9C3D70C2-74F8-4976-BF46-4CCB358F95ED (resized).jpeg
db8ae21c1fb11be199b651a559856849ce2cc1d0.png (resized).jpg
b0542f34c415d82d332f106cef32569bfebe1dd5 (resized).jpg
inconceivable (resized).jpg
post (resized).JPG
F36C7D82-6837-4E05-9DCE-9E45B466E428 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20200724-150800_Chrome (resized).jpg
47A75E61-189F-429D-A120-EF8279C6AE51 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rc_like_the_cola.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#463 4 years ago

I'm hoping for it to be back on the line. I'd go for a new one, now that the clearcoat issues seem to be resolved, but I wouldn't want to gamble on an overpriced used one.

#467 4 years ago

Clearcoat comment comes from the more recent builds of Wonka. Owners reporting build dates of October and later having no pooling or chipping issues. That's just what I've read. I also hope that since they are going through the process of having new POTC playfields printed, that this means they will run more eventually. It's a hope, not a rumor.

4 months later
#1066 3 years ago

I don't keep up with alot of JJP news, but is Toy Story gonna be a Lawlor game? With their new price structure of 7500/9500 on SE/LE, I could see myself grabbing one of those. Almost 20 years collecting games and never owned a Lawlor.

1 month later
#1123 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I don’t buy all of the rumored demand for more.
It’s simply the old adage that people want what they can’t get whether it be POTC or a GB topper or anything limited for that matter.
This all changes of course when the next best thing comes out whether it be GNR,Led Zep, Toy Story etc...
It will be forgotten then

Bring on Toy Story. There's a jackpot in my boot!!

#1128 3 years ago

I really enjoy JJP Pirates, but the more I think about it, the more it bugs me that the only voice you hear in the game is Gibbs. At least Stern Pirates got the Johnny Depp sound alike and several other piratey sounding guys. It's a particularly finicky license with them. I really hope Toy Story has more asset freedom and we get some good custom voice work along with actual movie audio.

#1130 3 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

Well, I would assume that custom voice work from either Tom Hanks or Tim Allen would be very pricey. Maybe they could get John Ratzenberger or one of the other actors to do it for less, but Disney would also be quite protective of whatever "their" characters say.
However, I would think that even if they can only use actual clips from the movies, that would still provide quite a lot of material to use.

I think John or Wallace Shawn are good possibilities. Also, Tom's brother, Jim Hanks does all the Woody voice work outside of the theatrical films, so he could be a possibility. He does the direct to video things like Toy Story of Terror and any of the video games, etc.

1 month later
#1157 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

That would be cool if that signaled a rerun of Pirates, but I’m not sure Pirates qualifies as a new title. So this is more likely just confirmation that a new title will come out this year.
Still, if it was Pirates, I may actually be in a position to buy.

If I'm reading that right, Keith is agreeing that no new title will hit customer's hands by the end of the year. Doing so with the Barbosa gif may indicate an existing title, Pirates, could be coming. Always good to have more copies of a game available. I hate the inflation crap on these games.

#1174 3 years ago

Seems to be a divisive comment, lol. Some of us think he was agreeing with Smalltownguy and some think he was taking the bet. No biggie to me.

#1177 3 years ago
Quoted from Charlemagne1987:

Check the New JJP Teaser Video thread. Keith just posted a lengthy explanation of why JJP stopped making POTC when they did and the problems with making more of them. I read it as a pretty clear indication that they WILL NOT be making any more of them. Maybe someone else will read it differently.

I read his statements as a clear indication of why they stopped the run and moved to Wonka, earlier than originally planned. It is not a clear indication that they will never run more.

1 week later
#1188 3 years ago
Quoted from cheshirefilms:

I expect people to want to play the game for one's self first, rather than buy on spec and announcement like people often do for Stern. If you're worried on depreciation maybe pinball isn't the right investment. I bought it not expecting any of those features to come back, and I played it with those features at TPF, so I knew what was lost as a player and it wasn't the world. Anyways, there was time for the mad folks to play it before it went away. Lots just didn't. That's all I can say.

That's not entirely accurate regarding time to play. I got to play 2 pre production models at shows and enjoyed the game, but the 3 disc system was problematic and I understand why it was pulled. The first location POTC didn't show up in my area until months after production was stopped, so I'd bet only major areas where operators had deep pockets got to see the game on location, in time to order one.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 19.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 20.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rc_like_the_cola.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/will-jjp-make-more-potc?tu=rc_like_the_cola and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.