9C3D70C2-74F8-4976-BF46-4CCB358F95ED (resized).jpeg
db8ae21c1fb11be199b651a559856849ce2cc1d0.png (resized).jpg
b0542f34c415d82d332f106cef32569bfebe1dd5 (resized).jpg
inconceivable (resized).jpg
post (resized).JPG
F36C7D82-6837-4E05-9DCE-9E45B466E428 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20200724-150800_Chrome (resized).jpg
47A75E61-189F-429D-A120-EF8279C6AE51 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballstar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#666 3 years ago

Maybe I can put this to rest and save people a lot of aggravation... There is zero info on another POTC run provided from JJP to distributors.

I suspect the comments made wherever they were made were done in conversation such as if distributors ask for them that'll maybe put pressure on JJP to make more. Rest assured all distributors have been doing that for a few years on our own and as well for WOZ75. They know people want games we don't have.

Instructing customers to contact their distributor does nothing but get people's hopes up and why I'm answering emails and disappointing people all day by telling them 'no'. If there's an announcement to make the company will officially make one. Until then there is no reason to contact your distributor as we know nothing and there is no reason for us to take an interested list and give people false hopes, not what we want.

Glad everyone loves the game and wants them - trust me we'd love to sell a boatload of them ! : )

Joe

#670 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinphila:

Great info Joe. Hopefully the move to Chicago allow them the ability to run 2 lines and produce more games people want.

I would suspect yes, that is certainly in the cards and plans of course... So would the outlook for stuff like re-runs increase due to the move - absolutely. So that's good.. but today... there is zero info on any rerun on anything and as much as we love you guys, there no reason for anyone to contact anyone. I've had people contact me today about saving money, putting money aside, not getting an elective surgery because POTC may be made (ok I'm making that last one up, lol)... and I don't like seeing that happening based on what I can only consider being casual off hand comments...

#676 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Joe, The suggestion of "Contact your distributor" was Suggested by Eric M (JJP) and Keith (JJP) in their video submissions this past week. Nobody wants to bother you we are simply listening to the people that work at the company that makes the games.

Understood, not a bother, just saying there’s nothing we are able to do if people take that action other than say no. I don’t like seeing people spinning their wheels contacting us, there’s nothing we can do for them with regard to POTC at this time.

#678 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Understood, not a bother, just saying there’s nothing we are able to do if people take that action other than say no. I don’t like seeing people spinning their wheels contacting us, there’s nothing we can do for them with regard to POTC at this time.

#746 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

so call a different distributor...
Sorry Joe, but if you are not compiling a list you should be as others are.

You do know distributors like collecting names and emails right ? Just trying to be transparent and honest for everyone. Why would I take names for something I know nothing about ? All that does is create frustration and I think it's ingenious for me to do that when there is nothing on the table. Yes - if people want to get on our mailing list they can do that and yes if something is announced then those folks will get notified at that time. All I did yesterday was tell people no and disappoint them. There are no instructions from anyone at JJP of anything forthcoming with POTC so why would I jerk my customers around taking their name ? Should I take a list for the Matrix, Jaws, Back to the Future and every other title people want that doesn't exist ? It's not a thing until they announce it's a thing. I'm not going to partake in fake hype.

That said I hope they do a re-run and maybe Keith and Eric know something we don't, of course that's possible.

#761 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I dont think of it as jerking anyone around...
"I know no details, but I would be happy to put your name and email on the list and will be telling JJP how many verbal commitments I have" seems easy and smart to do.
Not letting anyone down, clear communication, and keeps your irons hot.
Distributors are the public link to manufacturers. Seems logical if you are getting tons of calls to do something with that info and be prepared to take sales if/when they announce. Esp given what was said on stream. Nobody but those at JJP know for real, but sure seems this is them fishing to get a better idea of real world demand. If I was in pinball sales, I would be doing all I can right now to keep contact with my customers and also influence manufacturers if/when I see real demand for a product.

Hilton - No I get it all - My initial post said JJP is well aware - trust me we've been telling them weekly / monthly we could sell 100's of POTCs and WOZ75th, etc... Your point is well taken... From where I sit I know this horse has been beat to the company is all which you guys don't see - there is no need to tell them, they know. Not arguing with you just trying to state we've been doing just that. Maybe 'fishing' is a good term - but I think they know people want POTC - like I said maybe it was an innocent slip / excitement foretelling of things to come ? Who knows...

Be well bro !

#776 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Holy shit......the amount of patience you have to have as a distributor to not want to rip the head off of misguided pinsiders is absolutely remarkable.
Joe that is impressive.

Naw Brian… I get the excitement and trust me we LOVE that... just trying to be grounded is all. Maybe something IS afoot - just saying I don't know that and no reason to starting pumping it up collecting names as a distributor then we're part of the problem with false hype. If something is announced people know where to go to buy and I'll collect all your names and fingerprints then. LOL. Part of the reason I don't like seeing this is I had people emailing me saying 'I'm going to start putting money aside, I'm going to sell this or that so I'm ready, etc...' Not cool to lead people to do that sort of stuff, especially now with everything going on. Keep the faith folks - I have hopes re-runs could certainly be part of the plan for the larger Chicago factory when that's up and running.

#777 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Joe and I are friends. I think you are the misguided one.

Actually I was in on original buy but passed and glad I did. After the pf issues on that era of JJP, I was happy to have dodged that bullet.
I completely understand market and it is clearly at 12-12.5 currently on the loaded examples. Pumping is guys like you claiming 15k for POTC or 20k for TBL (those are clearly at 14-15k NIB right now with more being built every day).
Granted you a pretty much a LE only guy that gets NIb games so your pinball perspective is pretty limited and squarely in the 2010 fwd category. I mean... can we really trust the opinion of someone that does not even own a bally?

Yes - I love Hilton... He does MUCH good for his pinball community in WI... We just bantering, it's all good fun, that's all... : )~

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 38.00
$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballstar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/will-jjp-make-more-potc?tu=pinballstar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.