9C3D70C2-74F8-4976-BF46-4CCB358F95ED (resized).jpeg
db8ae21c1fb11be199b651a559856849ce2cc1d0.png (resized).jpg
b0542f34c415d82d332f106cef32569bfebe1dd5 (resized).jpg
inconceivable (resized).jpg
post (resized).JPG
F36C7D82-6837-4E05-9DCE-9E45B466E428 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20200724-150800_Chrome (resized).jpg
47A75E61-189F-429D-A120-EF8279C6AE51 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider palmer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#83 4 years ago
Quoted from jkleinnd:

- Demand is high? Best pin ever, you'll never get rid of. Yet a few too many hitting the 2nd hand market.
This thread is revealing nothing.

There are 6 on the pinside market.

0 SEs
5 LEs, all but one priced well over retail
1 CE priced well over retail

I hardly consider that too many and most of these sales are people looking to make some extra cash.

#84 4 years ago

I voted some other version. I think the LE makes a return 12-18 months from now with cost cutting changes, maybe different armor and priced at 9,999. They'll call it the Black Pearl edition.

#97 4 years ago
Quoted from Extraballz:

I would say these are not for sale to make a profit but more because POTC has had so many quality issues already some that own it are afraid it will literally disintegrate like an old pair of underwear down the road. At least now people can still get their money back.

Wow you got all of that from reading a few for sale ads?

#159 4 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

It's not just Pirates. He trolls every JJP thread.[quoted image]

That is funny. I kept seeing ignored user in this thread, figured it was him.

#199 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

A pinsider is figuring out a mod for spinning Jack Sparrow pop bumper (or Davy Jones, which is pretty awesome), and there looks like a way to convert the GI to RGB-same pinsider is on that

Is there a thread about these mods in progress?

9 months later
#551 4 years ago

I hope they make more just so there are more parts in stock. I worry that parts will reach unobtanium status.

3 weeks later
#615 3 years ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

If they have the parts on hand

That's a big if.

#619 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

sounds like that may be now happening?

Where? All we have heard is the same canned response from JJP which is talk to your distributor. Sounds like a Pharma commercial:

"Talk to your distributor to see if Pirates of the Caribbean might be right for you"

#631 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I love how (besides Bud) there are a bunch of current owners trying to negative nancy this, lol.

Just because someone disagrees with you? There really aren't a lot of owners being negative...just objective. Based on what little info that is out there, it doesn't look like they are really pushing to make POTC again. I hope that they do. I really want them to make more games so we can get more available parts!

#632 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Sounds more promising that it has in the past and you may want to be on that list (in case they do a set/limited additional run)(assuming price is in line with normal pricing)

There is no official list...only contact your distributor. Why do you continue to twist and embellish what little info that is out there?

#639 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I specifically reached out to distributors and they made it clear that they are assembling a list.
Not sure what embellishment you think that is.
Objectively, it is pretty obvious that JJP is looking to assemble actual "interested" list to gauge a path fwd on a new run.
Get enough names that you trust (from ask distributors "hey, how many of these are real") and it will happen.[quoted image]

So you are saying that JJP announced they are forming a list of interested in buyers in order to set up another run of POTC? You are saying that is indeed a fact? Also, what's up with posting a screenshot of my collection? I already said I own POTC and I want them to make more. You are getting really creepy Whysnow.

#656 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

People need to just click on the collections of those defenders that "the game will never get made", "it will be 12.5 k if it does", etc...

Why don't you just screenshot all of them and post them for everyone to see weirdo?

#663 3 years ago

From my distributor:

Nothing on POTC - there are none planned as I understand. If so I'll be sure to notify you.

Whysnow should I ask my distributor if he owns one? You know, just in case he has an ulterior motive?

#673 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Joe, The suggestion of "Contact your distributor" was Suggested by Eric M (JJP) and Keith (JJP) in their video submissions this past week. Nobody wants to bother you we are simply listening to the people that work at the company that makes the games.

Which has been said before by Jack many many times. It is his go to response when someone asks about a re-run. Then you get people like Whysnow that wanna be pinball insiders and start spinning information. That snowballs into a bunch of people wasting their time just so Whysnow can play pinball insider.

Quoted from Whysnow:

Yeah, I think anyone interested should reach out and tell their distro.
Pretty evident that JJP is ready to make this happen if there is enough interest to warrant it.

Quoted from Whysnow:

sounds like that may be now happening?

Quoted from Whysnow:

Anyone interested should call your distributor and asked to be put on the list. Sounds more promising that it has in the past and you may want to be on that list (in case they do a set/limited additional run)

Quoted from Whysnow:

I specifically reached out to distributors and they made it clear that they are assembling a list.
Not sure what embellishment you think that is. Objectively, it is pretty obvious that JJP is looking to assemble actual "interested" list to gauge a path fwd on a new run. Get enough names that you trust (from ask distributors "hey, how many of these are real") and it will happen.[quoted image]

#677 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Do we need to see your collection again? lol

I admit...that made me lol.

Quoted from RJW:

Why do people get so upset when people look at their collection?

I have no problem with people seeing my collection. If I did I would make it private. Screenshotting it and posting it in a thread to say "Look see...this person owns xyz...so they have no credibility"...is tacky and a bit creepy. But that's just me I guess.

#681 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Do we need to see your collection again? lol

The truth is out...I don't want anyone else to own any model of POTC...including the shitty Stern game. They need to be all mine!

Screen Shot 2020-05-06 at 5.25.03 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-05-06 at 5.25.03 PM (resized).png
#722 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Instructing customers to contact their distributor does nothing but get people's hopes up and why I'm answering emails and disappointing people all day by telling them 'no'. If there's an announcement to make the company will officially make one. Until then there is no reason to contact your distributor as we know nothing and there is no reason for us to take an interested list and give people false hopes, not what we want.

#724 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

so call a different distributor...
Sorry Joe, but if you are not compiling a list you should be as others are.

Whatever fits your narrative

#728 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Trust me... we all get it... you have a POTC and want the value to stay high. If you are really that concerned about losing out, then sell now before they announce a rerun. Hell, you could even rebuy on the second run with the improved playfields.
Many others think the game is cool and will buy it if it becomes available (but wont but at the 12.5-15.5 many are asking currently)
If people can influence Stern to make all sorts of shitty titles, a 2nd run of JJP POTC is well within the realm, esp based on what we all heard on stream the other night.

I've said it before and I will say it again...I want them to rerun the game. More people should be able own one. Also selfishly because I want parts to stay in stock....because I want to keep my game for a very long time. My issue is your fake crusade. Is that simple enough for you to understand? What's next? Are you going to start trolling FS ads? Oh wait you already started.

#755 3 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Where's my Harry Potter Joe?
Please put me down for Harry Potter JJP wait list.
Better yet, Joe I have Jacks number on my phone, we can 3 way talk about the move to chicago during covid, loosing employees, delay getting playfields right. Then we can laugh about how long before we can even have a show again to display the New game.
More and more looking like expo is a dream in oct too.
Hey, no one more than Me wants JJP to succeed and build more games. But realistically gang, 2020 as we inch towards june is becoming a wash.

There's no room for logical thinking in this thread. Just sign up for the imaginary list and then Jack will snap his fingers and 500 POTC LEs at the original price of 9500 will magically appear.

#795 3 years ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

Seems like a couple LE’s just sold quickly within the last week for $12.5+ on here. No doubt that some current owners of POTC and every other game price pump, but you seem to be working really hard to pump down the price.

He’ll start pumping once he gets one. But until then he accuses everyone of pumping. That’s how whysnow rolls.

#810 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

And your guess would be wrong. I had two other guys as well. And that was less than 24hrs.
Demand for this game is real imo. HUO. No one wants routed.
My advice would be to stop guessing.

You need to understand whysnow only uses data that supports his own claims. Your sale doesn’t not fit into his warped reality. He has his sights set on owning POTC. So he’s going to dump on any current and future sales, casually mention things like defective playfields and aftermarket crap to devalue what’s currently out there.

#814 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

That said, I will just buy NIB on the next run at 9.5k. I see no reason to deal with the defective playfields when that has been fixed going fwd.

There is no next run at 9.5k.

#836 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Not currently, but you like everyone else can be sure it is coming at some point.
Just a matter of time and timing.

You can keep saying it over and over again but that doesn’t make it true.

#840 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Not really a rumor when people in the company and on stream make it so
Obvious.
If anything, what I see is a bunch of owners hoping they can will it to not happen.

Nope just going on facts Hilton. You can keep reaching if it makes you feel better.

#842 3 years ago

It’s not wishful thinking. It’s being completely delusional

#864 3 years ago
Quoted from Trooper11040:

The only differences from what I remember were the following:
Star Map
Spinning Pop Bumper Toys
Powder Coated Rails
Devils Triangle
Invisglass
Sound Control
Shaker Motor
I ended up adding a devils triangle...got it from a guy who had an LE who bought an extra, Shaker Motor, Sound Control Mod and the aftermarket star map...makes the game more personal...and I also love the stainless vs the powder coat!

RGB GI is the big one and the one you can’t mod back into the game. Also own a SE.

#901 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I personally really dislike color changing GI. Totally cool with white. Color changing inserts is more than enough.
Granted I focus on playing games and less on lighting and modding and other accessories.

I totally agree with you!

#902 3 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

What a shame to hobble such beautiful games.

I’d rather lose color changing GI than a cool mechanical feature of the game. All the inserts are rgb which I like purely for making it easier to understand shots. Although I believe the color GI changes based on the bonus you can select in the fly for completing the PIRATE lames. Maybe an LE owner can chime in in that one.

#925 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

I don’t get the argument that the royalties are too insignificant for Disney to extend the license if that is needed. Why license in the first place then?

Sometimes the value is in spreading their brand more than whatever money they make in licensing fees.

#957 3 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Here's a bedroom use only game! Let's see who really wants one..
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/96043

Whole family loves the game...low plays.

#976 3 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Yes! Just because the whole family loves the game doesn't mean we play all day. You guys crack me up with all the speculation and for your information, this baby is all but sold and still have 5 guys in line.

No speculation. I restated what you said in your for sale ad. I just find it funny how the two contradict each other. Glad you got your asking price. Now you can buy several more games that your family loves....to stare at.

Quoted from PtownPin:

Some people go crazy playing games (god bless them)....my LE has 161 plays so yes they sometime sit around for weeks prior to turning them on

161 plays?! How long have you owned it for? I love how you say people are crazy for playing a game they spent 10K for but the people that don't play them are not. That is a good one!

#979 3 years ago
Quoted from Silverballer:

I want to warn everyone that I am feeling old and cranky right now so bear with me. The way I read this thread is that there is a group of owners that do not want this game remade. Then there is a group that do want it made but at an acceptable price. Then there is me. Game looks fun but even the lowest price mentioned is still too damn high. Arrrghh

I think a large group of owners want the game remade. I feel like a small handful of people have poor reading comprehension (not directed at you). Just because owners say they don't think the game will be remade doesn't mean they don't want it to be remade. Those are two separate thoughts. My issue is when whysnow claim as fact that they will be remade, that it will be the same price as before, that JJP is positioning themselves to make more POTC and we just need to contact our distributors to get on a list. And when anyone that owns the game challenges him, he says we don't want it remade and we are just trying to protect the value of our overpriced games that we price pump.

Quoted from PtownPin:

I actually didn't mean it in a bad way (crazy in a good way)....some people put thousands of games on their pins in just a few months (I wish I had the time)....with all my kids running around its just not reality on my end. I've had mine for almost a year....my 4 year old MMRLE only has than 200 plays.....

No worries. I was just busting stones. I wish I had room for more pins so I can spread plays across them.

4 months later
#1206 3 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I agree. I think there is a good shot at more POTC's being made.

Why exactly do you think there is a good shot?

#1209 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

If JJP likes money they will make more Pirates.

Well I guess they will be making more GnR CEs then?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 39.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 20.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider palmer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/will-jjp-make-more-potc?tu=palmer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.