9C3D70C2-74F8-4976-BF46-4CCB358F95ED (resized).jpeg
db8ae21c1fb11be199b651a559856849ce2cc1d0.png (resized).jpg
b0542f34c415d82d332f106cef32569bfebe1dd5 (resized).jpg
inconceivable (resized).jpg
post (resized).JPG
F36C7D82-6837-4E05-9DCE-9E45B466E428 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20200724-150800_Chrome (resized).jpg
47A75E61-189F-429D-A120-EF8279C6AE51 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,366 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 28.
#1 4 years ago

I know this has been the subject of speculation in other threads as of late, especially some of the for sale threads. But, I wanted to have a more complete discussion in a thread where we could focus on the topic, without taking away from someone's desire to sell their game.

So, let me say that I have become really interested in getting a JJPOTC lately. The LEs are gone, but up until recently, it seemed like there were some SEs to be found. I was thinking about trying to sell one of my games to raise some funds, but now it seems that the SEs are disappearing. I'm talking about NIB versions, of course.

I know the launch of the game didn't go as planned, but it seems like interest and desire have really picked up. I'm hoping that JJP makes another run of these.

What do you think? Would you be interested? I know JJP pays attention to these threads, and I'm sure they know that the desire is out there again. So, for me, I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

#2 4 years ago

Add a poll

#3 4 years ago

Fine.

#4 4 years ago

I’d be interested in the future. Seems like JJP made many runs of Woz and why can’t they do the same with POTC?

#5 4 years ago

I would be interested in an LE from what I’ve seen on video. I would just need to take a spin or two before committing. I live in a rural area so finding one to try out is a challenge.

#6 4 years ago

If demand is there of course they will....that being said I wouldn't be surprised if they raised the price...

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

I would be interested in an LE from what I’ve seen on video. I would just need to take a spin or two before committing. I live in a rural area so finding one to try out is a challenge.

There's one a couple of hours from your area at Stonehedge in Akron.

Stonehedge Entertainment
580 E Cuyahoga Falls Ave, Akron, OH 44310
(330) 928-2161
https://maps.app.goo.gl/GjRywAXVADgCPpad9

I drive here from Pittsburgh, two hours away, and find myself playing it.....even though I own it. It's just that good!

#8 4 years ago

No, I believe it's done.

#9 4 years ago

I don’t think it will be back on the line-Too many issues and they reportedly made very little profit on the POTC run. Rumors of great new titles on the horizon. If it were to ever be produced again, look for raised prices and slightly reworked mechs.

#10 4 years ago

Licensing may be another issue, but I don’t know how licensing works in the realm of pinball manufacturing. I’ve seen they have the license for 3 years, but does that only count once the games ship or once they have a prototype shown to the public? That could be another factor besides the manufacturing cost with all of the mechs, etc.

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

If demand is there of course they will....that being said I wouldn't be surprised if they raised the price...

This is my prediction too.

They’ll probably strip down the problem areas and tack on a couple more grand. JJP....where the pros cost more than the LE’s

#12 4 years ago

There's alot of smoke and mirrors surrounding this title. Such an aura of high desirability and deep satisfaction. Yet, a surprisingly high number are for sale (out of a low production run?!) It's not hard to acquire one.
Would love to know the true, behind the scenes story, not the one they spin, nor everyone's speculation. The idea that they cut production short because there are too many other great titles to get to doesn't make sense to me.

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from jkleinnd:

There's alot of smoke and mirrors surrounding this title. Such an aura of high desirability and deep satisfaction. Yet, a surprisingly high number are for sale (out of a low production run?!) It's not hard to acquire one.
Would love to know the true, behind the scenes story, not the one they spin, nor everyone's speculation. The idea that they cut production short because there are too many of other great titles to get to doesn't make sense to me.

I think they lost their ass on this title and it was time to cut the anchor.

That delay really hurt the game.

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from jkleinnd:

Would love to know the true, behind the scenes story, not the one they spin, nor everyone's speculation. The idea that they cut production short because there are too many of other great titles to get to doesn't make sense to me.

They made 1000, how many are for sale?

#15 4 years ago

I hope they do make more. Tons!!!

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from jkleinnd:

There are a few LEs for sale or trade that are not exactly flying off the shelf. I doubt they will make more, parts may be an issue as might cost. Demand really only picked up when people realized supply was being cut.

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

They made 1000, how many are for sale?

I count 8 right now on this website alone.

#18 4 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

There is one in West Unity, Ohio at Wyse Guys Pizza.

#19 4 years ago

I bet they are done with Pirates. JJP will lower the next titles standard price even lower than Wonka to compete with the pro’s and DR price points. After Toy Story it’s Harry Potter baby!!!

#21 4 years ago

Your guess is as good as mine. I hope they do. However, they spent so much time and energy on this pin I don't understand why they stopped production so soon. It's not like they have a ton of pins on the line YBR ? and Wonka is now just getting started.

#22 4 years ago

Like someone stated earlier...the only reason they wouldn't produce again is because they can't make enough profit to make sense, which is pretty pathetic at JJP's price points.

#23 4 years ago

Lol, its JJP, they rerun everything. It will happen.

#24 4 years ago

You can summarize the answers to this question, for the most part, this way:

Those that own a JJP POTC LE- NO!! No way they are making more!

Those that don't own a JJP POTC LE- YES! Of course they will be making a ton of them!

There ya go. Thread closed.

#25 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Maybe they lost money when factoring in fixed overheads and labor costs, but making more POTC's would be better than leaving capacity idle in the factory. The cost of direct materials and labor is only a fraction of the $9k+ selling price. Sure, it wouldn't make sense to run more if there is strong and steady demand for more profitable titles, but it's doubtful that they won't have some lulls between titles. And it's hard to imagine that they will come up with another WOZ version to fill the gap - but who knows.

#26 4 years ago

I heard license ran out ? Beautiful game

#27 4 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

You can summarize the answers to this question, for the most part, this way:
Those that own a JJP POTC LE- NO!! No way they are making more!
Those that don't own a JJP POTC LE- YES! Of course they will be making a ton of them!
There ya go. Thread closed.

As a JJP POTC LE owner, I object! My response to the OP's question is simply:

Hell if I know. I'm just happy I own one! Great game!

#28 4 years ago

After talking with Jack a couple of weeks ago, I’d bet on it, specifically more LEs.

#29 4 years ago

i wonder what mint, huo, heavily modded Pirates would sell for in 2 years if JJP doesn’t re-run them. At that point the license would most likely have ran out, and the sky’s the limit on those games.

#30 4 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

It will happen.

Quoted from dts:

I’d bet on it,

Read post #20

LTG : )

#31 4 years ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

i wonder what mint, huo, heavily modded Pirates would sell for in 2 years if JJP doesn’t re-run them. At that point the license would most likely have ran out, and the sky’s the limit on those games.

$10K by Christmas

#32 4 years ago

Basically it’s a stunning machine but I’m hard pressed to spend more than they already cost for one. It’s basically the cost of

Met pro and TWD pro
SM and Tspp
Potc and IM
GoT and GB pro

which at that point I’m looking at two nice pins.

#33 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Read post #20

Why do you think no, Lloyd?

#34 4 years ago

This is a very easy question to answer because its already been answered by Jack himself. Jack said never say never, and he said whats wrong with building up demand. That is what he said at the unveil of YBR. He also said they had the license for like 3 more years or something.

So with that being said, when you see those games selling used for 10,500 a grand over new, the answer is yes you'll see more.

I predict you'll see more between Wonka and GNR. I'm betting you'll hear they're making 250 more, and I also think it will only be LE, and the price will go up to 10k.

I'm predicting that GNR will be released at IAAPA in November and will go on the line in December. That is my bet so somewhere between November and December you'll hear about 250 more LE's being made.

They already know if they had the parts they could sell more, and several of those games sat on the line while waiting for parts. I'm betting there is an order now for parts to make 200 to 300 more. They'll wait this time until ALL the parts are in and on the shelf.

#35 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

I heard license ran out ?

A lot of people on pinside talk out of the side of their ass... just watch the video of the unveil of YBR Jack himself answered that question. He said they have the license for 2 or 3 more years. There are so many people on this site that make up rumors when they don't know a damn thing, I guess that's what makes things interesting. Heck they do the same thing in sports, movie industry and it just never ends even in pinball.

#36 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Why do you think no, Lloyd?

I know who the person is that posted no.

#37 4 years ago

Jack would be crazy to leave money on the table like this Lloyd.
LE x 1000 units at 10.5k.....
Thats a lot of math. $$$

#38 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I know who the person is that posted no.

That would be unfortunate. I hope it plays out differently and they run another 500.

#39 4 years ago

Still with the smoke and mirrors.
- Supposed insiders are hinting (saying?) no. Jack says he's open to it, and never say never, and/ or just outright yes.
- Demand is high? Best pin ever, you'll never get rid of. Yet a few too many hitting the 2nd hand market.

This thread is revealing nothing.

#40 4 years ago
Quoted from jkleinnd:

- Demand is high? Best pin ever, you'll never get rid of. Yet a few too many hitting the 2nd hand market.
This thread is revealing nothing.

I’m a “best pin ever” owner that still firmly holds that belief. As enticed as I was by the prices to sell it, I haven’t thought about selling mine yet. I’d guess the sales posts you see about it are because other owners were understandably enticed to sell at the prices the games were going for, no matter how great the game is. Have to admit I thought about it.

Separately, I totally agree for the price you can get two amazing games instead as a poster said above. In my case, I only have room for one pin (working on more room) and it was a no brainer which one pin was the best for me.

Lastly, re: this thread, I have no idea if they’re gonna make it again. As good as the game is, I have to believe Wonka and if true Toy Story will blow POTC sales out of the water so I’d guess they’d push those through the line first. Combine that with the quality control issues the game has had out of the factory plus the build cost of the game given its many, many mechs (compared to Wonka etc) and I can see why they wouldn’t run it no matter the high-ish demand.

#41 4 years ago

Yes I now realize I said I haven’t thought about it and then I have thought about it in same paragraph. I’m too tired for accurate forum posts....

#42 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

That delay really hurt the game.

The delay didn't hurt them the most, it was the cuts to the disc and the chest mech at the last minute that caused a LOT of orders to be cancelled.

Who knew the chest lid would be figured out by modders after the fact and the 3 disc mech wouldn't matter with so much else awesome stuff in the game? JJP had a pretty massive hit only they didn't know it and neither did the community until people started getting hands on it, and by then it was too late, production had been cut and the end was set.

#43 4 years ago

I don't think so (not just saying that because I have one, I wish everybody could own this awesomely fun and whimsical game) but you never know.

Why NO?

1. because LTG knows peeps and doesn't BS

2. IMO JJP is moving away from lavish Cadillac experiences and moving towards games that are more traditional "great shooters" with less mechs to misfire etc...so more route/location oriented (more in line with the Stern biz model)

3. demand for this title was quite poor all things considered until JJP announced they were pulling it from the line

4. there were numerous mechanical issues and manufacturing this particular game was tough and time consuming

5. JJP want to be done with this and move on to Wonka/TS/GNR. They realize the damage the delays in release are doing to their brand. 2019-2020 isn't 2014 and there are simply too many players to be waving a magic wand in front of the community and saying "oooh, look at all the cool stuff we want to put in our new Cadillac game!"...and taking forever to bring it to market. People have their WoZs; Hobbits with the movie clips; PotC with all the toys and mechs. Those titles are all special in their way but they are equally an *experience* as much as a pinball machine...and I believe this is almost feeling passe in the current climate. IMO JJP are intent to increase speed of production on the line and get the new titles to market faster

#44 4 years ago

Mr Pinball in Australia has 15 more LEs coming in.

#45 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer67:

3. demand for this title was quite poor all things considered until JJP announced they were pulling it from the line

Announcing the game was being pulled isn't the reason for demand. It's just that enough people FINALLY got to put their hands on one and play it and discovered it's awesome. Unfortunately, that happened AFTER Wonka was already pushed into the jjPotC line so no way to quickly reverse course.

It's a very Medieval Madness/Cirqus Voltaire line situation.

#46 4 years ago

Postgate certainly hasn't helped this game.

Never say never if there is money to be made though.

#47 4 years ago

Seems to me the official stance, of course, would be to say there will be no more machines. But if there is demand for another 500, a waitlist even, why wouldn’t JJP do more to keep the line moving between runs? They have figured out the various issues. It is a complete product. I bet they will, even though Lloyd is basically always right. As an owner of an LE and a Standard, I’d benefit from no more. But as an enthusiast, I’d love to see more out there. It’s that good and deserves another run. In my case, I bailed after triple disc-gate but really wanted a JJP. I was considering giving DILE another chance but mostly wanted to see Wonka. After the reveal, I realized JJPOTC is the best of them all and ended up with two, for now.

#48 4 years ago

JJP is moving on....Game costs too much to make, I can't even get replacement parts under warranty.

#49 4 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

JJP is moving on....Game costs too much to make, I can't even get replacement parts under warranty.

What parts?

#50 4 years ago

I've already emailed Jen in JJP sales to express my disappointment in missing out. I was planning to purchase a standard or LE this month and had been working towards that. It sucks that Lloyd's indicated there are no plans on future production. Hopefully if there's enough people who write in expressing interest they will reconsider another run.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 38.00
$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
There are 1,366 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 28.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/will-jjp-make-more-potc?hl=clg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.