9C3D70C2-74F8-4976-BF46-4CCB358F95ED (resized).jpeg
db8ae21c1fb11be199b651a559856849ce2cc1d0.png (resized).jpg
b0542f34c415d82d332f106cef32569bfebe1dd5 (resized).jpg
inconceivable (resized).jpg
post (resized).JPG
F36C7D82-6837-4E05-9DCE-9E45B466E428 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20200724-150800_Chrome (resized).jpg
47A75E61-189F-429D-A120-EF8279C6AE51 (resized).jpeg

There are 1,366 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 28.
#1051 3 years ago

One argument against a remake is that they would be competing with themselves and their new releases. GNR and Toy Story would have to compete with POTC for sales and assembly line time. The market for JJP games is smaller than that of a stern pro and in some ways they could be their own worst enemy.

But if there is a real chance to make additional $$$ then they should absolutely make it happen. Hopefully they have some insight into what potential sales could be.

#1052 3 years ago

No news about more POTC being made in the new JJP podcast that has the owner on. Based on what Brett said Pirates should be a "phase 2" game which he said JJP is still in and that they are going to phase 3. Not sure what that means but if they are in phase 2 it sounds like Pirates could still be remade. Also, the new factory is now complete according to Brett.

https://jjppodcast.libsyn.com/ep-1-jjp-owner-brett-abess?fbclid=IwAR3YlLVeAZvqgVM3VJSkmQgY_VlfnqdTXSMNX8GEGc887J3Ur5jkT5mR8

#1053 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

No news about more POTC being made in the new JJP podcast that has the owner on. Based on what Brett said Pirates is a "phase 2" game which he said JJP is still in and that they are going to phase 3. Not sure what that means but if they are in phase 2 it sounds like Pirates could still be remade. Also, the new factory is now complete according to Brett.
https://jjppodcast.libsyn.com/ep-1-jjp-owner-brett-abess?fbclid=IwAR3YlLVeAZvqgVM3VJSkmQgY_VlfnqdTXSMNX8GEGc887J3Ur5jkT5mR8

Thanks for posting the link! I will have to listen to it later.

#1054 3 years ago
Quoted from ViperJelly:

One argument against a remake is that they would be competing with themselves and their new releases. GNR and Toy Story would have to compete with POTC for sales and assembly line time. The market for JJP games is smaller than that of a stern pro and in some ways they could be their own worst enemy.
But if there is a real chance to make additional $$$ then they should absolutely make it happen. Hopefully they have some insight into what potential sales could be.

This has been my view. They are running this as a business and should be producing games that net them the largest margins so that they can fund future games, not satisfy a few hundred people at lower margins. If they run POTC again, they will need to raise the price substantially and/or find a way to reduce costs. I have my doubts it will ever be rerun. Is the license an issue? It could also be that once people see GnR and TS, they will forget all about POTC.

WOZ YBR basically had the same or lower build cost, yet they raised the price significantly. I'd expect the same for any rerun of POTC.

#1055 3 years ago
Quoted from ViperJelly:

This is consistent with how Williams did it back in the day. Even top selling games would eventually be discontinued so as not to cannibalize the market. Different time now though, so who knows.

#1056 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

No "oops" or "sorry" or "my bad" about not understanding his example with the cgc mm example? Just hitting us up with more of being a spicy little weenie?

Aw, I thought at least you’d understand spicy. Why do I need to understand a completely unrelatable example? Could it happen? Well gosh golly, it sure could. And while we’re at it, JJP could send any of those enhancements to current owners for free, with a sincere apology as well for making us wait. If we’re just talking about a fantasy theory with JJP POTC, fine. But reality? Nope.

#1057 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

This has been my view. They are running this as a business and should be producing games that net them the largest margins so that they can fund future games, not satisfy a few hundred people at lower margins. If they run POTC again, they will need to raise the price substantially and/or find a way to reduce costs. I have my doubts it will ever be rerun. Is the license an issue? It could also be that once people see GnR and TS, they will forget all about POTC.
WOZ YBR basically had the same or lower build cost, yet they raised the price significantly. I'd expect the same for any rerun of POTC.

