9C3D70C2-74F8-4976-BF46-4CCB358F95ED (resized).jpeg
db8ae21c1fb11be199b651a559856849ce2cc1d0.png (resized).jpg
b0542f34c415d82d332f106cef32569bfebe1dd5 (resized).jpg
inconceivable (resized).jpg
post (resized).JPG
F36C7D82-6837-4E05-9DCE-9E45B466E428 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20200724-150800_Chrome (resized).jpg
47A75E61-189F-429D-A120-EF8279C6AE51 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider statsdoc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#61 4 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

The demand is there and if JJP has a game already designed and licensed but can't turn a profit at $9500 they're done.

My guess is that this is exactly why they are not going to make any more. It is too complex and expensive to produce and support at that price point. Their market analysis shows that raising the price to the needed profit level won't garner enough sales to justify restarting production. I think it is a simple return on investment decision. POTC is not earning what their investment in other pins can earn. Even though what is already invested is sunk cost at this point, the return on additional investment in parts, production lines, and support isn't warranted based on other options for their investment.

Pretty simple decision on the face of it ... but disappointing to a lot of people.

#99 4 years ago

I would love to see more produced. It provides me no benefit to limit production and I rarely sell pins, so I am not focused on increased price. But, what I see in the posts is ...

Unknown person posts definitive "no". Person is known and respected by Lloyd, lending significant credibility. Lloyd has an impeccable reputation with this community. I can't see him damaging it for a marketing ploy (although it's possible he could be completely out of the loop). Unknown person has been on Pinside for two years, but is not located near JJP facilities. Sounds like an investor to me. Didn't they join JJP about 2 years ago? Major investor opinions would likely trump all other ideas on whether POTC is manufactured again.

Just a hunch.

#111 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

That's Steve, a tech from JJP. He's a solid source. Great tech and very knowledgeable also!

Glad to hear that! Then there's a chance.

#115 4 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Uh, Steve is apparently the person who's one word answer was "no" as in no further JJP Pirates production.

Yes, and I respect Steve a great deal ... but he would know less than an investor or upper management on production plans (i.e. There is a chance, however small.)

#120 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

... too much coming along to get to and too much in the queue to go back to POTC again.

There is a sliver of pure gold in this response. Thank you Steve for your frankness. This is news to get excited about!!!

#156 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Is anyone else able to parse this?

Let me take a shot by adding some spelling, punctuation, and capitalization (not that I agree with the comment, but at least I understand what he was saying) ...

The point is Pinside lists JJP DI as in production, then it lists POTC LE as 650 produced. The IPDB lists all JJP games ever made except for POTC LE and Standard edition. The last Pinball News had news for DI and many more games but nothing for POTC. 20 games listed yet nothing on POTC. People are hiding how poor the game did.

#193 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

How much is missing from the standard edition? I know spinning figure in pop bumper, invisible glass star field, topper and color GI.
Is it even worth considering the standard edition?

Absolutely! I have one and love it. I added the shaker and Invisiglass. Gameplay is basically the same. Most fun pin I have ever played, but don’t listen to me, I am just price pumping.

This will be the last pin that leaves my small collection. There is so much to do and the code is deep and fun. Much more of a pirates theme than movie theme, which is a strength in my eyes.

#196 4 years ago
Quoted from T7:

Definitely - it's 95% the same great game.
I think the only differences under the glass are:
- White GI vs color changing
- No spinning Bob
- No Rock Formation decoration

I’d go a bit farther and say 98%. At my age, I prefer the white GI, and the star map, while cool, is probably too hard to watch while playing. The rest can be modded. Invisiglass is a must in my opinion, and the shaker, while not as prominently used as other pins, is nice. Expect some out of the box tweaks, but you would be better at that than me, rai.

#205 4 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

95 to 98% of the same game for 89% of the price (assuming price comparison original NIB prices not the recent market prices for the LE). Put in a shaker and the percentage of the LE game is higher. A player has to decide if they want the rest of the "mods" for granted a discounted price (say 200 to 400 dollars)

I would have purchased an LE, but they were gone. SE gets me most of the "bang", but I would switch to an LE if I could find one in comparable shape at a reasonable upcharge. Right now, I am extremely content with a late build SE.

#207 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Ok I can’t stand it anymore. I will trade my entire collection for CE or LE. Hit me up.

I get it, but you are in a JJP POTC thread. What did you expect? People aren't coming here to talk about what a terrible pin it is and that JJP should stop because it is a piece of crap. Pinsiders are here because they are contemplating getting one and want to know if some will be available ... and most of us hope they do, but have our doubts.

P.S. Skyemont, you might need to clarify. I read your comment as sarcasm.

#211 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I have been wanting one for a while. Had a chance to buy a LE from a friend but did not. Shooting myself.

I am sorry to hear that. I wish you the best on your hunt ... I would personally buy you an LE to trade for your collection. Nice!

#243 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

People keep saying how important invisiglass is. Have 4 other games. Don’t notice the difference. Would not add to an SE. Just my 2 cents. Get shaker and find a mod maker to get you some rocks. Get a star panel from harryhoudini, no interaction but looks pretty. Put a spinner in your pops. Talk to yelobird, mezel mods and tilt. Your SE will look fully lit bro!

I think a lot depends on your overhead light positioning. Some us don’t have good enough vision for lights-out play and we have to cope with lights nearby.

I love the clarity from Invisiglass. It looks like nothing is there regardless of lighting.

#261 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

just curious - what was the topper cost? I would get the CE topper for sure if it was permitted (which it sounds like it's not).

I have to admit to being keenly interested in the hologram type topper shown in another thread. Talk about show-stopping!

#324 4 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

Buy one that has stood the test of time if none can so be it move on there is always another game out there

Say what?

3 weeks later
#405 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Used but spotless, and heavy as hell!!

I had to break mine down into three pieces to get it up the stairs because of our landing. Head, cabinet, and playfield. All the connections were in the head, and I was able to put it back together without issues ... but I took lots of pics.

#408 4 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

I was lucky enough to get myself an le. I LOVE this game. BUT, I don’t know about everyone else but it took a lot of tweaking to get it playing solid. Mine does have playfield issues and i did order th replacement at a cost of 550+shipping, which is a total joke - what’s the point of a warranty? Anyway, not to get off topic,
Realistically, i think if the demand is there and jjp feels they can make $, they will remake it at some point, and unless something changes will still have pf issues....but it may be a different art package as JD is no longer part of the franchise.

My opinion is that the tweaking may be why they don’t produce it again. I have slight playfield issues, and had to replace the launch wireform and the button on the lockdown bar. The autolaunch was a major headache and the screws attaching it to the playfield were “stripped”. Also, don’t forget the damage that the t-nut in the map hole was doing to the balls, which would eventually chew up the playfield unless the problem is rectified. Lots of tweaking past that ... but I would buy it again in a heartbeat. That said, the enormity of dialing in this machine is not for a non-pinhead. I think selling this machine to the masses would be a support nightmare. The team at JJP (Steve and Shannan) have been great, but I am sure it is easier to deal with someone that somewhat knows what they are doing. So, how many more machines can they sell to pinheads? I guess that is the question. Mine is not leaving.

#410 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I have a game from the last run and haven’t had to do much at all and don’t have playfield issues. All I’ve really had to do is tighten upper flipper mech, secure a ramp opto and adjust the spotlight under the shooter lane. I haven’t touched the bp. I think that’s really all I’ve done to it.

I have a late run SE with silicon washers under the sling posts, but it didn’t stop the problem. It appears that all of the issues were still not rectified at the end, but I am happy that you got one that was relatively trouble free. That said, you would certainly be more capable of fixing problems than either me or the general population.

#413 4 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

Wow, that is a bummer. Just luck of the draw I guess. My SE was a relatively early one. I put mylar and the JJP washers under the posts and they had no damage after a couple hundred plays. Sorry for you issues. Best wishes.

Thank you, but all is good. The playfield problems are under the star posts from the JJP kit and everything else has been addressed. I am still thrilled to own it ... just not sure that many people in the public would feel the same given the situation.

2 months later
#459 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

It wouldnt. Even the prototype - which looked cool - would have been impossible to read during gameplay, and it didn’t really spin the ball much (any?) differently than the single larger disc.
Putting the map disc on the LCD screen was one case in which this was the right call. It’s always a bummer when a mech gets “virtualized” but in this case the game is better for it.

Agree 100%.

Forgive my naïveté if this approach was used in a past pinball machine, but what I love is the reversing of directions and speed changes on the disc. The disc is perfect the way it was done in the final version.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 38.00
$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider statsdoc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/will-jjp-make-more-potc?tu=statsdoc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.