3487 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3491 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3488 (resized).jpg
    superbird (resized).JPG
    cuda1 (resized).JPG
    energizer-bunny (resized).jpg
    20190629_080945 (resized).jpg
    20190629_081014 (resized).jpg
    20190629_081001 (resized).jpg
    20190629_081027 (resized).jpg
    20190629_081051 (resized).jpg
    20190629_081036 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider drfrightner.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#85 4 years ago

How’s this not one of the dumbest, most disrespectful posts ever made on pin side? Hey I’m just going to call a spade a spade, there is a lot of really really dumb people on these forums. There is also a lot of people I’d call bullies, if your opinion differs from them you get attacked. I’m a different person you can’t bully me I’m not some dummy or push over.

But the person who posted this thread should be 110% ashamed of himself. Here some reasons why...

1). Why would you want any pinball company to go out of business? Promoting that concept is counter productive to the very reason for this website. DUMB!

2). You have no access to JJP, Stern or anyone else’s books, so you’re talking out of the side of your ass! Because you know NOTHING you shouldn’t be promoting just LIES!

3). All start up business have ups and downs, hits and misses. Stern has had a TON of misses lately. But you don’t see other people asking ‘do you think because of all the misses they’re going out of business’. Why do people just pick on JJP? It’s disgusting.

4). JJP is the ONLY company actually TRYING to do something new and innovative with pinball. Every Stern is exactly the same as the last one. So why aren’t you call them out rather than always making up seriously vicious lies about JJP?

5). There are REAL people who work at the factory of Stern, JJP, Chicago, American, give all these companies a TON of credit for creating manufacturing jobs here in the USA. Anyone who plants ideas that a company won’t last is also more or less hoping for all those people to lose their jobs. DISGRACE!!!! Buy USA which means buy all these companies pinballs from Spooky to JJP.

Here is the bottom line JJP comes out with deep code the minute the game is released, no one adds more features or tries new things, and you trash them???

Some might feel the opposite but I like all pinball companies, and when they do something great they deserve praise, and when they don’t , nothing wrong with calling them out, sharing your opinion, letting people know you won’t be buying it. All that is fine, but promoting that any of these pinball companies are going to go out of business, fire their workers, is utterly a disgrace.

#86 4 years ago

You talk about fanboys, you’re the worst one on the website. You bash JJP every chance you get, and praise Stern. That makes you a FANBOY and you call out others for being a fanboy that is a joke.

Here some proof, there is like 85 to 90 people who downvoted this person who started this thread, with only 2 upvotes you being one fanboy.

There are many people who will only buy a mopar, Chevy or ford, they all love their brands. Nothing wrong with you loving Stern and hating on JJP, but you are a fanboy and probably the worst one on the website. Before you go off the handle and call me a JJP fanboy, I can admit I like their games the best, because they put more effort into their games.

With that being said, I like Stern I own many and call Batman 66 my favorite game. I love Deadpool, AC/DC, Metallica, and even though Beatles isn’t worth 8k or 25k for that matter I like that game as well. Just because I don’t like some of the things they do don’t make me a JJP fanboy.

You’re without ANY question a Stern fanboy, they can do nothing wrong, and JJP can do nothing right.

Say it with me FANBOY!

#299 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

usually I think he just makes the shit up so let's call it progress?

You don't know anything you might be one of the dumbest people on pinside. You shouldn't tell people they make up stuff, when you don't have any evidence. You talk about making up crap, on another thread you told everyone I was trying to sell a T2 game for $5000, clearly you either can't read, or lied, or in your words make stuff up.

No one should accuse other people of making stuff up unless they have PROOF and typically the law, is wrong as usual.

#300 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Dude, JJP slurper or not come on man, JJPOTC was a total disaster

Clearly you're a Stern fanboy, a fake account created by Stern, or on the Stern payroll. Which one are you because it has to be one of the three?

So let me address you're really DUMB comment. JJPOTC is a total disaster... okay lets address that.

1) The game sold 1000 copies. That is about 9 to 10 million in total revenue. Hardly a total disaster.

2) The games are now selling used for MORE than they cost brand new. Hardly a total disaster when someone can sell for more than they can buy.

3) Currently the game ranks as one of the 10 best pinball games of all time. Hardly a total disaster.

