9C3D70C2-74F8-4976-BF46-4CCB358F95ED (resized).jpeg
db8ae21c1fb11be199b651a559856849ce2cc1d0.png (resized).jpg
b0542f34c415d82d332f106cef32569bfebe1dd5 (resized).jpg
inconceivable (resized).jpg
post (resized).JPG
F36C7D82-6837-4E05-9DCE-9E45B466E428 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20200724-150800_Chrome (resized).jpg
47A75E61-189F-429D-A120-EF8279C6AE51 (resized).jpeg

There are 1,366 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 28.
#1151 3 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Deeproot has Pinball?!?!

Yes. In 10,9,8,7.........

#1152 3 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Deeproot has Pinball?!?!

Deeproot has a plan ?!?!

#1153 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Here is how you can get your JJPOTC game, and even get it for free:
Call JJP up and offer to buy 1000 POTC games for 10 million bucks.
Once they agree, wire them the 10 million.
Sell 999 games for $12,000 each.
Save one for yourself.
Put the $1,988,000 profit in the bank.
Play your free POTC.
Seems easy, right?

Why the hell didnt I think of this.

#1154 3 years ago

Rather irrelevant, I am sure... but if they make more I will buy one.

#1156 3 years ago

That would be cool if that signaled a rerun of Pirates, but I’m not sure Pirates qualifies as a new title. So this is more likely just confirmation that a new title will come out this year.

Still, if it was Pirates, I may actually be in a position to buy.

#1157 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

That would be cool if that signaled a rerun of Pirates, but I’m not sure Pirates qualifies as a new title. So this is more likely just confirmation that a new title will come out this year.
Still, if it was Pirates, I may actually be in a position to buy.

If I'm reading that right, Keith is agreeing that no new title will hit customer's hands by the end of the year. Doing so with the Barbosa gif may indicate an existing title, Pirates, could be coming. Always good to have more copies of a game available. I hate the inflation crap on these games.

#1158 3 years ago

Only thing that need to be coming from Pirates is some f’ing code completion!

#1159 3 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

If I'm reading that right, Keith is agreeing that no new title will hit customer's hands by the end of the year. Doing so with the Barbosa gif may indicate an existing title, Pirates, could be coming. Always good to have more copies of a game available. I hate the inflation crap on these games.

Oh. I thought he was agreeing to take the bet to make $100 by taking the opposite stance.

This is complicated.

#1160 3 years ago

I don't think that's what he was implying at all. Simply using a gif from a game they already worked on, to be playful regarding future game production.

#1161 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Oh. I thought he was agreeing to take the bet to make $100 by taking the opposite stance.
This is complicated.

It isn't that complicated. He was just agreeing to take the bet that a new JJP game would be released by the end of the year with that gif. He obviously has insider knowledge so it's a safe bet that a new JJP game is revealed by the end of the year now or he's out $100. The bet terms were, "$100 says no new title..." so if it was POTC he would lose the bet as POTC isn't new...so it isn't that game. Using the Barbossa gif was just a fun way to do it with hopefully a nod to the code update being announced soon as well.

#1162 3 years ago

I took it as Keith agreeing that no *new* title would be shipped this year. Who knows, though.

#1163 3 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I took it as Keith agreeing that no *new* title would be shipped this year. Who knows, though.

Keith was agreeing to the bet, taking the opposite stance of smalltownguy2. As an employee of JJP, if Keith knew that no new games were going to be released this year, he would never publicly say that, especially on a pinball forum. He would catch hell from JJP for a move like that.

The previous post was this...and then people were lining up to take that bet.
post (resized).JPGpost (resized).JPG

#1164 3 years ago

I hear ya. I guess it just comes down to whether he was agreeing to the bet or agreeing with the statement from smalltownguy2. The fact that we're debating it means he didn't actually say anything at all, I suppose.

#1165 3 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I hear ya. I guess it just comes down to whether he was agreeing to the bet or agreeing with the statement from smalltownguy2. The fact that we're debating it means he didn't actually say anything at all, I suppose.

"I'll take that bet" means you are taking the opposite end of the proposed bet. Keith was saying something will be released before year's end. Not clear if he means a "new" game or what.

#1166 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

"I'll take that bet" means you are taking the opposite end of the proposed bet. Keith was saying something will be released before year's end. Not clear if he means a "new" game or what.

Stop making complete and total sense.

#1167 3 years ago

Keith quoted "$100 says no new title hits a customer's hands by year's end."

Keith then typed "Agreed." With Barbosa saying Agreed in the Gif.

I take that as not a new title by years end... Make more Pirates!!

#1168 3 years ago

I’ll buy one put it next to my Stern Potc.

#1169 3 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

Keith quoted "$100 says no new title hits a customer's hands by year's end."
Keith then typed "Agreed." With Barbosa saying Agreed in the Gif.
I take that as not a new title by years end... Make more Pirates!!

But it's so simple. Keith posted Barbossa saying "agreed" which clearly means that there is no new title before the year's end. However, a clever man would realise that Barbossa was a character in POTC, so only a fool would deny that the next game is POTC. But Keith must have known that in the movies, Barbossa has a pistol, and we all know that a pistol is a type of gun, so, clearly, the next game must be Guns and Roses. Nevertheless, Keith knows that Pinside is not populated by fools, so he must have suspected that we would know that Barbossa was carrying a pistol, so the next game must be Toy Story...

#1170 3 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

But it's so simple. Keith posted Barbossa saying "agreed" which clearly means that there is no new title before the year's end. However, a clever man would realise that Barbossa was a character in POTC, so only a fool would deny that the next game is POTC. But Keith must have known that in the movies, Barbossa has a pistol, and we all know that a pistol is a type of gun, so, clearly, the next game must be Guns and Roses. Nevertheless, Keith knows that Pinside is not populated by fools, so he must have suspected that we would know that Barbossa was carrying a pistol, so the next game must be Toy Story...

HAHAHAHA! I needed a good laugh! Well done.

#1171 3 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

inconceivable (resized).jpginconceivable (resized).jpg
#1172 3 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

So, the next game is Princess Bride! That would be a nice surprise!

#1173 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Stop making complete and total sense.

The devil you say! LOL

#1174 3 years ago

Seems to be a divisive comment, lol. Some of us think he was agreeing with Smalltownguy and some think he was taking the bet. No biggie to me.

#1175 3 years ago

Seems to be a divisive comment, lol. Some of us think he was agreeing with Smalltownguy and some think he was taking the bet. No biggie to me.

Check the New JJP Teaser Video thread. Keith just posted a lengthy explanation of why JJP stopped making POTC when they did and the problems with making more of them. I read it as a pretty clear indication that they WILL NOT be making any more of them. Maybe someone else will read it differently.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1176 3 years ago
Quoted from Charlemagne1987:

Check the New JJP Teaser Video thread. Keith just posted a lengthy explanation of why JJP stopped making POTC when they did and the problems with making more of them. I read it as a pretty clear indication that they WILL NOT be making any more of them. Maybe someone else will read it differently.

Where is that at?

#1177 3 years ago

I read his statements as a clear indication of why they stopped the run and moved to Wonka, earlier than originally planned. It is not a clear indication that they will never run more.

#1178 3 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

Where is that at?

Page 43, post #2133.

#1180 3 years ago

I read his statements as a clear indication of why they stopped the run and moved to Wonka. It is not a clear indication that they will never run more.

Ok. Well, like I said, someone else may read it differently than me. It seemed to me that his implication was that it would take a lot to start the line back up for POTC (buying all the parts, etc.) and that JJP's heart was no longer in it. But I could be wrong.

#1181 3 years ago

I guess it makes sense about PotC not enough juice for the squeeze.

I will say (for me) I could buy one for $15K whatever people are asking (I have the money) but I won't buy one unless it's $10K-$11K used price maybe another $500 for a new

I bought AFM LE and R&M BSE (both with toppers, colored armor, shakers, side blades, knocker yada yada yada) for $17K not worth it to me that one pin PotC would cost $15K

Also back in the day, I bought Tron, Iron Man and XMLE (three pins for $16K) even today I could get three pros for $17K (probably $15K for three used Stern pros).

No way in my book is Potc worth 3 Stern pros.

I love PotC but would rather have DP, Maiden and some other Stern pro or Hot Wheels.

#1182 3 years ago

Ok. Well, like I said, someone else may read it differently than me. It seemed to me that his implication was that it would take a lot to start the line back up for POTC (buying all the parts, etc.) and that JJP's heart was no longer in it. But I could be wrong.

He didn't actually *say* that, but it's a logical conclusion to draw. Spinning up parts isn't like ordering off Amazon. Plus who knows what the supplier lead times are now, if they're even working at capacity yet.

#1183 3 years ago

I’m not losing any sleep about Potc it’d be nice if it was remade because I don’t think it got enough exposure before it was gone, almost like TBL or Alien in that regard.

But... I’m banging my head against the wall either because my last game purchased was SW premium comic which (to me) is a better theme, I like Potc movies but I love SW.

And

R&M which I’m getting in October and I’ll have some room and space for something else like Maiden or GNR.

#1184 3 years ago

I read his statements as a clear indication of why they stopped the run and moved to Wonka, earlier than originally planned. It is not a clear indication that they will never run more.

I agree, almost sounds like if there's enough demand and lead time they can run it easily

#1185 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I’m not losing any sleep about Potc it’d be nice if it was remade because I don’t think it got enough exposure before it was gone, almost like TBL or Alien in that regard.
But... I’m banging my head against the wall either because my last game purchased was SW premium comic which (to me) is a better theme, I like Potc movies but I love SW.
And
R&M which I’m getting in October and I’ll have some room and space for something else like Maiden or GNR.

PotC had plenty of exposure. People were unforgiving a-holes at the time when the chest close feature and triple disc got pulled.

#1186 3 years ago
Quoted from cheshirefilms:

PotC had plenty of exposure. People were unforgiving a-holes at the time when the chest close feature and triple disc got pulled.

That's pretty harsh. How do you expect people to react when price is extremely high, long delays, and major features get removed with no compensation? People commented they were worried about huge depreciation and rightfully so. Excitement for the game was quickly heading south and there was zero indications this game would end up trading in the future for well over msrp.

#1187 3 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

That's pretty harsh. How do you expect people to react when price is extremely high, long delays, and major features get removed with no compensation? People commented they were worried about huge depreciation and rightfully so. Excitement for the game was quickly heading south and there was zero indications this game would end up trading in the future for well over msrp.

I expect people to want to play the game for one's self first, rather than buy on spec and announcement like people often do for Stern. If you're worried on depreciation maybe pinball isn't the right investment. I bought it not expecting any of those features to come back, and I played it with those features at TPF, so I knew what was lost as a player and it wasn't the world. Anyways, there was time for the mad folks to play it before it went away. Lots just didn't. That's all I can say.

#1188 3 years ago
Quoted from cheshirefilms:

I expect people to want to play the game for one's self first, rather than buy on spec and announcement like people often do for Stern. If you're worried on depreciation maybe pinball isn't the right investment. I bought it not expecting any of those features to come back, and I played it with those features at TPF, so I knew what was lost as a player and it wasn't the world. Anyways, there was time for the mad folks to play it before it went away. Lots just didn't. That's all I can say.

That's not entirely accurate regarding time to play. I got to play 2 pre production models at shows and enjoyed the game, but the 3 disc system was problematic and I understand why it was pulled. The first location POTC didn't show up in my area until months after production was stopped, so I'd bet only major areas where operators had deep pockets got to see the game on location, in time to order one.

#1189 3 years ago

That's not entirely accurate regarding time to play. I got to play 2 pre production models at shows and enjoyed the game, but the 3 disc system was problematic and I understand why it was pulled. The first location POTC didn't show up in my area until months after production was stopped, so I'd bet only major areas where operators had deep pockets got to see the game on location, in time to order one.

Agree. I have to play a pin before I buy it. I was interested in POTC but I didn't get a chance to even find one and play it before they cancelled production. Later, after I played it I was interested - but by then it had blown up to 12+K...so I was out. Wonka is really nice, and I feel GnR and/or Toy Story may help me forget about POTC anyway.

#1190 3 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

and I feel GnR and/or Toy Story may help me forget about POTC anyway.

I try to forget about the games I really like playing... But Somehow they keep ending up in my collection.

1 week later
#1191 3 years ago

There still might be a chance.....small chance.

b0542f34c415d82d332f106cef32569bfebe1dd5 (resized).jpgb0542f34c415d82d332f106cef32569bfebe1dd5 (resized).jpg
#1192 3 years ago

what?

#1193 3 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

[quoted image]

That's g@r ready to ship after the reveal tomorrow....

#1194 3 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

[quoted image]

Or still not.

#1195 3 years ago

How great would that be if they were all Pirates

#1196 3 years ago

This was spotted in a news interview.

db8ae21c1fb11be199b651a559856849ce2cc1d0.png (resized).jpgdb8ae21c1fb11be199b651a559856849ce2cc1d0.png (resized).jpg
#1197 3 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

[quoted image]

Sweet, a row of microwaves! Whens lunch?

#1198 3 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

[quoted image]

JJP has a POTC in their break area. Cool.

#1199 3 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

[quoted image]

Floor model going to a employee..... eric mentioned this on fb. No way they go back to potc after the huge positive feedback and purchases of g@r.... looking fwd to future releases as g@r looks amazing and I expect them.to keep impressing the more games released

#1200 3 years ago

FWIW - I didn't make any speculative statements or pretend to have inside information. I just shared a photo that was being speculated on in the GnR threads in the more relevant thread.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
There are 1,366 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 28.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/will-jjp-make-more-potc/page/24?hl=charlemagne1987 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.