This. Totally makes sense. POTC prices would need to be jacked to make it a profitable venture.

#1058 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

No news about more POTC being made in the new JJP podcast that has the owner on. Based on what Brett said Pirates should be a "phase 2" game which he said JJP is still in and that they are going to phase 3. Not sure what that means but if they are in phase 2 it sounds like Pirates could still be remade. Also, the new factory is now complete according to Brett.

He was really talking about the company's product maturity and ambitions... not what games are candidates to be made.

But I think he made it pretty clear... if you want more POTC - send your love letters to him - no one else.

#1059 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I'm of the opinion that is exactly why they stopped POTC... low margins and believing 'once you see wonka you'll forget all about POTC...' - but we saw how that actually went.

#1060 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I'm of the opinion that is exactly why they stopped POTC... low margins and believing 'once you see wonka you'll forget all about POTC...' - but we saw how that actually went.

i think/hope GNR will be different since Eric is on it and I am looking forward to getting one. I am probably in the minority, but I sold my POTC and don't miss it, Wonka has remained and I love playing it more than I did POTC.

I don't know who is doing TS, but that theme has huge potential.

#1061 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Keith Johnson said exactly why they stopped production on the “Bro do you pinball” podcast: the whinging over the triple spinning disc removal led to lesser presales, which lowered projections and lost them the margins on large parts orders, game became unsustainable. Then Wonka came around the corner and they went full in on that game

#1062 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

i think/hope GNR will be different since Eric is on it and I am looking forward to getting one. I am probably in the minority, but I sold my POTC and don't miss it, Wonka has remained and I love playing it more than I did POTC.

A while back it was said that Pat Lawler was designing Toy Story. I don't know for sure though things change.

#1063 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Not sure what that means but if they are in phase 2 it sounds like Pirates could still be remade.

Let me put it to you this way... they would love to make more Pirates because they know the demand is there. But considering how hard the game is to make and costly parts you probably won't see another run. My guess. But if you do see another run take this to the bank... the game will be $12,500.00.

I doubt JJP isn't looking around and seeing what the game is selling for so brace yourself for a 12,500 pricetag. If they do more CE games bet that will be $15,000.00 .

That is if it happens expect a much higher price. Personally once they get up and running again, moving onto GNR, and Toy Story I feel will be the focus going forward.

Remember GNR has more or less been done for months, and Wonka has been done for over a year which means Pat has probably almost finished Toy Story.

Once they relaunch production its going to be all about GNR, with Toy Story really close behind. Do I think you'll see more Pirates NOPE!

They're in the standard body business now, streamline all games. I give it less than 20%.

#1064 3 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Let me put it to you this way... they would love to make more Pirates because they know the demand is there. But considering how hard the game is to make and costly parts you probably won't see another run. My guess. But if you do see another run take this to the bank... the game will be $12,500.00.
I doubt JJP isn't looking around and seeing what the game is selling for so brace yourself for a 12,500 pricetag. If they do more CE games bet that will be $15,000.00 .
That is if it happens expect a much higher price. Personally once they get up and running again, moving onto GNR, and Toy Story I feel will be the focus going forward.
Remember GNR has more or less been done for months, and Wonka has been done for over a year which means Pat has probably almost finished Toy Story.
Once they relaunch production its going to be all about GNR, with Toy Story really close behind. Do I think you'll see more Pirates NOPE!
They're in the standard body business now, streamline all games. I give it less than 20%.

I thought the CE games were capped at 200 units, although I have seen games numbered over 200. I believe there a Pinsider who has POTC CE #203

#1065 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Keith Johnson said exactly why they stopped production on the “Bro do you pinball” podcast: the whinging over the triple spinning disc removal led to lesser presales, which lowered projections and lost them the margins on large parts orders, game became unsustainable. Then Wonka came around the corner and they went full in on that game

Same thing?

Low Margin build vs the new hotness that would otherwise be competing with said low margin build.

The low margin is what makes the game high risk vs the opportunity gain of selling another game with higher margins and (you think) higher demand.

JJP was living so thin they can't even be bothered to stock a service/parts department inventory for the game they just freaking built.

Demand was already looking up by TPF when they announced YBR... but they wouldn't commit to the build. That means they either 1) don't believe the demand was enough/real or 2) Think they would be better off building another title.

Given the party line answers given around that time... I still put my money on #2

#1066 3 years ago

I don't keep up with alot of JJP news, but is Toy Story gonna be a Lawlor game? With their new price structure of 7500/9500 on SE/LE, I could see myself grabbing one of those. Almost 20 years collecting games and never owned a Lawlor.

#1067 3 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

I don't keep up with alot of JJP news, but is Toy Story gonna be a Lawlor game? With their new price structure of 7500/9500 on SE/LE, I could see myself grabbing one of those. Almost 20 years collecting games and never owned a Lawlor.

We don't officially know the Next game title or price. Knowing the Next Next game details would simply be rumor guessing in my opinion.

#1068 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

We don't officially know the Next game title or price. Knowing the Next Next game details would simply be rumor guessing in my opinion.

You're 110% right! Lets use Toy Story as the CODE WORD for their game following GNR. Here is what I'm saying ... whatever that game is Pat has probably already nearly completed it. Wonka was done in production over a year ago... so whatever follows up GNR has to be really close to being done. Remember GNR was suppose to debut at TPF. I think we'll see the follow up to GNR around October/November just in time for Christmas.

Lets hope so! I've cleared out a lot of space for the next JJP games. I'll buy anything JJP!

#1069 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Same thing?
Low Margin build vs the new hotness that would otherwise be competing with said low margin build.
The low margin is what makes the game high risk vs the opportunity gain of selling another game with higher margins and (you think) higher demand.
JJP was living so thin they can't even be bothered to stock a service/parts department inventory for the game they just freaking built.
Demand was already looking up by TPF when they announced YBR... but they wouldn't commit to the build. That means they either 1) don't believe the demand was enough/real or 2) Think they would be better off building another title.
Given the party line answers given around that time... I still put my money on #2

Just adding more detail

#1070 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Same here I love Wonka more and its finally starting to get the love it deserves as more people play it in a home environment set up well. Even seeing a lot of people purchasing it on the jjp Facebook page and lots of love for it over the past few months just from talking with people and messaging on fb. Plus the standard is a great deal which helps alot too.

1 week later
#1071 3 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I thought the CE games were capped at 200 units, although I have seen games numbered over 200. I believe there a Pinsider who has POTC CE #203

They let people request numbers on the game even if it didn't fit under the limited number.So people could have ordered ant number but the production was still 200. So they say.

#1072 3 years ago

If this is true, probably doesn't bode well for more JJP Pirates from a Disney perspective. Looks like Johnny Depp is still out...

https://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/1139941-christina-hodson-margot-robbie-reunite-for-new-pirates-of-the-caribbean

1 week later
#1073 3 years ago

From JJP’s Instagram today

47A75E61-189F-429D-A120-EF8279C6AE51 (resized).jpeg47A75E61-189F-429D-A120-EF8279C6AE51 (resized).jpeg
#1074 3 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

From JJP’s Instagram today

I wouldn't get my hopes up. Buffalo Twitch feed tonight Eric VS Nick at 8:30pm EST on Pirates. Last week was on WOZ.

LTG : )

1 week later
#1075 3 years ago

There is one thing that all pinball players can count on when it comes to JJP. JJP listens to it's customers! They have made it clear that they listen to their customers and potential customers. The company's mission and drive is to be the best pinball company in the market with the highest level of brand loyalty. JJP will produce more POTC machines perhaps as a "Gold Edition" or something of that nature. Producing more POTC pins would create another degree of separation between JJP and Stern because it would prove that they do indeed take into account their customers wishes. JJP will go down as being the 'Player's Favorite' amongst pinball manufacturers because of the quality of their products and their high level of customer loyalty.

