• Yes, more SEs and LEs 60 votes
    17%
  • Yes, some other version 88 votes
    25%
  • No, they are done. 152 votes
    43%

(356 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 17 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image (resized).jpeg
1 (resized).jpg
washers (resized).jpg
19235 (resized).jpeg
19016 (resized).jpeg
overall (resized).jpg
behindtarget (resized).jpg
balllaunch (resized).jpg
frontoftrunk (resized).jpg
ballexit (resized).jpg
backoftrunk (resized).jpg
IMG_0098 (resized).JPG
goat-2737355_1920 (resized).jpg
jy64 (resized).png
IMG_20190601_163524_01 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190601_163249_01 (resized).jpg

There are 461 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 10.
#451 47 days ago
Quoted from Vdrums:

Well if they do make more I hope they use balsa wood for the playfield - so it will be more robust than current ones.

Then a pinball designer/celebrity will come out and say “ Pins have actually always been made with a type of balsa wood”

#452 47 days ago

Crikey, I seem to have missed that. I wonder if he's got an insulin pump. Diabetics in particular have had a horrible last 2 years in between prices for insulin skyrocketing (for no reason other than greed, I might add) and overall insurance and Medicare coverage plummeting. We could all do better with exercise and diet, but that is just BS.

#453 47 days ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Crikey, I seem to have missed that. I wonder if he's got an insulin pump. Diabetics in particular have had a horrible last 2 years in between prices for insulin skyrocketing (for no reason other than greed, I might add) and overall insurance and Medicare coverage plummeting. We could all do better with exercise and diet, but that is just BS.

It's easy to miss threads on pinside if you check the topics you've posted to mostly and only check the general list every so often. Happens to me all the time.

It would be cool if robin would program the topic list to have an "you might like" section at the top with three or four threads that pinsiders with similar thread posting habits to you have also posted in (like an old-school Netflix or TiVo suggestions, etc). Each time you went to the topic list it could refresh the suggestion threads.

1 month later
#454 15 days ago

Here's what I think (and hope. JJP learned from the difficulties they had producing the first 600-700 POTC pinballs and will come with a better build "black pearl" (limited) edition. Price will probably go up (a bit), but if this new run will work flawlessly out of the box it will sell. I have no doubt that the demand is there, I would certainly buy one (if the biggest quality problems are solved).

#455 15 days ago

I sure hope so.
Great pin.
The more copies, the bigger chance to have a well functioning spare-part aftermarket.

#456 15 days ago

Now that the hype has died down, as much as I wanted a potc, I think I would only buy one from a new run if they were able to figure out the concentric spinning map disks and put them back into the game. That's what really impressed me when I first saw the game. I'm sure it's a great game without them but after seeing that feature revealed I just don't think I want one without that.

But if they do get it in the game then sign me up.

#457 15 days ago

Really? I didn't see what the big hubub was about three spinning discs. I think adding that back would add nothing to the game, imo.

#458 15 days ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Really? I didn't see what the big hubub was about three spinning discs. I think adding that back would add nothing to the game, imo.

It wouldnt. Even the prototype - which looked cool - would have been impossible to read during gameplay, and it didn’t really spin the ball much (any?) differently than the single larger disc.

Putting the map disc on the LCD screen was one case in which this was the right call. It’s always a bummer when a mech gets “virtualized” but in this case the game is better for it.

#459 15 days ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

It wouldnt. Even the prototype - which looked cool - would have been impossible to read during gameplay, and it didn’t really spin the ball much (any?) differently than the single larger disc.
Putting the map disc on the LCD screen was one case in which this was the right call. It’s always a bummer when a mech gets “virtualized” but in this case the game is better for it.

Agree 100%.

Forgive my naïveté if this approach was used in a past pinball machine, but what I love is the reversing of directions and speed changes on the disc. The disc is perfect the way it was done in the final version.

#460 15 days ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I played a prototype with the 3 disks and the mech didn't seem to work correctly, the text on the disks were hard to read, it was extremely loud, and they moved the ball around less then a single disk.

The single disk on the other hand moves the ball more, is quieter, and the map awards being represented by full HD detailed animations are not only readable but look amazing.

With that being said I still think Pirates is done for good.

#461 8 days ago

I would like to see this game keep being made. Because later down the road if anything breaks I would like to find the parts. My CE is never going to leave here.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
$ 74.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Redmond, WA
13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Canfield, OH
There are 461 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 10.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside