9C3D70C2-74F8-4976-BF46-4CCB358F95ED (resized).jpeg
db8ae21c1fb11be199b651a559856849ce2cc1d0.png (resized).jpg
b0542f34c415d82d332f106cef32569bfebe1dd5 (resized).jpg
inconceivable (resized).jpg
post (resized).JPG
F36C7D82-6837-4E05-9DCE-9E45B466E428 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20200724-150800_Chrome (resized).jpg
47A75E61-189F-429D-A120-EF8279C6AE51 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,366 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 28.
#1001 3 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Yes! Just because the whole family loves the game doesn't mean we play all day. You guys crack me up with all the speculation and for your information, this baby is all but sold and still have 5 guys in line.

Oh man....so did you end up selling?

I was just reading your posts regarding placing the ramp back in position. You've been an owner and poster for ages on that board. Sad to see ya sell it.

#1002 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Oh man....so did you end up selling?
I was just reading your posts regarding placing the ramp back in position. You've been an owner and poster for ages on that board. Sad to see ya sell it.

Yeah it sold today! Great game! I really enjoyed working on it believe it or not. Thanks brother! ARRRGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!

#1003 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Nothing has yet compared to the Black Pearl mini playfield and the firing of the cannon.

Haven't played the pin very much but that was my favorite part as well. A very good gimmick.

3 weeks later
#1004 3 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Haven't played the pin very much but that was my favorite part as well. A very good gimmick.

It's still fun - one thing that is pretty vital to it holding up is that you frequently have to work very hard to make that one corner shot, and it's pretty easy (especially as a game goes on) to lose the ball over the side. You don't make it every single game; I've had lots of games where I never get the chance to sink the ship. Big part of the "one more game..."

#1005 3 years ago

For those interested, I have a beautiful JJP POTC LE up for sale. Chances are you are not going to like the price. You are going to think I am a greedy person. I am open to offers.

SOLD!
Machine - For Sale
HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) - “Up for sale is a beautiful JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Limited Edition. I am the second owner. Open to trades + Cash: Congo, CV, Scarred Stiff This game is flawless, and priced...”
2022-08-17
Walnut Creek, CA
23,500 (OBO)
Archived after: 51 days
Viewed: 3748 times
Contributed to Pinside

#1006 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

It's still fun - one thing that is pretty vital to it holding up is that you frequently have to work very hard to make that one corner shot, and it's pretty easy (especially as a game goes on) to lose the ball over the side. You don't make it every single game; I've had lots of games where I never get the chance to sink the ship. Big part of the "one more game..."

The worst is game over with xball still lit. So hard, but feels so good when you collect it.

#1007 3 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

The worst is game over with xball still lit. So hard, but feels so good when you collect it.

LOL just had a game where I couldn’t pull off getting the EB. Major shame. Yep.

#1008 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

For those interested, I have a beautiful JJP POTC LE up for sale. Chances are you are not going to like the price. You are going to think I am a greedy person. I am open to offers.

yup, you covered it!!!

Archived after 0 days

Not sold: Decided to keep game

Machine - For Sale

Pirates of the Caribbean (LE) Loaded

New!
Archived

HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) “Up for sale is my beautiful JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Limited Edition. I am the second owner.

This game has NO issues and plays like no other. The playfield is solid. When I g...”

2020-06-09

Walnut Creek, CA

17,000 (OBO)

Soulrider911

#1010 3 years ago

That’s weird, I could of sworn that POTC was listed for $16,000 did the price go up?

#1011 3 years ago

Boggles the mind that you would NOT remake them with such a demand. Get pre-orders and remake them when you hit 250 orders.... Why would you be against making money?

#1012 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

I have a beautiful JJP POTC LE up for sale.

Only Downvoted you.....as it's a Bummer you have to sell it !!!!!

#1013 3 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Totally Agree.. I only hit it by luck....ricocheting off left bumper.

My wife hits the EB all the time....I Suck

#1014 3 years ago
Quoted from HarryReimer:

Boggles the mind that you would NOT remake them with such a demand. Get pre-orders and remake them when you hit 250 orders.... Why would you be against making money?

Yeah it would be crazy not to make more given the demand and prices. I recently bought both a R&M and JP Premium NIB for less than what people are asking for JPOTC Le's.

#1015 3 years ago

I’ve decided that May 2021 would be the ideal time for me for JJP to remake this. JJP, please take note.

#1016 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Yeah it would be crazy not to make more given the demand and prices. I recently bought both a R&M and JP Premium NIB for less than what people are asking for JPOTC Le's.

JP is a superb game!.. It's not a Pirates, just sayin' Thus why I could not let mine go, the joy the game brings is just amazing.

#1017 3 years ago
Quoted from HarryReimer:

Not disagreeing with you, but I highly doubt JJP has the money to make more games....they can't even stock spare parts....

#1018 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Their not just asking...POTC LE's in great shape with mods are selling 15K+ .... probably because the likelihood of JJP remaking the game is small

#1019 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I agree. It would be terrible business not to make more. For crying out loud, make people prepay and then you’ll have all the cash you need to make a run. I would be shocked if they didn’t (unless some crazy licensing or other type problem).

#1020 3 years ago

I know this. I’m not going to ever pay $12k+ for a potc or any game for that matter. If jjp does make more potc, then all the buyers that overpaid will not be happy. I hope they make more for more people to enjoy, but if not, other great games are coming instead. This potc hype has gotten ridiculous on pricing, and while it’s a great game, it’s way overpriced. Jjp should see this and make another 500 at least to get a piece of the hype pie.

#1021 3 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I know this. I’m not going to ever pay $12k+ for a potc or any game

People have been making this exact claim for years, only at a lower price.

#1022 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Not disagreeing with you, but I highly doubt JJP has the money to make more games....they can't even stock spare parts....

If I had a quarter for every single time I saw you post this mad hatter theory, I'd be halfway to owning a pirates. Enough with this. Just because you keep saying something doesn't make it into being.

Every time I read it I do a double take to make sure I'm not looking at an old post. Nope. Yet another post almost exactly as the others. Your theory is flawed. There are parts for woz that aren't in stock, yet shockingly they keep making that game. How can this be?!?!

#1023 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

If I had a quarter for every single time I saw you post this mad hatter theory, I'd be halfway to owning a pirates. Enough with this. Just because you keep saying something doesn't make it into being.
Every time I read it I do a double take to make sure I'm not looking at an old post. Nope. Yet another post almost exactly as the others. Your theory is flawed. There are parts for woz that aren't in stock, yet shockingly they keep making that game. How can this be?!?!

Dreams are free....apparently this "mad hatter" theory to date has been proven correct....JJP hasn't stocked wire forms for POTC is almost a year....WOZ is a game they've made from day 1 so not a surprise they have parts.

#1024 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Dreams are free....apparently this "mad hatter" theory to date has been proven correct....JJP hasn't stocked wire forms for POTC is almost a year....WOZ is a game they've made from day 1 so not a surprise they have parts.

What’s wrong with your wire form? I’d be willing to help you fix it no cost if you like. You can PM me if you like.

#1025 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

wait a min... you have been blabbering on about them not making anymore for this whole time... because they dont have any wireforms on hand?

Don't worry, there will be wireforms made for the next run, but that is a part that is contracted out and made JIT.
That is a part that gets ordered to the exact number with very little overage as it is completely game specific.
They can also be easily remade, with a simple re-order to the contractor. 1 month to blast out a full run. 1 month to get powder coated. Granted, JJP likely wont release those parts until the next run is announced officially.

#1026 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Perhaps you didn't read what I said. There are tons of woz parts that they DON'T have. Yet they keep cranking them out.

#1027 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

wait a min... you have been blabbering on about them not making anymore for this whole time... because they dont have any wireforms on hand?
Don't worry, there will be wireforms made for the next run, but that is a part that is contracted out and made JIT.
That is a part that gets ordered to the exact number with very little overage as it is completely game specific.
They can also be easily remade, with a simple re-order to the contractor. 1 month to blast out a full run. 1 month to get powder coated. Granted, JJP likely wont release those parts until the next run is announced officially.

I hope your right, but I wouldn't hold my breath....

#1028 3 years ago

If they were not moving the factory, I would agree with you.

If I was running the factory and we had plans to remake a pin like POTC, I would have held off on the remake and ordering of parts until after the factory move. The factory move had to been in the works at least 12 months, if not longer. This gives you plenty of time for planning.

Why order lots of replacement parts that you are going to have to move from one location to another? You want to use up your parts before the move in order to limit losses due to damaged parts or things being misplaced (lost) during the move. It would also cost additional money to move a bunch of parts that your could have just waited to order after the move. Think limiting losses while moving a factory.

I would wait until after the move to have my suppliers build me new parts.

Since these companies like to keep vaults and remakes so secret. They most likely would not sell any new replacement parts until they have released the remake. If you start selling replacement parts that were out of stock, it might signal to buyers that a remake is coming. You also wouldn't be sending out parts to customers because you are moving them from one location to anther. Maybe they have replacement parts and chose to pack them up for the move and not sell them yet. In addition, if you had all of the parts on hand to fulfill replacement orders, customers would be clamoring even louder about them remaking the pin because they have all of the parts to build more. If you do not have parts on hand, the noise from customers will be lower.

It would also be easier to let your stock of replacement parts dwindle to nothing. Then when it comes time to place orders for the remake, you include your replacement parts quantities in with the remake quantities. One order for both sets of parts.

I could come up with lots of reasons to be out of replacement parts. But at this time, the factory move makes the most sense as to why they do not have them.

Now, 9-12 months after the move if there is still no replacement parts, then I would say no remake is coming in the near future.

They also are pretty good at scheduling their new pin releases. They also would not want to remake POTC at the same time they are going to release a new pin like GNR or Toy Story. The remake of POTC would be scheduled in between new releases. Then buyers do not have to pick and chose which pin to buy.

One final word, I know this is a long shot, what if JJP took some time to work out the issues they initially had with POTC and is planning on remaking it as it was originally intended to be made. With all of the original features. This would be a way of showing customers that you can build what you originally intended without admitting to failure. If they never remake it and never correct the issues they had, then they truly did fail.

And lastly, maybe there was licensing issues that prevented them from remaking it. I know nothing about licensing, so I will leave this up to the experts.

But until the move is complete, factory is up and running, new pins being released and customers receiving the new pins, one can only wait and see (hope).

#1029 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

It's the internet, even if you don't know what you're talking about, just keep repeating it.

It's a company that doesn't release production numbers, never mind financial documents, yet people like to act like experts or insiders, commenting on something they have zero clue about.

#1030 3 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

If they were not moving the factory, I would agree with you.
If I was running the factory and we had plans to remake a pin like POTC, I would have held off on the remake and ordering of parts until after the factory move. The factory move had to been in the works at least 12 months, if not longer. This gives you plenty of time for planning.
Why order lots of replacement parts that you are going to have to move from one location to another? You want to use up your parts before the move in order to limit losses due to damaged parts or things being misplaced (lost) during the move. It would also cost additional money to move a bunch of parts that your could have just waited to order after the move. Think limiting losses while moving a factory.
I would wait until after the move to have my suppliers build me new parts.
Since these companies like to keep vaults and remakes so secret. They most likely would not sell any new replacement parts until they have released the remake. If you start selling replacement parts that were out of stock, it might signal to buyers that a remake is coming. You also wouldn't be sending out parts to customers because you are moving them from one location to anther. Maybe they have replacement parts and chose to pack them up for the move and not sell them yet. In addition, if you had all of the parts on hand to fulfill replacement orders, customers would be clamoring even louder about them remaking the pin because they have all of the parts to build more. If you do not have parts on hand, the noise from customers will be lower.
It would also be easier to let your stock of replacement parts dwindle to nothing. Then when it comes time to place orders for the remake, you include your replacement parts quantities in with the remake quantities. One order for both sets of parts.
I could come up with lots of reasons to be out of replacement parts. But at this time, the factory move makes the most sense as to why they do not have them.
Now, 9-12 months after the move if there is still no replacement parts, then I would say no remake is coming in the near future.
They also are pretty good at scheduling their new pin releases. They also would not want to remake POTC at the same time they are going to release a new pin like GNR or Toy Story. The remake of POTC would be scheduled in between new releases. Then buyers do not have to pick and chose which pin to buy.
One final word, I know this is a long shot, what if JJP took some time to work out the issues they initially had with POTC and is planning on remaking it as it was originally intended to be made. With all of the original features. This would be a way of showing customers that you can build what you originally intended without admitting to failure. If they never remake it and never correct the issues they had, then they truly did fail.
And lastly, maybe there was licensing issues that prevented them from remaking it. I know nothing about licensing, so I will leave this up to the experts.
But until the move is complete, factory is up and running, new pins being released and customers receiving the new pins, one can only wait and see (hope).

These are good points, but I disagree that they would remake it as originally intended. If you mean the three disks, to release that after the fact would be a bit of a slap in the face to the original customers and generate more bad will than good. I can’t see them doing that.

#1031 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

These are good points, but I disagree that they would remake it as originally intended. If you mean the three disks, to release that after the fact would be a bit of a slap in the face to the original customers and generate more bad will than good. I can’t see them doing that.

I know it is a long shot. But if I was the guy responsible for that pin, I would want to make it as intended. I would hate the fact that it never became what I dreamed up. They could charge more for these features. Or put it in a CE.

#1032 3 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

I know it is a long shot. But if I was the guy responsible for that pin, I would want to make it as intended. I would hate the fact that it never became what I dreamed up. They could charge more for these features. Or put it in a CE.

I would be absolutely shocked if they every remade this pin and included the three disk mech. I give it a 0.01% chance of ever happening. Why upset and alienate the 1,000 existing owners? It would be one thing if it could be offered as a purchasable upgrade to existing owners, but because the size of the hole in the playfield is different between the current single disk and the triple disk, this would not be an option. If I was the guy responsible for the pin, I wouldn't want to screw over the loyal customers who already purchased the game with the single disk.

Now the opening and closing chest - that is another story. JJP could easily add that back in and sell it as an aftermarket mod to the existing owners (which already exists from third party mod makers).

#1033 3 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

Yeah, we heard ya the first time, but they’ll never do it. Can’t do that to all the original customers, talk about a major shitstorm. Original creation would have been awesome.

#1034 3 years ago
Quoted from JoinTheCirqus:

Yeah, we heard ya the first time, but they’ll never do it. Can’t do that to all the original customers, talk about a major shitstorm. Original creation would have been awesome.

I don't think they will do it. But they could do it and get away with it by giving it a special name and charging a premium price.
JJP POTC Meunier's Map Maelstrom Medition $15K

#1035 3 years ago

dupe

#1036 3 years ago

They couldn’t do it as a CE but like Hobbit & WOZ RR & YBR editions.. JJP has shown if there are games to be sold they will build them and sell them.

#1037 3 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

They couldn’t do it as a CE but like Hobbit & WOZ RR & YBR editions.. JJP has shown if there are games to be sold they will build them and sell them.

Those were cosmetic changes only on the Hobbit and WoZ, except for losing the monkey. Any short term gain by putting in a feature left out of production to date would be minor compared to the negative backlash from existing owners, and owners thinking about the next purchase. They should just remake them as is if they can, that would be a major coup.

#1038 3 years ago

So, isn’t this similar to CGC’s MMr Royal Edition? Didn’t CGC upgrade hardware in the pin and then re-release it? I don’t se any shitstorm over it.

From CGC’s website-

“Medieval Madness Remake is available in three models specifically designed for each level of the pinball marketplace: the Classic Edition, the Special Edition, and the Royal Edition. ALL three models include numerous features that were never before available and are exclusive to Medieval Madness Remake.”

#1039 3 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

So, isn’t this similar to CGC’s MMr Royal Edition? Didn’t CGC upgrade hardware in the pin and then re-release it? I don’t se any shitstorm over it.
From CGC’s website-
“Medieval Madness Remake is available in three models specifically designed for each level of the pinball marketplace: the Classic Edition, the Special Edition, and the Royal Edition. ALL three models include numerous features that were never before available and are exclusive to Medieval Madness Remake.”

You still blabbing on about this? MM was made 23 years ago, Bally/Williams no longer make pinball machines dude.

Terrible comparison.

#1040 3 years ago

You still blabbing on about this? MM was made 23 years ago, Bally/Williams no longer make pinball machines dude.
Terrible comparison.

Ah, I am talking about CGC’s MMr. Not the original. Re-read what I posted and then go here if you want to read more.

https://www.chicago-gaming.com/coinop/medieval-madness

#1041 3 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

Ah, I am talking about CGC’s MMr. Not the original. Re-read what I posted and then go here if you want to read more.
https://www.chicago-gaming.com/coinop/medieval-madness

No, read what I wrote. You’re comparing a 1997 Original MM game to a CGC MMr remake more than 20 years later. Bally/Williams hasn’t been in business for 20 years. Good lord.

Terrible comparison.

#1042 3 years ago

I believe he’s comparing mmr LE to the newer (and many more features) Royal Edition. There was a bit of distress about it, but cgc “did the right thing” making upgrade kits available for sale for original LE owners. The price of the LE plus the new kit was about the same as the Royal so it pacified existing owners (like me).

That being said, I bought the RE anyway because I didn’t want to hassle with the upgrades. I would probably do this if they released a potc with more features.

#1043 3 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

I believe he’s comparing mmr LE to the newer (and many more features) Royal Edition. There was a bit of distress about it, but cgc “did the right thing” making upgrade kits available for sale for original LE owners. The price of the LE plus the new kit was about the same as the Royal so it pacified existing owners (like me).
That being said, I bought the RE anyway because I didn’t want to hassle with the upgrades. I would probably do this if they released a potc with more features.

Yes!

#1044 3 years ago

Plus the fact if you ever played the prototype with the 3-way wheel, it didn’t make the ball go any differently (it actually moved around less if you can believe that) and it would have been a maintenance nightmare. Imagine all the whiners who don’t understand why their NIB game does play like a video game day 1.. and now they have to troubleshoot a complicated 3-part spinning mech? No thank you.

#1045 3 years ago

Yes what?..

Weird discussion if even for hypothetical reasons.

If you’re living in fantasy land and think this has a real chance at happening, just name the $ amount and I’ll make that wager with you that it won’t.

#1046 3 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

I believe he’s comparing mmr LE to the newer (and many more features) Royal Edition.

Yes to paynemic’s post.

He understood my comparison. In fact he did exactly what I thought had happened. He confirmed that this exact possibility has been done before. So it could be done again. That is, a company re-making a pin with upgraded hardware and customers willing to buy it. So if it has been done in the past it could be done again. In fact, it wasn’t done in the past, it is actually occurring right now!

#1047 3 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

Yes to paynemic’s post.
He understood my comparison. In fact he did exactly what I thought had happened. He confirmed that this exact possibility has been done before. So it could be done again. That is, a company re-making a pin with upgraded hardware and customers willing to buy it. So if it has been done in the past it could be done again. In fact, it wasn’t done in the past, it is actually occurring right now!

Way different situations.. wont happen in potc case bc originals can not be retrofitted with the triple disk mech. Also its not needed.. its a neat effect but the video of it is very well done and the current spinning mech works very nice and is not a maintaince nightmare. Funny were talking about adding things and if anything I believe if by some miracle they do another run its possible it cld be missing a few things like the newer woz was. Only time will tell but its gonna b a while if something does happen. I say move on and let's get some new pins out and shipping first then worry about older pins if the newer ones are not selling well.

#1048 3 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Way different situations.. wont happen in potc case bc originals can not be retrofitted with the triple disk mech. Also its not needed.. its a neat effect but the video of it is very well done and the current spinning mech works very nice and is not a maintaince nightmare. Funny were talking about adding things and if anything I believe if by some miracle they do another run its possible it cld be missing a few things like the newer woz was. Only time will tell but its gonna b a while if something does happen. I say move on and let's get some new pins out and shipping first then worry about older pins if the newer ones are not selling well.

Not to mention there is doubt around the availability of the license.

#1049 3 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

Yes to paynemic’s post.

Time to put up or shut up, let’s put some money on it...

#1050 3 years ago

Time to put up or shut up, let’s put some money on it...

No "oops" or "sorry" or "my bad" about not understanding his example with the cgc mm example? Just hitting us up with more of being a spicy little weenie?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 20.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,366 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 28.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/will-jjp-make-more-potc/page/21 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.