#1076 3 years ago

I would definitly by a new LE POTC

#1077 3 years ago
Quoted from STxPinball:

There is one thing that all pinball players can count on when it comes to JJP. JJP listens to it's customers! They have made it clear that they listen to their customers and potential customers. The company's mission and drive is to be the best pinball company in the market with the highest level of brand loyalty. JJP will produce more POTC machines perhaps as a "Gold Edition" or something of that nature. Producing more POTC pins would create another degree of separation between JJP and Stern because it would prove that they do indeed take into account their customers wishes. JJP will go down as being the 'Player's Favorite' amongst pinball manufacturers because of the quality of their products and their high level of customer loyalty.

So much about this post is... well... propaganda... As a JJP customer with several of their PINs, they aren't exactly unicorns and fairy tales...

Jeff

#1078 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

So much about this post is... well... propaganda... As a JJP customer with several of their PINs, they aren't exactly unicorns and fairy tales...
Jeff

Are you saying that there is no need to create more JJP POTC machines because they are currently easy to find if you want one?

#1079 3 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Are you saying that there is no need to create more JJP POTC machines because they are currently easy to find if you want one?

Simple economics. Used Pirates LE selling $12,500-$15,000. New Pirates LE special edition could sell for $11,500. Only question is demand. I can tell you that I would be an immediate buyer.

#1080 3 years ago

The real question is CAN JJP make more POTC machines?

Undoubtedly their license with Disney was for some limited time (which has likely already expired). Sure, they can try to re-negotiate an extension or something, but Disney licensing is a complicated (and expensive) thing. Disney will want either big$ up-front or a large cut of each machine (perhaps both), and may even require a guaranteed minimum number of units. If so, that minimum number could easily be larger than what JJP could reasonably sell as a re-release.

I'm sure that JJP is considering a re-release, it just may not be possible or economically reasonable.

#1081 3 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

The real question is CAN JJP make more POTC machines?
Undoubtedly their license with Disney was for some limited time (which has likely already expired). Sure, they can try to re-negotiate an extension or something, but Disney licensing is a complicated (and expensive) thing. Disney will want either big$ up-front or a large cut of each machine (perhaps both), and may even require a guaranteed minimum number of units. If so, that minimum number could easily be larger than what JJP could reasonably sell as a re-release.
I'm sure that JJP is considering a re-release, it just may not be possible or economically reasonable.

I agree. In addition to it possibly (probably) not being an economically sound move to make, I would add that churning out more versions of POTC the way they did with WOZ will only diminish the stature of the game...rather like whoring it out. Given all the headaches they had with this game in rolling it out, it was a long road to get POTC to this point where it is both desired and well-respected. Pumping out more re-issues would only decrease its esteemed reputation. Plus, I'd hate to see JJP go backwards, constantly churning out re-issues, etc. They make great games and are developing a great reputation. I'd like to see them focus on putting out new, fresh product. Lord knows there are enough cool titles out there that have yet to be tapped. Don't go backward, JJP. Go forward - always forward to new and even better innovations and themes. That's the way to keep people excited about your company.

#1082 3 years ago
Quoted from Charlemagne1987:

I agree. In addition to it possibly (probably) not being an economically sound move to make, I would add that churning out more versions of POTC the way they did with WOZ will only diminish the stature of the game...rather like whoring it out. Given all the headaches they had with this game in rolling it out, it was a long road to get POTC to this point where it is both desired and well-respected. Pumping out more re-issues would only decrease its esteemed reputation. Plus, I'd hate to see JJP go backwards, constantly churning out re-issues, etc. They make great games and are developing a great reputation. I'd like to see them focus on putting out new, fresh product. Lord knows there are enough cool titles out there that have yet to be tapped. Don't go backward, JJP. Go forward - always forward to new and even better innovations and themes. That's the way to keep people excited about your company.

Just depends on economics. If it was profitable to make and sell LEs at $9,500 and it is still profitable to do so at $9,500, a limited initial run of 200 units would probably quickly sell out at $11,500 given where used ones are selling.

#1083 3 years ago
Quoted from STxPinball:

I think it would be great if JJP remade this game (what if we need parts?!) but I have to believe they wouldn’t listen to their fans at a loss. At least I hope not!

#1084 3 years ago
Quoted from Noma2017:

Simple economics. Used Pirates LE selling $12,500-$15,000. New Pirates LE special edition could sell for $11,500. Only question is demand. I can tell you that I would be an immediate buyer.

Exactly, why does JJP still make WOZ? People are still buying it is the answer. Same with POTC, they will likely make more if the demand is there.

Quoted from Charlemagne1987:

will only diminish the stature of the game...rather like whoring it out.

It isn't whoring out the title. I know you are saying move forward - but you already have the POTC. This is for others that would like to own one. And besides, the next JJP (or the ones after) may NOT be as good as POTC. So pinball buyers may prefer POTC over GnR for example. I doubt JJP wants to see an expensive second hand JJP pin- they want to sell pins today and get profit on the NIB ones.

It boils down to this for me. JJP would be in a better position if they make more of the pins that people really like. If you didn't make enough in the first go around (or two) then put it back on the line and make more money.

#1085 3 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Exactly, why does JJP still make WOZ? People are still buying it is the answer. Same with POTC, they will likely make more if the demand is there.

It isn't whoring out the title. I know you are saying move forward - but you already have the POTC. This is for others that would like to own one. And besides, the next JJP (or the ones after) may NOT be as good as POTC. So pinball buyers may prefer POTC over GnR for example. I doubt JJP wants an expensive pin second hand JJP - they want to move pins today and get profit on the NIB ones.
It boils down to this for me. JJP would be in a better position if they make more of the pins that people really like. If you didn't make enough in the first go around (or two) then put it back on the line and make more money.

Agreed ...I’d buy a new one but not used at inflated prices that they’re going for .

#1086 3 years ago
Quoted from Noma2017:

Right. JJP is now selling the WOZ YBR version for $11.5 with a stripped out monkey mech. WOZ was originally $6,500 for early adapters and now that price has almost doubled for WOZ in 7 years and now you get less for it. If, and that is a big if, they do another run of Pirates there is 0 chance that the price on it will be $9,500 as it was originally and there is a decent chance that they remove a feature for price/reliability purposes.

With all the distancing Disney is doing from Johnny Depp, even after it seems the abuse allegations were fabricated, and apparently moving forward with Margot Robbie as the lead character in future Pirates movies, I seriously doubt if Disney would license more pins with his mug all over them anyway at this point.

#1087 3 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Right. JJP is now selling the WOZ YBR version for $11.5 with a stripped out monkey mech. WOZ was originally $6,500 for early adapters and now that price has essentially doubled for WOZ and you get less for it. If, and that is a big if, they do another run of Pirates there is 0 chance that the price on it will be $9,500 as it was originally and there is a decent chance that they remove a feature for price/reliability purposes.
With all the distancing Disney is doing from Johnny Depp, even after it seems the abuse allegations were fabricated, and apparently moving forward with Margot Robbie as the lead character in future Pirates movies, I seriously doubt if Disney would license more pins with his mug all over them anyway at this point.

I truly don’t know anything about how pinball licensing works. However, wouldn’t the original license most likely cover a few years to give them flexibility for sales? I know it’s Disney but would Disney really limit it to a couple years?

#1088 3 years ago
Quoted from Noma2017:

I truly don’t know anything about how pinball licensing works. However, wouldn’t the original license most likely cover a few years to give them flexibility for sales? I know it’s Disney but would Disney really limit it to a couple years?

I don't either, but Disney is pretty powerful. I believe the license was for 3 years, who knows when that time started or if that is totally accurate. Even if JJP technically *could* re-release more Pirates, if Disney says that they would rather they not do it I'm sure JJP would listen. If Disney came back and said go ahead, you *could* make more...but we rather you don't and if you do we probably won't be as willing to deal with you in the future, I would doubt they would want to risk that relationship. Kinda like the wife telling you, "Go ahead, go out with your friends..." She is technically giving you approval, but you know that is not what she is saying and that it isn't going to end there.

#1089 3 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

I don't either, but Disney is pretty powerful. I believe the license was for 3 years, who knows when that time started or if that is totally accurate. Even if JJP technically *could* re-release more Pirates, if Disney says that they would rather they not do it I'm sure JJP would listen. If Disney came back and said go ahead, you *could* make more...but we rather you don't and if you do we probably won't be as willing to deal with you in the future, I would doubt they would want to risk that relationship. Kinda like the wife telling you, "Go ahead, go out with your friends..." She is technically giving you approval, but you know that is not what she is saying and that it isn't going to end there.

That actually makes a lot of sense if that is Disney’s position and if a future pin is a Disney product!

#1090 3 years ago

Well, licensing is never a "maybe you can / maybe you can't" kind of deal (especially with Disney). I'm sure that JJP got POTC for a specific "window" that has likely already expired. Yes, they can try to negotiate an extension or such, but it will likely cost a lot (and Disney could easily be in a "we're-still-trying-to-decide-where-we-are-going-with-this-property" mode, and say "not right now").

It also could be that as a re-make, the reasonable number of units they could sell would be like 500. This means that the licensing cost has to be spread across only those units - making them very expensive.

So, it could easily be the case that JJP might WANT to make more POTC, but be unable to either because Disney won't allow the licensing, or that the cost of the license is just too high for a relatively small run of machines.

Now, what I COULD see happening is Disney licensing a "new" POTC property (i.e. with Margot Robbie instead of Depp) when/if the next movie becomes more solidified - and maybe at that point JJP could release an updated version with new artwork/audio that utilizes that new license. But that would likely be a ways off.

#1091 3 years ago

Maybe they will come out with an Amber Heard edition.

#1092 3 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

Well, licensing is never a "maybe you can / maybe you can't" kind of deal (especially with Disney). I'm sure that JJP got POTC for a specific "window" that has likely already expired. Yes, they can try to negotiate an extension or such, but it will likely cost a lot (and Disney could easily be in a "we're-still-trying-to-decide-where-we-are-going-with-this-property" mode, and say "not right now").
It also could be that as a re-make, the reasonable number of units they could sell would be like 500. This means that the licensing cost has to be spread across only those units - making them very expensive.
So, it could easily be the case that JJP might WANT to make more POTC, but be unable to either because Disney won't allow the licensing, or that the cost of the license is just too high for a relatively small run of machines.
Now, what I COULD see happening is Disney licensing a "new" POTC property (i.e. with Margot Robbie instead of Depp) when/if the next movie becomes more solidified - and maybe at that point JJP could release an updated version with new artwork/audio that utilizes that new license. But that would likely be a ways off.

If you know the game you'd see the five original films are very tied in, so any remake would have to nix all the original modes and wizard modes and start anew. Suffice it to say, *that* won't happen.

#1093 3 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

The window has likely expired? How do you know?

#1094 3 years ago
Quoted from Noma2017:

The window has likely expired? How do you know?

I don't "know" (which is why I said "likely"). Disney licenses are very expensive and are normally only for a couple of years at a time (which is exactly why there could be a JJP pirates after Stern's license for it expired).

Sure, JJP could have paid a fortune for a 5-year window, and then (stupidly) only made use of it for a short time, but that is not "likely". Odds are they got like a 2 year deal which has already completed.

Disney puts a very high premium on their properties (with good reason), and they are not easy to negotiate with. Their licenses normally come with many (and exacting) restrictions on when/how you can sell/market/use the property.

They aren't just going to say "Oh, you want to make some more...okay sure." Unless JJP negotiated some sort of re-release clause into the original contract (and that would be unusual), it won't be easy or cheap to get approval to build more.

#1095 3 years ago

Can anyone recall the last pin not re-manufactured due to license issues?
I remember people going on and on about how Monster Bash could never be remade for this particular reason but I think we all know the truth of that today.

#1096 3 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

I don't "know" (which is why I said "likely"). Disney licenses are very expensive and are normally only for a couple of years at a time (which is exactly why there could be a JJP pirates after Stern's license for it expired).
Sure, JJP could have paid a fortune for a 5-year window, and then (stupidly) only made use of it for a short time, but that is not "likely". Odds are they got like a 2 year deal which has already completed.
Disney puts a very high premium on their properties (with good reason), and they are not easy to negotiate with. Their licenses normally come with many (and exacting) restrictions on when/how you can sell/market/use the property.
They aren't just going to say "Oh, you want to make some more...okay sure." Unless JJP negotiated some sort of re-release clause into the original contract (and that would be unusual), it won't be easy or cheap to get approval to build more.

You are correct in Likely as nobody Really knows. But in the JJP chat session with the team they did say they had the license for 3 years. That game was showcased to start sales on 10/19/2017 so if that statement was factual it would depend on When the clock started ticking...... I personally wish they would crank out another run as it truly is an Amazing game that all should enjoy no matter what it does to resale value. Eric simply hit that one Out of the park!!!

#1097 3 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

Can anyone recall the last pin not re-manufactured due to license issues?
I remember people going on and on about how Monster Bash could never be remade for this particular reason but I think we all know the truth of that today.

Monster Bash and the universal monsters would be the one that comes to mind as you said. I guess if there is a second story about difficult licensing that comes to mind, it would be for JJP Pirates. Apparently in addition to negotiating with Disney they had to talk to each of the individual actors agents and get approval from them. That's why the mode scenes don't show any of the actor's faces or their audio and that's why Sao Feng played by the actor Chow Yun Fat isn't even in the game because he wouldn't allow it at any price.

#1098 3 years ago

Boils down to this-

Current potc owners constantly say no way more are being made, and if they do make more it will reduce its mystique. Basically they just don’t want their game to lose value, and that’s all they really care about.

People without the game want more made so we don’t have to pay the ridiculous inflated prices that potc has brought in.

I say if another run of 300-500 would profit jjp, and service the customers demand, then why wouldn’t they do another run? People shouldn’t buy a game with intention to make a profit, but rather because they want to own the game. I hope jjp does make more. They may not until after gnr is in production, but I think the demand is there to sell a quick few hundred games with little effort on jjp part. I went through the same thing owning my AC/DC premium before the vault was announced. I didn’t sell for a profit, but still own it. Guess what, I’m ok!! My game isn’t as valuable as it once was, but I can still get a fair price out of it. Again, I’m ok and I’m happy others were able to get a nib AC/DC and enjoy a great game.

#1099 3 years ago

Wasn’t all the chatter 2 years ago that it was a difficult build and had razor thin margins due to an assortment of reasons/issues?

Why would it be different this time around if true?

If it isn’t a cash cow it should not be re-run.

#1100 3 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Boils down to this-
Current potc owners constantly say no way more are being made, and if they do make more it will reduce its mystique. Basically they just don’t want their game to lose value, and that’s all they really care about.
People without the game want more made so we don’t have to pay the ridiculous inflated prices that potc has brought in.
I say if another run of 300-500 would profit jjp, and service the customers demand, then why wouldn’t they do another run? People shouldn’t buy a game with intention to make a profit, but rather because they want to own the game. I hope jjp does make more. They may not until after gnr is in production, but I think the demand is there to sell a quick few hundred games with little effort on jjp part. I went through the same thing owning my AC/DC premium before the vault was announced. I didn’t sell for a profit, but still own it. Guess what, I’m ok!! My game isn’t as valuable as it once was, but I can still get a fair price out of it. Again, I’m ok and I’m happy others were able to get a nib AC/DC and enjoy a great game.

Its not about the appreciation in my eyes getting squashed upon a reissue that's for me the issue- not really.

No. The key issue is about what the original owners DIDNT get for the money they spent in the first place if a subsequent run with fixed playfields came out, even if they jacked the price a bit.

Look, if they re-run the game and JJP wants to send the first 1000 owners a populated fixed playfield to drop into their machines then I'd say its all fair-square.

I'll even put return to sender on the token empty one they sent that is under my bed.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
There are 1,366 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 28.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/will-jjp-make-more-potc/page/22?hl=estrader and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.