5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by cmack750
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cmack750.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

For the last few years, I've been building up the gameroom with Williams and Bally Titles. In the process, I've hauled System 6 and system 6 widebodies (with heads removed), as well as System 11 and WPC/WPC-S machines (with the heads folded down)...all obviously with the legs taken off. To date, I haven't run across anything that hasn't fit in my car.....but it's been close. Anything I've hauled with a folding head has fit pretty snug....only about 1-2 inches to spare in terms of hatch entrance clearance.

Now, I've been looking at moving on to standard sized non-W/B titles (forget wide bodies). Modern Sterns , Spooky, Data East, Sega....but have had limited luck finding information about cabinet dimensions so I can see how those compare to a WPC Cab with the head folded down. Don't want to look at or (much worse) commit to buying something, drive 3 hours, and find out it doesn't fit in the car....or have to try to get a seller to measure for me every single time.

Anyone have any insight into the length (cab), width (head) and height (cab + head folded down at its highest point) of these manufacturers standard cabinets? Would love to know if I can entertain other manufacturers, or if it's all just in vain.

#5 5 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vehicles-that-a-pinball-machine-fits-in
    This is a long running thread that will probably include your car.

Thanks. I've checked this out, and the WIKI, before. Not a lot of detail....only thing I know from either of those is I can move a Williams comet....which I already knew.

Also, that's why I haven't included my car type in this thread. Because they car type isn't the question. The dimensions of the cabinets is the question. With that, I can measure ANY car and would pretty much be able to tell if it will fit, be a maybe, or just be a flat out no.

Really surprised no one has seemed to take this approach. Real tried-and-tested examples are great, I agree, but there are too many cars and too many pins to make it practical to build something comprehensive.

So really I guess what I'm asking is.....does anybody with these types of games actually know the dimensions or have 10 minutes to kill + a tape measure?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cmack750.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/will-it-fit-in-the-car-standard-cabinet-dimensions-needed?tu=cmack750 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.