9C3D70C2-74F8-4976-BF46-4CCB358F95ED (resized).jpeg
db8ae21c1fb11be199b651a559856849ce2cc1d0.png (resized).jpg
b0542f34c415d82d332f106cef32569bfebe1dd5 (resized).jpg
inconceivable (resized).jpg
post (resized).JPG
F36C7D82-6837-4E05-9DCE-9E45B466E428 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20200724-150800_Chrome (resized).jpg
47A75E61-189F-429D-A120-EF8279C6AE51 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,366 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 28.
#1301 3 years ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

You do understand that I'm saying he won't run it again, right? If you can click 'quote,' you can read my entire two line response.

Oh snap! I just clicked the quote button again You do understand I’m saying he will run it again, right? I’ll tell you what let’s make a gentleman’s bet on it, I will wager $100 that POTC will be re-run within the next 12 months, winner donates the proceeds to Pinside.

#1303 3 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Oh snap! I just clicked the quote button again You do understand I’m saying he will run it again, right? I’ll tell you what let’s make a gentleman’s bet on it, I will wager $100 that POTC will be re-run within the next 12 months, winner donates the proceeds to Pinside.

I'll take that bet.

#1304 3 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:Oh snap! I just clicked the quote button again You do understand I’m saying he will run it again, right? I’ll tell you what let’s make a gentleman’s bet on it, I will wager $100 that POTC will be re-run within the next 12 months, winner donates the proceeds to Pinside.

Pirates being re-run has little to do with what % Jack said and everything to do with a full production schedule. Your wishful thinking to buy a game you could have already owned 3 years ago will not change that fact. Sorry you missed out.

#1305 3 years ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

Pirates being re-run has little to do with what % Jack said and everything to do with a full production schedule. Your wishful thinking to buy a game you could have already owned 3 years ago will not change that fact. Sorry you missed out.

LOL Who says I would buy it, if it was announced today I would pass on it.. unfortunately for me I don’t have that kind of $$$$$ in my Pinball savings, also lots of good games out there to choose from if I had the cash.

Quoted from delt31:

I'll take that bet.

Your on!

Quoted from Soulrider911:

This topic is hilarious

I totally agree! and for you guys who own POTC I’m just busting your balls a bit, I mean heck this isn’t the POTC owners club forum so we can have some fun right? Honestly I’m just bored, I have been stuck at home for 14 months and have nothing better to do.

#1306 3 years ago

LOL Who says I would buy it

Your wishlist with a CE and LE listed?

Sorry for assuming.

I really don't think they make it again, though.

#1307 3 years ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

Your wishlist with a CE and LE listed?
Sorry for assuming.
I really don't think they make it again, though.

Lots of stuff on my wishlist my friend, unfortunately for me pinball ranks very low on that list.. trust me on that.

#1308 3 years ago

People that have one will say “never” .People that dont and want one will say “for sure”.The true answer lies in the middle somewhere .Please don’t ask me to explain it just sounded good

1 week later
#1309 3 years ago

Assuming there are enough serious buyers to warrant any kind of run of POTC , I think the only way we'll see it happen is if every order was paid for in full without the option of cancelling. Don't know how realistic that would be....

3 months later
#1310 2 years ago

Any chance JJP re-runs POTC in the next 2 years? I think I heard from Pat Lawlor(sp) in a recent interview the new factory in Illinois doesn’t have wide body manufacturing capabilities. Anyone know if this is still true? I would think with all this price increase in the secondary market on the game they would be wanting to get another line going.

#1311 2 years ago
Quoted from Sunsfan23:

Any chance JJP re-runs POTC in the next 2 years? I think I heard from Pat Lawlor(sp) in a recent interview the new factory in Illinois doesn’t have wide body manufacturing capabilities. Anyone know if this is still true? I would think with all this price increase in the secondary market on the game they would be wanting to get another line going.

That rumor has flipped over a thousand times. With the issues they currently have with demand and Playfields I think the answer is still never.

#1312 2 years ago

I wouldn't say 'never' - especially with JJP.

#1313 2 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I wouldn't say 'never' - especially with JJP.

fingers crossed! I really don’t wanna spend 20k on a used LE!

#1314 2 years ago

Kaneda claims JJP had plans to do another run of POTC LE’s this year but between the virus delaying everything and the overwhelming number of orders for GnR it either delayed or canceled the POTC plans (his source wasn’t sure which).. again just reposting what I heard.

#1315 2 years ago

I was in but couldn’t care less about JJP anymore with their junk playfields.

#1316 2 years ago

Make more? With the current playfield issues I would steer clear. Pretty sad what they are doing. The lack of quality, combined with a subtle defensiveness is mind blowing.

#1317 2 years ago

250 more...... allready have parts for. take it to the bank.

#1318 2 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

250 more...... allready have parts for. take it to the bank.

I would believe that ... I just hope the PFs are better (and I have my doubts on that one)

2 months later
#1320 2 years ago

Finally got some time on one of these. Wow, I was blown away how great a game it is. By far the best JJP game. Perfect mix of playfield design, flow, rules, toys and JJP highend art, lighting, sound and display. Easily a top 5 game all time for me. Some games like TZ take time to realize the brilliance. This fits firmly in that catagory and would be a shame if it does not go back on the line for more to buy this special game. If JJP does make more, it will be my first NIB.

#1321 2 years ago

My understanding on this is JJP only has the licensing rights through the end of this year. Even if they wanted to, they couldn’t after 2021 without securing the rights again. I suspect the costs would be prohibitive - let alone the production hit they would take on existing orders.

I think it’s better this way as we get more variety and choices overall, and collectors hoarding these grail machines can take pride in owning a truly limited edition.

Maybe in 15 years CGC will get a remake going - who knows?

#1322 2 years ago
Quoted from Mechulus:

My understanding on this is JJP only has the licensing rights through the end of this year. Even if they wanted to, they couldn’t after 2021 without securing the rights again. I suspect the costs would be prohibitive - let alone the production hit they would take on existing orders.
I think it’s better this way as we get more variety and choices overall, and collectors hoarding these grail machines can take pride in owning a truly limited edition.

I was VERY lucky to have been able to get one of the very last LEs.

Personally, I don't see JJP ever making this title again.

#1323 2 years ago

I feel very fortunate to have mine. It's never leaving. It's very much like TZ, which has been a favorite of mine since I got into pinball. POTC is everything pinball should be and is the quintessential JJP game, imo. It's a shame it had such a rough rollout and that the code is still incomplete.

#1324 2 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I feel very fortunate to have mine. It's never leaving. It's very much like TZ, which has been a favorite of mine since I got into pinball. POTC is everything pinball should be and is the quintessential JJP game, imo. It's a shame it had such a rough rollout and that the code is still incomplete.

I can’t understand why JJP hasn’t updated the code on this game.

#1325 2 years ago
Quoted from Mechulus:

I played it for the first time yesterday and it is very nice. Fun to play and learn and it is gorgeous like all the JJP pins. I would love to own it one day.

I would be surprised if they make more, and I would be surprised if they didn’t LOL.

Congrats to the owners!

#1326 2 years ago

I can’t understand why JJP hasn’t updated the code on this game.

It really doesn't make a whole lot of sense as it's the only JJP game that's been abandoned. I'm thinking it has to be something with the license and use of assets, but it could just be that the new owners don't want to sink any more resources into a game that wasn't profitable as it is. I'm still hopeful something will drop along with the blu tooth updates coming out, but who knows.

3 months later
#1327 2 years ago

Dumb question but would people consider buying POTC as a generic remake without the limited Assets? I wasn't interested in the movie aspects of game anyway.

Probably like others, by the time I made the decision to buy, only the SE's were available and felt for the extra $1k the LE offered 5 upgrades that were really worth the money.

I still think about this Damn game and playing one one location better set up than others was really fun.

#1328 2 years ago

If they dont make more it´s a bad decision for pinball.

The more rich private collectors there are in the hobby, the worse low/limited runs are, cause it means people that love pinball will not ever be able to see some of the best games ever, since they are collecting dust in some rich guys playroom.

If i got in to the hobby now for example, what would my chances be to ever play this game?

If you love pinball and want the hobby to prosper you make more of the best games available, so that everybody can enjoy them.

#1329 2 years ago

Its easy the reason that they won’t make POTC again is because THAT machine almost put them out of bussines . They plunged so much money in the patented triple disc system , that in the end got canceled . The building of the game was verry expensive and labor intensive and combine that with the verry bad sales at the time. Nobody wanted this game when there was stock. NoW everybody wants it . But again the build line is not widebody, still a verry labor intensive game to build with expensive parts . Disney license has been expired for the build.GNR and wonka are much cheaper to build for the same price and these machines also goes out the door like hot cakes. So no need for another POTC run. I would love to see more people getting a POTC but won’t be anytime before 2023/24 due to new games being build first . Maybe when they have a new widebody game coming or when they do another woz run

#1330 2 years ago
Quoted from AMSNL:

NoW everybody wants it .

Exactly why they should make more.
They should do another run of standards or a different LE. But keep the CE like you have the exclusive model.

#1331 2 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Exactly why they should make more.

There’s no possible way they will make more. The game doesn’t have a large profit margin, so new parts run are a risk. The factory is set up for standard bodies, wide bodies don’t make financial sense right now, the development team is almost antagonistic against the game, and the license is expired. I wish we could close this thread

#1332 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

There’s no possible way they will make more. The game doesn’t have a large profit margin, so new parts run are a risk. The factory is set up for standard bodies, wide bodies don’t make financial sense right now, the development team is almost antagonistic against the game, and the license is expired. I wish we could close this thread

Not to mention Disney would probably never re-license it with Johnny Depp on it.

#1333 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

There’s no possible way they will make more. The factory is set up for standard bodies, wide bodies don’t make financial sense right now, the development team is almost antagonistic against the game, and the license is expired. I wish we could close this thread

You may be right. But I will go ahead and just say it. I don't care if I get downvotes or not (my upvote to downvote ratio may take a hit).

The loudest critics for not building more of a pin, be it POTC or TRON or whatever, come from people that already own the machine. And no offense to you Rdoyle1978 or Rarehero (both of which I tend to agree with on most things), but it sure seems that way to me.

#1334 2 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

You may be right. But I will go ahead and just say it. I don't care if I get downvotes or not (my upvote to downvote ratio may take a hit).
The loudest critics for not building more of a pin, be it POTC or TRON or whatever, come from people that already own the machine. And no offense to you Rdoyle1978 or Rarehero (both of which I tend to agree with on most things), but it sure seems that way to me.

Of course we are, we made a decision that was unpopular at the time to acquire this game because so many people ran from it over questionable reasons and we'd like to protect that investment. I'd be furious if JJP made even a single additional machine. People had their chance, it's over. I don't know why more won't just admit it and I don't think your post is worthy of any down votes, you're right.

Jeff

#1335 2 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

This entire thread has entertained me to no ends. With absolutely no inside information or idea what JJP is going to do, people have speculated on if they were going to do another run. Ideas were offered based on rumors and/or logic. Yet people get "offended" if one group says one thing or another (again, based on rumor). Trolls come in and say the opposite just to get a rise. Owners state "no way" in dreams of protecting their "investment". Others think JJP is "Stupid" if they don't because the price has gone up. I jumped on the chance to get my LE when it came out because of the theme. I didn't care when disc and chest gate happened. I've waited patiently for the code update which is going to make this great game even better. As a owner, I pray they make more games. First because it would mean spare parts for it and second, would love to see more of this game in people's homes and arcades.

#1336 2 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I'd actually LOVE it if they built more because that would mean I can get replacement parts for it. Right now, forget about it.

#1337 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Of course we are, we made a decision that was unpopular at the time to acquire this game because so many people ran from it over questionable reasons and we'd like to protect that investment. I'd be furious if JJP made even a single additional machine. People had their chance, it's over. I don't know why more won't just admit it and I don't think your post is worthy of any down votes, you're right.
Jeff

I don't think the 'people had their chance' and didn't buy it holds water. Well, it could have been that they weren't in the hobby at that time, or didn't have the funds at the time due to maybe putting their kids through college, or caring for an elderly parent, or medical bills - or whatever, who knows. Maybe they have the funds now and would like to get one, but don't want to pay 1.5x, 2x, 3x, what the pin retailed for. I get it, some of you still won't care - tough! right?

I don't want a POTC. But your attitude is what is making this hobby suck! People are buying spots in line, just to sell it - or buying pins with the sole purpose to flip it. It is ridiculous. But hey, that's life right? People are greedy and only care about themselves. Really fucking sad.

#1338 2 years ago
Quoted from Heater:

This entire thread has entertained me to no ends. With absolutely no inside information or idea what JJP is going to do, people have speculated on if they were going to do another run. Ideas were offered based on rumors and/or logic. Yet people get "offended" if one group says one thing or another (again, based on rumor). Trolls come in and say the opposite just to get a rise. Owners state "no way" in dreams of protecting their "investment". Others think JJP is "Stupid" if they don't because the price has gone up. I jumped on the chance to get my LE when it came out because of the theme. I didn't care when disc and chest gate happened. I've waited patiently for the code update which is going to make this great game even better. As a owner, I pray they make more games. First because it would mean spare parts for it and second, would love to see more of this game in people's homes and arcades.

100% agree with all of this. There's no conspiracy. Do note however that JJP themselves (Pat Lawlor, specifically) did clearly state that they are not doing any more widebody games, and the factory is not set up for it.

#1339 2 years ago

CORRECT! ^

#1340 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I'd actually LOVE it if they built more because that would mean I can get replacement parts for it. Right now, forget about it.

They really should have replacement parts, even if they don't run it again. IMO. Not a huge inventory, but enough to be able to have people service them.

#1341 2 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I don't think the 'people had their chance' and didn't buy it holds water. Well, it could have been that they weren't in the hobby at that time, or didn't have the funds at the time due to maybe putting their kids through college, or caring for an elderly parent, or medical bills - or whatever, who knows. Maybe they have the funds now and would like to get one, but don't want to pay 1.5x, 2x, 3x, what the pin retailed for. I get it, some of you still won't care - tough! right?
I don't want a POTC. But your attitude is what is making this hobby suck! People are buying spots in line, just to sell it - or buying pins with the sole purpose to flip it. It is ridiculous. But hey, that's life right? People are greedy and only care about themselves. Really fucking sad.

Yikes... 1. Life isn't fair, I'm sorry to have to tell you that here but that's the reality. 2. Did I mention life's not fair? 3. This is not an "everyone gets a trophy" conversation. 4. You're not entitled to anything, there was a window of time, you missed it, again see points 1, 2, and 3.

I have flipped NOTHING in my collection so to give me this BS reply and then blame me and my "attitude" for the current market is just f'ing ridiculous. I've never sold a spot in a line I'm in and have no intention on doing either in the future anyhow.

You know what's really fucking sad? People who think they're entitled to things just because someone else has them...

Jeff

#1342 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Yikes... 1. Life isn't fair, I'm sorry to have to tell you that here but that's the reality. 2. Did I mention life's not fair? 3. This is not an "everyone gets a trophy" conversation. 4. You're not entitled to anything, there was a window of time, you missed it, again see points 1, 2, and 3.
I have flipped NOTHING in my collection so to give me this BS reply and then blame me and my "attitude" for the current market is just f'ing ridiculous. I've never sold a spot in a line I'm in and have no intention on doing either in the future anyhow.
You know what's really fucking sad? People who think they're entitled to things just because someone else has them...
Jeff

I certainly know life isn't fair. Doesn't mean we have to add to it.

#1343 2 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

There's a big difference between not wanting more of a machine to get made and just laying out the factual reasons for why more of them probably won't be made. It's really not fair to characterize @rdoyle1978's post as trying to keep a value high when he's just listing the facts that add up to a pretty logical conclusion for why more won't be made.

I think POTC owners are much more clear-eyed and realistic as to what the facts of the situation are for how this game has been viewed and handled by JJP vs. the rose-colored and wishful thinking glasses other people look through when thinking they should make more of them.

It's easy to just simply think, "they should make more because they could probably sell them for $X." But JJP as a business has to look at all the facts involved like what price would they have to sell them at to make an equivalent return vs. running a different/higher margin title, and how many they think they could sell at that price. They have to look at things like how difficult and costly would it be to get parts for a relatively low volume run of the machines (vs. say a bigger bulk parts order for 5K GNR machines), and how much would it cost and what would the time interruption to the factory be for setting up widebody production when the factory is currently set for standard body? And that's not even factoring in licensing which, let's be honest, I'm guessing nobody (or at most maybe a very few) on this forum really has any actual knowledge of what the licensing terms were for the machine.

For the company to produce something, it isn't nearly as simple as just thinking "We could probably sell some more POTC's for $X. We should make them."

I'm sure plenty of owners (myself included) wouldn't mind seeing them make more so spare parts might be more readily available if they're needed at some point in the future. But the fact is the people at JJP have said their factory is set up for standard bodies and it would be a big cost and time effort to change it to run widebodies. That alone makes it sound like the chance of more POTC is pretty low and the statement comes straight from JJP.

#1344 2 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

They really should have replacement parts, even if they don't run it again. IMO. Not a huge inventory, but enough to be able to have people service them.

If you ran a business like that you'd end up going broke quickly. It's a business, not a charity. You have to make the best decisions that maximize revenue and minimize cost. Holding inventory is a big cost.

#1345 2 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

If you ran a business like that you'd end up going broke quickly. It's a business, not a charity. You have to make the best decisions that maximize revenue and minimize cost.

I think it is not charity for a business to have a few parts on hand for repairs. And I did own a business for 20 years and sold it, and was far from going broke. I understand that pinball manufactures are on small margins already, and having inventory is difficult, but just a few on hand would be nice for the customers (owners and operators).

Just forget it, I always want to try to keep things positive, and fun. This is a hobby right? This will be my last post on the matter.

#1346 2 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I think it is not charity for a business to have a few parts on hand for repairs. And I did own a business for 20 years and sold it, and was far from going broke. I understand that pinball manufactures are on small margins already, and having inventory is difficult, but just a few on hand would be nice for the customers (owners and operators).
Just forget it, I always want to try to keep things positive, and fun. This is a hobby right? This will be my last post on the matter.

And I'm sure JJP did have spare parts at some point, but after three years most of the game specific parts are likely already sold and it's too costly to make or order more of those game specific parts just to have inventory on hand for a game they're probably not going to produce again.

#1347 2 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

No argument here. It's a little scary knowing something will eventually break which may not be easily fixable. That's what made me eventually sell my Pinball Magic (... uh, along with 100 other reasons

#1348 2 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

If you ran a business like that you'd end up going broke quickly. It's a business, not a charity. You have to make the best decisions that maximize revenue and minimize cost. Holding inventory is a big cost.

If there is extremely high demand for a product, and it sells for three times more on the second hand market, you think you would go broke if you started production again?

#1349 2 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

If there is extremely high demand for a product, and it sells for three times more on the second hand market, you think you would go broke if you started production again?

Hej!

Define "extremely high demand"?
How many have sold on the second hand market?
How many would JJP need to *break even* if they started up small runs of parts.
Small runs are very expensive - they would have to increase the price considerably, and then how many buyers would drop out?

We do not know the answer to any of these questions, so it is hard to know the business model

#1350 2 years ago

I don't blame Jersey Jack Pinball for milking the titles, but time to move on with what's in the pipeline to come. Makes me wonder if Guns and Roses will have a new version next year.? Being forth the new titles!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 39.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 20.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,366 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 28.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/will-jjp-make-more-potc/page/27?hl=apinballwiz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.