Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 479 posts
  • 146 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by Doctor6
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4518 (resized).jpg
    s-l1600-1 (resized).jpg
    3e390749c73b75a5560668c9dcaa8839 (resized).jpg
    F4CCF50F-0196-4459-9FB0-291C04F533FA (resized).png
    IMG_3487 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3491 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3488 (resized).jpg
    superbird (resized).JPG
    cuda1 (resized).JPG
    energizer-bunny (resized).jpg
    20190629_080945 (resized).jpg
    20190629_081014 (resized).jpg
    20190629_081001 (resized).jpg
    20190629_081027 (resized).jpg
    20190629_081051 (resized).jpg
    20190629_081036 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JY64.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#68 4 years ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

The real question is will Stern make any good games in 2020! I will get some popcorn and be right back as well.

No the real question is will Wonka avoid being the clusterf*#k that POTC turned into

#78 4 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

My comment was about JY 64 and people that do what he does

LOL it's funny you say that because my comment "No the real question is will Wonka avoid being the clusterf*#k that POTC turned into" was quoting Skyemont's comment "The real question is will Stern make any good games in 2020! I will get some popcorn and be right back as well." yet you do not bring skyemont's comment up go figure

#117 4 years ago

Forget 2020 right now with American, CGC, JJP, Stern and Spooky can they all survive and if not who will die off if Deeproot makes a good machine

#118 4 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Looking forward to next weeks topics.
    "Are JJP's fun"?
    "Are JJP's worth it"?
    "Should I buy a JJP"?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-jjp-is-the-most-fun

Fun has been done

#169 4 years ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

One q to you? What games do you have in your collection?

Skyemont you just turned your collection to public a month or two back when I called you out on making the same type of comment. People thinking you have to own a JJP game to have an opinion on a JJP game is pure bullshit. JJP games cost more then many are willing to spend on a pin

#170 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

lol
    those 2 statements give the entire worth of this whole thread and your opinion a big fat zero!
    stop feeding the troll guys. He thinks JJP will be dead soon but has not even played their 2 best pins yet... WTF, serious. ya gotta be jokin me smalls

Whoa Whoa Whoa first off you are leaving WOZ out of JJP top two games . Second Wonka has just started shipping far to early to be calling that JJP best

#172 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Beatles. Ouch![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow your trying to make a thing out of those pics

who_designed-tech_support_3_laughing_man (resized).jpgwho_designed-tech_support_3_laughing_man (resized).jpg
    #175 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

wait...???
    you honestly think that is acceptable for an 8k game?

So tell me what jumps out at you in this enlarged photo

dab72904864ee7e1d93f141da65ec3c94a19f3f5.jpeg (resized).jpgdab72904864ee7e1d93f141da65ec3c94a19f3f5.jpeg (resized).jpg
    #181 4 years ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

Until you own one, play it in a home setting you really should not say they suck.

You really think all the people who have shown POTC and Wonka love have played it in a home setting you must be kidding your self

#182 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

multiple posts where clearcoat AND art has lifted. all this on a game with minor dimpling and white rubber showing how little plays before this happened.
    [quoted image]

Congrats you have a pic of a game that might chip would you like me to show you a pic of a JJP game that has chipped

#191 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I think it's acceptable for a $3K game. Where can I get one?

LOL

#204 4 years ago

Why did you post this when the conversation was on present day games that thread is irrelevant

#205 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I can post the email where you discuss Beatles playfields with me. It reads like you made them and are looking into the issues.
    If you did not make them, then I apologize as they look like your work and your email asking about the issues sure gave that impression.
    Combined with your claims to be exclusive manufacturer of parts for Stern in that previous linked thread, it sure seemed like this was all you.
    Since you are here, what is going on with JJP Pfs (which I assume you made?) Have you figured it out at the root cause level and fixed it?

The link you speak of was a thread of classic game parts that has no relevance to today's playfields

#217 4 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

Considering they just wrapped up the second highest grossing tour of all time, you might want to admit that your personal opinion of them is not the status quo.

The year the Stern Stones pin came out they had just finished a huge tour it did not help the pin reviews. go listen to the last 20 yr of GNR they are just plain bad

#220 4 years ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

Exactly. Stern can come out with 1k band pinballs but as soon as JJP is rumored to come out wifh GNR, its a piece of shit. Very very funny shit.

who said the game was a piece of shit

#259 4 years ago
    Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Stern managed to sell what 100 or so primus pins at 8k. Think about that... If you think a Wonka level gnr pin will not do well at 7500.

Finding the first 100 or even 500 buyers at those prices is one thing but trying to find 2000 sales at $7500/8000 is a whole nother thing

#261 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

It's a total fail for the company, regardless if you like it.
    Stern used the theme when it was hot, JJP picked it when no one cared.
    Stern had an awesome multi-animated bash toy ship, JJP had 2 features stripped out before shipping.
    Stern had Captain Jack Sparrow voices & many other fun pirate characters, JJP has 84 characters featured, but voices for none.
    Stern POTC was a best seller, JJP POTC was "cancelled" quicker than any pinball machine ever.

you sir are going to burn in hell

#264 4 years ago

I do not think anyone thinks JJP will be gone by 2020 but will they put out two games in 2019 and 2020

#274 4 years ago
    Quoted from jimwe5t:

After reading all your posts here, I’m coming to some conclusions on the viability of certain pinball companies:
    1. Stern has the model down to a fine science on how to stay relevant and successful in a very hard business, i.e., pinball manufacturing.
    2. Spooky has their own unique business model and stays in business based on how they’ve set that up. Non refundable pre-sold table orders.
    3. CGC has their own business model that works for them, mainly because they are just making repeats of old games everyone loves.
    4. American Pinball has an interesting business model that remains to be seen.
    5. JJP is a somewhat of a total mess. They pick outdated or not relevant themes or themes already been done many many years ago by others. The real person running the company appears to be Pat. His years of experience seems to have the real owners ears, meaning the investor family that has taken over. They don’t know pinball, but trust what Pat tells them. Pat is old school, which is not a bad thing necessarily, but can hurt a company in 2019 and may cause them to be struggling to survive in 2020, which is the theme of this thread.
    JJP has made one poor decision after another and has left their core reason of existence: being a high end boutique company for collectors. Wonka comparatively a stripped down table with no special mechs, at high pricing, is evidence of leaving that core reason of being in business. With rumored GNR on the horizon, once again a theme already done in the long ago past, might really hurt the company. Rumored Toy Story with little to no movie assets, based on JJP history, will be another potential loser and potentially not a strong pinball theme (although if done like WOZ many mechs, I might buy it even if assets are weak, if Pat does the layout, because it will play much better than WOZ).

Sorry but no one out of three games Stern puts out is a fail there are big enough to just move on. JJP big issue has always been price many of his rich customers may not understand but the number of people at JJP prices is just too small. JJP brings there price range to $6500/$8500 %50 jump in sales they will always struggle in the $9500/$12500 no matter how good the game

#289 4 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

The bottom line is the dealer should be selling not turning business away especially when it's potentially $10K sale for one machine.

First off JJP customers seem to have an entitled attitude. As for making a second run if that run is for 500 games it is viable if it is for 50 games the cost do not line up even at $10,000

#302 4 years ago

Really Skymont that's what it's come to cheering on drfrightner that's sad

#352 4 years ago

People WTF this thread had been dead for two days and you let drfrightner suck you back in

#360 4 years ago
    Quoted from Psw757:

This one is about to chip!
    Two or the 5-6 areas of ripples.
    Glad I’m not interested in this title.[quoted image][quoted image]

Don't be a Panzer showing pic's of playfield before they start chipping saying it will chip

#390 4 years ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

I hate the band Iron Maiden but still got the pin. I have already sold it because the sound would never go away. WW can get updates to help.

LOL but will it

#393 4 years ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

Lol my point is if people can get past Iron Maiden music, they can get past the same on Wonka.

Personally I hate the sound of both WOZ and Wonka love the sound of BK Stern I can't imagine someone liking both sound package styles of BK Stern and Wonka

#414 4 years ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

Of course you do. Wonka will get there. If you don’t like the movies, you won’t like the sounds from these games.

I Loved watching Wonka and Woz as a kid there was a certain magic in them as there was with Rudolph the red nosed reindeer and the Charlie Brown or Peanuts holiday specials. That does not make them a good pinball theme

#458 4 years ago
    Quoted from CVeRiTy:

I have no idea how much money is paid in royalties for each sale, but I'm all for smart unlicensed themes which allow more of our money to be spent on development and toys.

Because of the fact license games sell better than a un-license game the savings will go toward margins not toward toys

3 weeks later
    #463 4 years ago
    Quoted from fisherdaman:

Better question: will this thread survive past 2020?

If people keep taking drfrighner's bait and start if back up after it had been dead for three weeks I would have to say yes it will still be going

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JY64.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/will-jjp-survive-past-2020?tu=JY64 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.