9C3D70C2-74F8-4976-BF46-4CCB358F95ED (resized).jpeg
db8ae21c1fb11be199b651a559856849ce2cc1d0.png (resized).jpg
b0542f34c415d82d332f106cef32569bfebe1dd5 (resized).jpg
inconceivable (resized).jpg
post (resized).JPG
F36C7D82-6837-4E05-9DCE-9E45B466E428 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20200724-150800_Chrome (resized).jpg
47A75E61-189F-429D-A120-EF8279C6AE51 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider delt31.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#73 4 years ago

I think folks are aware I'm an owner....

I think jjp will make more of these..... and will follow the yellow brick road edition. Jjp will then defend it by saying we're protecting you the consumer by removing devices that could cause issues, apply some new paint and cost the same or likely more.

#77 4 years ago

Imo after playing through many games, the two best ones are no longer available to be purchased...... Alien followed by POTC. Really ironic.

#82 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

You left out NGG.

Haha I will say that you are one if not the top supporter of that game! I appreciate the dedication.

Truth be told I really liked that game but that damn music drove me crazy. There were talks of a custom soundtrack.... Been looking out for it

#90 4 years ago
Quoted from Extraballz:

I would say these are not for sale to make a profit but more because POTC has had so many quality issues already some that own it are afraid it will literally disintegrate like an old pair or underwear down the road. At least now people can still get their money back.

Haha - case closed folks!

#139 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

And I don’t claim to be the authority on this by any means. The question is straightforward- will the company make more? Knowing what I know and seeing what I see, the answer is no it will not. That doesn’t mean that unforeseen circumstances couldn’t change people’s feelings, I’m not saying I have spoken and thus close the topic, not my call. But the answer is certainly not anytime soon and most likely not ever; too much coming along to get to and too much in the queue to go back to POTC again.

Very interesting

Even I thought there would likely be some yellow brick .....

Ok now I'm at 11.5 by Christmas and if there is still no news by next year I'm saying alien territory of 15+.

Print it

#142 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Jjp potc biggest supporter and price pumper

remember when you asked me if you should buy that JJP POTC and I told you yes no question....and now you regret not getting it at that price? Don't make the same mistake twice and buy that one in WI. This game will just continue going up. JJP is changing it's strategy as this release appears it will remain the last "pure" jjp table will offer.

#144 4 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

This constant shilling is getting way out of hand. Is this what we have to look forward to from now on from the people buying $10k NIB pins? Constant shilling, constant pumping, "$15k by Christmas", "this pin is the GOAT", "this pin costs more to make than they are charging for it", "Paying over MSRP for used on this pin that just came out is a bargain."

yes

#178 4 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Wonder if it will be packed crazy like JJPPOTC?

Definitely not. The wild days of jjp are done

Again all my opinion but I think Eric got his ass handed to him by Jack.

GnR will likely be gimped when compared to POTC standards but I'm sure it will still be good.

Btw remember when distributors were pumping jjp's ability to offer WW at the same price as POTC. Please what a joke. Forgot to mention the game was a GIANT step back for innovation and price per content.

I knew that smelled like BS when I first heard about it.

#181 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

For what? Making the #5 game in pinball (and rising?) Highly doubt this. By all measures Eric knocked it out of the park.

It's called Jack is not making the money he's expecting so the over the top stuff needs to be toned down.

Jack isn't in the business to impress pinsiders. He's in it to make money.

#187 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Yeah but wouldn't the BOM be sorted out well before production begins? I'm really not buying this.

I hear you on this but I think that happened.
Companies as making certain assumptions and realize later those ranges were way off.

You think if jjp was killing it with potc they wouldn't run that game all day? They just can't bc pricing is off.

Kind of reminds me of the other game they grossly missed on cost to produce - a little something called WoZ.

#195 4 years ago
Quoted from statsdoc:

Absolutely! I have one and love it. I added the shaker and Invisiglass. Gameplay is basically the same. Most fun pin I have ever played, but don’t listen to me, I am just price pumping.
This will be the last pin that leaves my small collection. There is so much to do and the code is deep and fun. Much more of a pirates theme than movie theme, which is a strength in my eyes.

stop the price pumping......damn it!!!

#249 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Great post, and admire the way you approach the reasoning....
"GOAT"....our new "Grail", sadly...it's an acronym based world anymore....
This game will always have an odd spot in my pinball journey...."had to have" the CE (1 of the first to commit), as Eric is just such an awesome guy, and pinball engineering genius, IMHO. For this to be his first game, it was an absolute no brainer. No way I was out of this. It would be my next JJP, period.
Time went by and the story (not worth repeating) just started eating at me. It even seemed he was disappointed about certain things in some of the interviews....it resonated. I have never had such an up and down vibe on any previous pin decision, ever. Saw the stream, and had several pinbuds pming about all sorts of things about the game. Confusion ruled.
I'm not a very lucky guy, and just allowed logic to overcome desire on this one (pinball and logic?...oxymoron for sure). I have alot of amazing machines...this one will go down as "missed out big time", or "dodged a bullet"...either way, just a game, and there are always others...

Likely not dodged a bullet considering you could have always sold and made $ if you didn't like it upon owning it. That's a big thing (not having it in your house) which likely caused you not to get into it....this is a HUO setting type of game for it to really click.

Knowing your taste in games, this is a game you would enjoy. It's not better than alien and the other pinsider nailed it by saying the modes really don't have a heart or soul but otherwise it's top class pinball.

#260 4 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

I saw the same post. I tried to order the LE topper and star panel From JJP. I actually got a price from them (surprisingly not as expensive as I thought they would be) and then they got back to me and said sorry no can do. I also asked if SE could be modified to get multi colored GI and they did not know. My idea of the perfect pirates would be the LE setup with the SE stainless trim and the CE topper

just curious - what was the topper cost? I would get the CE topper for sure if it was permitted (which it sounds like it's not).

#263 4 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

That is not permitted. Anyone ordering anything for the collectors edition will be asked for their serial number. Only actual ce owners can order ce parts

Yes I know I mentioned the same

#278 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I played Pirates again last night. Enjoyable pin, long ball times, jumbled mess of a code (to me). You can say it's deep or it grows on you in a home environment. But to me (at this point) it's a jumbled mess. As in you can start all five of the multi balls at the same time(?) ack! thats great everything is running and then you have no idea what is is what every shot will score.
Maybe I just prefer a more structures or simple rule program. Whatever it has 105 'modes' (movie scenes) so they are all random hit so and so characters. I mean they could make 1000+ modes if they wanted to just various shots will call that a mode. But after a point it's all a lot of fluff. I'd take something like LotR or DI with much less number of modes but at least they can means something rather than a pile of unlimited random noise.
I will reserve the ability to change my mind in the future, but to me it's more of a very fun to flip, nice toys and nice looking but it's not something I feel is an all time top10 in the future (IMO of course) I still don't see how it's voted higher than Woz for example.

I agree regarding the modes as it's the weakest part of the game. Said it since day 1 of ownership.

I can totally understand the mb comment too as it's absolute chaos and even though I know the rules for each you can't really follow if you get the jackpots besides audio... But I like that. It's very challenging.

These are both valid but the modes def don't take anything away from the game it's just an opportunity for this game to go from a 9 to a 10 and is literally the main reason why alien is better than jjp potc.... Alien nails the modes. MB chaos is something you'll learn to appreciate with further play.

#280 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

So you must hate it in TSPP when you get both couch and itchy and scratchy going at the same time.
You can play the game where you only have one running at a time if you wish. Each multiball has its own distinct rules and the call outs and multi RGB inserts tell you what you are up to. Each multiball is colour coded. So a purple arrow will be for the Dead man tells no tales movie and green arrows for dead mans chest. Without the RGB, it would be trickier. If you don’t know how the individual multiballs work than trying to make sense of 4 going at once would be chaotic.

Yeah I hate when that happens!

Take some time and reread my post. Cheers mate

#286 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Sorry, I can’t see where you covered the RGB inserts. Why would I reread your post? I was commenting on another’s post.

Ha! - I thought you were responding to my post! Disregard....

8 months later
#473 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballTilt:

Looks like Johnny Depp may be back for his Jack Sparrow role. Cross another excuse off the list for why they won't remake it. I was thinking they would announce another run soon, but with the factory move who knows what's going on now
https://insidethemagic.net/2020/02/rumors-johnny-depp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-ro1/

not sure why this significantly helps the case? Think about tron - last I checked no actor was in hot water yet that game continues to not be vaulted. There is only one reason. Disney. They are a pain in the ass. And that game is simple to make too. Another reason IJ will be very tough to redo.

No one knows for sure but there are a lot of boxes to be checked off on this one!

1 month later
#570 4 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Always gunna be one offs.. my buddy bought a NIB POTC-CE for 16k last month.

Pretty big story behind that...It’s not like it was listed here in the US. Guy took a big gamble. One off is right haha

3 weeks later
#770 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Hilton - No I get it all - My initial post said JJP is well aware - trust me we've been telling them weekly / monthly we could sell 100's of POTCs and WOZ75th, etc... Your point is well taken... From where I sit I know this horse has been beat to the company is all which you guys don't see - there is no need to tell them, they know. Not arguing with you just trying to state we've been doing just that. Maybe 'fishing' is a good term - but I think they know people want POTC - like I said maybe it was an innocent slip / excitement foretelling of things to come ? Who knows...
Be well bro !

Holy shit......the amount of patience you have to have as a distributor to not want to rip the head off of misguided pinsiders is absolutely remarkable.

Joe that is impressive.

#778 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Naw Brian… I get the excitement and trust me we LOVE that... just trying to be grounded is all. Maybe something IS afoot - just saying I don't know that and no reason to starting pumping it up collecting names as a distributor then we're part of the problem with false hype. If something is announced people know where to go to buy and I'll collect all your names and fingerprints then. LOL. Part of the reason I don't like seeing this is I had people emailing me saying 'I'm going to start putting money aside, I'm going to sell this or that so I'm ready, etc...' Not cool to lead people to do that sort of stuff, especially now with everything going on. Keep the faith folks - I have hopes re-runs could certainly be part of the plan for the larger Chicago factory when that's up and running.

Haha yeah I get it. I agree with then way you handle it though. If not, why not take orders for any theme out there.

To help Hilton, I think his point is it’s only helpful to have some mechanism to alert JJP of the demand out there b/c it’s there no doubt. I hope there is a rerun. I don’t expect one though. Take it easy.

#800 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Thx for sharing. Appreciate when people set the pumpers straight with some actual facts. Good advice also.

You're becoming the CNN of Pinball.

Let me provide some facts about the current potc market. Current is the operative word.

I put mine up to test the market. I wasn't selling for 12k, 13k, 14k or even 14.5k. I needed 15k no less. Otherwise I'm keeping it.

Game sold in less than 24 hours and I have two guys behind him.

Could be COVID boredom but the market has spoken.

Ok continue speculating about pirates....I just had to drop in some facts. Cheers

#802 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Thx. So 2 selling at 12k in the last month after they were advertised for a month.
1 sold at 15k by you.
Appreciate the data point. From what I see, your sale is the odd man out currently.
Maybe the price of these shot up 3k in the past week? I am guessing one Rick due that was bored and you were the right time and spot.

And your guess would be wrong. I had two other guys as well. And that was less than 24hrs.

Demand for this game is real imo. HUO. No one wants routed.

My advice would be to stop guessing.

#804 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

My advice would be to tell them about the others that are sitting in the open market for 12.5 k. Save them 2.5k by just being a nice guy and letting them know others are available. Lol

Yes I'll tell them to buy the one on route. Like they don't know what's in the marketplace either. Haha

I know you somehow mean well but no need to be jealous. It clouds your judgement.

#807 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I am pretty sure you are the one with clouded judgement. If you think a game w 800 plays is some sort of detractor to a sale. Like “on route” is a bad thing. Lol. Game is just tuned in by then and not cluttered up with a bunch of aftermarket crap.
Reality of facts:
Multiple LEs that took a month to sell while well advertised at 12.5
Delta sells one example at 15 and claims to have multiple other buyers waiting in line.
Yet there are multiple other examples on open market for 12.5 that are not selling.
It is pretty obvious one of these does not add up with the others.

I don't think it's a detractor....I know it is. Otherwise it would have sold.

Collectors don't want routed games period.

Hilton - there is a lot for you to learn. I'll leave it at that. Continue speculating.

#968 3 years ago

Uh oh Whysnow

Another LE sold at 15k. Less then a day.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/96043

Now how are you going to spin this one? Haha. Someone get this man some crow.

#971 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Why did the 9500 se not sell yet? How much and to whom did the 15k one sell to? There are more questions than answers at this point.

SE is why. Collectors want LE's (although that will be sold too....)

How much = 15k
To whom = a person

It's very simple. The LE mods (Covid?) market has spoken. You either listen to it or you end up being wrong.

Everything else is CNN.

#977 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

you seem to be confused by "asking" price and what something sells for in this hobby?
granted, it is possible the final sale price really is 15k. No spin needed here. This is another data point. You first need to evaluate the value of that specific data point. Is it real? is it accuate? is it an anomaly or identifying a trend?
Data is limited on this game due to limited sales overall.
We know that they are readily available and supply is high. With multiple for sale each week, they are changing hands.
The super high end market is hard to fully predict and I am also hard pressed to believe high sales without more data to back them up. Unfortunately there are both bad actors and there are some real sales but driven by a different type of person than the average collector. For some, $$$ is really nothing at this level and those people tend to buy in at any price. Is that the reality of JJP POTC? I would not assume that without a few more sales and the 9500 SE seems to indicate differently or at least the bimodal demand for the options on opposite ends of the spectrum.

I'm not going to speak for the seller but let's just say I'm not just reading the ad and seeing the sale pending and concluding. Game sold @15k.

SEs are not LEs - although I will be the first to tell you if that POTC was in Pittsburgh, it would be at my house. No game to me is worth 15k. Pirates at 9.5? Yeah, I'll buy it.

Market is hot right now for this game. Could it be temporary? Maybe. Does it mostly impact LE? Yes. Should the crusade of telling people POTC LE is only being price pumped by it's owners stop? Yes, unless you want to continue being wrong.

Will JJP make more POTC? I'm torn on this one. My gut says no but my brain says yes. How could you not. With the dev and coder asking folks to talk to your distributor - that def gives me hope it will b/c if they knew it was impossible for them to do (based on Disney) it would be a dick move on their part and those guys are not dicks. If it was not being done due to spin up costs on JJP end, then that would make sense why these two are asking for folks to help.

We'll see. I think right now there are no plans but enough people ask for it, the game will be made. It will DEF not be offered at 9.5 (imo). Jack's YBR edition is the proof why.

9 months later
#1298 3 years ago

You guys understand that JJP is all about selling GNR right now right, if Jack said “yea there is an 80% chance we will run POTC later” it could/would cut into current sales of a game actually on the line. This is a page right out of Sterns playbook, they never talk about future titles vault or cornerstone. For example if you asked Gary about a rerun of Ironman before they re-ran it he would of said 0% chance it will ever be rerun, in fact if memory serves I believe he was asked and said “never going to happen”. I am actually very surprised Jack admitted to there being even a 20% chance of a rerun as he left the door open and did not need to, I think that slipped out.

No he just answered it accurately. Jack has been spoiling his games for years talking to people at shows etc.

If he was playing the Stern game he wouldn't admit any percentage. Fact is they have a ton of GnRs then toy story which has been delayed forever.

They're going to squeeze in a nightmare widebody somehow and make pirates which takes a ton of instruction to the line to make it? Not happening hence Jack's 20%.

#1303 3 years ago

Oh snap! I just clicked the quote button again You do understand I’m saying he will run it again, right? I’ll tell you what let’s make a gentleman’s bet on it, I will wager $100 that POTC will be re-run within the next 12 months, winner donates the proceeds to Pinside.

I'll take that bet.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 38.00
$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider delt31.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/will-jjp-make-more-potc?tu=delt31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.