Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 479 posts
  • 146 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 32 days ago by Doctor6
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4518 (resized).jpg
    s-l1600-1 (resized).jpg
    3e390749c73b75a5560668c9dcaa8839 (resized).jpg
    F4CCF50F-0196-4459-9FB0-291C04F533FA (resized).png
    IMG_3487 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3491 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3488 (resized).jpg
    superbird (resized).JPG
    cuda1 (resized).JPG
    energizer-bunny (resized).jpg
    20190629_080945 (resized).jpg
    20190629_081014 (resized).jpg
    20190629_081001 (resized).jpg
    20190629_081027 (resized).jpg
    20190629_081051 (resized).jpg
    20190629_081036 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider coindork.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#148 4 years ago
    Quoted from jimwe5t:

Wide body games have been a huge problem for JJP. They just don’t flow well. The ball meanders and has more stop and go, instead of the fast sought after flow action. That is why Pat won’t make a wide body and all his offerings are standard. It’s like trying to change a tennis court to a larger size. The game would suffer greatly, just like wide body pinball does. It has been determined almost a century ago, the table size and its not wide body.
    Wonka has better flow than all other JJP tables, but the ball gets lost and that really detracts from the fun factor. Same issue with the ball on the left side of DI. Where is it? It gets lost, so the game play is just not that fun. You only hear the trap door opening, but don’t see the ball at all go into the hole. It is very unsatisfying.
    Wonka also suffers on the level of no real innovation found on the playfield. It feels and looks stripped down. This will surely hurt sales in the long run. High prices need to have high value. There just isn’t high value found on Wonka. Movie theme integration is severely lacking. The music is at best elevator music. The machine could have been soooooo much better if David Thiel was still at JJP. The narrator is just plain annoying. This game is going to be a very tough sell at nearly $10,000.00 here in the USA. I’ve looked up the crazy pricing of this game in other parts of the world and it’s insane. Big time losses are going to occur when anyone that has bought Wonka tries to on sell it to the next person. So sad, it could have been so much more at a reasonable price. JJP has big pricing issues: out of all the pinball manufacturers and they don’t see it, or maybe they do, but unwilling and think people are dumb enough to keep buying into their high pricing scheme. The person that started this thread might be right.

What are you even talking about?
    Twilight Zone, Indiana Jones, Demolition Man, Guns N Roses, Judge Dredd are all Wide Body pins.
    If they determined a century ago that wide body pins suck, I guess they forgot that in the 90s when they made those.

#325 4 years ago
    Quoted from seenev:

Man this thread is a dumpster fire.

It's a dumpster fire outside an abortion clinic.

#339 4 years ago
    Quoted from trilogybeer:

You claim to argue facts but then make statements like “Spooky has licensed nothing,” Spooky did license Rob zombie and Alice Cooper games , not sure why you’d ignore those or claim that since their production was limited that they are not licensed . Also you might be surprised how many games went over the production number of 5,000 , you claim that WOZ with a production run of 5,000 is one of the highest selling pinball games in history . Did you know that Bally Rolling Stones sold 5,700 units ? And a ton of other games have sold over 5,000 units ? If you want to argue using Facts , you should probably use facts .[quoted image]

While I do agree with some of his arguments, I have have to agree with you that his statements of things as "facts" in many cases is just not true.
    While some of this may be "in fact" how he feels or what he believes to be true, they are simply not factual statements.

Quoted from drfrightner:

WOZ: The single most beloved movie of all time and sales proved it as they're somewhere between 5000 and 6000 machines sold. BTW never done before.

1) Sorry, but no. I'll give you that it's up there on a lot of list as far as films go, but it is not the most beloved movie off all time. That statement is simply not true.
    BTW, I own a WOZ and love the movie and love the pin.

2) Plenty of pinball machines have production figures of 5000-6000 or even much higher. Twilight Zone(15,235 units), Lord of the Rings(5,100 units + 500 LEs), Indiana Jones(12,716 units), The Addams Family(20,270 units + 1000 golds), Star Trek The Next Generation(11,728 units), The Simpsons Pinball Party(5900 units) and thats just in the top 20 ranked pins on this site. Not even counting stuff like Terminator 2 (15,202 units).

Quoted from drfrightner:

BTW in case you don't know items from this movie have sold for the highest prices of any collectible items in history. Dorthy shoes over 2 million, the Lion suit nearly 2 million, what are you talking about????????

Highest price of any collectible in history? Not even remotely close. I've been in the collectibles industry my entire life (buying and selling coins etc.) and the 2 million mark is not even remotely close to the highest price ever paid for a collectible. I can name dozens of collectibles that have far exceeded 2M mark in my field alone. Namely the 1933 $20 which sold in excess of 10 Million. Thats just one filed and doesn't even count things like art, antiquities, cars, books, and other high end collectibles. There are even stamps and base ball cards thats have exceeded the 2M mark by quite a bit.
    Looks it up, I assure you those are actual facts.

Quoted from drfrightner:

Hobbit: Probably one of the most read books in history, and as for the movies they grossed BILLIONS with a B just so you know. Hobbit was never done as Stern did Lord of the Rings. I might point out that people read the book Hobbit not Lord of the Rings in school. People know Hobbit, LOTR is much lesser known title until the movies.

I'll give that it's "one of the most", although by that argument the next pinball machine should be Muslims the Pin.
    The Koran is the most read book of all time and has sold the most copies.
    Second only to the Holly Bible, I can hardly wait for Jesus Christ the pin.

Oh and by the way, more copies of Lord of the Ring (150 Million copies) have been sold than the Hobbit (just over 100 million copies).
    Book sales would indicate that LOTR is not the lesser know of the two.

I'm sorry, but the things you present as "facts" are as fucked up as a soup sandwich.

I'm not a fan boy for any company one way or the other. I own JJP, Spooky, Stern, Bally, Williams, Data East etc. and love them all.
    I give my money to the company that put out the pin that I want to own (whomever that may be).
    I don't understand the BS about pitting the companies against each other and which ones the best.
    Just be happy that multiple companies are now making pinball machines.
    It was only a decade ago when Stern was the only manufacturer making new machines (at least in any numbers).
    I hope the market can continue to flourish and support all of these companies.
    It will be a sad day if we have only one pinball manufacturer to choose from.

4 weeks later
    #464 4 years ago

Man, this thread is like herpes.
    Just when you think it gone again it comes back.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider coindork.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/will-jjp-survive-past-2020?tu=coindork and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.