Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 471 posts
  • 143 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Mike_J
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4518 (resized).jpg
    s-l1600-1 (resized).jpg
    3e390749c73b75a5560668c9dcaa8839 (resized).jpg
    F4CCF50F-0196-4459-9FB0-291C04F533FA (resized).png
    IMG_3487 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3491 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3488 (resized).jpg
    superbird (resized).JPG
    cuda1 (resized).JPG
    energizer-bunny (resized).jpg
    20190629_080945 (resized).jpg
    20190629_081014 (resized).jpg
    20190629_081001 (resized).jpg
    20190629_081027 (resized).jpg
    20190629_081051 (resized).jpg
    20190629_081036 (resized).jpg

There are 471 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 10.
    #1 4 years ago

With the apparent game delays and questionable themes (especially DI and Wonka) is there a future for JJP after Wonka? I can't see Wonka sales setting the world on fire. For me JJPs always seem slow and boaty with complex rules. I just don't think their games are arcade friendy etc and feel that one more poor title could be the end for JPP.

#2 4 years ago

Will have to disagree on Wonka being a questionable theme
    For me, it’s a dream theme, as I’m sure it’s for many others
    I am in on an LE and am so excited to have my first JJP in my collection
    With GNR and Toy Story strongly rumoured to be amongst JJP’s upcoming titles, their future looks bright

#3 4 years ago

I think they will be fine, I think there sales are good, and a lot of love for there games, wonka is a fun layout, and WOZ Platinum Tin Man edition for $15,000 should hold them if there games fail...

#4 4 years ago

are you expecting an informed answer from a bunch of out-of-touch-with-reality daydreamers?

you should ask leonard abess.

#5 4 years ago
    Quoted from adamsebas:

With the apparent game delays and questionable themes (especially DI and Wonka) is there a future for JJP after Wonka? I can't see Wonka sales setting the world on fire. For me JJPs always seem slow and boaty with complex rules. I just don't think their games are arcade friendy etc and feel that one more poor title could be the end for JPP.

jjPotC is DESTROYING all comers on the route I help with, even at the higher $1.50/play 4 ball price. Still double the next closest (relatively new - Deadpool) Stern. Casuals and hardcore alike seem to love it.

Wonka is bleh out of the gate, but may get better.

Guns N Roses should be jjPotC level godliness since Eric's doing it and the band rocks.

Then Toy Story.

Plenty of reasons for success...

#6 4 years ago

If Stern can do it then so can JJP.

John

#7 4 years ago

Jack has more than one income stream

#9 4 years ago

What delays? Wonka has come out ahead of schedule.

I don’t feel the themes are questionable and make for great fun and wide appeal. Hobbit, POTC, WOZ and Wonka are iconic generational themes. For me, they’ve hit home runs on every game, including dialed in. We don’t need JJP to become stern, just keep producing quality feature packed games.

#10 4 years ago

Wonka is as big a theme in the US as Thunderbirds is in Australia. For me it's the first time they actually got the theme right. Just have to wait to see if they can make it sound less like a slot machine...Thiel left some pretty big shoes to fill.

#11 4 years ago
    Quoted from adamsebas:

With the apparent game delays and questionable themes (especially DI and Wonka) is there a future for JJP after Wonka? I can't see Wonka sales setting the world on fire. For me JJPs always seem slow and boaty with complex rules. I just don't think their games are arcade friendy etc and feel that one more poor title could be the end for JPP

I hope they survive, more companies making games the better but u have sound logic. I think one great standard body, fast well themed game would help.
    Wonka, GnR and Toy Story aint gonna do it but I don't think it will sink the company by 2020. The fanboys are already out in this thread and it will get worse. Thanks for that, it will add to the entertainment of this long weekend.

#12 4 years ago

.... HOPEFULLY !!

Every manufacturer is needet within pinball ! But if I see quality and worth of the machines from WOZ top today , I think the best days are gone.
    WOZ was worth 2 years waiting. Printed cabinets with cleacoat, toys over toys in the pin. No Pro, PREM and LE stuff ....

But now ... horrible prices, PRO, PREM and LE stuff with different , or missing toys ... disaster with Pirates and the 3 discs ... Hopefully they will make it.
    I had WOZ, TH, DI and loved WOZ long time, TH was sold after some month, DI was over a year in my house. PoTC was no theme for me after the 3 disk disaster. Wonka .... horrible ....

Just my 5 cent

#13 4 years ago

DI is questionable, but Wonka is a great theme.........Terrible thread!

#14 4 years ago

Seriously they r coming out with gnr?? I mean yes they were good for their time but there are so many other titles and subjects they could have done . Oh well at least I can save my money on this one
    Maybe for our generation gnr would be fine but younger kids I betcha they won’t even touch it at the arcades.. but just my two cents

#15 4 years ago

sorry, but what a silly post.

#16 4 years ago

Another one of these threads? Every 6 months there's been one since WOZ was announce, it's old.

#17 4 years ago

I think they will survive. I hope they will survive; I love my Hobbit and PotC. I think they will have to make better business and production decisions than they have in the past, to survive. Since they've started to remove the over-the-top features that made WoZ, Hobbit, DI and PotC such special "experiential" machines and stripped down for Wonka...I really believe it will come down to these next 3 releases (Wonka, GnR, TS) as a turning point of sorts.

Wonka, GnR and TS need to be: standard body (so JJP can make profit); make $$ on route; have great design and shots; have great rules and code updates as in the past with JJP. Appeal to the masses AND Pinsiders/Pinheads (unlike Stern, who are so entrenched/large and profitable that they only really need to do well on route IMO).

I get the impression, from the company's behavior, that the investors want to see more profit.

There are too many players that aren't Stern...some may have to go in the next few years.

#18 4 years ago
    Quoted from adamsebas:

Well the JJP owners have 100 times more financial Backing than Stern.

Wonka Container one for Australia are Shipping Now, no sales problems with JJP Games or Titles.

#19 4 years ago

I am starting to believe the opposite of what this thread is suggesting. JJP is finally hitting their stride. They have made some mistakes in the past, but they are learning how to do things right and get machines out the door. The Wonka rollout has been a huge success compared to POTC. They have proven they can announce and release a game in relatively short period of time, and this release seems to be mechanically less complicated. If they can keep this pace up for the second 2019 title, I think they will be in great shape. The x-factor is the economy. If we have another hard downturn like 2009, things will get rough for JJP. Premium toys are one of the first things that get cut out when the fun money dries up.

#20 4 years ago
    Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Seriously they r coming out with gnr?? I mean yes they were good for their time but there are so many other titles and subjects they could have done . Oh well at least I can save my money on this one

Would they make the mistake again of reusing a theme that already has been done as a modern pinball machine? I like GNR but not enough to have two GNR machines in my basement.

#21 4 years ago

As long as JJP can keep developing and producing great pins they will be just fine. Will they be here past 2020? Absolutely

#22 4 years ago
    Quoted from Squizz:

sorry, but what a silly post.</
    This guy is just trying to stir up more shit.Go away!

#23 4 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

I hope they survive, more companies making games the better but u have sound logic. I think one great standard body, fast well themed game would help.
    Wonka, GnR and Toy Story aint gonna do it but I don't think it will sink the company by 2020. The fanboys are already out in this thread and it will get worse. Thanks for that, it will add to the entertainment of this long weekend.

I was waiting for you to come over here Gary. Lmao

#24 4 years ago

Is this guy for real??!?

#25 4 years ago
    Quoted from boustrophedonic:

I like GNR but not enough to have two GNR machines in my basement.

I would assume that the majority of people that would want a GnR don't already have the DE version. With a new GnR album in the works, timing might be good.

#26 4 years ago

I didn’t know Jack’s accountant is on this forum!! and here i was like a boob, calling his office and searching him by the first 3 letters of his last name!

#27 4 years ago

DI is a great pin. How is theme questionable? Original theme and they nailed it in my opinion. All JJP pins are top 20 of all time except maybe Hobbit. I think they are doing just fine. If they do GNR it will explode.

#28 4 years ago

This thread would be slightly better if there was a poll with a dozen different comical answers to choose from.

#29 4 years ago

The biggest concern I have for JJP going forward is this clearcoat/chipping issue. Widespread on POTC,YBR and now it appears Wonka as well. They need to get this under control, people are only willing to tolerate so much.

Aside from that, they make a great game and will be around for the long haul.

#30 4 years ago
    Quoted from woody76:

DI is a great pin. How is theme questionable? Original theme and they nailed it in my opinion.

Enough with that talk... Says guy looking for a DI on trade

#31 4 years ago
    Quoted from woody76:

DI is a great pin. How is theme questionable? Original theme and they nailed it in my opinion. All JJP pins are top 20 of all time except maybe Hobbit. I think they are doing just fine. If they do GNR it will explode.

For some that darn phone toy drives them nuts. How dare JJP base a toy off of a device that has revolutionized how we communicate and one that nearly everyone carries. My goodness, I'm writing this on a phone right now!!! What has the pinball world come to. Lol

#32 4 years ago

As an owner of JJP games and thoroughly looking forward to the next Guns & Roses game , Thread questions like this make me wonder like capital one what's in your wallet?

#33 4 years ago

To the original question: Both JJP and Stern will survive past 2020. Both companies make great machines. HOWEVER, I am under the impression that Stern is being run as a business for profit, and JJP is being financed by very rich people as a hobby. If you had millions or billions of dollars and were looking to maintain investments, why not own a pinball machine company along with your port-a-potty business?

I have nothing against either business (both make great pins), but I don't think the business model is necessarily the same for both of them. Both are trying to make money, only one has to remain profitable to make pins.

#34 4 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

For some that darn phone toy drives them nuts. How dare JJP base a toy off of a device that has revolutionized how we communicate and one that nearly everyone carries. My goodness, I'm writing this on a phone right now!!! What has the pinball world come to. Lol

The phone doesn't bother me at all but I do get annoyed with the Sim Card and Phone scoops when there are Cliffy's installed. The game played great without them but the holes weren't designed for the Cliffy so it's reject city! Other than that and the Electric Guy on a stick I really like the game though. I do prefer the gameplay of Wonka though because it doesn't have as many bounce-outs. The Gobstopper hole seems more than fair in lettting the ball in. Starting modes also doesn't seem like such a linear process.

#35 4 years ago
    Quoted from MikeS:

The phone doesn't bother me at all but I do get annoyed with the Sim Card and Phone scoops when there are Cliffy's installed. The game played great without them but the holes weren't designed for the Cliffy so it's reject city! Other than that and the Electric Guy on a stick I really like the game though. I do prefer the gameplay of Wonka though because it doesn't have as many bounce-outs. The Gobstopper hole seems more than fair in lettting the ball in. Starting modes also doesn't seem like such a linear process.

The electric guy on a stick,really bothers you?I think after the last update he’s very implemented in a lot of strategic ways.Try a mantis protector

#36 4 years ago
    Quoted from MikeS:

Mine has the factory protectors. No complaints here. When I hit my phone scoop, it goes in.

#37 4 years ago

May as well feed this cesspool - Munsters sucks.

#38 4 years ago

Threads like this are why I avoid Pinside for stretches of time - but hey, to each his or her own. JJP is doing just fine, thank you and Wonkas are selling at a near alarmingly fast pace, but hey... whatever...

#39 4 years ago

Will any of us survive past 2020?

#40 4 years ago

Where do people come up with these ideas? We need a new outlet for this hobby as the trolls have taken over on Pinside.

#41 4 years ago
    Quoted from adamsebas:

Wrong.
    Back in the day Pins went into arcades, now I would bet 80% are sold for home use and 20% to arcades.
    At home you want a deep rule sets to keep you interested a neat theme like Wonka, Ghost Busters, WOZ, and of course games like Iron Maiden, Metallica, Walking Dead for the adults in the house hold.

#42 4 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

The electric guy on a stick,really bothers you?I think after the last update he’s very implemented in a lot of strategic ways.Try a mantis protector

I guess he serves his purpose by blocking certain shots, but it does take away from the flow of the game when he is always getting in your way. And when the Theater releases the ball and it bounces off the guy it it just doesn't seem that smooth. He's not as bad as Mick on a Stick and he does add more difficulty to the game but I'm glad they didn't put in something similar in Wonka which makes that game flow a whole lot better!

#43 4 years ago
    Quoted from gliebig:

Mine has the factory protectors. No complaints here. When I hit my phone scoop, it goes in.

You must be lucky... When I play it on route it's a night and day difference in the amount of rejects pre and post protectors. I feel like hitting the Sim Card scoop is usually more luck than skill.

#44 4 years ago
    Quoted from woody76:

All JJP pins are top 20 of all time except maybe Hobbit.

Hobbit is just outside the top 30, still pretty damn good

#45 4 years ago
    Quoted from greenhornet:

are you expecting an informed answer from a bunch of out-of-touch-with-reality daydreamers?
    you should ask leonard abess.

We are the music makers,
    And we are the dreamers of dreams,
    Wandering by lone sea-breakers,
    And sitting by desolate streams; —
    World-losers and world-forsakers,
    On whom the pale moon gleams:
    Yet we are the movers and shakers
    Of the world for ever, it seems.

#46 4 years ago
    Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Will any of us survive past 2020?

Whoa, that's so deep, man

#47 4 years ago

Why not? I have 3 jjp games and plan on keeping them all, they are awesome.

Looking at Wonka I wish jjp great success.

#48 4 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

Hmmm, this doesn't look like you hope JJP will survive. Lol

20190628_124101 (resized).jpg20190628_124101 (resized).jpg

#49 4 years ago
    Quoted from Hammerhead:

Hobbit is just outside the top 30, still pretty damn good

still a great pin, I like it because I suck and it allows me to have some nice long games.

#50 4 years ago
    Quoted from woody76:

I'm not sure anything is going to have huge sales numbers at a $9500 price point. DI was a big miss for me, just childish looking and strange. It shoots good and has lots of stuff and is a solid game. The theme really did hurt sales though.

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

There is are pretty large % of people turned off by the theme. If that doesn't make it a miss theme wise I'm not sure what does. I guess being the Congo of this decade isn't a horrible thing. It just could have been something a lot more.

There are 471 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/will-jjp-survive-past-2020 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.