9C3D70C2-74F8-4976-BF46-4CCB358F95ED (resized).jpeg
db8ae21c1fb11be199b651a559856849ce2cc1d0.png (resized).jpg
b0542f34c415d82d332f106cef32569bfebe1dd5 (resized).jpg
inconceivable (resized).jpg
post (resized).JPG
F36C7D82-6837-4E05-9DCE-9E45B466E428 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20200724-150800_Chrome (resized).jpg
47A75E61-189F-429D-A120-EF8279C6AE51 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinballTilt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#57 4 years ago

Jack has shown himself to make more games if they'll sell. I'm of the opinion that they'll make more. I think the rumors of difficulty assembling are just that, BS likely from people who own the games and want the price to go up. Jack has also shown that he increases the price on new versions, so there may be some truth to that, we'll have to see.

His comments at the WOZ reveal are very clear that he wants to build up demand and if it's there he has the license and can (in my opinion WILL) make more

#94 4 years ago
Quoted from FalconDriver:

JDepp is out from Disney so his likeness on the play field/decals and elsewhere is history
so therefore a change would have to be done on any new rerun down the line.
Disney is planning a new reboot of the whole Pirates thing.

And you know the contract details? You know for a fact that the contract jjp has for the next two or so years does not in fact allow them to continue making the game in it's current form? All the games made since Johnny Depp was booted from Disney are being recalled?

Come on man, give us a break.

1 week later
#389 4 years ago

Well, I just watched the special when lit Wonka stream. They called Jersey Jack and eventually got to talking about pirates. Everyone should watch it as I'll do a poor job of summarizing. The one statement that stuck out to me was Jack saying he would love to make more but it won't be this year.

1 month later
#441 4 years ago

Someone reported that jjp can't cover a warped map disk under warranty because they have no parts. So that at least means they haven't stocked up for another run yet

6 months later
#471 4 years ago

Looks like Johnny Depp may be back for his Jack Sparrow role. Cross another excuse off the list for why they won't remake it. I was thinking they would announce another run soon, but with the factory move who knows what's going on now

https://insidethemagic.net/2020/02/rumors-johnny-depp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-ro1/

#476 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

not sure why this significantly helps the case? Think about tron - last I checked no actor was in hot water yet that game continues to not be vaulted. There is only one reason. Disney. They are a pain in the ass. And that game is simple to make too. Another reason IJ will be very tough to redo.
No one knows for sure but there are a lot of boxes to be checked off on this one!

If you've been following this thread, almost every post saying why they won't make more said Johnny Depp and Disney had a falling out. I'm pointing out they may have made up. Also, Disney has no reason to renew the Tron license other than money, at least with pirates they could spin it as promoting the franchise that has a new movie coming soon.

2 months later
#606 3 years ago

Yeah, I don't buy this rumor that the price would be $12,000. They were making money on this game at the price they sold them for, assuming the opposite is assuming everyone at jjp can't understand a BOM. Maybe not as much as they wanted especially given the sales, but they made money.

And the comment about contact your distributor isn't new, Jack said that many many months ago in an interview. They clearly will make more if there is demand. I agree the inflated price is due to the scarcity. If more get made the price comes down. Sorry folks, just my opinion and you are entitled to yours. I'd buy another standard at the original price, so I guess I should contact my distro

#636 3 years ago

I have reached out to a distributor asking to be placed on the list. Put me on the pinside list of the jjp list! I did specify I'm interested at original pricing though

#641 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Assembling a list of potential buyers is a waste of time....conversation probably goes like this:
Distributor "would u be interested in a new POTC LE if they remade the game"
Potential buyer "sure I'm interested, when are they building it and whats the price"..."
Distributor "Ahhh not sure, but I assume its the same"
Potential buyer "well let me know when u know"
Complete waste of time

Well here's how my conversation went. No lies, exactly how it went down

Me- I'd like to get on a list to buy pirates at the original price if more are made
Dist- great. I'm putting a list together and sending it to JJP this week. Thanks for your business
Me- thanks!

Also, for all we know gnr is waiting on approvals and those people are furloughed. This could be a way for them to make money and troubleshoot their line

#646 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

no doubt....what if they ask for 50% down non refundable? what if they raise the price to $12.5 ? Until people know the terms and whether or not its reality its a waste of time. I know u guys all want this game at $9.5, but if JJP was smart there is little chance that will happen.....they have very few parts in stock so they would have to order all new so why not order different powder coating, make a few weeks to the play field art, order a special $5 plaque, and call in limited and raise the price to whatever they want....their costs are still the same, but the margins are far greater....

I would happily give a deposit if they wanted one and the details were shared with me. JJP isn't a company that's going to take your money and run and I think at $8500 for the standard, that's to much game to pass up.

Anyway, this has been fun but I'm going to wait for further information. This is clearly an inflammatory topic once people stand to lose money possibly pending jjps decision

#907 3 years ago

All the pieces to this puzzle have been revealed, it's up to you whether you want to put them together and believe them. Jack said "what's wrong with building a little demand" in regards to when/if it would be remade. Jjp has a history of making new editions of games. JJP has the license per Jack to make more. JJP has already paid all the costs to design this and have the molds/fixturing/training done, they can reap a higher profit now by just paying their overhead and parts cost on any new run.

We need some sort of betting in this thread from the strongest voices on each side. The loser has to pay money to charity

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 38.00
$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinballTilt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/will-jjp-make-more-potc?tu=PinballTilt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.