9C3D70C2-74F8-4976-BF46-4CCB358F95ED (resized).jpeg
db8ae21c1fb11be199b651a559856849ce2cc1d0.png (resized).jpg
b0542f34c415d82d332f106cef32569bfebe1dd5 (resized).jpg
inconceivable (resized).jpg
post (resized).JPG
F36C7D82-6837-4E05-9DCE-9E45B466E428 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20200724-150800_Chrome (resized).jpg
47A75E61-189F-429D-A120-EF8279C6AE51 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider extraballz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#89 4 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

There are 6 on the pinside market.
0 SEs
5 LEs, all but one priced well over retail
1 CE priced well over retail
I hardly consider that too many and most of these sales are people looking to make some extra cash.

I would say these are not for sale to make a profit but more because POTC has had so many quality issues already some that own it are afraid it will literally disintegrate like an old pair of underwear down the road. At least now people can still get their money back.

1 week later
#349 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

And Beatles, and Iron Maiden, and TNA. It's not a JJP/Mirco issue alone.

So all these companies all of a sudden forgot how long they should cure their PFs? This wasn’t happening 5 years ago. I still say this is a Mirco materials/process issue. Doesn’t really make sense all these pin manufacturers just forgot how to cure PF’s. Or now they just won’t wait to cure correctly. Doesn’t add up to me at all. Are we to believe all these pin manufacturers where waiting 6 months to a year to cure their PFs before and now they are not?

#358 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

You may actually be on to a contributing factor and that is the rush for all of these mfg’s to get them out quick as possible to move on to the next project.
The rush doesn’t allow them to cure fully and then they torque the shit out of everything with power tools instead of by hand because it’s quicker.

Well I hope whatever is actually going on comes out into the open. I know of JJP ,Stern and Spooky pinball having this clear issue but have not heard of a clear issue with any CGC or American titles. Not including the early MM done by Stern for CGC. Seems like CGC might have the best overall quality of any pin manufacturer right now from what I have been hearing. However remakes only appeal to certain folks. Wonka seems to show no one is currently fixing the clearcoat problem. Too bad.

2 months later
#451 4 years ago
Quoted from Vdrums:

Well if they do make more I hope they use balsa wood for the playfield - so it will be more robust than current ones.

Then a pinball designer/celebrity will come out and say “ Pins have actually always been made with a type of balsa wood”

8 months later
#695 3 years ago

A new POTC with a great quality playfield and I would be in at 10-12K. It is a great game....

4 months later
#1151 3 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Deeproot has Pinball?!?!

Yes. In 10,9,8,7.........

1 month later
#1251 3 years ago

Disney is hurting right now. This would be a great time for JJP to take advantage and extend that POTC license. Plus Eric just became a full blown pin superstar with his second smash hit GnR. Hopefully he hears the cries for more POTC and wants more people to get to own it. I am sure he has some pull down there at this point. Lol.

#1258 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Yeah I'm sure a few thousand dollars out of JJP will Save Disney! lol

With comments like this it would be Great to start Naming the distributors making claims like this and I suspect the will stop doing it lol.

Who said it would save Disney. Lol. Oh yeah you did. Since Disney is losing money at an alarming rate it would be a better time to negotiate a fair offer for licensing rights. No? Doubtful Disney would turn down any money at this point. Would it be a better time if Disney was breaking the bank? A little common sense goes a long way.....

#1259 3 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

And why is this jjp problem? Lol..

It’s not. They wouldn’t give it a second thought.

#1261 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Ok put another way, as a second release this is not even peanuts to a company like Disney. For the money on a second partial release the Disney Lawyers to write it up would cost more then the effort. Common sense. lol

The Disney lawyers would have to write up what exactly? It is a re up. Work is already done. Disney has always been tough to do deals with. I say now they would be easier. Just like ANY company currently in the red. Did you work on Wall Street before doing pin mods? If I ask real nice will you handle all my money for me? Too funny.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 20.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider extraballz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/will-jjp-make-more-potc?tu=extraballz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.