• Yes, more SEs and LEs 60 votes
    17%
  • Yes, some other version 88 votes
    25%
  • No, they are done. 152 votes
    43%

(356 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 17 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image (resized).jpeg
1 (resized).jpg
washers (resized).jpg
19235 (resized).jpeg
19016 (resized).jpeg
overall (resized).jpg
behindtarget (resized).jpg
balllaunch (resized).jpg
frontoftrunk (resized).jpg
ballexit (resized).jpg
backoftrunk (resized).jpg
IMG_0098 (resized).JPG
goat-2737355_1920 (resized).jpg
jy64 (resized).png
IMG_20190601_163524_01 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190601_163249_01 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zaphx.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#63 3 months ago
Quoted from Pinballer67:

3. demand for this title was quite poor all things considered until JJP announced they were pulling it from the line

I really don't believe killing the line spiked demand. I think demand increased naturally, over time, as more people got a chance to play the game and see how great it is. I expect that to continue, and no I'm not selling mine ever.

#69 3 months ago

Nobody outside of JJP really knows if they will be remade. Heck, most people IN probably don't know either.

If it's a game you like, I say buy one of the LEs that are on pinside - they are going for what I consider to be good prices for a highly demanded title.

Waiting for a second run could be like waiting for Tron Vault.

#117 3 months ago

If you like POTC, buy one of the ones for sale on Pinside now. Bird in the hand. The prices are not overly inflated in my view.

#148 3 months ago
Quoted from JY64:

The point is Pinside list JJP DI as in production then it lists POTC LE as 650 produced the IPDB list all JJP games ever made except for POTC LE and Standard edition last Pinball news had news for DI and many more games but nothing for POTC 20 games listed nothing on POTC people are hiding how poor the game did

Is anyone else able to parse this?

#164 3 months ago

JJPOTC had a slow burn. Many people were in a wait-and-see mode after discgate (myself included) making initial demand tepid.

It's a game that gets its hooks into you once you play it a while and understand the goals. It definitely did this for me.
I've yet to find a pinball fan who hasn't come away wanting one, once they play it in the right setting.

The sad thing is, the game was just hitting its stride when it was killed. One of the best designs we've seen in years and a lifespan cut short!

#169 3 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

It's happening. Eric's designing it, and great things are expected.

I could not be more excited about another Eric Munier pin! The GNR theme does absolutely nothing for me though. Hopefully it will be another big winner like pirates where the theme is almost irrelevant.

#179 3 months ago
Quoted from delt31:

Again all my opinion but I think Eric got his ass handed to him by Jack.

For what? Making the #5 game in pinball (and rising?) Highly doubt this. By all measures Eric knocked it out of the park.

#182 3 months ago
Quoted from delt31:

It's called Jack is not making the money he's expecting so the over the top stuff needs to be toned down.

Yeah but wouldn't the BOM be sorted out well before production begins? I'm really not buying this.

#208 3 months ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Ok I can’t stand it anymore. I will trade my entire collection for CE or LE. Hit me up.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/80264

#220 3 months ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

You couldn’t pry mine away for 11k. In the old days picking up a routed 2k pin and selling it for 3.5k was the norm. This game to me is just flat out incredible, will be even better with code and mods, and is limited. It might be the last packed pin ever - who knows. And then what would I buy if I did flip out for a few hundred profit - 2 pins that don’t compare? No thanks.

Exactly my thinking. 1-2k profit? Not even remotely interested in selling.

1 month later
#422 82 days ago
Quoted from Halfwasted:

They should take the spinning disk out all together, maybe even the rocking playfield. That would cut costs and complexity out.

Nerfing the game would be a bad idea. I haven't heard of any problems with the spinner or the rocking playfield (aside from a one-time initial adjustment to the rocking arm for some.)

#433 80 days ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

Nope, I am the biggest. I plan for this game to be my coffin when I die.

And selfishly reducing the POTC supply to 999????

3 weeks later
#437 56 days ago
Quoted from Vpv1rgin:

Any more updates? 25 days and no word? Any more interviews or conversations with Jack or JJP or inside information?

Last word I heard was “RRRRRR!” (impying yes) but not this year.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
$ 74.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 87.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 43.00
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 2.50
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zaphx.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside