9C3D70C2-74F8-4976-BF46-4CCB358F95ED (resized).jpeg
db8ae21c1fb11be199b651a559856849ce2cc1d0.png (resized).jpg
b0542f34c415d82d332f106cef32569bfebe1dd5 (resized).jpg
inconceivable (resized).jpg
post (resized).JPG
F36C7D82-6837-4E05-9DCE-9E45B466E428 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20200724-150800_Chrome (resized).jpg
47A75E61-189F-429D-A120-EF8279C6AE51 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PtownPin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 4 years ago

If demand is there of course they will....that being said I wouldn't be surprised if they raised the price...

#22 4 years ago

Like someone stated earlier...the only reason they wouldn't produce again is because they can't make enough profit to make sense, which is pretty pathetic at JJP's price points.

#54 4 years ago

My prediction is JJP will make 100's of POTC's if there's demand from their distribution chain.....my guess is they will come out with some special version (Like WOX YB) for a quick money grab

#157 4 years ago

Who knows the real story behind pirates. Regardless of whether or not u like the theme what we do know is its packed full of fun toys, shoots great, has great code, and is a lot of fun. If JJP indeed stopped production for good then it was a colossal financial screw up on their end. Especially for a company that was on their 4th game. My bet is investors are getting fed up with all the bad business decisions, and pulled the plug until JJP can prove they know how to make money. I love Wonka, but it seems pretty stripped down compared to DI, WOZ, and POTC so I'm sure its easier to build, has a reduced BOM, and if sales are good will be a profitable game for JJP (like I'm sure WOZ is)....we all want them to survive, because they make great high quality games, but at some point its all about the bottom line....

#162 4 years ago

I wonder what the development costs are for a game like POTC?...I've heard numbers like $1M+...if u believe that number how many games do they need to sell in order to break even? My guess its 1000+, and they need sell many more in order to make profit...how many POTC games did JJP make? My guess is they will come out with some special version (maybe 200 units) like WOZ YB for a quick cash grab, in an attempt to recoup some loses (which I suspect will work)

9 months later
#499 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I just listened to the Jersey Jack interview in the 4/7/20 episode of The Super Awesome Pinball show. While talking about the new factory in Chicago and running a second line Jack said "We will be able to have a second line build other games. There were some games we built in the past that people keep demanding in a good way that they are looking for and those are always possibilities to go back and build things like that like we did with Wizard of Oz and so the market is there for us". Now Jack didn't name titles to be built on the second line but that kinda sounds like Pirates as there's no other game in the JJP catalog that has pent up demand. Whether or not more are actually built due to potential licensing issues, build costs, etc is another story.
http://superawesomepinballshow.libsyn.com/the-super-awesome-pinball-show-s01-e07
Jack was then directly asked about rerunning Pirates and Jack said "there's always hope, it's possible, we will see". Now that part didn't sound very sure that more Pirates will be made. The "hope" part makes me think there's some issue with building more Pirates.

Jack is very good at never answering questions .... its always "u never know" "theres always hope" ....which is probably what we would all say when we have no idea if it will happen or not...I'm sure he would love to, but I highly doubt its in their short term plans....my guess if it does happen its a long ways off

#519 4 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

How many runs has WOZ had? They are very reasonably priced on the used market. I think the demand for DI is also very soft, the game is not hard to find.
POTC is low hanging fruit IMHO as the game is already designed and the demand is there, it is JJP’s only game that sells for more than the original price on the used market. JJP could finish the LE run and even if they only sold 500 that is 5 million dollars (that’s a lot of cheddar).

Before u can begin to answer that question u need to understand their margins....I have no idea what they are, but I suspect at $9500 they were small, and the core reason they stopped making them was simple...they weren't making any money....even if they sold at $11.5/LE I'm still not convinced it makes sense with all the start up costs to get that line rolling again....my guess is their gonna hang their hat on Wonka, WOZ re runs, and their next two titles with the hope they turn the corner on profitability...

#522 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If they were profitable at $9,500 retail and sell 500 YBRs for $11,500, that's more like a pretty solid $1 million straight extra dough, PLUS whatever profit was in the machine at $9500, and all the R&D expenses are already flushed with the first run.
And I don't think 500 is all they'd sell. 500 more initially, but I bet they'd have a run or two after that to satisfy demand once people get hands on with it at shows.

I don't think they were profitable at $9500, which is why they shut it down...probably cost a lot more to build than they originally anticipated

#527 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Curious. Do you think the licensing for a 50 year old WOZ was the same or less for Disney Pirates? Do you really think they sold 500 YBR’s while stripping it of features to scratch a profit? And the big one, do you think now or the next six months 1000 people will be lined up to spend 12k on a re-release game? Hope they do but just not seeing it.

I don't see it either....I do agree they would sell a lot of units, but the $12K price point is pretty steep even for Pirates. Although I do realize that the secondary market is significantly higher for LE's

#529 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yeah not sure. Zach from SDTM recently sold a loaded HUO loaded LE, including the chest mod, for $12k or less. I sold a perfect HUO LE for $12k a few weeks ago with a good number of mods. I know I'll regret selling it one day but wanted something different. Hell I'm regretting it now a bit, can't lie lol, fun game! I should have bought the new crazy cool dauntless mod to prevent me from selling it.

yea I've seen them sell for anywhere from $11K-$14K. If they release new code will that increase demand? Who knows as it really doesn't matter in my world. I'm number 3 on the dauntless mod so looking forward to seeing how that looks. From the pics it looks like a work of art

#548 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I find wonka to be better playing than potc too, not quite sure why, but I’d play a game or two of potc and get my fill pretty easily. With wonka, i find my self playing over and over again. It just seems more fun and whimsical to me. That said, if I had a very small collection, I would choose potc as there are just so many ways to play the game, you’d never tire of it.
Never say never, but I do not think potc will be rerun. There wasn’t much demand for the game until they announced production would stop, didn’t have enough parts, it’s a bear to produce on the line, low profit margin (my guess), etc. if I were them, I’d focus on breathing new life into the company with new titles and not focus on the past. I just think they should be moving forward. that said, perhaps they could build up parts over time and do a small vault run down the road.
I’m also not sure the math works well on a rerun relative to a new game. If they can sell potc at $12k and do a run of 250 units, assuming build cost is $7k (I have no idea what it is, just making it up), that’s $1.25 mil ($5k margin x250 units) profit before taxes, interest, whatever else comes out. Even if they ran 500 units, it’s still only about $2.5 mil. Don’t think that that keeps the lights on.
If they make a new game, charge $9500 with a build cost of say $5k and sell 2000 units (easier said than done of course), that’s $9 mil ($4.5k margin x 2000
units). No way they should be making potc. You can adjust the variables as you wish, but Im pretty sure it will be more profitable to be running new games. Woz is different because there seemed to be insatiable demand, but I don’t think potc is in that same situation. As these examples show, it’s critical they keep costs under control (and margins up) and sell in volume, yet still build the best games out there as they’ve been doing.

I've often wondered what kind of margins they have on these games...do you really think its $4500 on a $9500 game? In general business terms those margins suck, but in pinball their decent ? If the margins are pretty low than it becomes a volume game, which would explain why JJP has struggled financially (I'm guessing)...I hope they turn the corner, because they make great games and are great for the industry.

#552 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I don’t know the margins, I had thought initially they were losing money on Woz when it was being sold for $6500. Based on that, I’d think they got margins down a bit from that and raised prices so I think maybe I’m in the ballpark. I could be totally wrong, though. my example was purely illustrative and shows the need to be producing in volume, not building 250-500 units of potc.

Makes sense....which is why Stern is so successful

#553 4 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

I hope they make more just so there are more parts in stock. I worry that parts will reach unobtanium status.

Its my understanding that wire forms are still unobtainable !

#564 4 years ago
Quoted from luch:

pinside average is not the reality , most are around the 12k -14k range , so yeah were close give or take

Thats about right....all depending on mods, condition, game plays, etc.....my bet is fully modded out POTC's with little games plays in almost perfect condition (no game is perfect) are fetching close to $14K ....

#567 4 years ago

Seems like 12k is the sweet spot if you want to sell a HUO LE in a reasonable amount of time. This LE has been for sale at 14.5k OBO for 3 months..
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/90559

I hear ya....a guy sold a loaded LE for almost $15K not to long ago, and that didnt have the dauntless mod

#574 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

That’s kind of the key right there, “not to long ago”. Not to long ago you didn’t have to pay $10 for a roll of toilet paper and Wonder if your job or 401k would be there tomorrow. For a select few maybe but for JJP to roll the dice and capital on a 14k Maybe would be a foolish decision in this economy. Everyone wants to see new releases or even old ones back but few I suspect will be jumping to drop 10k plus on an unnecessary hobby purchase for Many months.

I get it....theres several factors that drive value and ultimately sales (timing, market, demand, geography, condition, mods, emotion, etc...)? I was merely suggesting that a HUO, low game play, full loaded POTC LE could sell for as much as $15K .... I don't think its a crazy price although it could take a while to find a buyer...

#576 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Couldn't you 3D print some ?
LTG : )

I'm sure he could...but it might hurt a little

3 weeks later
#595 3 years ago

Couldn't it be that they want to start introducing the code to the public? What else do they have to do? They can't launch a new game

#603 3 years ago

I hope it does happen, but I wouldn't hold my breath. They can't afford to stock wire forms let alone allocate the cash to make another 500-1000 games. I think this was orchestrated to get some positive JJP news into the market place.

#616 3 years ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

If they have the parts on hand, it’s more likely to just get the line moving and cash coming in. POTC would sell out if they did a short run. They have done it with success with WOZ up until YBR.

There in lies the problem....they don't have parts, which means they need to allocate cash reserves to order enough parts to make a reasonable run. I could see them making a "black pearl" version and charging out the ass for it ($12K+)....my bet is theres almost a zero chance they'll make more POTC LE's at the same price. People with money a some point expect a return on their investment (I don't care how much money u have), and they can say it was demand, but the reality is they didn't make enough $ per game to justify the investment. Making new games that are far cheaper to manufacture makes all the sense in the world.

#622 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinphila:

Do you know the BOM of POTC? Do you know how much they will make? Pretty sure you dont and JJP does. If it makes financial sense, why wouldnt they rerun. The demand is there.
Why do you think WOZ was re-run? People/distributors asked for it.

I'm pretty sure nobody asked for a WOZ YBR version

#638 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I specifically reached out to distributors and they made it clear that they are assembling a list.
Not sure what embellishment you think that is.
Objectively, it is pretty obvious that JJP is looking to assemble actual "interested" list to gauge a path fwd on a new run.
Get enough names that you trust (from ask distributors "hey, how many of these are real") and it will happen.

Assembling a list of potential buyers is a waste of time....conversation probably goes like this:

Distributor "would u be interested in a new POTC LE if they remade the game"

Potential buyer "sure I'm interested, when are they building it and whats the price"..."

Distributor "Ahhh not sure, but I assume its the same"

Potential buyer "well let me know when u know"

Complete waste of time

#640 3 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

So you are saying that JJP announced they are forming a list of interested in buyers in order to set up another run of POTC? You are saying that is indeed a fact? Also, what's up with posting a screenshot of my collection? I already said I own POTC and I want them to make more. You are getting really creepy Whysnow.

He has no clue nor do the distributors....we will all find out when they start taking deposits on new games....for all we know its data JJP wants to give to the investors to try and get them to pony up the cash in an attempt to build more games....

#644 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballTilt:

Well here's how my conversation went. No lies, exactly how it went down
Me- I'd like to get on a list to buy pirates at the original price if more are made
Dist- great. I'm putting a list together and sending it to JJP this week. Thanks for your business
Me- thanks!
Also, for all we know gnr is waiting on approvals and those people are furloughed. This could be a way for them to make money and troubleshoot their line

no doubt....what if they ask for 50% down non refundable? what if they raise the price to $12.5 ? Until people know the terms and whether or not its reality its a waste of time. I know u guys all want this game at $9.5, but if JJP was smart there is little chance that will happen.....they have very few parts in stock so they would have to order all new so why not order different powder coating, make a few weeks to the play field art, order a special $5 plaque, and call in limited and raise the price to whatever they want....their costs are still the same, but the margins are far greater....

#713 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

While I agree the ruby red is the best one, by your logic he should over charge even more.

I've owned both and in my opinion the ECLE is a better looking game. The wood apron, and the direct print cabinet is pretty incredible. That being said RR isn't far behind. If I was u I would look for a nice HUO one and save a bunch of money off the retail price.

#715 3 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

Add the $450 shipping Automated quoted me and you pretty much have a WoZ RR for the same price as a YBR. It’s a pass here.
A new PoTC run sounding better and better.

I don't blame u....

