• Yes, more SEs and LEs 60 votes
    17%
  • Yes, some other version 88 votes
    25%
  • No, they are done. 152 votes
    43%

(356 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 17 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image (resized).jpeg
1 (resized).jpg
washers (resized).jpg
19235 (resized).jpeg
19016 (resized).jpeg
overall (resized).jpg
behindtarget (resized).jpg
balllaunch (resized).jpg
frontoftrunk (resized).jpg
ballexit (resized).jpg
backoftrunk (resized).jpg
IMG_0098 (resized).JPG
goat-2737355_1920 (resized).jpg
jy64 (resized).png
IMG_20190601_163524_01 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190601_163249_01 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yelobird.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#256 4 months ago
Quoted from Trooper11040:

I wish one of the mod companies would make a Devil’s Triangle style mod for us SE owners. So far I’ve added the shaker motor, kraken and the dauntless mods. Going to keep making this game unique to me since I couldn’t find an LE

Have you tried reaching out to Matt at Backalley? He's the one that Made them for JJP. If anyone has them it would be him!

#308 4 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

Clearcoat job was fine (nice, actually). They just didn't let it cure long enough. It was still too soft on the layers underneath when they started bolting stuff to it.

Hate fueling speculation on something I know little about but I Wonder if the late in the game decision to opt for New playfields (no triple disk) propagated some of this issue and limited cure time? Seems like they have the playfields 6 months prior to line assembly (which they did) but this one I suspect threw them a curve.

3 weeks later
#404 3 months ago

Nov, and December build and not an issue granted I haven't made it my lifes mission to hunt for issues lol. We play the heck out of it and love it more each time. Only wish I played better...

#418 3 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Just checked out the "this week in pinball" with the interview with Jack from earlier in the month. Jack's comments were approximately: "well... we'd have to talk amongst ourselves to decide whether we make POTC again. There's a lot of stuff in that game.. I know there's a lot of demand, but we want to keep producing more games..."
wOw. First time I'd read /heard something that implies they really had a huge challenge with this game. Looking forward to owning it for years to come...

Couldn't agree more. Yes with the complexity of this game it will need more adjusting then a traditional game but to me it is More then worth it. Sadly I suspect Pirates has hit the end of the line and (just an opinion) with the viral press they are taking on I suspect they will just let this ship sail vs taking more blows to the bow. Hope I'm wrong though as I suspect it will be a Long time till we see another game of this caliber and the probability of this design dream team happening again is slim.

#420 3 months ago
Quoted from Halfwasted:

They should take the spinning disk out all together, maybe even the rocking playfield. That would cut costs and complexity out.

Yeah that idea worked Great for the monkey in WOZ! This title is all of its parts, the parts they already removed almost sunk it.

#423 3 months ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Overstated like so many do but I respect you Yelo so I'm not arguing. POTC got a similar groundswell of love that DI got after it was out and people had a chance to actually play it rather than just watching streams. Then when Jack took the unusual step of announcing that once the orders in place were filled there would be no more production, there was more rush. People love the game and it gets simultaneously hammered from several directions. Maybe it's just the way things are going to be going forward I honestly don't know. Wonka is selling amazingly well right now - how long will that continue? I don't know that either. Hopefully for several weeks or months. I know that Eric is working hard on his next game so for now there are lots of things going on.

Hold up I suspect my comment was assumed out of context. You won’t Find a bigger fan or follower of POTC or Eric on this forum! I was simply saying suggestions to strip this beautiful game down to push JJP to make it again would not be received by the masses with love. They couldn’t get past a monkey so change is the last thing people want. Lol. This game is complete pinball Perfection top to bottom!

#425 3 months ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

No I know very well. I read over what I wrote and I think I should just stop writing posts altogether maybe. Love your stuff.

And we Love what you and your team do!!! Don't let the few haters sway your inspiration and direction!!!!!!

#428 3 months ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

How about a better debate geared towards someone like YELOWBIRD... will more mods be made?
I want to see a shark and something with captain jack, more props to put onto the ships, maybe some skeleton pirates, c'mon you can do it!

Lol you Always make us smile! We are SOOO going to visit your awesome escape room soon count on it! As for Pirates I Do hope your right as this game Needs to be shared not collected. To awesome in my opinion. Comparing an Open ended WOZ license to a Disney contract is not exactly the same though... Especially with the scale of this game and its parts. Business is profit and sometimes things just don't equal out sadly. As for new things, Heck yeah you know we never stop just had a slight delay while we expanded the factory. Released the Devils Triangle just today in fact. Still on the fence with the shark though....lol

www.TheModCouplePinball.com

1 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Redmond, WA
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 239.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper
$ 87.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Manchester Township, NJ

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yelobird.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside