Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 479 posts
  • 146 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 27 days ago by Doctor6
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4518 (resized).jpg
    s-l1600-1 (resized).jpg
    3e390749c73b75a5560668c9dcaa8839 (resized).jpg
    F4CCF50F-0196-4459-9FB0-291C04F533FA (resized).png
    IMG_3487 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3491 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3488 (resized).jpg
    superbird (resized).JPG
    cuda1 (resized).JPG
    energizer-bunny (resized).jpg
    20190629_080945 (resized).jpg
    20190629_081014 (resized).jpg
    20190629_081001 (resized).jpg
    20190629_081027 (resized).jpg
    20190629_081051 (resized).jpg
    20190629_081036 (resized).jpg
    There are 479 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 10.
    #401 4 years ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

I hate the band Iron Maiden but still got the pin. I have already sold it because the sound would never go away. WW can get updates to help.

Idk. Other than adding callouts I doubt the update would do anything about the style in which they designed the sound package.
    Sound really is too integral to the play of a game for it to be something you can dismiss or overlook. I actually got rid of my Medieval madness years ago because I found the callouts(especially the trolls) to grating. Otherwise I thought the game was pretty cool.

#402 4 years ago
    Quoted from Honch:

Idk. Other than adding callouts I doubt the update would do anything about the style in which they designed the sound package.
    Sound really is too integral to the play of a game for it to be something you can dismiss or overlook. I actually got rid of my Medieval madness years ago because I found the callouts(especially the trolls) to grating. Otherwise I thought the game was pretty cool.

David Thiel was a HUGE loss for JJP...................

#403 4 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

David Thiel was a HUGE loss for JJP...................

why isn't JJP using him anymore? Too much $ or did he retire?

#405 4 years ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

why isn't JJP using him anymore? Too much $ or did he retire?

that sweet deeproot money. they have so much talent now. hopefully they can deliver.

#406 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Got hired by deeproot
    His choice

A huge tragedy for Stern & JJP. His music & sound design is fantastic. He’s been a legend since creating the iconic sound for Q*Bert!!!

I respect his decision, cuz I’m all for artists getting a steady packcheck....that being said, F Deeproot.

#407 4 years ago

I hate to say this....but its just another troll post like we had to deal with repeatedly through the years. Ignore it and it will go away.

#408 4 years ago
    Quoted from playernumber4:

I hate to say this....but its just another troll post like we had to deal with repeatedly through the years. Ignore it and it will go away.

Not everyone not agreeing with oneself is a troll.

I wish JJP nothing but the best and see what they've done for pinball but nontheless tgeir lineup doesn't resonate with me.

And depending on where you're from a license like Wonka, wich never was broadcasted or available here until recently, is dead on arrival.

#409 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Frightener seems to be losing it.
    How can someone who posts more keystrokes per capita than anybody here accuse others of having no lives?
    That Shit just doesn’t fly. You can’t post on a pinball forum - AT ALL - and play the “get a life” card. I don’t care how much yard work you claimed to do yesterday.

Now we can't post about yardwork?? That's it! Now you get pics of my plants!

20190629_080945 (resized).jpg20190629_080945 (resized).jpg20190629_081001 (resized).jpg20190629_081001 (resized).jpg20190629_081014 (resized).jpg20190629_081014 (resized).jpg20190629_081027 (resized).jpg20190629_081027 (resized).jpg20190629_081036 (resized).jpg20190629_081036 (resized).jpg20190629_081051 (resized).jpg20190629_081051 (resized).jpg20190629_081113 (resized).jpg20190629_081113 (resized).jpg20190629_081120 (resized).jpg20190629_081120 (resized).jpg20190629_081126 (resized).jpg20190629_081126 (resized).jpg
    #410 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

How can someone who posts more keystrokes per capita than anybody here accuse others of having no lives?

Let me explain that one for you... I type a bit over 100 words per minute, I don't proof read anything, and sometimes my brain thinks faster than my fingers. And FYI I'm not losing anything but a few minutes of my life reading this non-sense about JJP going out of business in 2020, or how they're a niche company like Spooky, or how bad their sound systems are, or the best one was showing a playfield that isn't chipped but a claim it would chip.

So when I ask if anyone has a life around here, I kind of meant it, and it was kind of a joke! You figure it out!

The bottom line is I'm looking forward to seeing Guns N Roses, Toy Story, and getting my Wonka LE. I'm also looking forward to seeing the next Stern game, especially Elvira. I'm also hoping that Stern will start to return to their roots when they made games like Simpsons, with tons of toys, creativity, and lots of imagination. I'm not a JJP lover, I'm a lover of games where creativity and originality shine thru!

