db8ae21c1fb11be199b651a559856849ce2cc1d0.png (resized).jpg
b0542f34c415d82d332f106cef32569bfebe1dd5 (resized).jpg
inconceivable (resized).jpg
post (resized).JPG
F36C7D82-6837-4E05-9DCE-9E45B466E428 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20200724-150800_Chrome (resized).jpg
47A75E61-189F-429D-A120-EF8279C6AE51 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

There are 1326 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 27.
#1301 8 months ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

You do understand that I'm saying he won't run it again, right? If you can click 'quote,' you can read my entire two line response.

Oh snap! I just clicked the quote button again You do understand I’m saying he will run it again, right? I’ll tell you what let’s make a gentleman’s bet on it, I will wager $100 that POTC will be re-run within the next 12 months, winner donates the proceeds to Pinside.

#1302 8 months ago

This topic is hilarious

#1303 8 months ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Oh snap! I just clicked the quote button again You do understand I’m saying he will run it again, right? I’ll tell you what let’s make a gentleman’s bet on it, I will wager $100 that POTC will be re-run within the next 12 months, winner donates the proceeds to Pinside.

I'll take that bet.

#1304 8 months ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:Oh snap! I just clicked the quote button again You do understand I’m saying he will run it again, right? I’ll tell you what let’s make a gentleman’s bet on it, I will wager $100 that POTC will be re-run within the next 12 months, winner donates the proceeds to Pinside.

Pirates being re-run has little to do with what % Jack said and everything to do with a full production schedule. Your wishful thinking to buy a game you could have already owned 3 years ago will not change that fact. Sorry you missed out.

#1305 8 months ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

Pirates being re-run has little to do with what % Jack said and everything to do with a full production schedule. Your wishful thinking to buy a game you could have already owned 3 years ago will not change that fact. Sorry you missed out.

LOL Who says I would buy it, if it was announced today I would pass on it.. unfortunately for me I don’t have that kind of $$$$$ in my Pinball savings, also lots of good games out there to choose from if I had the cash.

Quoted from delt31:

I'll take that bet.

Your on!

Quoted from Soulrider911:

This topic is hilarious

I totally agree! and for you guys who own POTC I’m just busting your balls a bit, I mean heck this isn’t the POTC owners club forum so we can have some fun right? Honestly I’m just bored, I have been stuck at home for 14 months and have nothing better to do.

#1306 8 months ago

LOL Who says I would buy it

Your wishlist with a CE and LE listed?

Sorry for assuming.

I really don't think they make it again, though.

#1307 8 months ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

Your wishlist with a CE and LE listed?
Sorry for assuming.
I really don't think they make it again, though.

Lots of stuff on my wishlist my friend, unfortunately for me pinball ranks very low on that list.. trust me on that.

#1308 8 months ago

People that have one will say “never” .People that dont and want one will say “for sure”.The true answer lies in the middle somewhere .Please don’t ask me to explain it just sounded good

1 week later
#1309 7 months ago

Assuming there are enough serious buyers to warrant any kind of run of POTC , I think the only way we'll see it happen is if every order was paid for in full without the option of cancelling. Don't know how realistic that would be....

3 months later
#1310 4 months ago

Any chance JJP re-runs POTC in the next 2 years? I think I heard from Pat Lawlor(sp) in a recent interview the new factory in Illinois doesn’t have wide body manufacturing capabilities. Anyone know if this is still true? I would think with all this price increase in the secondary market on the game they would be wanting to get another line going.

#1311 4 months ago
Quoted from Sunsfan23:

Any chance JJP re-runs POTC in the next 2 years? I think I heard from Pat Lawlor(sp) in a recent interview the new factory in Illinois doesn’t have wide body manufacturing capabilities. Anyone know if this is still true? I would think with all this price increase in the secondary market on the game they would be wanting to get another line going.

That rumor has flipped over a thousand times. With the issues they currently have with demand and Playfields I think the answer is still never.

#1312 4 months ago

I wouldn't say 'never' - especially with JJP.

#1313 4 months ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I wouldn't say 'never' - especially with JJP.

fingers crossed! I really don’t wanna spend 20k on a used LE!

#1314 4 months ago

Kaneda claims JJP had plans to do another run of POTC LE’s this year but between the virus delaying everything and the overwhelming number of orders for GnR it either delayed or canceled the POTC plans (his source wasn’t sure which).. again just reposting what I heard.

#1315 4 months ago

I was in but couldn’t care less about JJP anymore with their junk playfields.

#1316 4 months ago

Make more? With the current playfield issues I would steer clear. Pretty sad what they are doing. The lack of quality, combined with a subtle defensiveness is mind blowing.

#1317 4 months ago

250 more...... allready have parts for. take it to the bank.

#1318 4 months ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

250 more...... allready have parts for. take it to the bank.

I would believe that ... I just hope the PFs are better (and I have my doubts on that one)

2 months later
#1320 76 days ago

Finally got some time on one of these. Wow, I was blown away how great a game it is. By far the best JJP game. Perfect mix of playfield design, flow, rules, toys and JJP highend art, lighting, sound and display. Easily a top 5 game all time for me. Some games like TZ take time to realize the brilliance. This fits firmly in that catagory and would be a shame if it does not go back on the line for more to buy this special game. If JJP does make more, it will be my first NIB.

#1321 76 days ago

My understanding on this is JJP only has the licensing rights through the end of this year. Even if they wanted to, they couldn’t after 2021 without securing the rights again. I suspect the costs would be prohibitive - let alone the production hit they would take on existing orders.

I think it’s better this way as we get more variety and choices overall, and collectors hoarding these grail machines can take pride in owning a truly limited edition.

Maybe in 15 years CGC will get a remake going - who knows?

#1322 76 days ago
Quoted from Mechulus:

My understanding on this is JJP only has the licensing rights through the end of this year. Even if they wanted to, they couldn’t after 2021 without securing the rights again. I suspect the costs would be prohibitive - let alone the production hit they would take on existing orders.
I think it’s better this way as we get more variety and choices overall, and collectors hoarding these grail machines can take pride in owning a truly limited edition.

I was VERY lucky to have been able to get one of the very last LEs.

Personally, I don't see JJP ever making this title again.

#1323 76 days ago

I feel very fortunate to have mine. It's never leaving. It's very much like TZ, which has been a favorite of mine since I got into pinball. POTC is everything pinball should be and is the quintessential JJP game, imo. It's a shame it had such a rough rollout and that the code is still incomplete.

#1324 76 days ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I feel very fortunate to have mine. It's never leaving. It's very much like TZ, which has been a favorite of mine since I got into pinball. POTC is everything pinball should be and is the quintessential JJP game, imo. It's a shame it had such a rough rollout and that the code is still incomplete.

I can’t understand why JJP hasn’t updated the code on this game.

#1325 76 days ago
Quoted from Mechulus:

I played it for the first time yesterday and it is very nice. Fun to play and learn and it is gorgeous like all the JJP pins. I would love to own it one day.

I would be surprised if they make more, and I would be surprised if they didn’t LOL.

Congrats to the owners!

#1326 75 days ago

I can’t understand why JJP hasn’t updated the code on this game.

It really doesn't make a whole lot of sense as it's the only JJP game that's been abandoned. I'm thinking it has to be something with the license and use of assets, but it could just be that the new owners don't want to sink any more resources into a game that wasn't profitable as it is. I'm still hopeful something will drop along with the blu tooth updates coming out, but who knows.

There are 1326 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 27.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside