9C3D70C2-74F8-4976-BF46-4CCB358F95ED (resized).jpeg
db8ae21c1fb11be199b651a559856849ce2cc1d0.png (resized).jpg
b0542f34c415d82d332f106cef32569bfebe1dd5 (resized).jpg
inconceivable (resized).jpg
post (resized).JPG
F36C7D82-6837-4E05-9DCE-9E45B466E428 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20200724-150800_Chrome (resized).jpg
47A75E61-189F-429D-A120-EF8279C6AE51 (resized).jpeg

There are 1,366 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 28.
#401 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Just joined the club!! Couldn’t be happier with this ridiculous machine. It may never leave.. and not JUST because it’s over 400lbs...

You finally got one???

Used or new?

Sucker is disturbingly heavy.

#402 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Great new invention that might fix the star post problem. Man, wish the pin companies would have had these available... [quoted image]

If these are plastic, something very much like this is already on the bottom of the posts on the slings for most (all?) jjPotC from the factory.

#403 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

You finally got one???
Used or new?
Sucker is disturbingly heavy.

Used but spotless, and heavy as hell!!

#404 4 years ago

Nov, and December build and not an issue granted I haven't made it my lifes mission to hunt for issues lol. We play the heck out of it and love it more each time. Only wish I played better...

#405 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Used but spotless, and heavy as hell!!

I had to break mine down into three pieces to get it up the stairs because of our landing. Head, cabinet, and playfield. All the connections were in the head, and I was able to put it back together without issues ... but I took lots of pics.

#406 4 years ago
Quoted from statsdoc:

I had to break mine down into three pieces to get it up the stairs because of our landing. Head, cabinet, and playfield. All the connections were in the head, and I was able to put it back together without issues ... but I took lots of pics.

That’s what I did, and typically what I do for all games now. I decided to bring the cab down the stairs with the playfield still in the game this time - it just felt less heavy than Hobbit.

The backbox is super heavy on POTC though, so that requires assistance to reattach. Only PITA is the cabinet woofer connector and the USB extensions, both of which connect to the Computer inside the PC box itself.
But not that hard to deal with

#407 4 years ago

I was lucky enough to get myself an le. I LOVE this game. BUT, I don’t know about everyone else but it took a lot of tweaking to get it playing solid. Mine does have playfield issues and i did order th replacement at a cost of 550+shipping, which is a total joke - what’s the point of a warranty? Anyway, not to get off topic,

Realistically, i think if the demand is there and jjp feels they can make $, they will remake it at some point, and unless something changes will still have pf issues....but it may be a different art package as JD is no longer part of the franchise.

#408 4 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

I was lucky enough to get myself an le. I LOVE this game. BUT, I don’t know about everyone else but it took a lot of tweaking to get it playing solid. Mine does have playfield issues and i did order th replacement at a cost of 550+shipping, which is a total joke - what’s the point of a warranty? Anyway, not to get off topic,
Realistically, i think if the demand is there and jjp feels they can make $, they will remake it at some point, and unless something changes will still have pf issues....but it may be a different art package as JD is no longer part of the franchise.

My opinion is that the tweaking may be why they don’t produce it again. I have slight playfield issues, and had to replace the launch wireform and the button on the lockdown bar. The autolaunch was a major headache and the screws attaching it to the playfield were “stripped”. Also, don’t forget the damage that the t-nut in the map hole was doing to the balls, which would eventually chew up the playfield unless the problem is rectified. Lots of tweaking past that ... but I would buy it again in a heartbeat. That said, the enormity of dialing in this machine is not for a non-pinhead. I think selling this machine to the masses would be a support nightmare. The team at JJP (Steve and Shannan) have been great, but I am sure it is easier to deal with someone that somewhat knows what they are doing. So, how many more machines can they sell to pinheads? I guess that is the question. Mine is not leaving.

#409 4 years ago
Quoted from statsdoc:

My opinion is that the tweaking may be why they don’t produce it again. I have slight playfield issues, and had to replace the launch wireform and the button on the lockdown bar. The autolaunch was a major headache and the screws attaching it to the playfield were “stripped”. Also, don’t forget the damage that the t-nut in the map hole was doing to the balls, which would eventually chew up the playfield unless the problem is rectified. Lots of tweaking past that ... but I would buy it again in a heartbeat. That said, the enormity of dialing in this machine is not for a non-pinhead. I think selling this machine to the masses would be a support nightmare. The team at JJP (Steve and Shannan) have been great, but I am sure it is easier to deal with someone that somewhat knows what they are doing. So, how many more machines can they sell to pinheads? I guess that is the question. Mine is not leaving.

I have a game from the last run and haven’t had to do much at all and don’t have playfield issues. All I’ve really had to do is tighten upper flipper mech, secure a ramp opto and adjust the spotlight under the shooter lane. I haven’t touched the bp. I think that’s really all I’ve done to it.

#410 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I have a game from the last run and haven’t had to do much at all and don’t have playfield issues. All I’ve really had to do is tighten upper flipper mech, secure a ramp opto and adjust the spotlight under the shooter lane. I haven’t touched the bp. I think that’s really all I’ve done to it.

I have a late run SE with silicon washers under the sling posts, but it didn’t stop the problem. It appears that all of the issues were still not rectified at the end, but I am happy that you got one that was relatively trouble free. That said, you would certainly be more capable of fixing problems than either me or the general population.

#411 4 years ago

I unboxed mine and plugged it in. Besides adjusting a vuk setting, it's been flawless. I have yet to lift the playfield or open the back box.

#412 4 years ago
Quoted from statsdoc:

I have a late run SE with silicon washers under the sling posts, but it didn’t stop the problem. It appears that all of the issues were still not rectified at the end, but I am happy that you got one that was relatively trouble free. That said, you would certainly be more capable of fixing problems than either me or the general population.

Wow, that is a bummer. Just luck of the draw I guess. My SE was a relatively early one. I put mylar and the JJP washers under the posts and they had no damage after a couple hundred plays. Sorry for you issues. Best wishes.

#413 4 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

Wow, that is a bummer. Just luck of the draw I guess. My SE was a relatively early one. I put mylar and the JJP washers under the posts and they had no damage after a couple hundred plays. Sorry for you issues. Best wishes.

Thank you, but all is good. The playfield problems are under the star posts from the JJP kit and everything else has been addressed. I am still thrilled to own it ... just not sure that many people in the public would feel the same given the situation.

#414 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I unboxed mine and plugged it in. Besides adjusting a vuk setting, it's been flawless. I have yet to lift the playfield or open the back box.

It makes good sense to do some preventative adjustments, like cut down that protruding T nut in the map hole, or install some neoprene washers at sling posts. You know... just in case.

I'd say almost all the games now showing damage were flawless when they were unboxed. The damage comes in time, with repeated use.

#415 4 years ago
Quoted from statsdoc:

I did put down neoprene washers, just in case. I enjoy tweaking games, most times. When I did put those washers on, the hammer was coming out of the slings so I installed double star posts. This is a pretty complicated game, but the mechs are really not very unusual, uses bw parts and troubleshooting is similar.

#416 4 years ago

I would agree with the map comment, I think every game will have this issue.

Here is a good preflight example I helped a friend with 2 weeks ago on a nib se. First they sent improper legs lol.. two where shorter than the other 2.

Anyway, immediately removed the pearl and the subway. trimmed the t nut and reinstalled, then.

Installed Cliffy’s on the map hole Vuk, depths, and rollover switches.
Installed neoprene washers on slings.
Had to adjust switches in about 5 different areas.
Adjusted the light fuse magnet coil armature for the door on the black pearl
Had to adjust the armature on the trunk ball release.
Had to touch up chipped areas on the playfield - brand new game - blew my mind.

So to summarize I don’t think every nib game would need this extent of adjustment / preventative maintenance but this one did, and basically so did my le.

After setting up 3 different pirates myself, I could see the quality control was just not there on this game. Which leads me to believe the costs where getting too high potentially.

#417 4 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Just checked out the "this week in pinball" with the interview with Jack from earlier in the month. Jack's comments were approximately: "well... we'd have to talk amongst ourselves to decide whether we make POTC again. There's a lot of stuff in that game.. I know there's a lot of demand, but we want to keep producing more games..."

wOw. First time I'd read /heard something that implies they really had a huge challenge with this game. Looking forward to owning it for years to come...

#418 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Just checked out the "this week in pinball" with the interview with Jack from earlier in the month. Jack's comments were approximately: "well... we'd have to talk amongst ourselves to decide whether we make POTC again. There's a lot of stuff in that game.. I know there's a lot of demand, but we want to keep producing more games..."
wOw. First time I'd read /heard something that implies they really had a huge challenge with this game. Looking forward to owning it for years to come...

Couldn't agree more. Yes with the complexity of this game it will need more adjusting then a traditional game but to me it is More then worth it. Sadly I suspect Pirates has hit the end of the line and (just an opinion) with the viral press they are taking on I suspect they will just let this ship sail vs taking more blows to the bow. Hope I'm wrong though as I suspect it will be a Long time till we see another game of this caliber and the probability of this design dream team happening again is slim.

#419 4 years ago

They should take the spinning disk out all together, maybe even the rocking playfield. That would cut costs and complexity out.

#420 4 years ago
Quoted from Halfwasted:

They should take the spinning disk out all together, maybe even the rocking playfield. That would cut costs and complexity out.

Yeah that idea worked Great for the monkey in WOZ! This title is all of its parts, the parts they already removed almost sunk it.

#421 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Yeah that idea worked Great for the monkey in WOZ! This title is all of its parts, the parts they already removed almost sunk it.

Overstated like so many do but I respect you Yelo so I'm not arguing. POTC got a similar groundswell of love that DI got after it was out and people had a chance to actually play it rather than just watching streams. Then when Jack took the unusual step of announcing that once the orders in place were filled there would be no more production, there was more rush. People love the game and it gets simultaneously hammered from several directions. Maybe it's just the way things are going to be going forward I honestly don't know. Wonka is selling amazingly well right now - how long will that continue? I don't know that either. Hopefully for several weeks or months. I know that Eric is working hard on his next game so for now there are lots of things going on.

#422 4 years ago
Quoted from Halfwasted:

Nerfing the game would be a bad idea. I haven't heard of any problems with the spinner or the rocking playfield (aside from a one-time initial adjustment to the rocking arm for some.)

#423 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Overstated like so many do but I respect you Yelo so I'm not arguing. POTC got a similar groundswell of love that DI got after it was out and people had a chance to actually play it rather than just watching streams. Then when Jack took the unusual step of announcing that once the orders in place were filled there would be no more production, there was more rush. People love the game and it gets simultaneously hammered from several directions. Maybe it's just the way things are going to be going forward I honestly don't know. Wonka is selling amazingly well right now - how long will that continue? I don't know that either. Hopefully for several weeks or months. I know that Eric is working hard on his next game so for now there are lots of things going on.

Hold up I suspect my comment was assumed out of context. You won’t Find a bigger fan or follower of POTC or Eric on this forum! I was simply saying suggestions to strip this beautiful game down to push JJP to make it again would not be received by the masses with love. They couldn’t get past a monkey so change is the last thing people want. Lol. This game is complete pinball Perfection top to bottom!

#424 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Hold up I suspect my comment was assumed out of context. You won’t Find a bigger fan or follower of POTC or Eric on this forum! I was simply saying suggestions to strip this beautiful game down to push JJP to make it again would not be received by the masses with love. They couldn’t get past a monkey so change is the last thing people want. Lol. This game is complete pinball Perfection top to bottom!

No I know very well. I read over what I wrote and I think I should just stop writing posts altogether maybe. Love your stuff.

#425 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

No I know very well. I read over what I wrote and I think I should just stop writing posts altogether maybe. Love your stuff.

And we Love what you and your team do!!! Don't let the few haters sway your inspiration and direction!!!!!!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#426 4 years ago

There is no way they're not making the game again. I don't know why this is debated over and over again. Jack has clearly stated they still have the rights to make more... I think when the used games are now selling for upwards of 2k more than what people paid its going to be made again. Heck Monster Bash prices got way out of control what happened even that was remade. C'mon! LOL

I think the biggest issue with this game is the parts, they probably don't want to place another order without knowing they can move enough machines to make another massive parts order. The demand is there, so I think you'll see more games.

JJP has already put WOZ back into production how many times already. If there is demand more games will be made.

I think you're going to see another 500 LE's created and they will all be sold within the first 10 days.

#427 4 years ago

How about a better debate geared towards someone like YELOWBIRD... will more mods be made?

I want to see a shark and something with captain jack, more props to put onto the ships, maybe some skeleton pirates, c'mon you can do it!

#428 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

How about a better debate geared towards someone like YELOWBIRD... will more mods be made?
I want to see a shark and something with captain jack, more props to put onto the ships, maybe some skeleton pirates, c'mon you can do it!

Lol you Always make us smile! We are SOOO going to visit your awesome escape room soon count on it! As for Pirates I Do hope your right as this game Needs to be shared not collected. To awesome in my opinion. Comparing an Open ended WOZ license to a Disney contract is not exactly the same though... Especially with the scale of this game and its parts. Business is profit and sometimes things just don't equal out sadly. As for new things, Heck yeah you know we never stop just had a slight delay while we expanded the factory. Released the Devils Triangle just today in fact. Still on the fence with the shark though....lol

www.TheModCouplePinball.com

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg
#429 4 years ago

I am still waiting for some cannons and stacks of cannon balls for the Dauntless!

#430 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

There is no way they're not making the game again. I don't know why this is debated over and over again. Jack has clearly stated they still have the rights to make more... I think when the used games are now selling for upwards of 2k more than what people paid its going to be made again. Heck Monster Bash prices got way out of control what happened even that was remade. C'mon! LOL
I think the biggest issue with this game is the parts, they probably don't want to place another order without knowing they can move enough machines to make another massive parts order. The demand is there, so I think you'll see more games.
JJP has already put WOZ back into production how many times already. If there is demand more games will be made.
I think you're going to see another 500 LE's created and they will all be sold within the first 10 days.

Jack himself appeared on a recent podcast, and when asked directly “will more POTC be made?” He said (paraphrasing) “... eeeeeh. Well yeah we’ll see about that. That’s something we’ll have to discuss internally. We have the license, there’s a lot that would go into it. But right now, we are focused on a Wonka and the next game which will be out before the end of the year”

This is definitely not as positive as the other comments I’ve been reading as far as production goes. I think it’s definitely possible that the BOM and engineering cost that went into this game makes it very unlikely to return in its current state. Perhaps they could do another run and charge $11500 for it, but, wow. The price was justified on this game, but only once everyone got their hands on it. At first it was “OMG 10K?!”

#431 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

You won’t Find a bigger fan or follower of POTC or Eric on this forum!

Second biggest....sorry buddy, I get top spot for this one.

#432 4 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

Second biggest....sorry buddy, I get top spot for this one.

Nope, I am the biggest. I plan for this game to be my coffin when I die.

#433 4 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

And selfishly reducing the POTC supply to 999????

#434 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

998! Mine's going to be a mini Pirate attack ship! *honk honk*

#435 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

Well...so far my playfield is perfect, so maybe before it becomes a coffin I can help ya'll out with a great playfield swap. I would not notice any playfield issues when I am gone anyway.

LOL

3 weeks later
#436 4 years ago

Any more updates? 25 days and no word? Any more interviews or conversations with Jack or JJP or inside information?

#437 4 years ago
Quoted from Toppers:

Any more updates? 25 days and no word? Any more interviews or conversations with Jack or JJP or inside information?

Last word I heard was “RRRRRR!” (impying yes) but not this year.

#438 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Last word I heard was “RRRRRR!” (impying yes) but not this year.

I've been reading the RRRRR's as no, it's done.

#439 4 years ago

Barely on topic...

Have you seen this art from Todd schorr. Pirates dream I think. This artist is amazing.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg
#440 4 years ago

Just look at that detail. He has more.

#441 4 years ago

Someone reported that jjp can't cover a warped map disk under warranty because they have no parts. So that at least means they haven't stocked up for another run yet

1 week later
#442 4 years ago

The real questions is let’s assume they do in fact make more games. How much will they cost? $10,500, $11,000? I don’t think they were making any money at $9500. And if they do sell at $9500.. what will the take away from the game (monkey) to make up for it.

#443 4 years ago
Quoted from Toppers:

The real questions is let’s assume they do in fact make more games. How much will they cost? $10,500, $11,000? I don’t think they were making any money at $9500.

Hmmm... that's interesting. They sell new POTC playfields on their website for $1,000 unpopulated. They have offered them at "Cost" - $550.00 - to those owners with bad PF chipping. I'd say that's a healthy mark up. So I'm thinking they are making at least 45-50% margin (not profit mind you) on new pins as well. Those here on Pinside that run a medium to large size business, would hopefully agree that operational costs, employing personnel, building mortgage, business insurance, local taxes, 401k, health care, investor dividends, etc, etc.... it would take at least 45% margin to make even a small profit. So yeah, I think you are right. They are likely not "making money" (or not a lot of it) but they are employing people and giving them a living. Which with a medium size business like JJP, that's a pretty great thing in this day and age. : )

#444 4 years ago

Well if they do make more I hope they use balsa wood for the playfield - so it will be more robust than current ones.

#445 4 years ago

I have a Pirates with over 2000 plays and there isn't a chip anywhere on the game, not a crack, nothing. Its perfect.

Secondly, I do think they will make more because the demand is there. When you look around and see people selling these games for up to $13,500 yeah they're going to make some more for sure. I think it will be a short run, and you'll probably see nothing but LE, and I think the price is going up to probably $10,500.

That is a prediction. If you do see more I'm thinking between the run of Guns and Roses and Willy Wonka. I think they will shut down one line of Willy Wonka for Guns N Roses and before they do you'll pop out more Pirates. That is just a guess.

So I'm thinking maybe in January.

#446 4 years ago

I think they will make more, but it will be a special edition as opposed to any of the editions previously released to keep em all separate, probably with a special price

#447 4 years ago

Sooo happy to have this at home. I do hope there’s another code update though!

#448 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Sooo happy to have this at home. I do hope there’s another code update though!

There's DEFINITELY another code update coming for jjPotC. Probably a number of them. Let's not pressure Keith into another heart attack, though. He's got a lot on his plate!

#449 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

There's DEFINITELY another code update coming for jjPotC. Probably a number of them. Let's not pressure Keith into another heart attack, though. He's got a lot on his plate!

ANOTHER one? Yikes. Yep everybody stay calm. STAY!!!! CALM!!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
20,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
La Cañada Flintridge, CA
There are 1,366 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 28.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/will-jjp-make-more-potc/page/9?hl=toppers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.