I'm not an old school pinball player, I don't like TNA, I like themed games, collector games, and especially games that you can go shopping for to add even more creativity. Doesn't mean TNA isn't someone else's best game ever, I'm just more into the innovation, toys, with amazing artwork. I just have a different perspective. Nothing wrong with that.

My favorite game of all time is POTC, not just based on what JJP did but based on the mods and upgrades other people made to improve the games appearance. My Pirates is totally decked out, and now that I have every mod that makes sense, I might pull the legs and armor and powder coat them. I like it when you can make a game better than it was originally, and when you're done its a work of art. Some games don't lend themselves to improvement while others do... I don't have my Wonka yet, but I've already bought and received multiple mods for the game. I'm excited.

Lastly, what I don't like more than anything is people who lie and slander and this thread is full of it! An opinion isn't a fact and a fact isn't an opinion some people need to learn that.

#411 4 years ago
    energizer-bunny (resized).jpgenergizer-bunny (resized).jpg
    #412 4 years ago

I think the main question is will this thread survive past 2020? Will the same people be bashing JJP and praising Stern? Will the same people be bashing stern and praising JJP? Will people be pointlessly arguing about who is better to other people that have no intention of being convinced that they are wrong? Will someone have sought out DrFrightner and kicked him in the nuts?

#413 4 years ago
    Quoted from drfrightner:

Lastly, what I don't like more than anything is people who lie and slander and this thread is full of it! An opinion isn't a fact and a fact isn't an opinion some people need to learn that.

Self-knowledge is the first step to improvement. ;P

#414 4 years ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

Of course you do. Wonka will get there. If you don’t like the movies, you won’t like the sounds from these games.

I Loved watching Wonka and Woz as a kid there was a certain magic in them as there was with Rudolph the red nosed reindeer and the Charlie Brown or Peanuts holiday specials. That does not make them a good pinball theme

#415 4 years ago
    Quoted from JY64:

I Loved watching Wonka and Woz as a kid there was a certain magic in them as there was with Rudolph the red nosed reindeer and the Charlie Brown or Peanuts holiday specials. That does not make them a good pinball theme

Nor does it make them good to watch now as an adult.

They're extremely hard to sit through now.

I still think a great game can overcome a bad theme, but a great theme can't help a bad game.

#416 4 years ago
    Quoted from RTS:

Nor does it make them good to watch now as an adult.
    They're extremely hard to sit through now.
    I still think a great game can overcome a bad theme, but a great theme can't help a bad game.

Good points. Congo is a fun pinball but the movie sucked.

#417 4 years ago
    Quoted from drfrightner:

... I don't proof read anything, and sometimes my brain thinks faster than my fingers....

No...fucking....shit

#418 4 years ago

Speaking of creative freedom. Why TF would they artificially "age" the film footage on Choco Fact by adding fake "dust" and "hair" on top of it while its playing?

#419 4 years ago
    Quoted from Bendit:

Speaking of creative freedom. Why TF would they artificially "age" the film footage on Charlie and Choco Fact by adding fake "dust" and "hair" on top of it while its playing?

cause it makes it look CINEMATIC.

this is a typical 'creative' move from a 'non-creative' person.

obscene color saturation levels and unnecessary lens flare being other common examples.

#420 4 years ago
    Quoted from adamsebas:

With the apparent game delays and questionable themes (especially DI and Wonka) is there a future for JJP after Wonka? I can't see Wonka sales setting the world on fire. For me JJPs always seem slow and boaty with complex rules. I just don't think their games are arcade friendy etc and feel that one more poor title could be the end for JPP.

I 100% agree with Wonka being a questionable theme. This is my opinion only, but that movie has always been just plain weird and creepy to me. Certainly not something I would ever put in my house. That being said, I have never been a fan of any paid for licensed theme pin in my private collection. Having owned FH, BK, AFM, Space Mission, Fathom, NGG, I almost always go for original themes over a paid for license pin.

#421 4 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

Now we can't post about yardwork?? That's it! Now you get pics of my plants![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Fuck, look at the huge dimples on those roses.

#422 4 years ago
    Quoted from Bendit:

Speaking of creative freedom. Why TF would they artificially "age" the film footage on Charlie and Choco Fact by adding fake "dust" and "hair" on top of it while its playing?

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory was the piece of garbage remake starring Johnny Depp. This is Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory starring Gene Wilder.

Are you referring to film grain?

#423 4 years ago
    Quoted from drfrightner:

OMG. You're actually making a very clear and very non-defensible argument. You even followed it up with another statement you couldn't defend if you're life depended on it. This is exactly what i don't get about this website, you're free to slander a company, and that is okay. Strange! JJP is in no way trying to be a niche company. Show me some evidence of that!!! Please and if you can I will leave pinside forever!
    Secondly there is no giant not Stern not anyone. This is just another case of you not understanding the coin op world we live in right now... Stern is a blip as is JJP as is all the pinball companies. The companies that make all the money in the coin op world are the companies who sell everything having to do with redemption. When you go to Dave and Busters how many pinball games do you see? When you go to the mass majority of bowling centers how many do you see, or family fun centers, you see almost none ever. So to be clear no pinball manufacturer is what you called GIANT! Pinball falls within the coin op industry, and anyone making pinballs are on the lower side of the industry for several reasons. Most coin op now is either some sort of win something game, or shooter games not pinball. There is however a thriving pincade, and retro arcades thriving but they're actually teh nich not the bowling, family fun center industry.
    So to be clear all pinball is nich which includes Stern! So lets start there. Secondly anyone who makes a pinball game isn't trying to only sell 100 to 500 games and be niche. JJP sold over 5,000 Wizard of Oz pinball games how is that niche? Please explain? WOZ is one of the highest selling pinball games in history again how is that niche? Explain!
    NOTE: In another reply on this topic I clearly explain when comparing total number of games sold we're talking about the modern era last ten years. But if we're to compare WOZ to every pinball game ever made it would still end up as one of the highest selling games in history. In the modern era since the demise of Williams/Bally and emergence of Stern, JJP, American Pinball to everyone else between.

Okay here is where I really laugh! JJP has licensed Wizard of Oz, Toy Story from Disney, POTC from Disney, Guns N Roses, and Hobbit from Warner. How is that niche like Spooky? Explain!
    Spooky has licensed nothing, but did some limited run games based on Rob Zombie and Alice Cooper. Spooky actually tells you they're doing 500 games max where as with Willy Wonka they are saying 5000 games. How and why should they be compared?
    Lastly, JJP makes their games better than Stern on every single level and I mean every level how is that niche?
    The highest resell value of any pinball made in the last 10 years is all JJP not Stern. How is that niche? Leaving out the failed games where they only made 15 or whatever games, we're talking full production of games. How is that niche? Explain!
    JJP has sold over 1500 Dialed In, over 5000 WOZ, 1000 Pirates, and planning to make thousands more Guns N Roses and Wonka how is that niche?
    Explain!
    All the companies you would call NICHE like American Pinball or Spooky has yet to license a single movie yet you throw them into the same category. Explain!
    The difference here I use facts you just throw out non-sense. You and the other fanboys don't like facts. I get it!
    None of the arguments I've made are to say however that Stern doesn't make more pinball games, doesn't have more experience, more track record, or won't be the future #1 pinball suppliers. Not saying that. But I'm also not saying they will be either... things change fast when your goal is to be #1. Seems Deep Root is making that their goal, who's to say they won't get there? You don't have a crystal ball.
    I'm argue facts! Sorry if facts aren't part of your OPINIONS!

Good lord how do you type so many words?

#424 4 years ago

he types 100 words/minute and drinks lots of coffee...

#425 4 years ago
    Quoted from ktownhero:

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory was the piece of garbage remake starring Johnny Depp. This is Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory starring Gene Wilder.

You're right. Thanks.

Quoted from ktownhero:

Are you referring to film grain?

Yes. ADDED digital film grain that's actually shitty. Yes.

#426 4 years ago

Since removed digital film grain for those who care.

#427 4 years ago
    Quoted from EricHadley:

Good lord how do you type so many words?

I learned to type in high school, and I'm just fast. Its actually painful for me to watch people type. I'm definitely over 100 words per minute its easy when you know how to type. As for not proof reading, why should I the point is the point even if there is an error. Who cares. I don't have time to read every word. I actually have stuff to do like make money. I can tell you this I didn't buy and currently own 33 pinball games because I sit around on pinside all day and slander a company with false accusations. I actually own my own business and make a lot of money, so I can afford to spend it on things that interest me. If I sat on this message board and listened to all these people whine all day, about almost everything I'd be homeless.

Either way... this subject has gone off the rails from slander against JJP, lies about JJP, to playfields that aren't chipped that might chip, to deep root, to sound boards, to guys who've left JJP now work at Deep Root, to talking about flowers.

Lets switch the subject again... is McGregor ever going to fight again? I'm thinking no! That seems as good as any new topic switch.

#428 4 years ago

No I hate coffee and chocolate. I do drink a lot of lemon tea does that count?

#429 4 years ago
    Quoted from drfrightner:

I learned to type in high school, and I'm just fast. Its actually painful for me to watch people type. I'm definitely over 100 words per minute its easy when you know how to type. As for not proof reading, why should I the point is the point even if there is an error. Who cares. I don't have time to read every word. I actually have stuff to do like make money. I can tell you this I didn't buy and currently own 33 pinball games because I sit around on pinside all day and slander a company with false accusations. I actually own my own business and make a lot of money, so I can afford to spend it on things that interest me. If I sat on this message board and listened to all these people whine all day, about almost everything I'd be homeless.
    Either way... this subject has gone off the rails from slander against JJP, lies about JJP, to playfields that aren't chipped that might chip, to deep root, to sound boards, to guys who've left JJP now work at Deep Root, to talking about flowers.
    Lets switch the subject again... is McGregor ever going to fight again? I'm thinking no! That seems as good as any new topic switch.

I don't think you understand what I am saying. Let me re-phrase it. Why do you type so many words?

#430 4 years ago
    Quoted from drfrightner:

No I hate coffee and chocolate. I do drink a lot of lemon tea does that count?

Someone call the police...I think someone abducted Dr. Frightner. His post stopped after only two short sentences!

#431 4 years ago

Since this subject has gotten so off base I was wondering can we change the subject to muscle cars? Does anyone collect them? I do... I'm a Mopar guy and I have six of them. Share some pics if you own a muscle car!

I've got several and some are in the middle of restoration... 1970 Plymouth 440 6 Pack Superbird - 1970 Plymouth 440 6 Pack Cuda - 1970 Dodge Challenger TA 340 6 Pack - 1970 Plymouth AAR Cuda 340 6-Pack - 1969 Dodge 426 Super Bee - 2016 Charger Hellcat. The AAR in the picture is almost totally restored. Its going to look pretty bad ass sitting next to its sister the Superbird.

I hoping next this topic gets switched to clowns because I have a lot of really weird clown pics! LOL

PS: Does anyone know if there is a mopar thread on pinside?
    cuda1 (resized).JPGcuda1 (resized).JPGsuperbird (resized).JPGsuperbird (resized).JPG

IMG_3488 (resized).jpgIMG_3488 (resized).jpgIMG_3491 (resized).jpgIMG_3491 (resized).jpgIMG_3487 (resized).jpgIMG_3487 (resized).jpg
    #432 4 years ago
    Quoted from Bendit:

Yes. ADDED digital film grain that's actually shitty. Yes.

Yeah, I don't like that either especially when new movies do it. Unfortunately, that's not a JJP thing, that's something commonly done. At least its justifiable by the fact that WW was originally shot on film. The movie that it irked me the most on was 300.

#433 4 years ago
    Quoted from EricHadley:

Why do you type so many words?

Why does War and Peace have 587,287 words? Who knows! I don't know if some of you realize how dumb this thread is and or if you realize I'm just screwing with some of you people. I'm just sitting here laughing. I'm perfectly sane and just laughing about the whole thing while some of you guys just melt down into butter. Its pretty funny almost as funny as this slanderous thread. This whole site is funny how people dig into camps, and they slam anything they don't like without even giving it a chance. The whole site is funny if you want to know the truth. So I'm just trying to play along. I promise you I'm screwing with you and some of the fanboys just fall right into the flytrap. Its so funny actually. I wish the whole site was more open minded, if someone gives a pinball game a 10 the fanboys go into meltdown mode and flag the review. If you're a fan of Stern they can do nothing wrong and someone who has an opposite opinion is slammed like crazy. If you give JJP a 10 rating, you're ripped to shreds... its that persons opinion why the flag why the downvote?

The whole site with flags for peoples ratings, or downvoting peoples opinions is just begging for hostility! I wonder if pinside realizes this? People who love Stern can do that without bashing another vendor, and vice versa. If I love a game I will give it a good rating hopefully without a flag for my opinion, and if I don't like a game and I give it a low rating, why is it someones opinion different from yours is downvoted, or flagged? I spent 10 minutes looking at all the people who rated a game a ten got flagged? WHY? That is their opinion why does it get flagged? Why do people start threads asking if JJP is going out of business when they have no facts to back up that claim? They have real workers, bills to pay, and they work towards making the industry better.

This site is just volatile... someone posts they're leaving pinside, stupid to start a post announcing that I get it, but all the same 100 people said good riddance to the guy. Why? Why is everyone so nasty around here? It deserves a few more words sorry! So there is your answer. But as the Alfred said in Batman, some people just can't be reasoned with. Oh well... LOL!

Here is a line you might like... I'm not posting to this stupid thread again. But with that being said if I come to Chicago Pinball Festival, I'm going to try I'll come back and post which day I can make it. Anyway... I'm buying every single person from this thread whatever they want to drink ON ME!!!!! Promise!! Even the people who slammed me its on my bros!!! Then you'll see how dumb this thread really is and how when you come together in person everyone will just laugh it off. People act different on message boards and in person its like what huh I don't even remember. LOL SERIOUSLY I'M BUYING FOR EVERYONE!

#434 4 years ago
    Quoted from EricHadley:

I don't think you understand what I am saying. Let me re-phrase it. Why do you type so many words?

Not sure why he types so many words but I only read his first and last sentience. Every thing in between is just noise.

#435 4 years ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

If this thread survives into 2020 will someone have sought out DrFrightner and kicked him in the nuts?

His overly repetitive postings made me hope so.

Quoted from drfrightner:

I'm a Mopar guy and have a '70 440 6-Pack Superbird, '70 440 6-Pack 'Cuda, '70 Challenger TA 340 6-Pack, '70 AAR 'Cuda 340 6-Pack, '69 426 Hemi Super Bee and 2016 Charger Hellcat.

But I certainly have to respect someone who has amassed such a great collection of American muscle cars. Very nice!

#436 4 years ago

I’ll play JJP on location, but they haven’t offered anything that I’d want in my collection. Now if they did a theme I liked and the game was also fun, I’d definitely put one in my collection. As for issues with play fields chipping, etc. I’ve seen these issues mentioned in Stern and JJP threads. It is what it is unfortunately. I’m sure we are due for another dimples thread lol. As for any pinball manufacturer making it last 2020, I sure do hope so. I’ve recently just picked up a stupidly loaded computer for the purpose of VR, and I’m blown away. I can definitely see VR being the wave of the future. I’d also love a pinball collection in a VR setting with tactile functions. Wouldn’t replace “real” pinball for me, but would be fun to play machines I won’t be able to own due to cost, rarity and space limitations.

#437 4 years ago

Typing skills: 70wpm
    Cars: 2
    Muscle rating on cars: Weak

I rate pretty low on the Frightner Scale.

#438 4 years ago
    Quoted from ktownhero:

The movie that it irked me the most on was 300.

It has that? Do you remember the scene? I remember the slo-mo shtuff, but not the film grain.

#439 4 years ago

Haven’t been in this thread for a few days and look at the image summary.....I’ve landed in the muscle car gardening forum.

F4CCF50F-0196-4459-9FB0-291C04F533FA (resized).pngF4CCF50F-0196-4459-9FB0-291C04F533FA (resized).png
    #440 4 years ago
    Quoted from Bendit:

It has that? Do you remember the scene? I remember the slo-mo shtuff, but not the film grain.

It's not a scene, it's the whole movie.

#441 4 years ago
    Quoted from ktownhero:

It's not a scene - it's the whole movie.

I thought the graininess throughout 300 had to be a stylistic choice by the director.
    If it was unintentional surely someone during film production would have questioned it.

#442 4 years ago

Oh man, the shit storm of whining about film grain online when the Blu-ray of 300 came out, people were losing their minds.

The film grain thing on Wonka is because some scenes are meant to look like they're being projected on a screen, no? It's only on those bits, and not the full screen I thought. I dunno, I don't love Wonka's AV package, but you're never going to hear me say JP isn't creative. He's done the best LCD packages in pinball, hands down. If he didn't nail this one, well, maybe it's the theme. The music and sounds are fighting the same thing, maybe the guy behind them is talented and just doesn't have much to work with. I know the art is dull because of the license, it's the slot machine package, it is what it is.

I feel the same way about this that I do about any license that holds a game back. It sucks, I feel for the people making it, and ultimately it's the company's fault for choosing it. There are a million ideas out there to use, pick a better one next time. It's weird to me that for all the time and work pinball entails more time isn't spent making sure that work is being spent on something that will shine.

I have zero doubt that Pat's talents would sell better with a more appealing package. JJP needs people who aren't engineers making more decisions, that much is clear to me at least from what I understand about how they're run now.

(Wonka is a fine movie and fine theme, but the assets and restrictions are clearly an issue, so you gotta be realistic about what really working with a theme means, regardless of how much you love the idea.)

#443 4 years ago
    Quoted from drfrightner:

I've called Wonka Dialed In 2 ... if you like Dialed In you'll love Wonka. Wonka has a movie tie in to another beloved classic so in some ways you'll probably like it better. When you have a party at the house, people will instantly bee line right for the game, because they love the movie!

At this point, I still prefer DI. Most people downplay the creative aspects of that game, callouts, game universe, etc. For me, I like what the crew developed, and the original nature of it feels less repetitive than a license with video and audio clips. Feels a bit friendlier to shoot also.

#444 4 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

I have zero doubt that Pat's talents would sell better with a more appealing package. JJP needs people who aren't engineers making more decisions, that much is clear to me at least from what I understand about how they're run now.

Yep. Was really surprised Toy Story wasn't next in line. I imagine Disney/Pixar would be a better partner (and the Toy Story franchise is much more modern/relevant).

Willy Wonka is almost 50 years old! Seems like the license owners might not be as motivated to engage? (assuming they are alive

#445 4 years ago
    Quoted from snaroff:

I imagine Disney/Pixar would be a better partner

you might imagine that but the reality is they are one of the most ruthless and difficult 'partners' to deal with when it comes to licensing and utilizing their IP.

i'm actually surprised that pinball manufacturers even attempt to deal with them considering the high costs and nitpicky restrictions they are known for.

#446 4 years ago
    Quoted from snaroff:

Yep. Was really surprised Toy Story wasn't next in line. I imagine Disney/Pixar would be a better partner (and the Toy Story franchise is much more modern/relevant).
    Willy Wonka is almost 50 years old! Seems like the license owners might not be as motivated to engage? (assuming they are alive

Going to be interesting to see how restrictive Toy Story licencing is. Cant imagine it will be easy or cheap. Lets hope JJP had someone like Roger Sharpe negotiating on their behalf.

#447 4 years ago

Uh the primary licensor for Wonka is Warner Bros., the licensor for 3 of the 5 JJP games... so, yeah, that is backwards thinking. Granted there are other parties involved with Wonka but Warner is first and foremost. Disney is much more difficult to deal with as has proven to be the case.

#448 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Uh the primary licensor for Wonka is Warner Bros., the licensor for 3 of the 5 JJP games... so, yeah, that is backwards thinking. Granted there are other parties involved with Wonka but Warner is first and foremost. Disney is much more difficult to deal with as has proven to be the case.

Disney was difficult with Pirates due to there being SOOO many producing partners and contracts...there's Bruckheimer & all the actors having their own individual deals.

Animation is different...it will be much easier for them to use assets and art for Toy Story. Voices will be a different story, and cost more to do it right...but shouldn't be impossible. Here's what I imagine will happen: They make a deal to use any real voice clips from the movies (that way you get a ton of Buzz, Woody, etc) ....then for custom voices, they'll get "cheaper" characters...maybe they can get Wallace Shawn for Rex, or a Rickles sound-alike for Mr. Potato Head...Rickles making fun of the player would be perfect for a custom voice.

#449 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Disney was difficult with Pirates due to there being SOOO many producing partners and contracts...there's Bruckheimer & all the actors having their own individual deals.
    Animation is different...it will be much easier for them to use assets and art for Toy Story. Voices will be a different story, and cost more to do it right...but shouldn't be impossible. Here's what I imagine will happen: They make a deal to use any real voice clips from the movies (that way you get a ton of Buzz, Woody, etc) ....then for custom voices, they'll get "cheaper" characters...maybe they can get Wallace Shawn for Rex, or a Rickles sound-alike for Mr. Potato Head...Rickles making fun of the player would be perfect for a custom voice.

I guess voices for animated movies can be easily substituted with voice actors.

#450 4 years ago
    Quoted from anathematize:

...and nitpicky restrictions they [Disney] are known for.

Indeed, their standards are quite high.

3e390749c73b75a5560668c9dcaa8839 (resized).jpg3e390749c73b75a5560668c9dcaa8839 (resized).jpg

s-l1600-1 (resized).jpgs-l1600-1 (resized).jpg

There are 479 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/will-jjp-survive-past-2020/page/9?hl=pinballomatic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.