Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 479 posts
  • 146 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 26 days ago by Doctor6
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4518 (resized).jpg
    s-l1600-1 (resized).jpg
    3e390749c73b75a5560668c9dcaa8839 (resized).jpg
    F4CCF50F-0196-4459-9FB0-291C04F533FA (resized).png
    IMG_3487 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3491 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3488 (resized).jpg
    superbird (resized).JPG
    cuda1 (resized).JPG
    energizer-bunny (resized).jpg
    20190629_080945 (resized).jpg
    20190629_081014 (resized).jpg
    20190629_081001 (resized).jpg
    20190629_081027 (resized).jpg
    20190629_081051 (resized).jpg
    20190629_081036 (resized).jpg
    There are 479 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 10.
    #151 4 years ago

Also STTNG is a top game. Not my favorite but people tend to love it

#152 4 years ago
    Quoted from adamsebas:

played all JJP pins except POTC and Wonka. I personally don't really dig them at all.

lol

those 2 statements give the entire worth of this whole thread and your opinion a big fat zero!

stop feeding the troll guys. He thinks JJP will be dead soon but has not even played their 2 best pins yet... WTF, serious. ya gotta be jokin me smalls

#153 4 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

Don't forget about Road Show...designed by none other than Pat Lawlor himself.

...as was Twilight Zone

#154 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

lol
    those 2 statements give the entire worth of this whole thread and your opinion a big fat zero!
    stop feeding the troll guys. He thinks JJP will be dead soon but has not even played their 2 best pins yet... WTF, serious. ya gotta be jokin me smalls

Was this thread ever supposed to be more than a joke or just flat out trolling? It doesn't take much to get the fanboys up in arms, does it?
    Pinball manufacturing will most likely die a very slow death over the next decade (imo). Just enjoy the new golden age while it lasts, because it never does.

#155 4 years ago

Dialed In rocks...my only JJP game to date. Hopefully they will deliver both GNR & Toy Story...I'm very interested in both titles.

#156 4 years ago

The title needs to change to:

Will Stern make any great games in 2020?

#157 4 years ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

The title needs to change to:
    Will Stern make any great games in 2020?

start it up!

seems like a more genuine thread than this one and if the mod team isn't shutting this one down, then that one seems fine also

#158 4 years ago

I don't think the OP deserves to be slammed for an honest question. I'm not a huge JJP fan but do like some of their games, DI mostly. You have to admit they have taken some missteps and struggle to get any game out in a timely fashion. Perhaps that is changing with Wonka but that seems due to JJP reducing features to get games out. If JJP continues stripping features and making games less complex in order to increase production schedules, how will their core fans respond? I already see some people backing out of Wonka preorders when reality did not meet up with expectations.

#159 4 years ago
    Quoted from jimwe5t:

That is why Pat won’t make a wide body and all his offerings are standard. It’s like trying to change a tennis court to a larger size.

As others have pointed out, Pat does in fact have widebody games.

Also, speak for yourself on what you said about DI not being satisfying. That game is effing amazing. I find all of the shots extremely satisfying.

#160 4 years ago
    Quoted from jawjaw:

I don't think the OP deserves to be slammed for an honest question. I'm not a huge JJP fan but do like some of their games, DI mostly. You have to admit they have taken some missteps and struggle to get any game out in a timely fashion. Perhaps that is changing with Wonka but that seems due to JJP reducing features to get games out. If JJP continues stripping features and making games less complex in order to increase production schedules, how will their core fans respond? I already see some people backing out of Wonka preorders when reality did not meet up with expectations.

That’s kind of disappointing - I played Wonka a couple of days ago and was really impressed by how fun it was, especially the ramps and the multiple Wonkavision shots. And the ball lock was very cool! I don’t really connect with the theme - or at least as far as owning one, but I spent a good $15 playing it and that’s more than I can say for the TAF nearby (one of my all time favorites)

#161 4 years ago
    Quoted from ktownhero:

As others have pointed out, Pat does in fact have widebody games. Also, it's my understanding that a wide body game is not "larger", it is simply shorter length-wise as to give the playfield a more square shape. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.
    Also, speak for yourself on what you said about DI not being satisfying. That game is effing amazing. I find all of the shots extremely satisfying.

Wide body games are wider.

#162 4 years ago
    Quoted from ktownhero:

Also, it's my understanding that a wide body game is not "larger", it is simply shorter length-wise as to give the playfield a more square shape. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

Same length as a standard.

#163 4 years ago
    Quoted from jimwe5t:

Wide body games have been a huge problem for JJP. They just don’t flow well. The ball meanders and has more stop and go, instead of the fast sought after flow action. That is why Pat won’t make a wide body and all his offerings are standard. It’s like trying to change a tennis court to a larger size. The game would suffer greatly, just like wide body pinball does. It has been determined almost a century ago, the table size and its not wide body.
    Wonka has better flow than all other JJP tables, but the ball gets lost and that really detracts from the fun factor. Same issue with the ball on the left side of DI. Where is it? It gets lost, so the game play is just not that fun. You only hear the trap door opening, but don’t see the ball at all go into the hole. It is very unsatisfying....

Then stick to Sterns. You'll never have to worry about anything blocking the view of your ball.

#164 4 years ago

I am a fan of JJP (own 1 and looking to add WoZ) and believe they will be around for time to come but let me ask this .... IF JJP doesn't get a hold on the playfield issue (clear-coat cracking/lifting) how many people are going to continue purchasing machines? I don't feel JJP is responsible for the issue(s) but it's something that needs to be addressed. People with Wonka are already reporting issues like that of Pirates.

I don't think the OP was trolling as it's his opinion that JJP machines aren't fun and when he goes out and about he doesn't see the games on location, other then one place, so he posted his question. Wait, forgot this is Pinside....please continue to bash!

#165 4 years ago

It does bother me that JJP can’t or won’t make a pin like Potc even though people will buy it.

Makes me wonder about their business plan. It’s like you go to a sandwich shop and they tell you they’re out of bread. It’s just wrong.

#166 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Wide body games are wider.

Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Same length as a standard.

Ah ok, that makes sense. Thanks for the correction!

#167 4 years ago
    Quoted from meSz:

doesn't get a hold on the playfield issue (clear-coat cracking/lifting)

have you seen Stern pf issues as of late?

Since they are using the same pf manufacturer... it is the same issues

#168 4 years ago

Beatles. Ouch!

116B2943-E9A7-4446-B577-24EBDDBCB9A6 (resized).jpeg116B2943-E9A7-4446-B577-24EBDDBCB9A6 (resized).jpeg588A59CD-17A9-4A4C-A6B1-1DEAFDFDB65A (resized).jpeg588A59CD-17A9-4A4C-A6B1-1DEAFDFDB65A (resized).jpeg5CECFB13-DC46-46D1-A923-D14666B32C0C (resized).jpeg5CECFB13-DC46-46D1-A923-D14666B32C0C (resized).jpeg8A9834D0-BA90-4AA6-8B79-9C6EF16F1C1B (resized).jpeg8A9834D0-BA90-4AA6-8B79-9C6EF16F1C1B (resized).jpeg
    #169 4 years ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

One q to you? What games do you have in your collection?

Skyemont you just turned your collection to public a month or two back when I called you out on making the same type of comment. People thinking you have to own a JJP game to have an opinion on a JJP game is pure bullshit. JJP games cost more then many are willing to spend on a pin

#170 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

lol

Whoa Whoa Whoa first off you are leaving WOZ out of JJP top two games . Second Wonka has just started shipping far to early to be calling that JJP best

#171 4 years ago
    Quoted from JY64:

Whoa Whoa Whoa first off you are leaving WOZ out of JJP top two games . Second Wonka has just started shipping far to early to be calling that JJP best

nah, we have Wonka on route. I played it at shows and now played it plenty on route already.
    Design is the best, period, hands down. Theme is the best
    Just a matter of how code polishes TBT.

I know WOZ is best seller (and we have one of those also), but never really been a fan.

I would take WONKA > POTC (if they make them again) >DI >TH >WOZ

just my personal taste

#172 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Beatles. Ouch![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow your trying to make a thing out of those pics

who_designed-tech_support_3_laughing_man (resized).jpgwho_designed-tech_support_3_laughing_man (resized).jpg
    #173 4 years ago
    Quoted from JY64:

Wow your trying to make a thing out of those pics[quoted image]

wait...???

you honestly think that is acceptable for an 8k game?

#174 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Beatles. Ouch![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

It won't be long before those bubbles crack and the clear just lifts off!

#175 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

wait...???

So tell me what jumps out at you in this enlarged photo

dab72904864ee7e1d93f141da65ec3c94a19f3f5.jpeg (resized).jpgdab72904864ee7e1d93f141da65ec3c94a19f3f5.jpeg (resized).jpg
    #176 4 years ago
    Quoted from JY64:

So tell me what jumps out at you in this enlarged photo[quoted image]

Beatles.jpgBeatles.jpg
    #177 4 years ago
    Quoted from JY64:

Skyemont you just turned your collection to public a month or two back when I called you out on making the same type of comment. People thinking you have to own a JJP game to have an opinion on a JJP game is pure bullshit. JJP games cost more then many are willing to spend on a pin

I would rather JJP haters say they cant afford one than to say they suck. Are you F kidding me??? Until you own one, play it in a home setting you really should not say they suck. Are they alot of $$$$ Hell yes. I just think its funny how the guys who dont like JJP dont currently have one, not on their wishlist and have never owned one in the past.

#178 4 years ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

I just think its funny how the guys who dont like JJP dont currently have one, not on their wishlist and have never owned one in the past.

Well, this makes sense as some people don't have a JJP pin that they like to play. I clearly, by owning Hobbit, think - at least some of - the JJP pins are great. A lot of people like Iron Maiden - I have played it several times - but I don't want to own it. Heck I like Star Wars much better.

Different pins for different people - that is why I like that we have so much to choose from, and new ones are still coming out every year (truly amazing really).

What gets me is that just because someone doesn't like a game then it must suck for everyone else and that isn't the case at all - and vice versa.

EDIT: Skyemont - I do get your point about 'How can you say a pin sucks if you have never played it'. My point is, EVEN if they have played it - whether it is good or not is just their opinion (man).

#179 4 years ago

Whenever I see a JJP / Stern bitchfest - which is to say any thread or post that mentions JJP or Stern - I can't help but think of these guys...

bbb (resized).jpgbbb (resized).jpg
    #180 4 years ago
    Quoted from JY64:

So tell me what jumps out at you in this enlarged photo[quoted image]

multiple posts where clearcoat AND art has lifted. all this on a game with minor dimpling and white rubber showing how little plays before this happened.
    68977188355ebc5358d33be5ad3679ffe004fff0 (resized).jpg68977188355ebc5358d33be5ad3679ffe004fff0 (resized).jpg

#181 4 years ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

Until you own one, play it in a home setting you really should not say they suck.

You really think all the people who have shown POTC and Wonka love have played it in a home setting you must be kidding your self

#182 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

multiple posts where clearcoat AND art has lifted. all this on a game with minor dimpling and white rubber showing how little plays before this happened.
    [quoted image]

Congrats you have a pic of a game that might chip would you like me to show you a pic of a JJP game that has chipped

#183 4 years ago
    Quoted from JY64:

You really think all the people who have shown POTC and Wonka love have played it in a home setting you must be kidding your self

Most of the time when i play JJP games at the shows, the setup sucks and you cant get a good feel of the game. If someone does not like a game thats cool, but to say ALL of JJP games are bad? Someone is smoking some good shit i would like to have.

#184 4 years ago
    Quoted from JY64:

Congrats you have a pic of a game that might chip would you like me to show you a pic of a JJP game that has chipped

I want to see it. My WOZ chipped badly in less than 100 games. That's what soured me on JJP. That and the price, ouch.

#185 4 years ago
    Quoted from JY64:

Wow your trying to make a thing out of those pics[quoted image]

Quoted from Whysnow:

wait...???

that's not acceptable for a 3k game!!!

#186 4 years ago
    Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

that's not acceptable for a 3k game!!!

agreed

#187 4 years ago

I think it's acceptable for a $3K game. Where can I get one?

#188 4 years ago
    Quoted from JY64:

I dont think you understand but honestly with how few pins you have experience with, I would not expect you to.

The BEATLES pf and POTC pf issues are the same and from the same maker. Chipped is just what happens after that bubble lifts and over more time.

NEITHER is acceptable on ANY game

#189 4 years ago

POST REMOVED - Not relative to this thread

#190 4 years ago

Getting back to the OP's post. If JJP goes under so am i. Not only is Jack keeping pinball going in a exciting direction, he is keeping me interested.

#191 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I think it's acceptable for a $3K game. Where can I get one?

LOL

#192 4 years ago

Pretty sure Deeproot makes a lot of 3K games? At least peopel around here "have been hearing some great things" aboot them

#193 4 years ago

As long as people keep buying NIB pinball machines, all the manufacturers will be fine. Once supply is greater than demand, we may see a few changes.

I personally do not think threads like this one are good for our hobby. There is nothing to be gained by anyone. "drain"

#194 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinballaddicted:

As long as people keep buying NIB pinball machines, all the manufacturers will be fine. Once supply is greater than demand, we may see a few changes.
    I personally do not think threads like this one are good for our hobby. There is nothing to be gained by anyone. "drain"

Best statement of the week on Pinside right here!

#195 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Are people really this sensitive? Get real!! A pinball thread on a pinball forum is not going to hurt the pinball hobby no matter how ludicrous or negative the thread becomes.

#196 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I dont think you understand but honestly with how few pins you have experience with, I would not expect you to.
    The BEATLES pf and POTC pf issues are the same and from the same maker. Chipped is just what happens after that bubble lifts and over more time.
    NEITHER is acceptable on ANY game

Stern and JJP playfields are not from the same manufacturer. JJP playfields are made in Germany, and Stern playfields are digitally printed and clear coated in Illinois. Actually, Stern, Spooky, JJP and American Pinball all use different manufacturers for playfields.

#197 4 years ago
    Quoted from WillSmuz8999:

Stern and JJP playfields are not from the same manufacturer. JJP playfields are made in Germany, and Stern playfields are digitally printed and clear coated in Illinois. Actually, Stern, Spooky, JJP and American Pinball all use different manufacturers for playfields.

Sorry but you are wrong. Stern does in fact use Mirco for at least some runs. In this case, Beatles for sure.

From what I can tell stern uses at least 3 different places.

#198 4 years ago

I have never run any stern playfields. Whoever thinks he knows better is lying.

Mirco

#200 4 years ago
    Quoted from PopBumperPete:

Jack has more than one income stream

What is his other income stream?

There are 479 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/will-jjp-survive-past-2020/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.