9C3D70C2-74F8-4976-BF46-4CCB358F95ED (resized).jpeg
db8ae21c1fb11be199b651a559856849ce2cc1d0.png (resized).jpg
b0542f34c415d82d332f106cef32569bfebe1dd5 (resized).jpg
inconceivable (resized).jpg
post (resized).JPG
F36C7D82-6837-4E05-9DCE-9E45B466E428 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20200724-150800_Chrome (resized).jpg
47A75E61-189F-429D-A120-EF8279C6AE51 (resized).jpeg

There are 1,366 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 28.
#651 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

People need to just click on the collections of those defenders that "the game will never get made", "it will be 12.5 k if it does", etc...
It is laughably predictable.

I don’t own one.

#653 3 years ago

How hard could it be?

#654 3 years ago

I know I would be in for one and my buddy would be in for 1. Possibly a third buddy but 2 definitely.
I need one of those take my money gifs

#655 3 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

I know I would be in for one and my buddy would be in for 1. Possibly a third buddy but 2 definitely.
I need one of those take my money gifs

Let your Distro know... I highly recommend Joe at PinballStar he is an asset to the this community and Probably kindest and most decent person I have had the pleasure of dealing with in this hobby!.. I support him 100% with my pinball dollars!

#656 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

People need to just click on the collections of those defenders that "the game will never get made", "it will be 12.5 k if it does", etc...

Why don't you just screenshot all of them and post them for everyone to see weirdo?

#657 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I wouldn't doubt it gets remade at some point in the future with JJPs history of re-releases, but I think there is just about 0 chance it is re-released at a $8500 / $9500 price point. It wasn't worth it to them to continue to sell the game at those price points before and they would be leaving a lot of money at the table for a re-release if they did and they know that. If it is re-released it will be a new "limited" version around the WOZYBR price point, that's really the only way it makes sense for them to go back to that well, especially with GNR backed up and the next game farther along because of the delay and a factory move, not to mention a pandemic that has shut everything down for the immediate future and has the economy in questionable status at best. Plus the game was a PITA for them to produce, expensive and they don't have the parts to make more. That all costs money and JJP needs money, especially now. They aren't going back to the Pirates well for status quo dollars that they deemed weren't acceptable in good times when they have new titles they need to sell as soon as things open back up.

I have a Pirates, but I paid less than NIB pricing for mine, so I don't care if they are re-released from a financial standpoint. From a pinball lovers perspective, I would like to see people have a chance to see how awesome the game really is and would love to have parts available to buy in the future too.

#658 3 years ago

We assume they didn't make money on this title
We assume the BOM lost money
We assume it was hard to build
We assume the price must go up
We assume Pat L has Pirates on a forbidden list
We assume they can't get parts
And so on....

Has JJP directly made any of these facts that I missed? Does seem like there is a market/player interest. Why not just email a distributor and say put me on a list as "interested". Costs nothing and assuming the assumed might not be correct it Might actually happen?

#659 3 years ago

I think JJP will make more...the demand came along after it was out there for a while and seen as a good pin. The code is amazing, and they have continued to work on it.

So I would not be surprised if JJP does another run. How big, and when I don't know, but I think there is a good shot of it happening. Especially after the stream last night from Eric - and JJP trying to get a feel of the interest.

#660 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

We assume they didn't make money on this title
We assume the BOM lost money
We assume it was hard to build
We assume the price must go up
We assume Pat L has Pirates on a forbidden list
We assume they can't get parts
And so on....
Has JJP directly made any of these facts that I missed? Does seem like there is a market/player interest. Why not just email a distributor and say put me on a list as "interested". Costs nothing and assuming the assumed might not be correct it Might actually happen?

Finally a voice of reason!

#661 3 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Finally a voice of reason!

Not a disinterested voice. If one would think those with games don't want more to dilute the market and quash value appreciation- this member inherently would want more games out there. They make PoTC mods for those alleged new games.

Would I lose some value if it came back. Yes absolutely. But I just don't see how it will. For a number of reasons Ive already stated.

I mean if I were JJPs IP lawyer, and yes I am a lawyer, I'd tell them 'after playfield gate' to not return to Pirates unless I'm ready to greenlight full playfield swaps for the affected first 1000. Empty playfields have been enough to quiet the flash mob without new games. And that took a long time to actually achieve in and of itself.

#662 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Even if that's true... who cares?

#663 3 years ago

From my distributor:

Nothing on POTC - there are none planned as I understand. If so I'll be sure to notify you.

Whysnow should I ask my distributor if he owns one? You know, just in case he has an ulterior motive?

#664 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Pretty sure we can all agree potc bom is the highest among all jjp games. There’s not enough money in potc to make financial sense for small runs. Do the math, even with rough estimates. They are better off moving to new games where bom is lower and they can sell more units. I’m sorry, but I don’t believe this will be remade. Investors run the show now, they want to make money. Producing potc in small runs doesn’t do it.

Not sure about that. They need to be producing titles with lower bom and higher unit volume. It’s not enough to make $4-5k on 500 units when they could devote resources to make $5k on 1500+ units on a new title. I also doubt there is demand for 500 units at $10-12k.

Why does Stern re-rerun games instead of concentrating on new ones? Because they can make money.

#665 3 years ago

JJP probably could make a few bucks by upselling a premium triple spinning disk edition with opening & closing chest...

#666 3 years ago

Maybe I can put this to rest and save people a lot of aggravation... There is zero info on another POTC run provided from JJP to distributors.

I suspect the comments made wherever they were made were done in conversation such as if distributors ask for them that'll maybe put pressure on JJP to make more. Rest assured all distributors have been doing that for a few years on our own and as well for WOZ75. They know people want games we don't have.

Instructing customers to contact their distributor does nothing but get people's hopes up and why I'm answering emails and disappointing people all day by telling them 'no'. If there's an announcement to make the company will officially make one. Until then there is no reason to contact your distributor as we know nothing and there is no reason for us to take an interested list and give people false hopes, not what we want.

Glad everyone loves the game and wants them - trust me we'd love to sell a boatload of them ! : )

Joe

#667 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Maybe I can put this to rest and save people a lot of aggravation... There is zero info on another POTC run provided from JJP to distributors.
I suspect the comments made wherever they were made were done in conversation such as if distributors ask for them that'll maybe put pressure on JJP to make more. Rest assured all distributors have been doing that for a few years on our own and as well for WOZ75. They know people want games we don't have.
Instructing customers to contact their distributor does nothing but get people's hopes up and why I'm answering emails and disappointing people all day by telling them 'no'. If there's an announcement to make the company will officially make one. Until then there is no reason to contact your distributor as we know nothing and there is no reason for us to take an interested list and give people false hopes, not what we want.
Glad everyone loves the game and wants them - trust me we'd love to sell a boatload of them ! : )
Joe

so-youre-telling-me-theres-a-chance.gifso-youre-telling-me-theres-a-chance.gif
#668 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Joe

Great info Joe. Hopefully the move to Chicago allow them the ability to run 2 lines and produce more games people want.

#670 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinphila:

Great info Joe. Hopefully the move to Chicago allow them the ability to run 2 lines and produce more games people want.

I would suspect yes, that is certainly in the cards and plans of course... So would the outlook for stuff like re-runs increase due to the move - absolutely. So that's good.. but today... there is zero info on any rerun on anything and as much as we love you guys, there no reason for anyone to contact anyone. I've had people contact me today about saving money, putting money aside, not getting an elective surgery because POTC may be made (ok I'm making that last one up, lol)... and I don't like seeing that happening based on what I can only consider being casual off hand comments...

#671 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

I would suspect yes, that is certainly in the cards and plans of course... So would the outlook for stuff like re-runs increase due to the move - absolutely. So that's good.. but today... there is zero info on any rerun on anything and as much as we love you guys, there no reason for anyone to contact anyone. I've had people contact me today about saving money, putting money aside, not getting an elective surgery because POTC may be made (ok I'm making that last one up, lol)... and I don't like seeing that happening based on what I can only consider being casual off hand comments...

If you received a NIB POTC today, I would buy it. Bought a NIB WOZ 75th RR last fall and would pay the same for POTC. Just letting you know there are people out here that will buy one!

#672 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Joe

Joe, The suggestion of "Contact your distributor" was Suggested by Eric M (JJP) and Keith (JJP) in their video submissions this past week. Nobody wants to bother you we are simply listening to the people that work at the company that makes the games.

#673 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Joe, The suggestion of "Contact your distributor" was Suggested by Eric M (JJP) and Keith (JJP) in their video submissions this past week. Nobody wants to bother you we are simply listening to the people that work at the company that makes the games.

Which has been said before by Jack many many times. It is his go to response when someone asks about a re-run. Then you get people like Whysnow that wanna be pinball insiders and start spinning information. That snowballs into a bunch of people wasting their time just so Whysnow can play pinball insider.

Quoted from Whysnow:

Yeah, I think anyone interested should reach out and tell their distro.
Pretty evident that JJP is ready to make this happen if there is enough interest to warrant it.

Quoted from Whysnow:

sounds like that may be now happening?

Quoted from Whysnow:

Anyone interested should call your distributor and asked to be put on the list. Sounds more promising that it has in the past and you may want to be on that list (in case they do a set/limited additional run)

Quoted from Whysnow:

I specifically reached out to distributors and they made it clear that they are assembling a list.
Not sure what embellishment you think that is. Objectively, it is pretty obvious that JJP is looking to assemble actual "interested" list to gauge a path fwd on a new run. Get enough names that you trust (from ask distributors "hey, how many of these are real") and it will happen.[quoted image]

#674 3 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Which has been said before by Jack many many times. It is his go to response when someone asks about a re-run. Then you get people like Whysnow that wanna be pinball insiders and start spinning information. That snowballs into a bunch of people wasting their time just so Whysnow can play pinball insider.

Do we need to see your collection again? lol

#675 3 years ago

Why do people get so upset when people look at their collection?

Isn't that what the feature is for?

Seems strange to make something public on the internet, then complain because people look at it.

The site even has a feature to make the list private if you'd prefer.

#676 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Understood, not a bother, just saying there’s nothing we are able to do if people take that action other than say no. I don’t like seeing people spinning their wheels contacting us, there’s nothing we can do for them with regard to POTC at this time.

#677 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I admit...that made me lol.

Quoted from RJW:

Why do people get so upset when people look at their collection?

I have no problem with people seeing my collection. If I did I would make it private. Screenshotting it and posting it in a thread to say "Look see...this person owns xyz...so they have no credibility"...is tacky and a bit creepy. But that's just me I guess.

#678 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Understood, not a bother, just saying there’s nothing we are able to do if people take that action other than say no. I don’t like seeing people spinning their wheels contacting us, there’s nothing we can do for them with regard to POTC at this time.

#680 3 years ago

So, I emerge from my new home office / gameroom and find almost 80 new posts. I thought something for sure had been announced.

I really really hope they remake this. That said, there are a few things that would need to happen for me to be a committed buyer right now. 1. I need to sell my Dialed In, which I love, but I would just need the cash and space. 2. I need a price point that is very close to the original price point. 3. I need to feel confident that the economy will stabilize. It is just a fact. There is a lot of uncertainty out there right now, and I can't see myself buying anything else big (not even the incremental value between a HUO DI and a NIB JJPOTC) until things stabilize. I do wonder how many people feel the same as me about #3. I may be wrong, but I imagine the list of potential NIB purchasers is much lower now than it was a few months ago.

#681 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

The truth is out...I don't want anyone else to own any model of POTC...including the shitty Stern game. They need to be all mine!

Screen Shot 2020-05-06 at 5.25.03 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-05-06 at 5.25.03 PM (resized).png
#682 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinphila:

Why does Stern re-rerun games instead of concentrating on new ones? Because they can make money.

Because they can rerun the games at the same or lower cost of the original and charge more for them. Iron man was how much at initial release? How much was the first vault? Second vault? Stern also has capacity to make many games at once. Jjp doesn’t have that luxury and they aren’t in the same financial position to take risks like stern. Stern can also recycle parts across games as the games are relatively generic, not so with jjp games. It’s not a good comparison.

I don’t have any inside info here, I’m just trying think logically about this. I think if Jack were running the show, with his heart, you’d see more potc made, and that would be a good thing. With these investors and Pats alleged distaste for the game, I think it’s very unlikely it gets revisited. Reducing costs and generating revenue through volume is likely the model they will pursue.

#683 3 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

The truth is out...I don't want anyone else to own any model of POTC...including the shitty Stern game. They need to be all mine!
[quoted image]

Wow, I thought I was a hypocrite owning (2) POTC. Your just a hoarder!! lol

#684 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Wow, I thought I was a hypocrite owning (2) POTC. Your just a hoarder!! lol

A hoarder of one title! lol

#685 3 years ago

I'm sure they are firing up the production line to fill all these orders as we speak.

40ecc7 (resized).jpg40ecc7 (resized).jpg
#686 3 years ago

If they do another run hopefully they keep the pricing the same and not screw up like they did with WoZ YBR. I would love to buy a new WoZ right now but only YBR’s are available.

Everywhere. Seemingly collecting dust.

I would buy a YBR, I like the color scheme etc. but they took a mech out and bumped up price 2k. Kind of silly. I’ve exhausted all distributors in the US searching for a NIB Ruby Red. They are nowhere, YBR’s limited at that, after one year in production, are plentiful.

Hopefully a new run of PotC would not take that route, keep everything the same in the game and not bump up the price astronomically for no reason. PotC is such a fun game.

#687 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

What else could they reasonably say? It's like the pinball industry version of no comment.

#688 3 years ago

Joe's response seems to confirm my theory that hammering the distros won't do anything.

Whoever it was that suggested a thread, that's a pretty good idea. I'm not going to do it as I have bought enough POTC machines to last a lifetime, but I am excited at the prospect of more people being able to enjoy it.

Suggestion would be to disallow any "chatter" on the thread and have people all write the same thing, something like this:

"I, pinside_name, want to purchase POTC LE and I am willing to put down $1000 deposit today."

If that list gets 500+ people, I could see something happening.

#689 3 years ago

That comment of letting your distro know what you want has been mentioned on Facebook for a while now and is nothing new ? I wldnt look to much into it at the moment and wld expect once the move is done and the virus crap is done with that a new release will be in the works for the next few jjp pins with possible small runs of wonka and woz on the side.
Now once all is running smoothly I suppose if demand is still there a run of potc cld be done . More pins the better imo but I think many will hold steady for a while and not drop 10k on a toy until we see how the economy is doing and what all follows this mess.

#690 3 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

If they do another run hopefully they keep the pricing the same and not screw up like they did with WoZ YBR. I would love to buy a new WoZ right now but only YBR’s are available.
Everywhere. Seemingly collecting dust.
I would buy a YBR, I like the color scheme etc. but they took a mech out and bumped up price 2k. Kind of silly. I’ve exhausted all distributors in the US searching for a NIB Ruby Red. They are nowhere, YBR’s limited at that, after one year in production, are plentiful.
Hopefully a new run of PotC would not take that route, keep everything the same in the game and not bump up the price astronomically for no reason. PotC is such a fun game.

I think automated just recently advertised a ruby-red red new in box

#691 3 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

I think automated just recently advertised a ruby-red red new in box

JJP will never stop running WOZ. Rumor has it a Tin Man "LE" is coming in 2025 which will be ran for at least 10 years followed by a 100th anniversary special edition in 2039.

#692 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Joe's response seems to confirm my theory that hammering the distros won't do anything.
Whoever it was that suggested a thread, that's a pretty good idea. I'm not going to do it as I have bought enough POTC machines to last a lifetime, but I am excited at the prospect of more people being able to enjoy it.
Suggestion would be to disallow any "chatter" on the thread and have people all write the same thing, something like this:
"I, pinside_name, want to purchase POTC LE and I am willing to put down $1000 deposit today."
If that list gets 500+ people, I could see something happening.

Let's do it.

#693 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

JJP will never stop running WOZ. Rumor has it a Tin Man "LE" is coming in 2025 which will be ran for at least 10 years

Actually, two versions. A Tin Man SE and LE. The SE is rusted. The LE is also rusted but comes with an oil can.

#694 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Actually, two versions. A Tin Man SE and LE. The SE is rusted. The LE is also rusted but comes with an oil can.

Don’t forget the WOZ Toto Collectors edition

WTCE?

7C336662-57C9-45F0-AF60-9A4466B8AB90 (resized).jpeg7C336662-57C9-45F0-AF60-9A4466B8AB90 (resized).jpeg
#695 3 years ago

A new POTC with a great quality playfield and I would be in at 10-12K. It is a great game....

#696 3 years ago

So Disney just announced they lost 90% of there profit last quarter. And it's not looking to good for them.
I bet the licensing on a pinball game might loosen up.

#697 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Joe

odd... because I was put on an interested list today with a distributor.

Others are taking names, relaying that info, and I assume if/when it is announced then I will get the heads up and option to buy one.

#698 3 years ago
Quoted from Extraballz:

A new POTC with a great quality playfield and I would be in at 10-12K. It is a great game....

A NIB POTC LE for 9K and I am in - if over nope.

#699 3 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

A NIB POTC LE for 9K and I am in - if over nope.

So you expect it to cost less than it did before? They were $9500.

#700 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

So you expect it to cost less than it did before? They were $9500.

Ok...$9500 tops

My line is 10K for a pinball machine...over that and it is too much no matter how good it is.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
There are 1,366 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 28.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/will-jjp-make-more-potc/page/14?hl=evh347 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.