9C3D70C2-74F8-4976-BF46-4CCB358F95ED (resized).jpeg
db8ae21c1fb11be199b651a559856849ce2cc1d0.png (resized).jpg
b0542f34c415d82d332f106cef32569bfebe1dd5 (resized).jpg
inconceivable (resized).jpg
post (resized).JPG
F36C7D82-6837-4E05-9DCE-9E45B466E428 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20200724-150800_Chrome (resized).jpg
47A75E61-189F-429D-A120-EF8279C6AE51 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,366 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 28.
#801 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

You're becoming the CNN of Pinball.
Let me provide some facts about the current potc market. Current is the operative word.
I put mine up to test the market. I wasn't selling for 12k, 13k, 14k or even 14.5k. I needed 15k no less. Otherwise I'm keeping it.
Game sold in less than 24 hours and I have two guys behind him.
Could be COVID boredom but the market has spoken.
Ok continue speculating about pirates....I just had to drop in some facts. Cheers

Thx. So 2 selling at 12k in the last month after they were advertised for a month.

1 sold at 15k by you.

Appreciate the data point. From what I see, your sale is the odd man out currently.

Maybe the price of these shot up 3k in the past week? I am guessing one rich dude that was bored and you were the right time and spot.

Considering there are multiple other examples on the market that are sitting currently at 12.5 asking... I think the market on these is pretty clear currently.

#802 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Thx. So 2 selling at 12k in the last month after they were advertised for a month.
1 sold at 15k by you.
Appreciate the data point. From what I see, your sale is the odd man out currently.
Maybe the price of these shot up 3k in the past week? I am guessing one Rick due that was bored and you were the right time and spot.

And your guess would be wrong. I had two other guys as well. And that was less than 24hrs.

Demand for this game is real imo. HUO. No one wants routed.

My advice would be to stop guessing.

#803 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

And your guess would be wrong but not surprised. I had two others same thing. And that was one day.

My advice would be to tell them about the others that are sitting in the open market for 12.5 k. Save them 2.5k by just being a nice guy and letting them know others are available. Lol

#804 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

My advice would be to tell them about the others that are sitting in the open market for 12.5 k. Save them 2.5k by just being a nice guy and letting them know others are available. Lol

Yes I'll tell them to buy the one on route. Like they don't know what's in the marketplace either. Haha

I know you somehow mean well but no need to be jealous. It clouds your judgement.

#805 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

1 sold at 15k by you.
Maybe the price of these shot up 3k in the past week? I am guessing one rich dude that was bored and you were the right time and spot.
Considering there are multiple other examples on the market that are sitting currently at 12.5 asking... I think the market on these is pretty clear currently.

LE sold here for 12.5k in just days just before the storm hit.

When will you stop acting like the omni-present force in the pinball market?

#806 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Yes I'll tell them to buy the one on route. Like they don't know what's in the marketplace either. Haha
I know you somehow mean well but no need to be jealous. It clouds your judgement.

I am pretty sure you are the one with clouded judgement. If you think a game w 800 plays is some sort of detractor to a sale. Like “on route” is a bad thing. Lol. Game is just tuned in by then and not cluttered up with a bunch of aftermarket crap.

Reality of facts:
Multiple LEs that took a month to sell while well advertised at 12.5

Delta sells one example at 15 and claims to have multiple other buyers waiting in line.

Yet there are multiple other examples on open market for 12.5 that are not selling.

It is pretty obvious one of these does not add up with the others.

#807 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I am pretty sure you are the one with clouded judgement. If you think a game w 800 plays is some sort of detractor to a sale. Like “on route” is a bad thing. Lol. Game is just tuned in by then and not cluttered up with a bunch of aftermarket crap.
Reality of facts:
Delta sells one example at 15 and claims to have multiple other buyers waiting in line.
Yet there are multiple other examples on open market for 12.5 that are not selling.

I don't think it's a detractor....I know it is. Otherwise it would have sold.

Collectors don't want routed games period.

Hilton - there is a lot for you to learn. I'll leave it at that. Continue speculating.

#808 3 years ago

I’ve only seen a couple sell below 12k since they started showing up in the marketplace and they were either routed or had PF chipping issues that original owner disclosed. Even with all of that, they were selling at or above original price.

#809 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Dude I get your pissed you can't afford one, but give it a rest...

#810 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

And your guess would be wrong. I had two other guys as well. And that was less than 24hrs.
Demand for this game is real imo. HUO. No one wants routed.

You need to understand whysnow only uses data that supports his own claims. Your sale doesn’t not fit into his warped reality. He has his sights set on owning POTC. So he’s going to dump on any current and future sales, casually mention things like defective playfields and aftermarket crap to devalue what’s currently out there.

#811 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I don't think it's a detractor....I know it is. Otherwise it would have sold.
Collectors don't want routed games period.
Hilton - there is a lot for you to learn. I'll leave it at that. Continue speculating.

Lol. How many times have you bought and sold this game?

I think we all have lots to learn. That is the beauty of life. Granted, I am pretty spot on with the pinball market.

Quoted from PtownPin:

Dude I get your pissed you can't afford one, but give it a rest...

Ummm. That is pretty funny. My finances are zero of you business, but safe to say that a POTC would just be 1% of my pinball collection. That said, I will just buy NIB on the next run at 9.5k. I see no reason to deal with the defective playfields when that has been fixed going fwd.

#812 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Lol. How many times have you bought and sold this game?
I think we all have lots to learn. That is the beauty of life. Granted, I am pretty spot on with the pinball market.

Ummm. That is pretty funny. My finances are zero of you business, but safe to say that a POTC would just be 1% of my pinball collection. That said, I will just buy NIB on the next run at 9.5k. I see no reason to deal with the defective playfields when that has been fixed going fwd.

Totally agree its none of my business, but clearly u are upset at the current pricing of a POTC LE. If you want one than go buy one...there are plenty of great games with no issues .... your never gonna get one at $9500...its a pipe dream

#813 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Reality of facts:

All you have to do is look at the market archive to see that the going rate is $12k+ for nice HUO examples. Saying a machine is overpriced because it took a month to sell in the midst of the virus is BS. You know any high end game can sit for several weeks depending on location. You're saying JJP will readily sell 500+ at $10k delivered but they are hard to move at $12k. $2k usually doesn't make the difference between make-or-break in this hobby. Yes, the existing ones are prone to pooling (which can be readily fixed), but they are also relatively limited. Combined with machines shipping back from EU to sell in the US, there just doesn't seem to be a big market for this, or any 3+ year old title, at $10k+. No doubt JJP could sell 100's more at $10k, but I'm skeptical that they wouldn't make just as much profit or more selling the same or fewer units at $12k.

#814 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

That said, I will just buy NIB on the next run at 9.5k. I see no reason to deal with the defective playfields when that has been fixed going fwd.

There is no next run at 9.5k.

#815 3 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

remember WOZYBR

#816 3 years ago

I like the argument about the cost and pricing of a new run. I find it hard to believe JJP would make them at 9500 ever again. Theirs just too much in the game and they are probably selling plenty of wonkas at 12.5k and know they can get that price out of their games when marketed right. Even a geared down WOZ is selling at 11.5 so why would they sell a run of Pirates under 11? If they ever run another run it would have to be a special limited run to get people all in and the especially given the fact when, or if, it happens we will be seeing a lot of new games to spend our money on.If they were to strip down the game and take the rocking playfield out to hit the 9500 like they did with WOZ I know I would not get one. My crystal ball says no rerun for 2 years out and a special edition of 500 units at 12,500. This will be after they get out 3 new titles, but that said, the game will still be great and will sell out.

#817 3 years ago

Guys I hear Chicago Gaming Company is good at making remakes of popular discontinued titles.

#818 3 years ago
Quoted from Crumbalimb:

they are probably selling plenty of wonkas at 12.5k and know they can get that price out of their games

Are you serious? Wonka CE are readily available! From what I understand they didn’t even come close to selling out. The demand for $12,500 NIB games is VERY limited. IMHO if JJP raises their pricing to $12,500 on new in box games they won’t be in business very much longer.

#819 3 years ago

Watching these arguments makes me know one thing for sure: Grown ass men cannot spell.

#820 3 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Not currently, but you like everyone else can be sure it is coming at some point.

Just a matter of time and timing.

#821 3 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Are you serious? Wonka CE are readily available! From what I understand they didn’t even come close to selling out. The demand for $12,500 NIB games is VERY limited. IMHO if JJP raises their pricing to $12,500 on new in box games they won’t be in business very much longer.

I'm sure the number would drop some, but not much....TBL is selling at $12.5K and its not half the game POTC is....people who can drop $10K on a game could care less about another couple grand if its a game they really want.

#822 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I'm sure the number would drop some, but not much....TBL is selling at $12.5K and its not half the game POTC is....people who can drop $10K on a game could care less about another couple grand if its a game they really want.

The main reason that TBL is selling for that price is because there are only around 100 of them. If there was 1000 of them like JPOTC, it would be a $7k game.

When the time is right there will be more JPOTC made. Its just a matter of when and at what price. I like the game (mainly the layout and toys) but I'm much more excited to see what Eric does with GNR. Since Slash is involved I have a feeling the theme integration is going to be excellent as the licensor shouldn't be holding them back on that game like on JPOTC.

#823 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

TBL is selling at $12.5K and its not half the game POTC is....people who can drop $10K on a game could care less about another couple grand if its a game they really want.

I care.. a lot! I paid $8500 for
My NIB TBL, if DP had made 2000 TBL instead of 100 TBL they would not be selling them at $12,500.

#824 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

The main reason that TBL is selling for that price is because there are only around 100 of them. If there was 1000 of them like JPOTC, it would be a $7k game.
When the time is right there will be more JPOTC made. Its just a matter of when and at what price. I like the game (mainly the layout and toys) but I'm much more excited to see what Eric does with GNR. Since Slash is involved I have a feeling the theme integration is going to be excellent as the licensor shouldn't be holding them back on that game like on JPOTC.

True, but their now pumping out more games with no end in sight and NIB games are $12.5K, and selling much higher in the market place....the only way POTC get made again is if JJP actually starts making $ on future games or they file BK and sell off their assets

#825 3 years ago

love this bitchfest!

#826 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I Dont know about us sales at that price point, but europé is pretty much out at 12.5 k usd.
With freight and taxes it will cost around 16k usd here in europé.

If it came back at 9.5k with all the issues adressed. It would probably sell a lot.
I for one would Buy.

#827 3 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I care.. a lot! I paid $8500 for
My NIB TBL, if DP has made 2000 TBL instead of 100 TBL they would not be selling them at $12,500.

I think the rarity as selling point is crap.
If it's a great game, let more people enjoy it.
If it's a great game, the more games, the better availabilty for spare parts and lastabilty for your great game.

Why would you wanna pay big money for a really rare game, esp a modern game with advanced complicated mechs and electronics.
There will be zero chance to get spare parts when something breaks.

#828 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

True, but their now pumping out more games with no end in sight and NIB games are $12.5K, and selling much higher in the market place....the only way POTC get made again is if JJP actually starts making $ on future games or they file BK and sell off their assets

I haven't been following the DP threads but I have a hard time believing they'll sell more than a couple hundred games at the $12.5k price point. At their current volume they are an ultra boutique manufacturer. If there were 1000 units in existence already for TBL there would be more supply than demand.

I think even 500 more JPOTC at $9500 would be a tough sale in the current market. I think the biggest reason for the demand right now is the lack of other NIB options. I think once more games like GNR and TMNT start hitting the assembly line, demand will waiver. Its a great game but the theme integration really brings it down.

#829 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I wouldn’t say Dutch pinball is pumping out games, they have made something like 20 games in last 6 months. I hope DP gets their production ramped and all EA’s get their games. My point is that there are something like 80 or 90 TBL’s in the world and that is why they cost 12.5k and sell higher on the open market. When there are 500 + TBL out there it will be a $10k game tops... IMHO

#830 3 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

love this bitchfest!

Just seems like fun speculation to me. Discussion is actually staying pretty civil. Would rather kill time here then another “which one should I buy” thread. POTC is actually a pretty unique situation - don’t think there is another game in the home collector era that sold so poorly and a short time later is considered maybe the best ever.

#831 3 years ago

How about doing a kickstarter?

#832 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I’m out at 12K for any game.

10K is my max and it better be damn close to the second coming at that price. I can afford it, but I just feel like I’m getting taken at this level of pricing. And I like Pirates a lot. I play it at the Silverball Museum quite frequently.

#833 3 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

10K is my max and it better be damn close to the second coming at that price. I can afford it, but I just feel like I’m getting taken at this level of pricing. And I like Pirates a lot. I play it at the Silverball Museum quite frequently.

Yep. Me too. I would consider getting one at $9500-10000. I’m out at $12000. You have to draw the line somewhere.

#834 3 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Thats my point with JJP games....with shipping and possibly sales tax a JJP LE is over $10K NIB....they couldn't make money at those prices so hopefully by scaling down their games and getting realistic on pricing they can start turning a profit....POTC as a wide body is fully loaded with features. I highly doubt JJP will make another game like it.

#835 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Thx for sharing. Appreciate when people set the pumpers straight with some actual facts. Good advice also.

No problem. The game that just sold for $15k had as advertised $1,500 + in mods installed and was in perfect shape. A lot of those mods and Cliffys are a pain in the ass to install, it's nice to have all of those items already done. That makes me think the new normal price (not a quick or crazy sale price) for a stock low play perfect HUO LE may now be closer $13k. Another low play LE with a bunch of mods just sold on May 5th, 5 days ago, at a listed price of $12,995. If I was listing my game today I probably would try and get at least $13k for it. I don't understand how the price could go up another $1.5k-2.5k during a pandemic and nearly 15% unemployment but like others have said some people probably want something to do at home.

#836 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Not currently, but you like everyone else can be sure it is coming at some point.
Just a matter of time and timing.

You can keep saying it over and over again but that doesn’t make it true.

#837 3 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

You can keep saying it over and over again but that doesn’t make it true.

Yep...people think they have the power on this forum to stoke rumors to Will it to be fact and truth. Really comical to watch. Happens over and over on pinside.

#838 3 years ago

Not really a rumor when people in the company and on stream make it so
Obvious.

If anything, what I see is a bunch of owners hoping they can will it to not happen.

#839 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Obvious.
If anything, what I see is a bunch of owners hoping they can will it to not happen.

I could care less either way and frankly just hope they make decisions as a company that keep them going.
I’m not the biggest JJP fan, Potc is the only game they have made that does anything for me so I’d like to think I’m not a fanboy. My game isn’t going anywhere so I could really give a rats ass, just trying to provide my perspective.

#840 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Obvious.

Nope just going on facts Hilton. You can keep reaching if it makes you feel better.

#841 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I will just buy NIB on the next run at 9.5k

No you won't.

JJP continues to make and sell Woz with price increases (and less features) than the original run.

What possible logic do you follow to think they wouldn't increase the price of POTC if they determined sufficient demand and chose to remake it?

You think JJP believes demand only exists at $3k below the used market price?

You cannot personally will that prices won't increase. It's wishful thinking. JJP would want to squeeze the profit just like with Woz and just like every reseller of a used POTC.

#842 3 years ago

It’s not wishful thinking. It’s being completely delusional

#843 3 years ago

Very doubtful to be made again. Why look back when they need to look forward with upcoming titles (GNR and TS)?

#844 3 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Very doubtful to be made again. Why look back when they need to look forward with upcoming titles (GNR and TS)?

Are you talking about woz, or.....

#845 3 years ago

Talking JPOTC...WOZ has proven to be their best seller. How did POtC sell again??

#846 3 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Talking JPOTC...WOZ has proven to be their best seller. How did POtC sell again??

No doubt...they've also been selling it since day 1....I've owned two Woz games (RR and ECLE)...I tried to like it, but just couldn't get into it although arguably the best looking game of all time....POTC is in another league

#847 3 years ago

Agreed. WOZ sells on looks (kinda theme) alone. Probably the highest volume game sold to casual HUO players/buyers. But sales are sales right?

#848 3 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

We don't know because they WON'T FUCKING MAKE MORE.

#849 3 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Agreed. WOZ sells on looks (kinda theme) alone. Probably the highest volume game sold to casual HUO players/buyers. But sales are sales right?

Yep...thats clearly JJP's go to game...they always have parts in stock....POTC not so much...

#850 3 years ago

Hey theres a POTC for sale in the marketplace for $9500....there u go boys...put your money where your mouth is

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 19.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 49.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,366 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 28.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/will-jjp-make-more-potc/page/17?hl=dr-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.