Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 471 posts
  • 143 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Mike_J
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4518 (resized).jpg
    s-l1600-1 (resized).jpg
    3e390749c73b75a5560668c9dcaa8839 (resized).jpg
    F4CCF50F-0196-4459-9FB0-291C04F533FA (resized).png
    IMG_3487 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3491 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3488 (resized).jpg
    superbird (resized).JPG
    cuda1 (resized).JPG
    energizer-bunny (resized).jpg
    20190629_080945 (resized).jpg
    20190629_081014 (resized).jpg
    20190629_081001 (resized).jpg
    20190629_081027 (resized).jpg
    20190629_081051 (resized).jpg
    20190629_081036 (resized).jpg

There are 471 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 10.
    #451 4 years ago
    Quoted from cooked71:

I guess voices for animated movies can be easily substituted with voice actors.

Not "easily" ...still gotta get someone good. Tom Hank's contract is set up so only his brother can do Woody's voice for products....so, if there's Woody custom voices, it'll be Jim Hanks.

#452 4 years ago
    Quoted from Orko:

As for issues with play fields chipping, etc. I’ve seen these issues mentioned in Stern and JJP threads. It is what it is unfortunately.

You probably wouldn't feel that way if you actually did purchase a NIB JJP. (I haven't either.) Because I think you already know what the first question will be out of the mouths of potential buyers for these games second hand.

To answer the OP's question, it's ultimately up to the NIB buyer (hobbyist and location) as to whether or not JJP survives past 2020. I've liked some of their offerings so far and have not liked some their others. If they can't improve quality control and how they're handling customer concerns over it (or at least the perception of it), perhaps they don't deserve to survive past 2020. I was seriously considering first NIB ever with Wonka, but I'm just not taking any chances on the playfields. There are a lot of people with a lot more money than me twisted into a knot over it, so I know that I'd be stressed to the max. Therefore, I just don't think it's the best move at this point. Thank goodness many W/B games are still running and looking pretty darn good a quarter century plus on.

#453 4 years ago
    Quoted from ktownhero:

It's not a scene, it's the whole movie.

Yes, it was a stylistic choice. That's the point I was making.

#454 4 years ago
    Quoted from Amused_to_Death:

Indeed, their standards are quite high.
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]

That’s awesome.

#455 4 years ago
    Quoted from Amused_to_Death:

Indeed, their standards are quite high.
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]

i'm not a disney merch expert but i believe that is their own product.

completely different than a licensing deal with a third party that wants to use actual creative assets from one of their films.

#456 4 years ago
    Quoted from drfrightner:

based on the popularity of the film a spinoff Wicked is the #1 broadway play in history

Wicked is a great play, I’ve seen it and really enjoyed it. But cut out the hyperbole, there is no objective measure by which Wicked is the top Broadway show of all time. It’s not the reigning longest playing show (Phantom) or the top grossing (Lion King) show that’s even on Broadway today...much less history.

#457 4 years ago

Wonka and DI are questionable themes?

DI is my 2nd favorite pin, I give JJP and Pat Lawlor a lot of credit for having the guts to take on an unlicensed theme. So many of the classics were unlicensed and had a ton of innovation for the day, and that's something that I miss. I have no idea how much money is paid in royalties for each sale, but I'm all for smart unlicensed themes which allow more of our money to be spent on development and toys.

I am looking forward to Wonka more than any other recent game - so much so that I've ordered the CE (even though I will acknowledge that it is overpriced). I've played the SE and the initial software is reasonable for a new release, although I am betting based on their previous releases that the software will become excellent after a while.

There is no reason JJP should fail except for things outside their control (economy, pinball hitting another major slump, etc)

#458 4 years ago
    Quoted from CVeRiTy:

I have no idea how much money is paid in royalties for each sale, but I'm all for smart unlicensed themes which allow more of our money to be spent on development and toys.

Because of the fact license games sell better than a un-license game the savings will go toward margins not toward toys

3 weeks later
    #459 4 years ago
    Quoted from littlecammi:

But I certainly have to respect someone who has amassed such a great collection of American muscle cars. Very nice!

Before I ever collected pinballs I was buying muscle cars! I still own several including a 70 440 Pack Cuda Sharker (sublime green) 70 Superbird 440 6 pack (sublime green) 70 Cuda AAR 340 6 Pack Sublime Green, 69 Hemi Super Bee, 70 Challenger 340 6 Pack TA Panther Pink. Plus I have a 16 Hellcat and about to buy a brand new Challenger Redeye Hellcat. I love Mopars! In the past I owned a ton of Camaro's but not just collect Mopars.

I would think everyone who loves pinball probably loves Muscle Cars! I'm coming to Chicago Expo and I'll drive my Superbird there. It will be the only one in the parking lot so I'll be easy to find! LOL

And btw, No Jersey Jack will not close after 2020!

My Bird has been getting restored for the past two years and its finally almost done. This car is so huge you could fit a pinball in the back seat!

IMG_4518 (resized).jpgIMG_4518 (resized).jpg
    #460 4 years ago
    Quoted from drfrightner:

Before I ever collected pinballs I was buying muscle cars! I still own several including a 70 440 Pack Cuda Sharker (sublime green) 70 Superbird 440 6 pack (sublime green) 70 Cuda AAR 340 6 Pack Sublime Green, 69 Hemi Super Bee, 70 Challenger 340 6 Pack TA Panther Pink. Plus I have a 16 Hellcat and about to buy a brand new Challenger Redeye Hellcat. I love Mopars! In the past I owned a ton of Camaro's but not just collect Mopars.
    I would think everyone who loves pinball probably loves Muscle Cars! I'm coming to Chicago Expo and I'll drive my Superbird there. It will be the only one in the parking lot so I'll be easy to find! LOL
    And btw, No Jersey Jack will not close after 2020!
    My Bird has been getting restored for the past two years and its finally almost done. This car is so huge you could fit a pinball in the back seat![quoted image]

Of course JJP will close after 2020 or how million years do you think they'll be around?
    The question was: Will they survive until then. I suppose so, they seem to get on track.

#461 4 years ago
    Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Of course JJP will close after 2020 or how million years do you think they'll be around?

UR funny you got me there!!! LOL

Fact is many times kids take over the business, or its sold to a bigger company, or whatever. Who knows how long pinball in general lasts. Technology changes with every single generation, my kids can't be pealed away from Fort Knight. So who knows but you make a valid point.

#462 4 years ago

Better question: will this thread survive past 2020?

#463 4 years ago
    Quoted from fisherdaman:

Better question: will this thread survive past 2020?

If people keep taking drfrighner's bait and start if back up after it had been dead for three weeks I would have to say yes it will still be going

#464 4 years ago

Man, this thread is like herpes.
    Just when you think it gone again it comes back.

2 weeks later
    #465 4 years ago

I laughed at this thread when I first saw it......now i’m like “ well they should be”

#466 4 years ago
    Quoted from Extraballz:

I laughed at this thread when I first saw it......now i’m like “ well they should be”

Same to me ... when WOZ arrived I was impressed by all the toys, the innovation and the great quality. The market was shaked around !
    Now after Hobbit, Pirates and the wanking Willy .... for me all is gone. No more shine, no more single Star on the pinball heaven

DI was at least from play a very good machine but was killed with "bad updates" IMHO. Sold it after last update.

2 years later
    #467 1 year ago

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz JJP seems to have survived and expanded. OMG!

#468 1 year ago

I hope so. Hate to lose any company.

Once they started with one bowing out in the mid 1990's, more followed and you couldn't stop it.

Don't want to repeat that again.

LTG : )

3 weeks later
    #469 1 year ago

Yes, apparently

#470 1 year ago
    Quoted from benheck:

Yes, apparently

Getting sketchy. Next release will be huge all around.

Of course the main thing is whether JJP makes it or not this thread will always memorialize drfrightner's final step into madness.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/will-jjp-survive-past-2020?tu=drfrightner

#471 1 year ago

Define “survive.”

There are 471 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/will-jjp-survive-past-2020/page/10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.