(Topic ID: 19039)

will jjp game #2 be a wide body?

By mrgone

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“is jjp game 2 going to be”

• wide body 36 votes
      41%
    • standard body 25 votes
      28%
    • something new we have not yet seen 1 vote
      1%
    • who cares,its a new game. 26 votes
      30%

(88 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

oprah.gif
    salma-hayek4_1.jpg
    PYL.jpg
    #1 11 years ago

i was thinking,jjp is about to release their 1st game and its a wide body. the last wide body pins were made in 94 or 95 iirc. so whats the next jjp gonna be?wide body or standard body?

#2 11 years ago

Is your shift button not working?

Probably not a widebody is my punt based on all the things Jack has said so far but until it is announced or leaked it's anyone's guess.

#3 11 years ago

As long as the layout is good, I could care less about what the dimensions are.
    I'm more worried about what Jack does to the pricing tier now that he has a better grasp of what the cost is to produce a machine to the JJP standards...
    Please Jack, no whammy!

PYL.jpgPYL.jpg
    Whammy:
    "Buh-bye $6500 pre-order!"

#4 11 years ago
    Quoted from NimblePin:

As long as the layout is good, I could care less about what the dimensions are.

Right there with you Nimble. And I can only imagine what the next pin will run. I do like the ability to use their payment plan 'cause Im going to need it for #2 unless I stop buying other titles. And that aint gonna happen.

#5 11 years ago

I'm not trying to complain, but can't we let JJP release their first pin before we start hyping the 2nd?

I was just saying,

Tom

#6 11 years ago

Where the f is his first pin already?
    I'm guessing he's going broke and there won't be a second pin.

#7 11 years ago

Either widebody or standard is fine with me as long as it is well conceived and executed. That is, if it is fun. I think that Jack's payment plan is a big plus for my ability to purchase it.

#8 11 years ago
    Quoted from NimblePin:

I could care less

I expect better from you, np...

SOrry, NP. I was picking on your improper use of could where i ASSume you meant Couldn't. In the odd case you meant could, how much less could you care? Sorry!

#9 11 years ago

I am very excited to see what they do next, I'd MUCH prefer a standard body...and if the theme is right and the game looks good, it may be my first NIB...

#10 11 years ago
    Quoted from pinbill_blocked:

Where the f is his first pin already?
    I'm guessing he's going broke and there won't be a second pin.

Do you listen to yourself? I mean seriously stop and think before typing? Most of your posts are down right ridiculous and the ones people may take seriously are nasty and redundant.

It must suck to wake up every day and be a miserable person. In the 150 or so posts I've seen of yours not a single one has been helpful, constructive, or beneficial in any way to this community.

Seriously, find a new hobby.

#11 11 years ago

Big Bucks no Whammies ......
    STOP.

Not to be rude to thread starter but these types of speculations get really old.
    Stern, JJP I don't care what game. I really would like to see more widebody games personally but no clue what is next.

#12 11 years ago

It was said long ago by JJP himself that all future games will be wide bodies as standard.

#13 11 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

It was said long ago by JJP himself that all future games will be wide bodies as standard.

That's what I thought I remembered as well.

#14 11 years ago

At first Jack was saying it would be crazy to try and build a widebody first. Jack does like to tease though so not sure if he meant it or not.

#15 11 years ago

I'm hoping for another wide body. Though, I'm really hoping for an original theme. So many good ones to do. Would so much prefer an original theme.

#16 11 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

That's too bad. Don't get me wrong I enjoy playing a wide body but many of the pins I love are standard. A little faster. Guess I'm just saying it would be nice if they mixed it up and did both styles.

#17 11 years ago

One manufacturer is making nothing but standards, the other is making nothing but wides. Doesn't sound like a bad deal to me at all. Let them both specialize. It's better for us from a quality perspective...probably anyway...if they still innovate...

#18 11 years ago

Ahh. I guess agree to disagree. I would prefer both make both styles and allow the designers to use their talent on both wide and standard. That said, its great to have more pin companies taking off and I'm very interested to see what they all come up with.

#19 11 years ago
    Quoted from davewtf:

SOrry, NP. I was picking on your improper use of could

Well Dave, according to the Oxford English Dictionary (OED), the phrase, "I could care less", is not an improper use of the word, "could", but rather an American colloquialism. Since I am an American, I can use the phrase willingly, knowing I was being sarcastic.

