9C3D70C2-74F8-4976-BF46-4CCB358F95ED (resized).jpeg
db8ae21c1fb11be199b651a559856849ce2cc1d0.png (resized).jpg
b0542f34c415d82d332f106cef32569bfebe1dd5 (resized).jpg
inconceivable (resized).jpg
post (resized).JPG
F36C7D82-6837-4E05-9DCE-9E45B466E428 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20200724-150800_Chrome (resized).jpg
47A75E61-189F-429D-A120-EF8279C6AE51 (resized).jpeg

There are 1,366 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 28.
#701 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

So you expect it to cost less than it did before? They were $9500.

possibly, with some of the adjustments they will make.

#702 3 years ago

More food for thought on JJP Pirates:

Only 82 Pinsiders have it in their collection (to compare 659 Pinsiders have Hobbit), but 223 on their wish list! That is a larger percentage gap than TRON LE.

Oh, and JJP POTC is in the Top 5 of the Top 100. Do you think JJP should\will make more?

https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean

#703 3 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

I think automated just recently advertised a ruby-red red new in box

Thanks and saw that. Automated listed the NIB Ruby Red with a $1,000 mark up. I don’t pay mark ups. It would’ve been sold over a week ago if no mark up. I told them I’m a buyer at $9,500.

#704 3 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Ok...$9500 tops
My line is 10K for a pinball machine...over that and it is too much no matter how good it is.

My line was $5k, then 7k, then 8k...then $10.5k, but that's it.

#705 3 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

Thanks and saw that. Automated listed the NIB Ruby Red with a $1,000 mark up. I don’t pay mark ups. It would’ve been sold over a week ago if no mark up. I told them I’m a buyer at $9,500.

I believe you stated in the past that someone at JJP said there was $1K was a markup.

That is the new price from last year ($10.5k). It’s not a mark up from the distributors I talked too. All of the distributors that sold them last fall all sold them for the same price.

Every year the prices are going up. It just went up $1K instead of $400-500.

I don’t think you will ever see a NIB WOZ RR for less than $10.5K since that was JJP’s price for them. Not the distributors.

That’s my story and I am stricken to it! Good luck with your search. If you really want a NIB RR, I would buy one while they are available. Might not be any new ones for some time.

#706 3 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

I believe you stated in the past that someone at JJP said there was $1K was a markup.
That is the new price from last year ($10.5k). It’s not a mark up from the distributors I talked too. All of the distributors that sold them last fall all sold them for the same price.
Every year the prices are going up. It just went up $1K instead of $400-500.
I don’t think you will ever see a NIB WOZ RR for less than $10.5K since that was JJP’s price for them. Not the distributors.
That’s my story and I am stricken to it! Good luck with your search. If you really want a NIB RR, I would buy one while they are available. Might not be any new ones for some time.

Check the WoZ club thread for the follow up posts. I got clarification from Jen at JJP. There has not been a price increase from JJP on WoZ RR. JJP still suggests $9,500 for a WoZ RR. It turns out it is a 1k mark up from Automated not JJP. I would love a WoZ but not going to pay over $9,500.

If they rerun PotC, might snag instead however.

#707 3 years ago

Did anyone watch the Eric's POTC stream? I missed it and here is no saved video to watch. What was it about? Any news about code update?

#708 3 years ago
Quoted from ViperVS:

Did anyone watch the Eric's POTC stream? I missed it and here is no saved video to watch. What was it about? Any news about code update?

Just a stream... they are gonna do them with all the jjp pins over the next month or so I believe

#709 3 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

Check the WoZ club thread for the follow up posts. I got clarification from Jen at JJP. There has not been a price increase from JJP on WoZ RR. JJP still suggests $9,500 for a WoZ RR. It turns out it is a 1k mark up from Automated not JJP. I would love a WoZ but not going to pay over $9,500.
If they rerun PotC, might snag instead however.

Automated has had their head up their ass price wise lately.

#710 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Automated has had their head up their ass price wise lately.

I'd rather buy a new ruby red at 10. 5 rather than a new yellow brick road at 11.5. I'm kind of surprised it didn't sell yet

#711 3 years ago

I’d buy one if they make more.

#712 3 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

I'd rather buy a new ruby red at 10. 5 rather than a new yellow brick road at 11.5. I'm kind of surprised it didn't sell yet

While I agree the ruby red is the best one, by your logic he should over charge even more.

#713 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

While I agree the ruby red is the best one, by your logic he should over charge even more.

I've owned both and in my opinion the ECLE is a better looking game. The wood apron, and the direct print cabinet is pretty incredible. That being said RR isn't far behind. If I was u I would look for a nice HUO one and save a bunch of money off the retail price.

#714 3 years ago

Add the $450 shipping Automated quoted me and you pretty much have a WoZ RR for the same price as a YBR. It’s a pass here.
A new PoTC run sounding better and better.

#715 3 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

Add the $450 shipping Automated quoted me and you pretty much have a WoZ RR for the same price as a YBR. It’s a pass here.
A new PoTC run sounding better and better.

I don't blame u....

#716 3 years ago

I just wonder why everyone who anticipates a rerun of POTC calls out a Black Pearl Edition. The armor on the current LE is already black. Don't know how you would differentiate it unless you put a plaque on it or powdercoat the wireforms black.

I would rather see an Aztec Gold edition as someone said on here before. Antique gold color armor and wireforms would be tight.

#717 3 years ago
Quoted from PinBallPeteFromSD:

So Disney just announced they lost 90% of there profit last quarter. And it's not looking to good for them.
I bet the licensing on a pinball game might loosen up.

How exactly does one lose profit?

I just hope they are taking the time now that the parks are closed to get rid of that asinine Star Wars land.

#718 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

How exactly does one lose profit?
I just hope they are taking the time now that the parks are closed to get rid of that asinine Star Wars land.

Rather enjoyed Star Wars land as did my kids and grandkids. I’m sure there was something to hate but we didn’t find it.

#719 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I’m sure there was something to hate but we didn’t find it.

I hate that they raised the prices so much to make that land. Perhaps discounts are on the way to get people back in the place. No, they will probably raise them again.

And the BBQ all you can eat outdoor restaurant was the bomb. Not to mention the goat petting area.

#720 3 years ago

No !

#721 3 years ago

If you have not contacted your distributor yet to tell them you are genuinely interested in buying if they make this again, then please do.

I would like to see it happen (because it is fun game and Eric deserves to have more of his creation out there) and I get the impression that they are near making the decision to move fwd with plans to go/no-go.

Despite the multitude of owners trying to downplay and hope it never happens, there appears to be a legit shot if enough interest is there.

A simple phone call or email to tell your distributor you are in, could be all it takes to some them there is enough interest.

I mean lets be honest... NIB in the next year for turtles, GNR, many likely half baked other games, or a known fun game with mature code that is likley getting more polish to completion soon... I know when I logically look at the titles coming, that I will take POTC over all others.

#722 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Instructing customers to contact their distributor does nothing but get people's hopes up and why I'm answering emails and disappointing people all day by telling them 'no'. If there's an announcement to make the company will officially make one. Until then there is no reason to contact your distributor as we know nothing and there is no reason for us to take an interested list and give people false hopes, not what we want.

#723 3 years ago

so call a different distributor...

Sorry Joe, but if you are not compiling a list you should be as others are.

#724 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Whatever fits your narrative

#725 3 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Whatever fits your narrative

Trust me... we all get it... you have a POTC and want the value to stay high. If you are really that concerned about losing out, then sell now before they announce a rerun. Hell, you could even rebuy on the second run with the improved playfields.

Many others think the game is cool and will buy it if it becomes available (but wont but at the 12.5-15.5 many are asking currently)
If people can influence Stern to make all sorts of shitty titles, a 2nd run of JJP POTC is well within the realm, esp based on what we all heard on stream the other night.

#726 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Trust me... we all get it... you have a POTC and want the value to stay high.

Not all owners are in this boat. The value doesn't matter to me personally because I'm never going to sell.
I'd love for them to make more because the game is great and deserves wider exposure.

#727 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Not all owners are in this boat. The value doesn't matter to me personally because I'm never going to sell.
I'd love for them to make more because the game is great and deserves wider exposure.

I appreciate true pinheads like you. You get it!

#728 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Trust me... we all get it... you have a POTC and want the value to stay high. If you are really that concerned about losing out, then sell now before they announce a rerun. Hell, you could even rebuy on the second run with the improved playfields.
Many others think the game is cool and will buy it if it becomes available (but wont but at the 12.5-15.5 many are asking currently)
If people can influence Stern to make all sorts of shitty titles, a 2nd run of JJP POTC is well within the realm, esp based on what we all heard on stream the other night.

I've said it before and I will say it again...I want them to rerun the game. More people should be able own one. Also selfishly because I want parts to stay in stock....because I want to keep my game for a very long time. My issue is your fake crusade. Is that simple enough for you to understand? What's next? Are you going to start trolling FS ads? Oh wait you already started.

#729 3 years ago

I would likely buy an LE again at $9500 knowing that the playfield issues are resolved. It seems like theres been an uptick in for sale ads the past couple weeks and people are asking more then ever. Hell I sold a perfect HUO LE for $12k a month ago with $300 in mods but now it seems these games have gone up another $2k plus? Damn.

#730 3 years ago

If JJP decides to do this they should require a minimum of 50% non refundable deposit up front even if they don’t get made for 2-3 years.

This game hurt them the first time around and they should do everything they can to mitigate the risk in this undertaking should any delays in securing parts, complicated assembly issues or quality control issues arise again.

Just my opinion, they need to get GNR and whatever else they got in the pipeline line moving first and fast. The move To IL and this lengthy shutdown of the factory can’t be helping their bottom line.

#731 3 years ago

I would think and expect a rerun to be equivalent to the yellow brick road price at 11500 or the Wonka ce at 12500. With so much in the game compared to sterns and other manufacturers it's what the pricing should be. We can argue no game is worth over 10 k, but if you put the high cost aside this game is worth every penny of 12 k in comparison to all other games being made today.

#732 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

If JJP decides to do this they should require a minimum of 50% non refundable deposit up front even if they don’t get made for 2-3 years.
This game hurt them the first time around and they should do everything they can to mitigate the risk in this undertaking should any delays in securing parts, complicated assembly issues or quality control issues arise again.
Just my opinion, they need to get GNR and whatever else they got in the pipeline line moving first and fast. The move To IL and this lengthy shutdown of the factory can’t be helping their bottom line.

I would agree, that a down payment is a good idea. I dont think they have any desire to go back to that model however.

10%-20% down seems feasible and realistic for both risk mitigation and fair to your customer base in the current environment for something like this.

#733 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Yeah, but he was talking to a person that has listed as owning four games. All of which are pirates and three of which being the jjp one. So....

EDIT: lol and he downvoted me. Probably because I don't have a pirates avatar.

#734 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I would likely buy an LE again at $9500 knowing that the playfield issues are resolved. It seems like theres been an uptick in for sale ads the past couple weeks and people are asking more then ever. Hell I sold a perfect HUO LE for $12k a month ago with $300 in mods but now it seems these games have gone up another $2k plus? Damn.

Listen I hope they build thousands of these games. I could give two shits if mine is worth $8K or $20K. The value keeps going up, because its probably the best game to hit the streets in years, and JJP won't be making this game anytime soon. My bet is they have 2-3 year plan to turn to profitability, which step one was Wonka, step 2 being the move and consolidation, and step 3 being their next release. Listen u have real viability issues as a company if you can't make money with the prices JJP charges. A company thats losing money is not going to allocate that much free cash to order all the parts necessary to for the game.....

#735 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I would agree, that a down payment is a good idea. I dont think they have any desire to go back to that model however.
10%-20% down seems feasible and realistic for both risk mitigation and fair to your customer base in the current environment for something like this.

I would think if the current environment economically from the fodder of Covid is going to determine their best path forward as a company then 500 more units isn’t something I would attempt until things are normalized and stable again.

#736 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

The value keeps going up

I would say it has stabilized and if anything is going down a bit. They were selling quickly for 12.5k loaded. They are now sitting for a while before selling at 12k and more on the market recently than ever.

Quoted from PtownPin:

JJP won't be making this game anytime soon

Looks to me like outside of covid delays, JJP has worked to greatly reduce cycle time. I bet if they make a decision this month, we would see new run games just in time for holiday season this year.

Quoted from PtownPin:

A company thats losing money

Is this fact? All evidence seems to show the opposite. Their sales seem stronger than ever, they have a few very good games available for sale and production, and likely 1 more available soon. Seems to me the only problem they had was keeping good manufacturing talent on deck in NJ and timed a move to Chicagoland when the business was already healthy and they could deal with the inherent time/profit stall during a move.

#737 3 years ago

What they need to do is finish the damn code already.

#738 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I would think if the current environment economically from the fodder of Covid is going to determine their best path forward as a company then 500 more units isn’t something I would attempt until things are normalized and stable again.

My guess is that they are seriously measuring interest so they can plan for production later this year.

Most logical timing to me:
Announce GNR, take sales, pump them out.
Once sales of GNR slow down, then announce a "1 time limited rerun of POTC" This would buy time till the next title and allow them to build both GNR and POTC for the next 9 months easy.

#739 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

My guess is that they are seriously measuring interest so they can plan for production later this year.
Most logical timing to me:
Announce GNR, take sales, pump them out.
Once sales of GNR slow down, then announce a "1 time limited rerun of POTC" This would buy time till the next title and allow them to build both GNR and POTC for the next 9 months easy.

So my understanding from prior to the shutdown was GNR at TPF and Toy Story in fall while continuing Wonka and whatever WOZ edition is still running.

If we assume the move was to help facilitate the 2 games per year model they have been trying to achieve I just can’t see this happening this year.

I think the License is up in the next 12 months as well So that will need to be addressed. More $$$ to shell out, would be more viable to get it done while still under the current agreement.

#740 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I would say it has stabilized and if anything is going down a bit. They were selling quickly for 12.5k loaded. They are now sitting for a while before selling at 12k and more on the market recently than ever.

Looks to me like outside of covid delays, JJP has worked to greatly reduce cycle time. I bet if they make a decision this month, we would see new run games just in time for holiday season this year.

Is this fact? All evidence seems to show the opposite. Their sales seem stronger than ever, they have a few very good games available for sale and production, and likely 1 more available soon. Seems to me the only problem they had was keeping good manufacturing talent on deck in NJ and timed a move to Chicagoland when the business was already healthy and they could deal with the inherent time/profit stall during a move.

Like I said I'm speculating....you don't make a business decision like moving, and unloading big talent unless your bleeding cash. I guarantee you JJP has a business plan that in theory gets them into the black. I've owned all the JJP games so I'd love it if they turned the corner, but I wouldn't hold my breath. When you stop stocking parts where u can't even support your customer base you have major problems (i.e. POTC)...things have changed quite a bit on the JJP front over the years (i.e customer support), and its not for the benefit of the customer.

#741 3 years ago

Count me in for 1 at $9.5k-$12.5k depending on what kind of edition they would make. Been looking for 1 for months that isnt highly over priced.

#742 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Like I said I'm speculating....you don't make a business decision like moving, and unloading big talent unless your bleeding cash. I guarantee you JJP has a business plan that in theory gets them into the black. I've owned all the JJP games so I'd love it if they turned the corner, but I wouldn't hold my breath. When you stop stocking parts where u can't even support your customer base you have major problems (i.e. POTC)...things have changed quite a bit on the JJP front over the years (i.e customer support), and its not for the benefit of the customer.

Supporting this statement. My CE potc had a scratched backglass out of the box. Multiple emails and attempted phone calls to get a replacement and i still have a scratched backglass. And were talking over a year of attempting to get this resolved. I finally gave up.

And to put my .02 cents. Honestly Mine is Bolted to the floor. Its easily my favorite of my 13 game collection. And the path that JJP seems to be going down. Stripped down games in comparison. I dont see the them buying the parts again and going back to this game. They clearly dont have many left over parts even for support of this game let alone to do another run. Thats completely different situation for WoZ and TH. They have plenty of parts for those games.

But if something breaks on pirates good luck. So the amount of investment in parts it would take to get a rerun even started. Then all of the other factors. license expired, the depp situation with disney. The troubles they had with the build process and not all games working properly out of the box. The question on BOM if the investors were happy with the profit margins or not.

I just dont see it.

They are moving on with new titles and expanding the company. And i believe thats what they should do as well.

#743 3 years ago

Didn't Jack say somewhere they had the Pirates license for 3 more years? Given that was last year

#744 3 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

Didn't Jack say somewhere they had the Pirates license for 3 more years? Given that was last year

Not sure, I thought I remember him saying another year at some point on a podcast. Someone else mentioned that Disney historically does 3 year licensing deals. Don’t recall who stated that on the forum.

#745 3 years ago
Quoted from cheshirefilms:

Would I lose some value if it came back. Yes absolutely

True, but the used prices just need to hover below NIB prices. If JJP sets new prices substantially higher, it helps used prices. A rising tide raises all ships.

I think used Woz games have retained a high value precisely because JJP kept raising their NIB price.

#746 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

You do know distributors like collecting names and emails right ? Just trying to be transparent and honest for everyone. Why would I take names for something I know nothing about ? All that does is create frustration and I think it's ingenious for me to do that when there is nothing on the table. Yes - if people want to get on our mailing list they can do that and yes if something is announced then those folks will get notified at that time. All I did yesterday was tell people no and disappoint them. There are no instructions from anyone at JJP of anything forthcoming with POTC so why would I jerk my customers around taking their name ? Should I take a list for the Matrix, Jaws, Back to the Future and every other title people want that doesn't exist ? It's not a thing until they announce it's a thing. I'm not going to partake in fake hype.

That said I hope they do a re-run and maybe Keith and Eric know something we don't, of course that's possible.

#747 3 years ago

None of us have the needed info... but fun to speculate....

They should open ordering, tell everyone they are going to make X units, at Y price, only if they meet some minimal order threshold where they know there is enough money in it for them. Require a non-refundable sizable deposit... I know not everyone likes that, but in this situation, it makes sense for the manufacturer to make sure those orders are real. I dont see a choice here, if JJP were to commit to build X #, that is a ton of inventory to purchase. if the flippers all jump in and bail, that is a big burden to JJP.

I don't exactly know how variable their mfg cost structure is, but they get to leverage a lot of costs they already incurred.... molds for plastics, finding vendors to mfg, design, etc... assuming they learned enough they could optimize assembly a bit.

They could also open up to new and existing buyers some sort of spare parts packages..... for new and previous buyers (more leveraging as they sell more stuff).

Parts Package 1: All Plastics and toys likely to get smashed at some point...
Parts Package 2: Maybe ramps and bigger mechs... o
Parts package 3: Includes all unique pirates stuff.

Maybe introduce this with finished code, which seems to get people super pumped up.
No risk for JJP in above.... except organizing the venture and seeing if there are enough people to bite.... they need to figure out what that right amount and the right price is.... they can look at the variable cost curve and determine what makes sense. Only watchout as some of you have noted... if there are any design/mfg flaws you would want to fix those going into it, no need to manufacture more problems.

Last comment, I know lots of folks are guessing around there stability.... moving manufacturing/facilities is typically not a cheap endeavor... so even if they are having some struggles (I have no idea if they are), someone feels good enough to go through a lot of change which costs money.

Jim

oh yeah, and make a off one custom version of Pirates that is Sea of Thieves themed for me.....

#748 3 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

They clearly dont have many left over parts even for support of this game let alone to do another run. Thats completely different situation for WoZ and TH. They have plenty of parts for those games.

Not true on Hobbit at all. They are almost always out of stock on Hobbit parts. Don't believe me check it out for yourself: http://store.jerseyjackpinball.com/Parts/The-Hobbit-Parts/

There are a few I wanted to get for down the road - just in case - but they are all sold out of pretty much everything.

#749 3 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Not true on Hobbit at all. They are almost always out of stock on Hobbit parts. Don't believe me check it out: http://store.jerseyjackpinball.com/Parts/The-Hobbit-Parts/
There are a few I wanted to get for down the road - just in case - but they are all sold out.

I have a Hobbit as well and although I haven't needed any spare parts its disturbing that they don't have the cash to stock spare parts (and yes its a cash issue)....its never a good sign when a company has no spare parts to support existing customers....

#750 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

You do know distributors like collecting names and emails right ? Just trying to be transparent and honest for everyone. Why would I take names for something I know nothing about ? All that does is create frustration and I think it's ingenious for me to do that when there is nothing on the table. Yes - if people want to get on our mailing list they can do that and yes if something is announced then those folks will get notified at that time. All I did yesterday was tell people no and disappoint them. There are no instructions from anyone at JJP of anything forthcoming with POTC so why would I jerk my customers around taking their name ? Should I take a list for the Matrix, Jaws, Back to the Future and every other title people want that doesn't exist ? It's not a thing until they announce it's a thing. I'm not going to partake in fake hype.
That said I hope they do a re-run and maybe Keith and Eric know something we don't, of course that's possible.

Joe, mark me down for a Goonies pin, please.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
There are 1,366 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 28.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/will-jjp-make-more-potc/page/15?hl=vipervs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.