9C3D70C2-74F8-4976-BF46-4CCB358F95ED (resized).jpeg
db8ae21c1fb11be199b651a559856849ce2cc1d0.png (resized).jpg
b0542f34c415d82d332f106cef32569bfebe1dd5 (resized).jpg
inconceivable (resized).jpg
post (resized).JPG
F36C7D82-6837-4E05-9DCE-9E45B466E428 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20200724-150800_Chrome (resized).jpg
47A75E61-189F-429D-A120-EF8279C6AE51 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CLEllison.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#66 4 years ago

I'm absolutely sure of one thing, if I buy ANY new JJP game I will request an uncleared pf be sent to Ron Kruzman to be cleared and used instead of that factory Mirco cleared garbage.

#306 4 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

You have people WANTING a product that, for whatever reason, you cannot make more of; doesn't this sound like something is wrong??

Common sense apparently is not so common. I agree! The game is feature rich and makes me wonder if expense to profit didnt exactly pan out. It also appears the game had a fair amount of mechanical issues out of the box and a crap clear coat job. If what I just said is true, they'd be a fool to run another batch honestly. I think they're in the mode of on to bigger and better things (except GNR) gack! Lol

#334 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Clearcoat job was fine (nice, actually). They just didn't let it cure long enough. It was still too soft on the layers underneath when they started bolting stuff to it.

That literally makes it a garbage clear job.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#371 4 years ago

This is another Mirco product. Absolute junk. The rolling out pooling around the posts was blamed on over tightening and the chipping and ink blow out all happened within 6 months of being routed. This behaviour happened with 2 playfields purchases with 6 months of one another. Also the holes on one playfield was 1/8" off and the rail holes were drilled crooked. Jjp better pull the f-ing plug on using Mirco ir until he fixes his weak ass product. The clear coat is soft ... like you can push a finger nail into it soft. That's NOT how it should be but yet he claims its intentional not to mention he says protectors must be used or the clear will ship. Yes I have email conversations as proof. This guy needs to step up and fix his shit end of story. I appreciate this man reproducing things for this hobby but if the product sucks why even bother?

19016 (resized).jpeg19016 (resized).jpeg19235 (resized).jpeg19235 (resized).jpeg
#386 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I still haven’t picked up one of these games but I plan to after we get back from our trip. I will say that Ron kruzman’s playfield install kit will be a lifesaver in addressing the clear issues.
He sells a kit that has routing bits for drilling out a newly cleared playfield - but what they are also good for is cleaning up broken bits of clear when issues like this arise - and he also sells a special glue which is thin enough to seep into cracks and spaces to seal up any gaps.
The glue is Also super sticky and adheres to the clear, and helps to reattach bits which have broken off. It’s not as good as doing it right the first time, but it’s FAR less work than doing a PF swap, and makes that almost not a necessity to get the game back to fighting condition.

I think your enthusiasm for Ron's kit is going to end up in disappointment. His kit, yes is meant to do exactly as you stated however it was designed to work with properly cured clear and you're not dealing with a properly cured clear coat. I did buy his kit and it's super nice, but I HIGHLY suggest you email him and ask him if itll work on that issue. I'll bet you he says no and has some other choice words of advise about the manufacturer.

1 year later
#1245 3 years ago

I'm wondering if this machine was produced in such low numbers due to it being a technological nightmare?

AND/OR

They wanted to wait until they were out of danger from law suits due to the infamous crap Mirco clear coat debacle. Mean while they had to keep moving forward to stay alive. If the problem was the playfield debacle then I largely suspect JJP will make another run. If it's the technological nightmare theory then they'll wash their hands of it and never look back. LTG does a lot of support. He'd have an opinion I'd value on the tech matter.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CLEllison.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/will-jjp-make-more-potc?tu=CLEllison and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.