I am still on a Pinball forum, right?

Edit:
    No worries Dave, it has been completely forgotten about already.
    On to the next one...
    Plus,
    Salma always has my back if things get crazy.

salma-hayek4_1.jpgsalma-hayek4_1.jpg

#20 11 years ago

Hoping for standard but heard that Jack has told people next will be a widebody as well. Widebodies have more toys but prefer speed of regular.

#21 11 years ago

Wide body's Canberra fast. Sttng properly setup us quick as hell.

#23 11 years ago
    Quoted from NimblePin:

Well Dave, according to the Oxford English Dictionary (OED), the phrase, "I could care less", is not an improper use of the word, "could", but rather an American colloquialism. Since I am an American, I can use the phrase willingly, knowing I was being sarcastic.
    I am still on a Pinball forum, right?

It's a bad sign for this forum when the two of us are "fighting". I call a cease fire. I apologize about my attempt to ruin your good name sir. I would post some titties but that's a no-no. Ahh... the good old days when titties didn't offend...

#24 11 years ago

As a start-up manufacturer I would think a little consistency would help with cost savings. My money is on widebody.

#25 11 years ago

It'll be Hercules sized so they can fit the Pink Floyd concert wall of sound in the cabinet!

#26 11 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

I missed that, so news to me but...

HEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLL YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!

#27 11 years ago

I don't terribly care one way or the other.

I think the widebody games offer the designers more options, but they're by no means a prerequisite for excellent pinball machines. Only 2 of the top 10 games are widebodies.

Just as giving an artist bigger canvas doesn't guarantee better art, giving a designer a larger playfield doesn't guarantee better pinball.

#28 11 years ago
    Quoted from davewtf:

I would post some titties but that's a no-no. Ahh... the good old days when titties didn't offend...

There are titty exceptions for Salma.....always allowed, per Robin....

#29 11 years ago

Another widebody after WOZ? I think so.

#30 11 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

From what I've heard he wants to make all sorts of machines. I doubt he'll limit the company to only wide bodies. If he said that along time ago I'd take it with a pinch of salt.

#31 11 years ago

JJP just confirmed the next theme: Oprah. It's a widebody which comes as no surprise.

#32 11 years ago

JJP just confirmed the next theme: Oprah. It's a widebody which comes as no surprise.

oprah.gifoprah.gif

#33 11 years ago

I'm thinking Jack will stick to a wide body for the next few pins because the 'shell' . . . the cabinets are already being produced by the company he contracted with to make them to Jack's standards. Seems this would be an economical move to just stick with what they are producing and not have to switch production methods. And to refute my own statement . . . it wouldn't be too hard to re-tool to go to the standard body either!

Mike

#34 11 years ago

I agree with your first point Pintucky, I think it makes production sense to go with another widebody. Just my guess though.

#35 11 years ago

Thanks for agreeing with me tx . . .

Better than being scolded like usually happens. Ha.
    Mike

#36 11 years ago
    Quoted from kwiKimart:

#37 11 years ago
    Quoted from DrAzzy:

Only 2 of the top 10 games are widebodies.

OK, one thing I hate are numbers that are just thrown around. Let's use the 2 of the top 10. If you just take those as they are you would think that very few make the top 10 so they must not be very good. You need to consider how many are produced. 2 of 10 is obviously 20%. If the number of widebodies vs standard is above 20% there is a possibility that widebodies are not as good overall. If that number is less than 20% then widebodies are actually over represented and they are better than standard. I do not know what percent of pins have been wide vs standard since the EM era. I am sure the last 15 years it has been zero. I suspect it is below 20% overal as well

My collection of 25 (including WOZ) has WWF, TZ, DM, and WOZ. That is 4 of 25, or 16%. I like the widebodies and I think I have more than many in my collection. Maybe I will get some time and see if I can find the percent of wide v standard one day.

#38 11 years ago

Well posted absocountry2. I agree that the small population of widebodies is well represented in the top 10. I think disproportionally so. I always had a liking for widebody pins.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/will-jjp-game-2-be-a-wide-body and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.