9C3D70C2-74F8-4976-BF46-4CCB358F95ED (resized).jpeg
db8ae21c1fb11be199b651a559856849ce2cc1d0.png (resized).jpg
b0542f34c415d82d332f106cef32569bfebe1dd5 (resized).jpg
inconceivable (resized).jpg
post (resized).JPG
F36C7D82-6837-4E05-9DCE-9E45B466E428 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20200724-150800_Chrome (resized).jpg
47A75E61-189F-429D-A120-EF8279C6AE51 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,366 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 28.
#101 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Stern money grab test.

As is JJP CE games

#102 4 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

As is JJP CE games

You get more of actual value with a jjPotC CE than any Stern "rare" Beatles pin or SLE. Crazy money for either, but less crazy with JJP. By far.

#103 4 years ago

Super. So now we have 2 people from JJP saying no. Very unfortunate.

#104 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You get more of actual value with a jjPotC CE than any Stern "rare" Beatles pin or SLE. Crazy money for either, but less crazy with JJP. By far.

If you want rare the POTC standard that was $4000 less was the best buy

#105 4 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

If you want rare the POTC standard that was $4000 less was the best buy

The LE is the best buy for PotC, hence the reason it sold out first.

#106 4 years ago
Quoted from TrueJedi:

Super. So now we have 2 people from JJP saying no. Very unfortunate.

Only 1. I was just pointing out the other poster's no response.

I can't look out the door in Chicago or new Jersey and see what is up. And don't really care. As always I hope everyone can get the game or games they want. My concern is their questions before, during, or once they get their game. Then I care.

LTG : )

#107 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The LE is the best buy for PotC, hence the reason it sold out first.

You mean the LE of 5000 lol
they stopped production they did not sell out

#108 4 years ago

JJP shot for the moon with this title and got there. At some point though I think they realized shooting for the moon is more expensive and time consuming than profitable. Unfortunate because this is absolutely an amazing game.

#109 4 years ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

JJP shot for the moon with this title and got there. At some point though I think they realized shooting for the moon is more expensive and time consuming than profitable. Unfortunate because this is absolutely an amazing game.

Original WOZ with monkey is better

#110 4 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

I think you are confusing JJPOTC with wonka.

#111 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

That's Steve, a tech from JJP. He's a solid source. Great tech and very knowledgeable also!

Glad to hear that! Then there's a chance.

#112 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

That's Steve, a tech from JJP. He's a solid source. Great tech and very knowledgeable also!

Quoted from statsdoc:

Glad to hear that! Then there's a chance.

Uh, Steve is apparently the person who's one word answer was "no" as in no further JJP Pirates production.

#113 4 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

I think you are confusing JJPOTC with wonka.

The LE ed was not 650 as Pinside state was sold the IPDB only list the CE ed of POTC and Pinball News has no sign of the announcement of The game at all original LE # have been hidden as they did not come close to hitting the number

#114 4 years ago

Instead of JJPPOTC being ranked 5th in Pinsides top 100, should it be number 1?

#115 4 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Uh, Steve is apparently the person who's one word answer was "no" as in no further JJP Pirates production.

Yes, and I respect Steve a great deal ... but he would know less than an investor or upper management on production plans (i.e. There is a chance, however small.)

#116 4 years ago
Quoted from statsdoc:

Yes, and I respect Steve a great deal ... but he would know less than an investor or upper management on production plans (i.e. There is a chance, however small.)

Correct.

I just don't know why we keep circling around this game with topic after topic. If it happens, it happens. If not, so be it. I adore the game, but man we seemingly have minimal pinball news to discuss at this point. Which sucks....

#117 4 years ago

If you like POTC, buy one of the ones for sale on Pinside now. Bird in the hand. The prices are not overly inflated in my view.

#118 4 years ago

And I don’t claim to be the authority on this by any means. The question is straightforward- will the company make more? Knowing what I know and seeing what I see, the answer is no it will not. That doesn’t mean that unforeseen circumstances couldn’t change people’s feelings, I’m not saying I have spoken and thus close the topic, not my call. But the answer is certainly not anytime soon and most likely not ever; too much coming along to get to and too much in the queue to go back to POTC again.

#119 4 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

The LE ed was not 650 as Pinside state was sold the IPDB only list the CE ed of POTC and Pinball News has no sign of the announcement of The game at all original LE # have been hidden as they did not come close to hitting the number

Not at all sure what you’re saying here or I’d try to correct you if you need correction.

#120 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

... too much coming along to get to and too much in the queue to go back to POTC again.

There is a sliver of pure gold in this response. Thank you Steve for your frankness. This is news to get excited about!!!

#121 4 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

No one was buying the LE for rarity because it's easily Game of the Year (decade?), and that's enough. But they ended up getting a rare and very desirable pin almost by mistake.

#122 4 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

There was never an advertised production limit for Pirates LE. Pirates CE was advertised as limited to 200 units.
Wonka was advertised as limited to 5000 for the LE and 500 for the CE.

A pinsider spoke with Jack and was told the total production of pirates was 1000: 650 LE, 200 CE, and 150 SE. I have been following serial numbers and believe this to be accurate.

I’m not quite sure what you are trying to say.

#123 4 years ago

I voted yes trying to hold out some hope for others to have this game with a NIB experience. I am not optimistic personally but one can certainly hope.

Good luck to all looking. Seems there are a few out there for purchase HUO so there is still a chance to get them to people that truly want this game in their collection.

#124 4 years ago
Quoted from statsdoc:

There is a sliver of pure gold in this response. Thank you Steve for your frankness. This is news to get excited about!!!

Well, we know we have Wonka, then Guns n Roses in the Fall, then Toy Story in 2020, then...is Muppets still out there? It's the only one from that leaked list that hasn't happened, but I kind of hope it's not happening. Plus JJP is hooked up with NamcoBandai, so there's a slim chance one of their properties (or a mishmash Namco World design with many of them) could be a pin (which would be fantastic)

I also really, Really, REALLY hope JJP got the Harry Potter license and Stern was just trolling them. Sterns version would just not come close to doing justice to the license. I'm already bummed enough Stern got Princess Bride. That is a ready-made JJP title if there ever was one.

#125 4 years ago

And I don’t claim to be the authority on this by any means. The question is straightforward- will the company make more? Knowing what I know and seeing what I see, the answer is no it will not. That doesn’t mean that unforeseen circumstances couldn’t change people’s feelings, I’m not saying I have spoken and thus close the topic, not my call. But the answer is certainly not anytime soon and most likely not ever; too much coming along to get to and too much in the queue to go back to POTC again.

I have to admit, I was pretty bummed when I saw your first post. I'm still bummed as I was hoping to sell something to free up some funds for a NIB JJPOTC. Looks like I may have just missed the boat. The good news for JJP is that I have my eyes on a couple of other games, and they are both JJPs.

#126 4 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

As is JJP CE games

Lol! Bet I could sell my CE topper for what your LW3 is worth.

#127 4 years ago

And you have a couple of our games and are not only a good customer but also a very nice man. So there is that

#128 4 years ago

That doesn’t mean that unforeseen circumstances couldn’t change people’s feelings, I’m not saying I have spoken and thus close the topic, not my call. But the answer is certainly not anytime soon and most likely not ever; too much coming along to get to and too much in the queue to go back to POTC again.

I often wonder if moving to a larger facility is in the plans. Goals of releasing more titles more frequently. Lowering the standard prices in hopes of selling more units and increasing use by operators. Titles, like Pirates, that experience a surge in demand. I’m certainly all for seeing JJP grow.

#129 4 years ago

No it won’t be run again. Grab a HUO if you want one. This thread reveals there are NO plans to rerun it. JJPOTC is dead and you can stick a fork in it. From now through 2020 if 1000 people tell JJP they want this title, then JJP would have to reconsider. But this is $9k purchase and the market isn’t waiting on the sidelines to hand JJP $9M to run more POTC. It would be a cold day in hell before you saw that happen. Those interested will buy an existing game at the current $1k markup and grumble along the way.

Pro Tip -> bet with LTG

edit - it is hard to accept that more JJPOTC wont be run, because we want to see POTC have a surge in demand and JJP fill that need. Putting emotions aside, it ain’t going to happen. Too costly and time consuming for JJP to set up for small run of this expensive and complicated title to changeover. Better to keep the line producing golden tickets.

#130 4 years ago

And you have a couple of our games and are not only a good customer but also a very nice man. So there is that

Now you're just making me blush.

#131 4 years ago

Still NIB LE in Australia. Just have to pay to have it shipped.

#132 4 years ago

I hope to play PotC again, the jury is still out for me. Not saying that I don't like it but have not formed an opinion after watching the videos and playing a handful of games. I know a lot of owners swear it's the best pin ever but I'm not convinced the videos are not all that compelling to me just seems confusing.

#133 4 years ago

I'm going on record saying they will absolutely make more.

#134 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

beatles has nothing to do with production costs but licensing costs.

#135 4 years ago

Mechs removed, delays, then the underlying current...QC (or lack thereof) in alot of the games caused most who were hanging on to give up. How many were made? How many had (have) legit problems? No one is going to say.

If the machine was that amazing, and that many people wanted it, and the QC was just normal stuff, w low-cost fixes, it would still be rolling.

No company walks from profit...WOZ will always be their cornerstone but am sure tons of money was lost getting it finally right. Guessing lessons were learned, and have no desire to go down that road again (can't blame them).

These machines aren't going to double in value (quite the opposite over time), and any NIB could be a hidden PF waiting to roll up.

No one wanted this game more than me.

#136 4 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

beatles has nothing to do with production costs but licensing costs.

Nope. False. The base cost of making the machines doesn't rise exponentially by changing the armor. And Golds can be have now for less than $7k, so the "hard" costs with license are likely just a little more than a pro.

#137 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I hope to play PotC again, the jury is still out for me. Not saying that I don't like it but have not formed an opinion after watching the videos and playing a handful of games. I know a lot of owners swear it's the best pin ever but I'm not convinced the videos are not all that compelling to me just seems confusing.

I felt exactly the same way. While I enjoyed and watched many of the streams, it sorta spoiled the 'new factor'.

I didn't LOVE the theme. Once I had some time on a machine though... HOOKED.

#138 4 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

These answers were so predictable. Most owners parroting the same lines. "Won't be remade". "It costs too much to produce". "It's too complex to produce". "Greatest pin ever made". Respect for those few owners who actually aren't shameless price pumpers and said "who knows".
By the way, how is it that B/W managed to produce tens of thousands of Super Pins profitably? Weren't a number of those similarly complex?

most of the B/W games were as complex. The key was what you said, tens of thousands. That volume afforded pretty thorough development, testing, tooling, supervision, and profit. In the hayday, 70,000 games were made in one year -- 300 games per day. With a BOM cost of $2K, and labor at $250 - $300 per game, that generated gross profit to cover development costs and then some.

#139 4 years ago

Very interesting

Even I thought there would likely be some yellow brick .....

Ok now I'm at 11.5 by Christmas and if there is still no news by next year I'm saying alien territory of 15+.

Print it

#140 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Very interesting
Even I thought there would likely be some yellow brick .....
Ok now I'm at 11.5 by Christmas

Jjp potc biggest supporter and price pumper

#141 4 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

There was never an advertised production limit for Pirates LE. Pirates CE was advertised as limited to 200 units.
Wonka was advertised as limited to 5000 for the LE and 500 for the CE.
A pinsider spoke with Jack and was told the total production of pirates was 1000: 650 LE, 200 CE, and 150 SE. I have been following serial numbers and believe this to be accurate.

LOL, so the true limited edition is the SE . I knew the stainless trim was really the winner.

#142 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Jjp potc biggest supporter and price pumper

remember when you asked me if you should buy that JJP POTC and I told you yes no question....and now you regret not getting it at that price? Don't make the same mistake twice and buy that one in WI. This game will just continue going up. JJP is changing it's strategy as this release appears it will remain the last "pure" jjp table will offer.

#143 4 years ago

This constant shilling is getting way out of hand. Is this what we have to look forward to from now on from the people buying $10k NIB pins? Constant shilling, constant pumping, "$15k by Christmas", "this pin is the GOAT", "this pin costs more to make than they are charging for it", "Paying over MSRP for used on this pin that just came out is a bargain."

#144 4 years ago

This constant shilling is getting way out of hand. Is this what we have to look forward to from now on from the people buying $10k NIB pins? Constant shilling, constant pumping, "$15k by Christmas", "this pin is the GOAT", "this pin costs more to make than they are charging for it", "Paying over MSRP for used on this pin that just came out is a bargain."

yes

#145 4 years ago

Everyone wants the next BBB.....until it gets remade again.

#146 4 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

I’m the pinsider who spoke with Jack a couple of weeks ago, after he returned a call regarding a part question. I wanted to add spinning Tortuga Tom to my Standard, but that was nixed by Jack himself. He said all hands are on Wonka, with 1300 preorders. They don’t have extra resources to build new parts for old machines, and have largely burned through the parts inventory altogether. He said that he wanted parts for 1500 JJPOTCs, but they ended up with parts for 1000 due to various logistics concerns. Delays, demand projection, etc. And now they simply have to press on to the next game. He was very optimistic that more LEs will be run when they have time. Everyone knows the demand is now huge. At first he said this could be after the next two games, but then qualified if there is downtime between games due to delays on the line, they could make use of that time. He said when more parts are made for the LE, they will be made available to Standard owners. Only LEs would be made. No Tortuga Tom, Black Pearl Editions, etc.

#147 4 years ago

Not at all sure what you’re saying here or I’d try to correct you if you need correction.

The point is Pinside list JJP DI as in production then it lists POTC LE as 650 produced the IPDB list all JJP games ever made except for POTC LE and Standard edition last Pinball news had news for DI and many more games but nothing for POTC 20 games listed nothing on POTC people are hiding how poor the game did

#148 4 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

The point is Pinside list JJP DI as in production then it lists POTC LE as 650 produced the IPDB list all JJP games ever made except for POTC LE and Standard edition last Pinball news had news for DI and many more games but nothing for POTC 20 games listed nothing on POTC people are hiding how poor the game did

Is anyone else able to parse this?

#149 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Nope.

I just love those speech to text posts!

#150 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Don't feed the trolls ... or serve drinks to them, whatever the case might be.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 20.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,366 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 28.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/will-jjp-make-more-potc/page/3?hl=pinballomatic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.