9C3D70C2-74F8-4976-BF46-4CCB358F95ED (resized).jpeg
db8ae21c1fb11be199b651a559856849ce2cc1d0.png (resized).jpg
b0542f34c415d82d332f106cef32569bfebe1dd5 (resized).jpg
inconceivable (resized).jpg
post (resized).JPG
F36C7D82-6837-4E05-9DCE-9E45B466E428 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20200724-150800_Chrome (resized).jpg
47A75E61-189F-429D-A120-EF8279C6AE51 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jointhecirqus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#535 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Pirates relaunch: director's cut edition featuring the triple disk, moving trunk mech, flawless playfields, and all licensed assets for $11.5k. Easily 1,000+ sales as well as the biggest uproar in Pinside history lol.

Yep, put the triple disc in there and viola! Huge shitstorm....

#547 4 years ago

Like many of us, I’d just like to hear JJP actually say if they anticipate running it again or not. Lack of parts in the future is a concern. It’s a brilliant game and I’m thrilled to own it.

4 weeks later
#951 3 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I can tell you how I will react..
$10,000 for an LE - I’m in!
$12,000 for an LE - I’m out!

How about $11,000?

4 weeks later
#1033 3 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

I know it is a long shot. But if I was the guy responsible for that pin, I would want to make it as intended. I would hate the fact that it never became what I dreamed up. They could charge more for these features. Or put it in a CE.

Yeah, we heard ya the first time, but they’ll never do it. Can’t do that to all the original customers, talk about a major shitstorm. Original creation would have been awesome.

#1037 3 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

They couldn’t do it as a CE but like Hobbit & WOZ RR & YBR editions.. JJP has shown if there are games to be sold they will build them and sell them.

Those were cosmetic changes only on the Hobbit and WoZ, except for losing the monkey. Any short term gain by putting in a feature left out of production to date would be minor compared to the negative backlash from existing owners, and owners thinking about the next purchase. They should just remake them as is if they can, that would be a major coup.

#1039 3 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

So, isn’t this similar to CGC’s MMr Royal Edition? Didn’t CGC upgrade hardware in the pin and then re-release it? I don’t se any shitstorm over it.
From CGC’s website-
“Medieval Madness Remake is available in three models specifically designed for each level of the pinball marketplace: the Classic Edition, the Special Edition, and the Royal Edition. ALL three models include numerous features that were never before available and are exclusive to Medieval Madness Remake.”

You still blabbing on about this? MM was made 23 years ago, Bally/Williams no longer make pinball machines dude.

Terrible comparison.

#1041 3 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

Ah, I am talking about CGC’s MMr. Not the original. Re-read what I posted and then go here if you want to read more.
https://www.chicago-gaming.com/coinop/medieval-madness

No, read what I wrote. You’re comparing a 1997 Original MM game to a CGC MMr remake more than 20 years later. Bally/Williams hasn’t been in business for 20 years. Good lord.

Terrible comparison.

#1045 3 years ago

Yes what?..

Weird discussion if even for hypothetical reasons.

If you’re living in fantasy land and think this has a real chance at happening, just name the $ amount and I’ll make that wager with you that it won’t.

#1049 3 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

Yes to paynemic’s post.
He understood my comparison. In fact he did exactly what I thought had happened. He confirmed that this exact possibility has been done before. So it could be done again. That is, a company re-making a pin with upgraded hardware and customers willing to buy it. So if it has been done in the past it could be done again. In fact, it wasn’t done in the past, it is actually occurring right now!

Time to put up or shut up, let’s put some money on it...

#1056 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

No "oops" or "sorry" or "my bad" about not understanding his example with the cgc mm example? Just hitting us up with more of being a spicy little weenie?

Aw, I thought at least you’d understand spicy. Why do I need to understand a completely unrelatable example? Could it happen? Well gosh golly, it sure could. And while we’re at it, JJP could send any of those enhancements to current owners for free, with a sincere apology as well for making us wait. If we’re just talking about a fantasy theory with JJP POTC, fine. But reality? Nope.

#1057 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

This has been my view. They are running this as a business and should be producing games that net them the largest margins so that they can fund future games, not satisfy a few hundred people at lower margins. If they run POTC again, they will need to raise the price substantially and/or find a way to reduce costs. I have my doubts it will ever be rerun. Is the license an issue? It could also be that once people see GnR and TS, they will forget all about POTC.
WOZ YBR basically had the same or lower build cost, yet they raised the price significantly. I'd expect the same for any rerun of POTC.

This. Totally makes sense. POTC prices would need to be jacked to make it a profitable venture.

3 months later
#1231 3 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

I still think an unlicensed pirate based retheme is the perfect solution here. Seems like a very simple swap.

Worst idea ever

#1236 3 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Disagree. You’re welcome to your bombastic opinion. Theme held back this amazing pin if anything imo. Easy to swap in the art and code. Names and some visuals. Find and replace.
Edit: video assets would be hard I admit.

Wow.

#1237 3 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Disagree. You’re welcome to your bombastic opinion. Theme held back this amazing pin if anything imo. Easy to swap in the art and code. Names and some visuals. Find and replace.
Edit: video assets would be hard I admit.

I’m sure Disney would be just fine with this idea as well. :/

#1244 3 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Good points. I wonder if Disney would pay enough attention to notice though.

LOL. As Woody said so eloquently, “we toys see everything....”

2 weeks later
#1275 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

First I’ve heard JJP has moved on from wide-bodies. JJP currently has two designers and one of them is rumored to have one final design left (toy story) and then will hang up the design pencils. Therefore, the remaining designer has a lot of sway. He!!, two of his games are doing well and sit in the top 10. That guy has designed one widebody game.
Now imagine ...
Jersey Jack says, “Eric, I want you to design the world’s first double decker pinball experience. Everybody assumes the future is virtual pinball and wearing lightweight visors. I will zig while the world zags and direct you to create the world’s first half-ton pinball machine. Just take one fucking pinball playfield and smash it together with another fucking pinball playfield.”
Eric replies, “you know I could make it a wide-body?”
Jersey Jack, “yes, that’s a fine start. But I’m going to need you to think big for the upper playfield. We’ve done single and double upper playfields. But what I need from you is to design something so big, that we’re going to need a bigger boat. Now can you do that for me son? Design a deeper cabinet or put it into an empty juke box.”
Eric answers, “you know I could make the upper playfield a complete single playfield. It could have full mechs and lighting and be a complete game. But when ball drops to lower widebody playfield which is the main playfield, you‘d have a whole other playfield experience. Something like this has never been done before, but I’ll make it work. In fact that thing would probably weigh close to half a ton. Do you have a license for me? You want me to make a tic-tac-toe or caveman theme?”
Jack, “No, I’ve got something else licensed for you. You are going to need a lot of assets for this title and I got you full movie rights, all actors, all sounds, all songs, no obstacles. Any problem you have you let me know. I’ll put our fixer on the trail and he will get 100% results. He used to play music and has the funniest name - Slash. But I’ll put Slash on it and we’ll get everything. Like eating a big, beautiful piece of cake.”
Eric, “That’s a lot of assets but the BOM for this design will be twice as much. It’s like buying a Bentley and installing a hitch to haul your Tesla around. You have to buy both to get the full experience, but wowza! And while have two complete games in the one game it will be no more complex to operate than a current pinball machine. So what’s my theme? Something good I hope.”
Jack, “You might say that. You see my good friend dialed me on the telly the other day saying she wanted a blockbuster pin developed based on her movies. j.k. said the license will be expensive but knows we will work it out. Especially since she had heard I might unleash Slash on her. The project is a go. Now go make me a Harry Potter you lucky son of a bitch.”
Cut the scene —-
Actors take 5 min.
Back to Pinside. Remember when that fool said JJP wouldn’t make another widebody? Saying they’d moved on? Never say never. I hope JJP makes more widebodies. The bigger issue is a thicker playfield is needed to support the weight. Requiring mechs on both sides of the playfield to be redesigned. JJP has already done a lot of the work. Now a double decker design describered above would be impractical on many fronts.

You lost me with all that pretend yapping back and forth..

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 38.00
$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jointhecirqus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/will-jjp-make-more-potc?tu=jointhecirqus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.