#734 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I would likely buy an LE again at $9500 knowing that the playfield issues are resolved. It seems like theres been an uptick in for sale ads the past couple weeks and people are asking more then ever. Hell I sold a perfect HUO LE for $12k a month ago with $300 in mods but now it seems these games have gone up another $2k plus? Damn.

Listen I hope they build thousands of these games. I could give two shits if mine is worth $8K or $20K. The value keeps going up, because its probably the best game to hit the streets in years, and JJP won't be making this game anytime soon. My bet is they have 2-3 year plan to turn to profitability, which step one was Wonka, step 2 being the move and consolidation, and step 3 being their next release. Listen u have real viability issues as a company if you can't make money with the prices JJP charges. A company thats losing money is not going to allocate that much free cash to order all the parts necessary to for the game.....

#740 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I would say it has stabilized and if anything is going down a bit. They were selling quickly for 12.5k loaded. They are now sitting for a while before selling at 12k and more on the market recently than ever.

Looks to me like outside of covid delays, JJP has worked to greatly reduce cycle time. I bet if they make a decision this month, we would see new run games just in time for holiday season this year.

Is this fact? All evidence seems to show the opposite. Their sales seem stronger than ever, they have a few very good games available for sale and production, and likely 1 more available soon. Seems to me the only problem they had was keeping good manufacturing talent on deck in NJ and timed a move to Chicagoland when the business was already healthy and they could deal with the inherent time/profit stall during a move.

Like I said I'm speculating....you don't make a business decision like moving, and unloading big talent unless your bleeding cash. I guarantee you JJP has a business plan that in theory gets them into the black. I've owned all the JJP games so I'd love it if they turned the corner, but I wouldn't hold my breath. When you stop stocking parts where u can't even support your customer base you have major problems (i.e. POTC)...things have changed quite a bit on the JJP front over the years (i.e customer support), and its not for the benefit of the customer.

#749 3 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Not true on Hobbit at all. They are almost always out of stock on Hobbit parts. Don't believe me check it out: http://store.jerseyjackpinball.com/Parts/The-Hobbit-Parts/
There are a few I wanted to get for down the road - just in case - but they are all sold out.

I have a Hobbit as well and although I haven't needed any spare parts its disturbing that they don't have the cash to stock spare parts (and yes its a cash issue)....its never a good sign when a company has no spare parts to support existing customers....

#759 3 years ago

Whats the BOM on POTC LE? lets say its $3-$4K per game....if they were going to do another run of 500 games they would have to shell out $1.5-$2M in cash + labor on building the games....its probably $3-4M to get 500 games out the door. Thats a lot of working capital that they can allocate towards future titles (even if you took big down payments). Selling another 500 POTC LE's isn't gonna get them in the black...they need a couple massive new titles to turn this burning ship around. When you can't even support existing customers with spare parts clearly theres a cash problem ...

#764 3 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Agree. If they are financial able (and I bet they are to be honest) they will do at least one more run of POTC

The fact that they can't store spare parts tells me just the opposite.....

#768 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Gotta love the owners all pumping the shit outta this. Lol

The game pumps itself....owners have jack shit to do with it

#771 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Pumping sales at 15k. Yeah, that is pumping.

I get that your upset that you weren't in on the original buy....I don't blame u....games sell for what their worth, and if that game is never made again no telling what it will be worth

#772 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Pumping sales at 15k. Yeah, that is pumping.

I mean look at TBL...its a fun game, but not in the same league as POTC yet sales have been as high as $20K....its crazy, but some people are willing to pay up for a game ! I wouldn't do it, but some will

#790 3 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

No, you certainly should have an opinion on it. I was just wondering why you wanted them to rerun it if you already had one. But you want more for others to enjoy. Thanks!

I have one as well and I hope they remake the game. I'd actually like to see JJP have spare parts....my opinion is they probably won't because they don't have the financial capital to pull it off....JJP has known for a year what a hit this game is and they haven't done squat about it. They don't even stock spare parts so thats clearly not a great sign.

#794 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Nah, there are owners in the past page posting what they actually sold for. 12k after a month of being advertised is pretty common. Just the reality.
What someone asks is rarely the sale price.
Seems most are asking 12.5 or more.
Appears they are selling at 12 or less after time on the market. Reality of all high priced new games it they always go down over time.

It really just depends on geographic area, game condition, upgrades, and game plays....I know several that are loaded with almost every mod out there and have sold for $15K....I'm sure some have sold for less than $12K that have no mods, and a shit load of game plays....its a case by case basis....

#796 3 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

He’ll start pumping once he gets one. But until then he accuses everyone of pumping. That’s how whysnow rolls.

He has no clue what games have actually sold for since he doesn't own one and probably never will....

#809 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

My advice would be to tell them about the others that are sitting in the open market for 12.5 k. Save them 2.5k by just being a nice guy and letting them know others are available. Lol

Dude I get your pissed you can't afford one, but give it a rest...

#812 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Lol. How many times have you bought and sold this game?
I think we all have lots to learn. That is the beauty of life. Granted, I am pretty spot on with the pinball market.

Ummm. That is pretty funny. My finances are zero of you business, but safe to say that a POTC would just be 1% of my pinball collection. That said, I will just buy NIB on the next run at 9.5k. I see no reason to deal with the defective playfields when that has been fixed going fwd.

Totally agree its none of my business, but clearly u are upset at the current pricing of a POTC LE. If you want one than go buy one...there are plenty of great games with no issues .... your never gonna get one at $9500...its a pipe dream

#821 3 years ago

Are you serious? Wonka CE are readily available! From what I understand they didn’t even come close to selling out. The demand for $12,500 NIB games is VERY limited. IMHO if JJP raises their pricing to $12,500 on new in box games they won’t be in business very much longer.

I'm sure the number would drop some, but not much....TBL is selling at $12.5K and its not half the game POTC is....people who can drop $10K on a game could care less about another couple grand if its a game they really want.

#824 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

The main reason that TBL is selling for that price is because there are only around 100 of them. If there was 1000 of them like JPOTC, it would be a $7k game.
When the time is right there will be more JPOTC made. Its just a matter of when and at what price. I like the game (mainly the layout and toys) but I'm much more excited to see what Eric does with GNR. Since Slash is involved I have a feeling the theme integration is going to be excellent as the licensor shouldn't be holding them back on that game like on JPOTC.

True, but their now pumping out more games with no end in sight and NIB games are $12.5K, and selling much higher in the market place....the only way POTC get made again is if JJP actually starts making $ on future games or they file BK and sell off their assets

#834 3 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

I’m out at 12K for any game.
10K is my max and it better be damn close to the second coming at that price. I can afford it, but I just feel like I’m getting taken at this level of pricing. And I like Pirates a lot. I play it at the Silverball Museum quite frequently.

Thats my point with JJP games....with shipping and possibly sales tax a JJP LE is over $10K NIB....they couldn't make money at those prices so hopefully by scaling down their games and getting realistic on pricing they can start turning a profit....POTC as a wide body is fully loaded with features. I highly doubt JJP will make another game like it.

#846 3 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Talking JPOTC...WOZ has proven to be their best seller. How did POtC sell again??

No doubt...they've also been selling it since day 1....I've owned two Woz games (RR and ECLE)...I tried to like it, but just couldn't get into it although arguably the best looking game of all time....POTC is in another league

#849 3 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Agreed. WOZ sells on looks (kinda theme) alone. Probably the highest volume game sold to casual HUO players/buyers. But sales are sales right?

Yep...thats clearly JJP's go to game...they always have parts in stock....POTC not so much...

#850 3 years ago

Hey theres a POTC for sale in the marketplace for $9500....there u go boys...put your money where your mouth is

#852 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

That’s an SE no thanks...

Hey its a POTC....same game play with less bling ... just saying

#858 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Pooling and chipping are not a concern of yours? I know it makes you feel more comfortable for you to assume your opposition you're arguing with are babbling idiots and are 100% wrong, but it isn't that simple. They made too few. Yes, they made limited amounts because they fucked things up. They took away vital features and initially pissed people off. That cost them sales, at first. The fact is they screwed stuff up, their target audience realized that even with the disk and trunk mess ups, that the game was still great.
Now they are probably feuding and waiting for Disney to figure out this whole Johnny Depp domestic violence issue, whilst struggling with horrible playfield issues. So yes, I see why more haven't been made. Is cost a factor? Many seem to think so, but all their games are loaded down. That wasn't an issue before and it most likely isn't the only one, now.
Will we jump on any old pirates that comes onto the market place regardless of blatant quality issues? No. Do we still want the game? Of course.
So stop assuming because you have an opinion that the other side must be blatantly retarded. The world doesn't work that way.
Yes, my mind is made up, as you said. It is made up that want one. Not just any on fire piece of shit example. A nice one... as do most of us. Not you obviously, but most of us.