4) Even POTC hater Kanda finally owned up and bought one. I wonder why? Maybe he finally realized the game is the GOAT!

5) The best mods ever made for any game in pinball history was created for POTC. No one will argue that. Point is the game was so awesome it lent itself to tons of incredible mods.

6) The game is totally unique, all original toys, never before attempted fx, and unlike Stern who has recently re-used the exact same playfields, the game was designed from scratch.

7) JJP still has the license and can make more if they so choose. With that being said if they choose to their will be a line around the block to buy them. If they announced they're selling 500 more it would be sold it within 48 hours.

Total disaster? POTC has sold more units and created more revenue than Alice Cooper, Houdini, Octoberfest, and TNA COMBINED. Hardly a total disaster.

Let me hear your rebuttal oh you can't ... okay I'll accept your apology.

#306 4 years ago
    Quoted from JY64:

Sorry but no one out of three games Stern puts out is a fail there are big enough to just move on. JJP big issue has always been price many of his rich customers may not understand but the number of people at JJP prices is just too small. JJP brings there price range to $6500/$8500 %50 jump in sales they will always struggle in the $9500/$12500 no matter how good the game

This post is begging for a reply... clearly you're lost in the woods on this one. Stern has some kind of program to design pinball games, and within that program is the parts available. I don't remember the last time I saw a part on a stern game that hasn't been repeated over and over again. Not to mention they reuse ENTIRE playfield designs like Batman or Beatles. Stern is not being accused of putting much original into their games these days that is just a fact. Look at Black Knight where is anything new there? Where is the effort? No one even the people who like the game are saying anything other than yes the playfield is barron.

JJP games have a screen twice the size of any Stern game. JJP includes cameras Stern does not. JJP are typically wide body clearly adds cost, Stern are not. In fact when is the last time they did a wide body anyone remember? JJP games for the most part are all powder coated, even LE Munsters wasn't powder coated most of the armor is BLACK.

JJP is doing things no one has ever seen with playfields like adding metallic flakes never saw Stern do that. But last but not least all JJP games are a one of a kind, designed from scratch with no thought to parts, or how to get them. In other words everytime they do that they must get custom parts where Stern just orders the same things as last time.

Clearly Stern makes more money off their games, because they don't put as much into them, plus they re-use designs, parts and more. There is good things about that, their games are using tried and true parts, where as JJP are using one of kind parts. Pros and cons here... but give me a break JJP games put three maybe five who knows possibly 10 times more into the games than Stern hence the higher price.

There is an old saying if you don't like the price don't buy it. I'm no longer buying Stern LE's unless they put some effort into the games to make them worth $9000.00. There isn't a single not a single Stern game that runs $9000 new that has as much into them as an LE JJP. Who can argue that point?

C'mon!

Here is the bottom line if JJP dummies down what they do like Stern, which is an option, they can't sell games for $6500.00. Its not possible.

A standard JJP has more pound for pound than ANY Stern LE by a mile. No one could argue that no one. Now you could argue that a Stern game is more fun, better this or that, but we're not talking about those aspects, just which game put more into the game itself.

Not a single stern game ever made, ever, has as much creative effort put into the game as anything JJP has ever created. Does Stern have game more fun than JJP yes they do, but they can't make a case they put more into a game than any JJP.

Why is it JJP starting putting full color screens in their machines from day one, while Stern kept producing typical dot matrix screens for years after?

There isn't a debate here... JJP puts more into their games, they're more original, more toys, wide body with big screens, simply put the real question is how can Stern charge 9k for black knight, while Wonka LE is the same price. Explain that?

#307 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Clearly explains my 7 years of talking shit aboot them.

But I'm glad you're here, we all need a new Cornelius every once in awHile.

Yeah it does explain it... the minute Stern saw WOZ they knew they better do something. Either get goofs like you to trash them, make a better machine and go over the top. Which one happened... oh yeah goofs like you starting dumb threads like this one to trash them.

Because I'm yet to see a single machine from them that stacks up to everything JJP puts into a game. Just admit it I gave you points why JJP is better you didn't dispute one. You didn't dispute you accuse people of making up shit, but I proved you make up shit.

You're a clown! That is a fact!

#314 4 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

At this point. Only one person agrees with that long diatribe

Can I ask you a question? Do you have a life outside of posting on this website 24 hours a day??? I'm being dead serious. I've been in Atlanta for a week, I did yard work yesterday, I have to go and see my staff tomorrow, going to Indy next week. I can only check this website like once a week most times, seems like you pin your eyeballs open as in the movie Clockwork Orange so you don't miss a thing. Does anyone have as many posts as you? Do you sleep inside a pinball machine? These are all serious questions. I'm actually thinking you don't have a life outside of this message board.

#316 4 years ago
    Quoted from jimwe5t:

. JJP is a somewhat of a total mess. They pick outdated or not relevant themes or themes already been done many many years ago by others.

OMG I'm wondering how much of a brain you have left after all that glue you sniffed.

Let me point out a few things here... you say they pick outdated themes.

Lets address:

WOZ: The single most beloved movie of all time and sales proved it as they're somewhere between 5000 and 6000 machines sold. BTW never done before. BTW in case you don't know items from this movie have sold for the highest prices of any collectible items in history. Dorthy shoes over 2 million, the Lion suit nearly 2 million, what are you talking about????????

Hobbit: Probably one of the most read books in history, and as for the movies they grossed BILLIONS with a B just so you know. Hobbit was never done as Stern did Lord of the Rings. I might point out that people read the book Hobbit not Lord of the Rings in school. People know Hobbit, LOTR is much lesser known title until the movies.

Dialed In: Is a unique themed game, and if we compare Dialed In to say Sterns last original theme Black Knight, c'mon there is no comparison none what so ever.

Willy Wonka: This might be the single most beloved Children's movies of all time, who doesn't love Willy Wonka. In case you're not aware they re-made this movie with Depp, you can still go to the candy store and pick up Wonka candy. Are you serious right now?

Guns N Roses: Ranked as one of the greatest rock bands in history. Again are you serious right now?

Pirates: Yes this theme was already covered by Stern, however theirs was produced over 10 years ago. The series of movies grossed multiple billions of dollars, and I repeat multiple billions of dollars. I might also point out that JJP version of the movie series is ranked as one of the ten best games ever made while Sterns is not!

Toy Story: Coming soon is the biggest digital movie franchise in the history of film. So again can you explain here?

Dude you're straight up dumb for those comments.

Now lets look at Stern...

1) Deadpool: Not even based on the movie. Love the game but there isn't a person on earth who wouldn't have rathered based on the movie. I would call this into serious question.

2) Munsters: A TV series from the 1960's that apparently has lost a lot of its fanbase.

3) Beatles: They didn't even use their best songs.

4) Black Knight: Did anyone really need this theme? I think not!

So what in the hell are you talking about questionable themes? Give me a break!

#335 4 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

Lies. Now you are the one who should check your facts.

Ahh no facts to check he bought the game. He told me he bought the game. What other facts should I check?

#336 4 years ago
    Quoted from jimwe5t:

Stern is the giant in pinball. JJP is a very small niche player originally designed for collectors.

OMG. You're actually making a very clear and very non-defensible argument. You even followed it up with another statement you couldn't defend if you're life depended on it. This is exactly what i don't get about this website, you're free to slander a company, and that is okay. Strange! JJP is in no way trying to be a niche company. Show me some evidence of that!!! Please and if you can I will leave pinside forever!

Secondly there is no giant not Stern not anyone. This is just another case of you not understanding the coin op world we live in right now... Stern is a blip as is JJP as is all the pinball companies. The companies that make all the money in the coin op world are the companies who sell everything having to do with redemption. When you go to Dave and Busters how many pinball games do you see? When you go to the mass majority of bowling centers how many do you see, or family fun centers, you see almost none ever. So to be clear no pinball manufacturer is what you called GIANT! Pinball falls within the coin op industry, and anyone making pinballs are on the lower side of the industry for several reasons. Most coin op now is either some sort of win something game, or shooter games not pinball. There is however a thriving pincade, and retro arcades thriving but they're actually teh nich not the bowling, family fun center industry.

So to be clear all pinball is nich which includes Stern! So lets start there. Secondly anyone who makes a pinball game isn't trying to only sell 100 to 500 games and be niche. JJP sold over 5,000 Wizard of Oz pinball games how is that niche? Please explain? WOZ is one of the highest selling pinball games in history again how is that niche? Explain!

NOTE: In another reply on this topic I clearly explain when comparing total number of games sold we're talking about the modern era last ten years. But if we're to compare WOZ to every pinball game ever made it would still end up as one of the highest selling games in history. In the modern era since the demise of Williams/Bally and emergence of Stern, JJP, American Pinball to everyone else between.

Quoted from jimwe5t:

JJP is a niche boutique player and in the same category as Spooky and other small manufacturers.

Okay here is where I really laugh! JJP has licensed Wizard of Oz, Toy Story from Disney, POTC from Disney, Guns N Roses, and Hobbit from Warner. How is that niche like Spooky? Explain!

Spooky has licensed nothing, but did some limited run games based on Rob Zombie and Alice Cooper. Spooky actually tells you they're doing 500 games max where as with Willy Wonka they are saying 5000 games. How and why should they be compared?

Lastly, JJP makes their games better than Stern on every single level and I mean every level how is that niche?

The highest resell value of any pinball made in the last 10 years is all JJP not Stern. How is that niche? Leaving out the failed games where they only made 15 or whatever games, we're talking full production of games. How is that niche? Explain!

JJP has sold over 1500 Dialed In, over 5000 WOZ, 1000 Pirates, and planning to make thousands more Guns N Roses and Wonka how is that niche?

Explain!

All the companies you would call NICHE like American Pinball or Spooky has yet to license a single movie yet you throw them into the same category. Explain!

The difference here I use facts you just throw out non-sense. You and the other fanboys don't like facts. I get it!

None of the arguments I've made are to say however that Stern doesn't make more pinball games, doesn't have more experience, more track record, or won't be the future #1 pinball suppliers. Not saying that. But I'm also not saying they will be either... things change fast when your goal is to be #1. Seems Deep Root is making that their goal, who's to say they won't get there? You don't have a crystal ball.

I'm argue facts! Sorry if facts aren't part of your OPINIONS!

#340 4 years ago
    Quoted from trilogybeer:

Spooky did license Rob zombie and Alice Cooper games , not sure why you’d ignore those or claim that since their production was limited that they are not licensed . Also you might be surprised how many games went over the production number of 5,000 , you claim that WOZ with a production run of 5,000 is one of the highest selling pinball games in history

Okay see here is my problem with people on pinside who post what you said... its because you didn't read what I said. Had you given what I said the full read you wouldn't have made this post. BTW I'm not mad or anything, just pointing out if you read what I said you wouldn't have said this.

1) I didn't claim WOZ was the highest selling game in history, what I said was its one of the highest selling games within the last 10 years. In other words since pinball has made some sort of a comeback, I'm not referring to any heyday era of pinball just today the modern day pinball era. So what are the top selling games I don't see Stern releasing numbers so maybe we'll never know for sure but here is my guess of the top five: WOZ, ACDC, Ghostbusters, Metallica, Star Wars. That would be my guess. My point on this issue is really simple... how can this guy claim JJP is a niche supplier when they sold over 5000 units of WOZ, 1500 Dialed In, 1000 POTC, and so on? How are they a niche pinball company when they license Guns N Roses, Toy Story, Willy Wonka?
    How are they a niche company when they have a massive factory, with clearly the second most employees only to stern? The guys point is not based on facts is my point. Just a JJP hater which is sad.

2) Again if you go back and read what I said I pointed out that Spooky had license with both Zombie and Alice Cooper. BTW Alice Cooper and Zombie are friends and even tour together. Its my understanding they wanted a pinball game and I doubt very seriously much if any money was dolled out in advance. Rob Zombie is not Queen, Beatles, ACDC, Metallica these two haven't sold millions upon millions of albums. However if you read what I said I said they haven't licensed a film!!! Personally if someone wanted Quiet Riots license I'm sure you could get it fairly easy, along with Zombie and Alice Cooper and their appeal would be niche. Hence Spooky you can argue is a niche pinball supplier. On the other hand Queen, or say Led Zeppelin are far from niche, and would have hundreds of people buying who do not like pinball. To get those licenses you're going to need some credentials same as JJP getting Guns N Roses.

I think Spooky is doing a great job if they're making money. But they're announcing only 500 of this or that... JJP is announcing 5000 Wonka's are available how does this guy compare Spooky to JJP? Hopefully you see my point!

#343 4 years ago
    Quoted from Coindork:

Sorry, but no. I'll give you that it's up there on a lot of list as far as films go, but it is not the most beloved movie off all time. That statement is simply not true.
    BTW, I own a WOZ and love the movie and love the pin.

WOZ is the most beloved movie of all time and let me point out why. 1) Its prints are stored in the US vault. 2) The movie is 80 or so years old and it still sells, still airs on TV, Disney does a prequal, and based on the popularity of the film a spinoff Wicked is the #1 broadway play in history. Hollywood Reporter ranked top 100 movies of all time WOZ was ranked #2 behind Godfather. IMDB has WOZ as the #8 highest rated film of all time. Dude the movie is going to be 100 years old soon and people keep watching the movie, how can you sit here and honestly say its not. When I say beloved its a family film, Godfather is not a family film.

Quoted from Coindork:

2) Plenty of pinball machines have production figures of 5000-6000 or even much higher. Twilight Zone(15,235 units), Lord of the Rings(5,100 units + 500 LEs), Indiana Jones(12,716 units), The Addams Family(20,270 units + 1000 golds), Star Trek The Next Generation(11,728 units), The Simpsons Pinball Party(5900 units) and thats just in the top 20 ranked pins on this site. Not even counting stuff like Terminator 2 (15,202 units).

There are several posts I talked about this and I think I was clear I'm talking modern era within the last 10 years. See there is a major difference here... back in 1990 every single bowling alley had pinball machines, today they do not, every roller skating rink had pinball games today they do not, movie theaters had pinball games today they do not. We can't compare today to the heydey of Williams and Bally. Furthermore WOZ at 8 to 10k at 5k units would be drastically higher grossing game then even Adams Family if you want to argue it that way. With that being said I'm talking about Modern Era since Stern to JJP and everyone else. I would be guessing but ACDC, Metallica, Ghostbusters, WOZ those are probably your top 4 or 5. Even if you throw in the entire history of pinball Woz is still one of the highest selling, but I never said the #1 seller just one of.

Quoted from Coindork:

Highest price of any collectible in history? Not even remotely close. I've been in the collectibles industry my entire life (buying and selling coins etc.) and the 2 million mark is not even remotely close to the highest price ever paid for a collectible.

The Lion Suit just sold for 3 million dollars that puts that in the top 10 all time. We're talking about a fur suit here that just sold from a movie that is 80 years old. How much would Dorthy shoes sell for today probably 4 million dollars its the single most iconic thing you can buy from a movie. Clearly if someone found which apparently they did Steve McQueen's Bullet car, how much is that worth? I've seen cars sell for 150 million dollars, a car vs a pair of shoes cmon. I would agree Steve McQueen's Bullet car which I think Ford now owns is probably worth 5 to 10 million to a billionaire car collector but you can't compare a pair of shoes to a car. Cars are in another category all together. The most valuable non-car item used in a movie if sold today would be Dorthy's shoes hands down. The lion suit just proved it selling for 3 million dollars a couple years ago. So what would Dorthy shoes sell for now... 5 million?

Quoted from Coindork:

I'll give that it's "one of the most", although by that argument the next pinball machine should be Muslims the Pin.

Your funny! But the most read book I guess is the Bible so yeah lets do a Bible pinball. LOL

#345 4 years ago

I just read this one article here: https://www.kansascity.com/entertainment/wizard-of-oz/article1247255.html

Calling the shoes: Dorothy’s ruby slippers remain the holy grail of Hollywood memorabilia

“The ruby slippers occupy an extraordinary place in the hearts of movie audiences the world over,” said Bob Iger, chief executive officer at Walt Disney, calling the shoes a “transformative acquisition” for the academy’s museum

visitors to the National Museum of American History in Washington, D.C., inevitably make a beeline for the ruby slippers displayed there, one of the museum’s most-asked-about artifacts.

As for movie items, nothing is bigger than Dorthy shoes, and now the Lion suit sits in the top 10 items ever sold. WOZ is and always will be the single most beloved movie in history. The whole point is some guy who clearly doesn't know what he's talking about called JJP a niche supplier. My point is how do you sell 5,000 copies plus of a game and you consider them a niche? How do you license Wonka, Guns N Roses, Toy Story, Hobbit, and call this company a niche?

That was a really dumb statement I would say!

#350 4 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

Big Dialed In fan here also,I’m thinking of pulling the trigger on a Wonka because I love DI so much.
    What’s your thinking on this ?

I've called Wonka Dialed In 2 ... if you like Dialed In you'll love Wonka. Wonka has a movie tie in to another beloved classic so in some ways you'll probably like it better. When you have a party at the house, people will instantly bee line right for the game, because they love the movie!

#366 4 years ago
    Quoted from JY64:

People WTF this thread had been dead for two days and you let drfrightner suck you back in

I didn't suck anyone in, when people make a comment like 'JJP' is a niche company, that deserves a rebuttal. Maybe you can explain it to me, why are there so many people on this website that no matter what great things JJP does, people will slander them, post fake comments, and just downright lie about them?

Do you have an answer. But on the other hand if you think Stern is not living up to their stature and you call them out the World has come to an end! I'm actually starting to wonder if people are paid to slander JJP. Because some of the comments are just so ridiculous you can't even believe it.

A 'niche' company doesn't license Toy Story, Wonka, Guns N Roses, and the entire thread in and of itself is almost like someone trying to steer you away from buying Wonka. What gives? Why the hostility towards the only company who's actually trying to innovate pinball. Why is that so bad?

#367 4 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

Your probaly right I’m about 90% there on buying Wonka,just not sure between SE and LE

I wouldn't buy standard edition if you plan on keeping the game in your home long term. I think JJP games are super detailed, so when you miss out on the powder coating, the extra features, you might finding yourself loving the game and wishing you had spent the extra few bucks.

I'm a big fan of Batman 66, but looking back I wish I had bought the LE so I could have the powder coating and the topper. So the other day I bit the bullet took off the legs and armor and sent it to the powder coating place.

I think the powder coating i'm putting on it will look better than what Stern choose for their LE. With that being said I still won't have the topper.

I bought a Topps cards with Adam West autograph, so got that, added tons of mods, sideblade art, now I'll have the powder coating.

Mine is going to look super nice but the point is why go thru all the hassle just buy an LE from jump. I'm a big fan of the willy wonka movies, and honestly I wouldn't ever sell ANY of my JJP games. So I'm not going to get an SE.

All of my JJP games are LE, love the powder coating and extra features.

#385 4 years ago
    Quoted from Wildbill327:

Oktoberfest was a bit clunky on its shots. If you like Willy Wonka the movie then you will probably want this game(WW).

I have played both WW and Octoberfest. I liked Octoberfest, but I'm not a fan of their CGI on screen, nor am I fan of the playfield art. I do think the game is fun, but the theme is confusing is it a beer drinking game, or a carnival or what? I think they went all out with the game, they added a lot of toys, and features, overall I think they did a good job. However I'm not in love with the price of $7400 and the game has no license. Whenever a game doesn't have a license its hard to find secondary buyers for the game. In other words lots of people here on pinside don't like Ghostbusters but it doesn't matter the casual guy on facebook will buy the game for their basement because they love Ghostbusters.

I think they should be selling their games without a license for about $6400.00 then I think they would have a ton more interest. The second you buy it and want to sell it you're going to be taking a $1500 shave. If you're not interested in a haircut to that level then you should wait until a used one comes up for sale. I think that company has a lot of potential if they embrace some movie licenses, I'd like to see them license Halloween or Friday the 13th... cheap license that would be able to move 750 games quickly.

As for Wonka that movie is a classic, you can't go wrong. I would say its the second most beloved Children's movie behind WOZ.

#387 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

and it sounds better than Wonka lol

If you want to base an opinion on something you saw on the web I think that you could be mistaken. I own every single JJP game and the sound is second to no other pinball company. My Pirates you can get that so loud it would shatter the windows. The audio is based on the movie, so maybe you're not loving that and would prefer something hard nosed like Black Knight. Personally though I can't stand the audio from Black Knight its loud and just repeats itself over and over and over again. After a while you get a brain hemorrhage. As for Wonka, its the audio from the movie, its special to the movie, but would I rather hear the audio from Metallica ahhh yeah!

I think pinballs and rock pins work... I'd like to see more of them starting with Queen. Short of that all pinball games not tied to a band have pretty repetitive audio. But I doubt very seriously there is anything wrong with the sound equipment on a Wonka machine. If its the same as Pirates or any of the others I'm sure you'll be just fine, you just might not like the audio that is playing. Recorded for a stream, that can't be an indication of how good the audio is in person. At Midwest Gaming Classic you couldn't even hear the audio it was so loud. You need to see and hear it yourself in person.

#410 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

How can someone who posts more keystrokes per capita than anybody here accuse others of having no lives?

Let me explain that one for you... I type a bit over 100 words per minute, I don't proof read anything, and sometimes my brain thinks faster than my fingers. And FYI I'm not losing anything but a few minutes of my life reading this non-sense about JJP going out of business in 2020, or how they're a niche company like Spooky, or how bad their sound systems are, or the best one was showing a playfield that isn't chipped but a claim it would chip.

So when I ask if anyone has a life around here, I kind of meant it, and it was kind of a joke! You figure it out!

The bottom line is I'm looking forward to seeing Guns N Roses, Toy Story, and getting my Wonka LE. I'm also looking forward to seeing the next Stern game, especially Elvira. I'm also hoping that Stern will start to return to their roots when they made games like Simpsons, with tons of toys, creativity, and lots of imagination. I'm not a JJP lover, I'm a lover of games where creativity and originality shine thru!

I'm not an old school pinball player, I don't like TNA, I like themed games, collector games, and especially games that you can go shopping for to add even more creativity. Doesn't mean TNA isn't someone else's best game ever, I'm just more into the innovation, toys, with amazing artwork. I just have a different perspective. Nothing wrong with that.

My favorite game of all time is POTC, not just based on what JJP did but based on the mods and upgrades other people made to improve the games appearance. My Pirates is totally decked out, and now that I have every mod that makes sense, I might pull the legs and armor and powder coat them. I like it when you can make a game better than it was originally, and when you're done its a work of art. Some games don't lend themselves to improvement while others do... I don't have my Wonka yet, but I've already bought and received multiple mods for the game. I'm excited.

Lastly, what I don't like more than anything is people who lie and slander and this thread is full of it! An opinion isn't a fact and a fact isn't an opinion some people need to learn that.

#427 4 years ago
    Quoted from EricHadley:

Good lord how do you type so many words?

I learned to type in high school, and I'm just fast. Its actually painful for me to watch people type. I'm definitely over 100 words per minute its easy when you know how to type. As for not proof reading, why should I the point is the point even if there is an error. Who cares. I don't have time to read every word. I actually have stuff to do like make money. I can tell you this I didn't buy and currently own 33 pinball games because I sit around on pinside all day and slander a company with false accusations. I actually own my own business and make a lot of money, so I can afford to spend it on things that interest me. If I sat on this message board and listened to all these people whine all day, about almost everything I'd be homeless.

Either way... this subject has gone off the rails from slander against JJP, lies about JJP, to playfields that aren't chipped that might chip, to deep root, to sound boards, to guys who've left JJP now work at Deep Root, to talking about flowers.

Lets switch the subject again... is McGregor ever going to fight again? I'm thinking no! That seems as good as any new topic switch.

#428 4 years ago

No I hate coffee and chocolate. I do drink a lot of lemon tea does that count?

#431 4 years ago

Since this subject has gotten so off base I was wondering can we change the subject to muscle cars? Does anyone collect them? I do... I'm a Mopar guy and I have six of them. Share some pics if you own a muscle car!

I've got several and some are in the middle of restoration... 1970 Plymouth 440 6 Pack Superbird - 1970 Plymouth 440 6 Pack Cuda - 1970 Dodge Challenger TA 340 6 Pack - 1970 Plymouth AAR Cuda 340 6-Pack - 1969 Dodge 426 Super Bee - 2016 Charger Hellcat. The AAR in the picture is almost totally restored. Its going to look pretty bad ass sitting next to its sister the Superbird.

I hoping next this topic gets switched to clowns because I have a lot of really weird clown pics! LOL

PS: Does anyone know if there is a mopar thread on pinside?
    cuda1 (resized).JPGcuda1 (resized).JPGsuperbird (resized).JPGsuperbird (resized).JPG

IMG_3488 (resized).jpgIMG_3488 (resized).jpgIMG_3491 (resized).jpgIMG_3491 (resized).jpgIMG_3487 (resized).jpgIMG_3487 (resized).jpg
    #433 4 years ago
    Quoted from EricHadley:

Why do you type so many words?

Why does War and Peace have 587,287 words? Who knows! I don't know if some of you realize how dumb this thread is and or if you realize I'm just screwing with some of you people. I'm just sitting here laughing. I'm perfectly sane and just laughing about the whole thing while some of you guys just melt down into butter. Its pretty funny almost as funny as this slanderous thread. This whole site is funny how people dig into camps, and they slam anything they don't like without even giving it a chance. The whole site is funny if you want to know the truth. So I'm just trying to play along. I promise you I'm screwing with you and some of the fanboys just fall right into the flytrap. Its so funny actually. I wish the whole site was more open minded, if someone gives a pinball game a 10 the fanboys go into meltdown mode and flag the review. If you're a fan of Stern they can do nothing wrong and someone who has an opposite opinion is slammed like crazy. If you give JJP a 10 rating, you're ripped to shreds... its that persons opinion why the flag why the downvote?

The whole site with flags for peoples ratings, or downvoting peoples opinions is just begging for hostility! I wonder if pinside realizes this? People who love Stern can do that without bashing another vendor, and vice versa. If I love a game I will give it a good rating hopefully without a flag for my opinion, and if I don't like a game and I give it a low rating, why is it someones opinion different from yours is downvoted, or flagged? I spent 10 minutes looking at all the people who rated a game a ten got flagged? WHY? That is their opinion why does it get flagged? Why do people start threads asking if JJP is going out of business when they have no facts to back up that claim? They have real workers, bills to pay, and they work towards making the industry better.

This site is just volatile... someone posts they're leaving pinside, stupid to start a post announcing that I get it, but all the same 100 people said good riddance to the guy. Why? Why is everyone so nasty around here? It deserves a few more words sorry! So there is your answer. But as the Alfred said in Batman, some people just can't be reasoned with. Oh well... LOL!

Here is a line you might like... I'm not posting to this stupid thread again. But with that being said if I come to Chicago Pinball Festival, I'm going to try I'll come back and post which day I can make it. Anyway... I'm buying every single person from this thread whatever they want to drink ON ME!!!!! Promise!! Even the people who slammed me its on my bros!!! Then you'll see how dumb this thread really is and how when you come together in person everyone will just laugh it off. People act different on message boards and in person its like what huh I don't even remember. LOL SERIOUSLY I'M BUYING FOR EVERYONE!

3 weeks later
    #459 4 years ago
    Quoted from littlecammi:

But I certainly have to respect someone who has amassed such a great collection of American muscle cars. Very nice!

Before I ever collected pinballs I was buying muscle cars! I still own several including a 70 440 Pack Cuda Sharker (sublime green) 70 Superbird 440 6 pack (sublime green) 70 Cuda AAR 340 6 Pack Sublime Green, 69 Hemi Super Bee, 70 Challenger 340 6 Pack TA Panther Pink. Plus I have a 16 Hellcat and about to buy a brand new Challenger Redeye Hellcat. I love Mopars! In the past I owned a ton of Camaro's but not just collect Mopars.

I would think everyone who loves pinball probably loves Muscle Cars! I'm coming to Chicago Expo and I'll drive my Superbird there. It will be the only one in the parking lot so I'll be easy to find! LOL

And btw, No Jersey Jack will not close after 2020!

My Bird has been getting restored for the past two years and its finally almost done. This car is so huge you could fit a pinball in the back seat!

IMG_4518 (resized).jpgIMG_4518 (resized).jpg
    #461 4 years ago
    Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Of course JJP will close after 2020 or how million years do you think they'll be around?

UR funny you got me there!!! LOL

Fact is many times kids take over the business, or its sold to a bigger company, or whatever. Who knows how long pinball in general lasts. Technology changes with every single generation, my kids can't be pealed away from Fort Knight. So who knows but you make a valid point.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider drfrightner.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/will-jjp-survive-past-2020?tu=drfrightner and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.