9C3D70C2-74F8-4976-BF46-4CCB358F95ED (resized).jpeg
db8ae21c1fb11be199b651a559856849ce2cc1d0.png (resized).jpg
b0542f34c415d82d332f106cef32569bfebe1dd5 (resized).jpg
inconceivable (resized).jpg
post (resized).JPG
F36C7D82-6837-4E05-9DCE-9E45B466E428 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20200724-150800_Chrome (resized).jpg
47A75E61-189F-429D-A120-EF8279C6AE51 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lukyduck.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#500 4 years ago

I would buy a remake of Pirates! I bought a new WOZ RR last year. Might buy one of the others if they remake them. I am in.

3 weeks later
#633 3 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

There is no official list...only contact your distributor.

I am interested in buying one. Add your name if you are interested.

1. LukyDuck

#671 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

I would suspect yes, that is certainly in the cards and plans of course... So would the outlook for stuff like re-runs increase due to the move - absolutely. So that's good.. but today... there is zero info on any rerun on anything and as much as we love you guys, there no reason for anyone to contact anyone. I've had people contact me today about saving money, putting money aside, not getting an elective surgery because POTC may be made (ok I'm making that last one up, lol)... and I don't like seeing that happening based on what I can only consider being casual off hand comments...

If you received a NIB POTC today, I would buy it. Bought a NIB WOZ 75th RR last fall and would pay the same for POTC. Just letting you know there are people out here that will buy one!

#684 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Wow, I thought I was a hypocrite owning (2) POTC. Your just a hoarder!! lol

A hoarder of one title! lol

#705 3 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

Thanks and saw that. Automated listed the NIB Ruby Red with a $1,000 mark up. I don’t pay mark ups. It would’ve been sold over a week ago if no mark up. I told them I’m a buyer at $9,500.

I believe you stated in the past that someone at JJP said there was $1K was a markup.

That is the new price from last year ($10.5k). It’s not a mark up from the distributors I talked too. All of the distributors that sold them last fall all sold them for the same price.

Every year the prices are going up. It just went up $1K instead of $400-500.

I don’t think you will ever see a NIB WOZ RR for less than $10.5K since that was JJP’s price for them. Not the distributors.

That’s my story and I am stricken to it! Good luck with your search. If you really want a NIB RR, I would buy one while they are available. Might not be any new ones for some time.

#762 3 years ago

They will make more after the move and when things settle down. Everything right now is on hold until production starts back up. Patience is the key.

#942 3 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

940 posts in this thread when it could've been answered with a...... Maybe.

Yeah, but...the answer is E-All of the Above!

4 weeks later
#1028 3 years ago

If they were not moving the factory, I would agree with you.

If I was running the factory and we had plans to remake a pin like POTC, I would have held off on the remake and ordering of parts until after the factory move. The factory move had to been in the works at least 12 months, if not longer. This gives you plenty of time for planning.

Why order lots of replacement parts that you are going to have to move from one location to another? You want to use up your parts before the move in order to limit losses due to damaged parts or things being misplaced (lost) during the move. It would also cost additional money to move a bunch of parts that your could have just waited to order after the move. Think limiting losses while moving a factory.

I would wait until after the move to have my suppliers build me new parts.

Since these companies like to keep vaults and remakes so secret. They most likely would not sell any new replacement parts until they have released the remake. If you start selling replacement parts that were out of stock, it might signal to buyers that a remake is coming. You also wouldn't be sending out parts to customers because you are moving them from one location to anther. Maybe they have replacement parts and chose to pack them up for the move and not sell them yet. In addition, if you had all of the parts on hand to fulfill replacement orders, customers would be clamoring even louder about them remaking the pin because they have all of the parts to build more. If you do not have parts on hand, the noise from customers will be lower.

It would also be easier to let your stock of replacement parts dwindle to nothing. Then when it comes time to place orders for the remake, you include your replacement parts quantities in with the remake quantities. One order for both sets of parts.

I could come up with lots of reasons to be out of replacement parts. But at this time, the factory move makes the most sense as to why they do not have them.

Now, 9-12 months after the move if there is still no replacement parts, then I would say no remake is coming in the near future.

They also are pretty good at scheduling their new pin releases. They also would not want to remake POTC at the same time they are going to release a new pin like GNR or Toy Story. The remake of POTC would be scheduled in between new releases. Then buyers do not have to pick and chose which pin to buy.

One final word, I know this is a long shot, what if JJP took some time to work out the issues they initially had with POTC and is planning on remaking it as it was originally intended to be made. With all of the original features. This would be a way of showing customers that you can build what you originally intended without admitting to failure. If they never remake it and never correct the issues they had, then they truly did fail.

And lastly, maybe there was licensing issues that prevented them from remaking it. I know nothing about licensing, so I will leave this up to the experts.

But until the move is complete, factory is up and running, new pins being released and customers receiving the new pins, one can only wait and see (hope).

#1031 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

These are good points, but I disagree that they would remake it as originally intended. If you mean the three disks, to release that after the fact would be a bit of a slap in the face to the original customers and generate more bad will than good. I can’t see them doing that.

I know it is a long shot. But if I was the guy responsible for that pin, I would want to make it as intended. I would hate the fact that it never became what I dreamed up. They could charge more for these features. Or put it in a CE.

#1038 3 years ago
Quoted from JoinTheCirqus:

Yeah, we heard ya the first time, but they’ll never do it. Can’t do that to all the original customers, talk about a major shitstorm. Original creation would have been awesome.

So, isn’t this similar to CGC’s MMr Royal Edition? Didn’t CGC upgrade hardware in the pin and then re-release it? I don’t se any shitstorm over it.

From CGC’s website-

“Medieval Madness Remake is available in three models specifically designed for each level of the pinball marketplace: the Classic Edition, the Special Edition, and the Royal Edition. ALL three models include numerous features that were never before available and are exclusive to Medieval Madness Remake.”

#1040 3 years ago
Quoted from JoinTheCirqus:

You still blabbing on about this? MM was made 23 years ago, Bally/Williams no longer make pinball machines dude.
Terrible comparison.

Ah, I am talking about CGC’s MMr. Not the original. Re-read what I posted and then go here if you want to read more.

https://www.chicago-gaming.com/coinop/medieval-madness

#1043 3 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

I believe he’s comparing mmr LE to the newer (and many more features) Royal Edition. There was a bit of distress about it, but cgc “did the right thing” making upgrade kits available for sale for original LE owners. The price of the LE plus the new kit was about the same as the Royal so it pacified existing owners (like me).
That being said, I bought the RE anyway because I didn’t want to hassle with the upgrades. I would probably do this if they released a potc with more features.

Yes!

#1046 3 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

I believe he’s comparing mmr LE to the newer (and many more features) Royal Edition.

Yes to paynemic’s post.

He understood my comparison. In fact he did exactly what I thought had happened. He confirmed that this exact possibility has been done before. So it could be done again. That is, a company re-making a pin with upgraded hardware and customers willing to buy it. So if it has been done in the past it could be done again. In fact, it wasn’t done in the past, it is actually occurring right now!

#1053 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

No news about more POTC being made in the new JJP podcast that has the owner on. Based on what Brett said Pirates is a "phase 2" game which he said JJP is still in and that they are going to phase 3. Not sure what that means but if they are in phase 2 it sounds like Pirates could still be remade. Also, the new factory is now complete according to Brett.
https://jjppodcast.libsyn.com/ep-1-jjp-owner-brett-abess?fbclid=IwAR3YlLVeAZvqgVM3VJSkmQgY_VlfnqdTXSMNX8GEGc887J3Ur5jkT5mR8

Thanks for posting the link! I will have to listen to it later.

1 month later
#1107 3 years ago

At this rate, a run of POTC is more likely than GNR. Ha ha ha it’s been almost two months since a teaser video for what? Innovation?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 38.00
$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lukyduck.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/will-jjp-make-more-potc?tu=lukyduck and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.