Hey man - u can always do a play field swap if your really worried about it....just saying....as you're never gonna see a NIB game for $9500

#861 3 years ago
Quoted from Breger1:

I have an SE, not by choice, but late purchaser and only one I could find. I put $1k into it and I think it's better than a non-mod LE.

Its basically the same game minus a few nice items....I like all the LE upgrades although I don't think the powder coating is that great

#863 3 years ago
Quoted from Trooper11040:

The only differences from what I remember were the following:
Star Map
Spinning Pop Bumper Toys
Powder Coated Rails
Devils Triangle
Invisglass
Sound Control
Shaker Motor
I ended up adding a devils triangle...got it from a guy who had an LE who bought an extra, Shaker Motor, Sound Control Mod and the after
market star map...makes the game more personal...and I also love the stainless vs the powder coat!

sounds about right...all are good upgrades although I still don't know whats up on the star map I somehow always convince myself it makes sense to pay another $1K on JJP games ...shaker, glass, exterior volume/headphone jack, and powder coating alone are worth almost that amount.

#875 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

that a petition page is silly...
If people have interest, then contact your distributor. Your distributor is the link to the manufacturer and has more sway and value in their data.

why contact your distributor when u can purchase directly from JJP?....just go to the source...that way they know people really really really want to get this game built....I'm sure they'll get right on it

#877 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

actually a good point.
Calling your distributor AND JJP is not a bad idea at all.

Exactly, because JJP doesn't already know this information so they need their distribution network to remind them...otherwise they might forget to order parts

#895 3 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

What a shame to hobble such beautiful games.

why? clearly they are making the LE game more enticing to the buyer...for me personally its pretty easy to justify an additional $1K on JJP games.

#898 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I personally really dislike color changing GI. Totally cool with white. Color changing inserts is more than enough.
Granted I focus on playing games and less on lighting and modding and other accessories.

well now you know what version of POTC to buy...don't buy the LE ...too many nice upgrades

#909 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

I don’t get the argument that the royalties are too insignificant for Disney to extend the license if that is needed. Why license in the first place then? Lots of companies have a portion of their business made up of things that would be insignificant standing alone but together contribute a decent amount of revenue. If they took the view that they only worked on individual items that were themselves high value, they would lose a lot of aggregate income. And, while it may be insignificant to Disney as a whole, Disney is made up of different divisions and departments all with their own fiscal goals. This income is significant to someone, even if just an individual licensing manager. Why not renew if required? Every cent counts in this economy, and since the decision was already made to license the rights to a pin in the first place, it doesn’t take that much more work.

My guess is licensing isn't a big issue. Why would JJP even start building a game if there wasn't a clear path to continue to build future games. I think the bigger issue is strictly cash flow. My sincere hope is they build more of these games so they can stock spare parts. Clearly the demand is there, and JJP already knows this. That being said there is almost zero chance the game will sell for $9500....my guess is if they see some success with the next few titles then they will do another small run of POTC and price the game at market value ($12.5K+)...I know this irritates some, but why would JJP leave money on the table? Yes they would sell less units, but at a much higher profit with less cash outlay....

#914 3 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Because 12.5K is the market value due to at least 2 factors: 1) limited number of machines that have been built, and 2) the fear that no more will be made by JJP.
If (or when) JJP starts making them again those first 2 factors become less of a force at raising the price of the pin. JJP will likely price it closer to 9.5K - 10.5K in order to sell units in the volume they would like. If they have a new LE that people think looks better, and the PF's are in great shape it could affect the price of the current ones.

Dreams are free boys ! I just hope they make more games so they start stocking spare parts.

#916 3 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

For sure...we may never get parts for Hobbit ...

Things are never good when you can't support your existing customer base.

#919 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

PFs will be better. They seem to have solved that issue.
It will also impact the current versions. I actually think the ever increasing numbers of ones changing hands are indicative of that already; even the realistic possibility is enough to sway some to sell (or not buy and wait it out)

maybe...maybe not...mine is perfect....the good news is you won't have to fork over any cash, because theres little chance they'll make a standard game. We all know u don't like to pay for all the nice upgrades that are on the LE....

#933 3 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

I wonder how much Hilton would say this game is worth if he already owned one...

Good question, but unfortunately I highly doubt he'll ever own the game...its too expensive and way too high tech for his taste...I mean come on who would want RGB lighting

#954 3 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Even 10K is on the high side for me. If JJP can't make LE's for less than 10 thousand bucks (POTC or any other pin in the near future) I am not going to be a NIB JJP customer - and will have to go to second hand
But that's ok...I may not be their target audience if that is the case.
I could do standards - but I won't...

At some point the states are going to catch up with collecting taxes....I totally agree that their pricing is over the top, but I think its wishful thinking they'll keep the price the same....their not gonna leave $ on the table

#956 3 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Here's a bedroom use only game! Let's see who really wants one..
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/96043

Someone's gonna get a great game

#963 3 years ago
Quoted from Silverballer:

I want to warn everyone that I am feeling old and cranky right now so bear with me. The way I read this thread is that there is a group of owners that do not want this game remade. Then there is a group that do want it made but at an acceptable price. Then there is me. Game looks fun but even the lowest price mentioned is still too damn high. Arrrghh

Well here's the good news....u don't have to read this thread nor fork out any cash for the game...all good

#964 3 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Yes! Just because the whole family loves the game doesn't mean we play all day. You guys crack me up with all the speculation and for your information, this baby is all but sold and still have 5 guys in line.

Some people go crazy playing games (god bless them)....my LE has 161 plays so yes they sometime sit around for weeks prior to turning them on

#974 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Why did the 9500 se take so long to sell? How much and to whom did the 15k one sell to? There are more questions than answers at this point.

Who cares who bought the game...the point is a great game with multiple nice mods sold for $15K...pretty simple....

#978 3 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

No speculation. I restated what you said in your for sale ad. I just find it funny how the two contradict each other. Glad you got your asking price. Now you can buy several more games that your family loves....to stare at.

161 plays?! How long have you owned it for? I love how you say people are crazy for playing a game they spent 10K for but the people that don't play them are not. That is a good one!

I actually didn't mean it in a bad way (crazy in a good way)....some people put thousands of games on their pins in just a few months (I wish I had the time)....with all my kids running around its just not reality on my end. I've had mine for almost a year....my 4 year old MMRLE only has than 200 plays.....

#986 3 years ago

Owners don't need to pump the game as it does that on its own....for myself would I sell my game?...possibly because it doesn't get played very much due to time constraints....

3 weeks later
#1017 3 years ago
Quoted from HarryReimer:

Boggles the mind that you would NOT remake them with such a demand. Get pre-orders and remake them when you hit 250 orders.... Why would you be against making money?

Not disagreeing with you, but I highly doubt JJP has the money to make more games....they can't even stock spare parts....

#1018 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Yeah it would be crazy not to make more given the demand and prices. I recently bought both a R&M and JP Premium NIB for less than what people are asking for JPOTC Le's.

Their not just asking...POTC LE's in great shape with mods are selling 15K+ .... probably because the likelihood of JJP remaking the game is small

#1023 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

If I had a quarter for every single time I saw you post this mad hatter theory, I'd be halfway to owning a pirates. Enough with this. Just because you keep saying something doesn't make it into being.
Every time I read it I do a double take to make sure I'm not looking at an old post. Nope. Yet another post almost exactly as the others. Your theory is flawed. There are parts for woz that aren't in stock, yet shockingly they keep making that game. How can this be?!?!

Dreams are free....apparently this "mad hatter" theory to date has been proven correct....JJP hasn't stocked wire forms for POTC is almost a year....WOZ is a game they've made from day 1 so not a surprise they have parts.

#1027 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

wait a min... you have been blabbering on about them not making anymore for this whole time... because they dont have any wireforms on hand?
Don't worry, there will be wireforms made for the next run, but that is a part that is contracted out and made JIT.
That is a part that gets ordered to the exact number with very little overage as it is completely game specific.
They can also be easily remade, with a simple re-order to the contractor. 1 month to blast out a full run. 1 month to get powder coated. Granted, JJP likely wont release those parts until the next run is announced officially.

I hope your right, but I wouldn't hold my breath....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 39.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 20.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PtownPin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/will-jjp-make-more-potc?tu=PtownPin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.