• Yes, more SEs and LEs 78 votes
    14%
  • Yes, some other version 142 votes
    26%
  • No, they are done. 248 votes
    45%

(550 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 54 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20201010_181527 (resized).jpg
20201010_185338 (resized).jpg
22222 (resized).jpg
20201009_193401 (resized).jpg
9C3D70C2-74F8-4976-BF46-4CCB358F95ED (resized).jpeg
db8ae21c1fb11be199b651a559856849ce2cc1d0.png (resized).jpg
b0542f34c415d82d332f106cef32569bfebe1dd5 (resized).jpg
inconceivable (resized).jpg
post (resized).JPG
F36C7D82-6837-4E05-9DCE-9E45B466E428 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20200724-150800_Chrome (resized).jpg
47A75E61-189F-429D-A120-EF8279C6AE51 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
pumping police.JPG
jjpse (resized).JPG
BF5F2AEA-ABA8-4885-929A-4909EBDE4744 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigd1979.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#140 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

Very interesting
Even I thought there would likely be some yellow brick .....
Ok now I'm at 11.5 by Christmas

Jjp potc biggest supporter and price pumper

1 month later
#398 1 year ago

Mine is late November and is very nice and solid.

8 months later
#520 9 months ago

I was thinking they were gonna make 500 more a few months ago.... however lots has changed in a short time for jjp and in pinball in general. The complete stop of production for all manufacturers and with so many arcades most likely having to close their doors allready and not knowing how much longer this mess is gonna continue really will effect our small hobby and allready has had a big impact. Then them moving everything to Illinois is another huge job so who knows how plans have changed . I think releasing a new title may be the best bet when/if things get back to normal over the next 6 months . I guess will c how all.this mess pans out but I don't think potc wld be the best move at this time even if its 11500-12k? Only time will tell and I hope everything works out but not sure how many folks will be ready to fork out 12 k when the dust settles.

#537 9 months ago
Quoted from JustLikeMe:

I got quite a bit of time in on a proto with the three spinning discs and agree 100%. Losing the feature didn’t ruin the game, but the crazy ball movement from the three discs was great. I really wish they hadn’t had to cut it out.

I've played both and the single disk that's in the production version actually produces more ball movement.... but man that triple disk version was sweet looking and neat to see.

#541 9 months ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

Having both POTC & Wonka, I can say definitively that not only do Wonka’s rules flow extremely well, but there is no game more addictive once you have owned it. Golden Tickets are a fun challenge that keeps you coming back for one more plunge. Assets are clearly vastly superior to POTC as well especially with the adjustments via the latest code.

Agreed I personally perfer wonka gameplay over potc by a fair amount and I like the code/rule set better also. Having a gazillion mechs /toys doesn't make a game automatically amazing. Look at afm and most stern pins for that debate lol. However potc is still amazing and I enjoy the neat upper playfield and huge subway system with lots of entrances.

#542 9 months ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Here is my guess... NO!
Why? Guns N Roses has obviously been done for a long time they were waiting for TPF. Then the virus hit now that game could be delayed for several more months. Willy Wonka has been done for a year now... point being is Toy Story has to be now on the heals of Guns N Roses.
JJP promised two games in the same year, and I think you will probably see just that two games. If you have two lines I think you'll see Guns N Roses on one line maybe both, and the other line Willy Wonka until they're ready for Toy Story.
Here is my prediction Guns N Roses comes out in June, and Toy Story comes out in Chicago/October.
Where does Pirates fit in? The problem with Pirates is getting the parts. I think JJP should make more Pirates but I think you're going to see the two new games first.

I hope so but I'm guessing the move has been delayed bc of this virus stuff which wld push things back even more so unfortunately. Only time will tell I guess.

#571 9 months ago

And a ce sold for 21k today.. crazy times

3 weeks later
#689 8 months ago

That comment of letting your distro know what you want has been mentioned on Facebook for a while now and is nothing new ? I wldnt look to much into it at the moment and wld expect once the move is done and the virus crap is done with that a new release will be in the works for the next few jjp pins with possible small runs of wonka and woz on the side.
Now once all is running smoothly I suppose if demand is still there a run of potc cld be done . More pins the better imo but I think many will hold steady for a while and not drop 10k on a toy until we see how the economy is doing and what all follows this mess.

#708 8 months ago
Quoted from ViperVS:

Did anyone watch the Eric's POTC stream? I missed it and here is no saved video to watch. What was it about? Any news about code update?

Just a stream... they are gonna do them with all the jjp pins over the next month or so I believe

1 week later
#953 8 months ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Even 10K is on the high side for me. If JJP can't make LE's for less than 10 thousand bucks (POTC or any other pin in the near future) I am not going to be a NIB JJP customer - and will have to go to second hand
But that's ok...I may not be their target audience if that is the case.
I could do standards - but I won't...

Le with shipping has been near 10k ....if u have taxes then its even more. Good news is there is very affordable se version usually with just cosmetic differences.

#990 8 months ago

Remember many of the higher priced potcle are loaded with awesome mods and some that were very limited and lots of folks want on their pins So stock low play huo potc selling for 12-12.5 . Then you have 1-2k in great upgrades and some very special low production mods that many will just pay alot extra for. I was offered 550 for my new hms endeavour mod that's in the mail as we speak. So I can see why some potc are getting 14-15k . Then you have all this installed plus cliffys and stuff that are a pain in the butt to add...so that's a huge factor also. I cld see it having another run but not anytime soon unfortunately.... need to get threw this virus crap and jjp move and setup. Then get some of the new pins out the gate and then if demand is still there do a run of 500 or so. But I have a feeling many will be hesitant spending 10k+ on anything bc of the unknown state of the economy . Gonna be interesting when things get rolling again with nib pins..... guess will see how things go.

4 weeks later
#1047 7 months ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

Yes to paynemic’s post.
He understood my comparison. In fact he did exactly what I thought had happened. He confirmed that this exact possibility has been done before. So it could be done again. That is, a company re-making a pin with upgraded hardware and customers willing to buy it. So if it has been done in the past it could be done again. In fact, it wasn’t done in the past, it is actually occurring right now!

Way different situations.. wont happen in potc case bc originals can not be retrofitted with the triple disk mech. Also its not needed.. its a neat effect but the video of it is very well done and the current spinning mech works very nice and is not a maintaince nightmare. Funny were talking about adding things and if anything I believe if by some miracle they do another run its possible it cld be missing a few things like the newer woz was. Only time will tell but its gonna b a while if something does happen. I say move on and let's get some new pins out and shipping first then worry about older pins if the newer ones are not selling well.

#1070 7 months ago
Quoted from Lermods:

i think/hope GNR will be different since Eric is on it and I am looking forward to getting one. I am probably in the minority, but I sold my POTC and don't miss it, Wonka has remained and I love playing it more than I did POTC.
I don't know who is doing TS, but that theme has huge potential.

Same here I love Wonka more and its finally starting to get the love it deserves as more people play it in a home environment set up well. Even seeing a lot of people purchasing it on the jjp Facebook page and lots of love for it over the past few months just from talking with people and messaging on fb. Plus the standard is a great deal which helps alot too.

3 months later
#1193 3 months ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

There still might be a chance.....small chance.
[quoted image]

That's g@r ready to ship after the reveal tomorrow....

#1199 3 months ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

This was spotted in a news interview.
[quoted image]

Floor model going to a employee..... eric mentioned this on fb. No way they go back to potc after the huge positive feedback and purchases of g@r.... looking fwd to future releases as g@r looks amazing and I expect them.to keep impressing the more games released

#1204 3 months ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

JJP will be busy for a year+ with GnR now.
So maybe, just maybe, we might get a bone thrown our way next year, say...July.

Yep orders are crazy for g@r and will b super busy filling orders till the next game release in hopefully march/April.

#1254 3 months ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

They better not devalue the game a bunch of us over paid for!

And why is this jjp problem? Lol..

#1256 3 months ago
Quoted from seenev:

When would they make new potc if they are overflowing with GnR orders?

Yea I dont see any time/reason potc will get another run....at least anytime soon. They will b busy filling g@r orders for 6-8 months and most likely releasing toy story in 6 months or so.... then they will be super busy finishing up g@r intial demand and b running toy story for the next 4-6 months. I just dont see any reason or time at this point to do more potc unfortunately.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 3.50
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
Machine - For Sale
Bensenville, IL
Sale Pending!
St. Charles, IL
$ 239.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigd1979.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside