(Topic ID: 199236)

Will Georges Gomez make a new game? (with the Trudeau case)

By IBARAKURO

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 40 posts
  • 30 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by comment23
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Do you want a new game from George Gomez?”

• YES, I want a new game, I love the Lord of the Rings... 53 votes
    65%
  • OH NO, I hate the AVENGERS ... George is over 29 votes
    35%

(82 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1311 (resized).PNG
goerge-gomez-c (resized).jpg
#1 6 years ago

I'm a fan of GOMEZ games. is he going to redo a new game?
With the TRUDEAU case, there is now one designer less at STERN ...

I want to see a new game by George

goerge-gomez-c (resized).jpggoerge-gomez-c (resized).jpg

#2 6 years ago

Don't really care. He has some great ones and some horrible ones.

#3 6 years ago

Time for Keith Elwin to step up to the plate.

#4 6 years ago

Stern will hire a new designer to replace JT.

#5 6 years ago

Personally, I think with Keith Elwin entering, I think that will make up for JT. Stern needs more software personnel to keep up with the games flowing out as it is. The Spike games are much easier to design at a faster pace, with the software lagging behind since more content is now required.

#6 6 years ago

Is that pic Gomez? Dude looks a lot like Ian McShane, therefore he should do a Deadwood pin. ☺

#7 6 years ago

Since the thread was shut down, I will pose this question here. Is there anybody that has any news on the Trudeau case?

#8 6 years ago

Stern should hire some new blood designers. *cough* Scott Danesi *cough*

#9 6 years ago

My guess is the game Trudeau was working on gets released as a Gomes design. Considering he's Stern's Executive Vice President of Game Design.
All they will have to do is move the flippers in.
And slap his name on it instead.

#10 6 years ago

Until he completes his year old Batman66 I sincerely will totally give up on Stern if I hear he's designing something new.

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

Since the thread was shut down, I will pose this question here. Is there anybody that has any news on the Trudeau case?

Court docket says continued, next appearance 10/23/17.

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Until he completes his year old Batman66 I sincerely will totally give up on Stern if I hear he's designing something new.

I used to think the same thing but isn't Lyman responsible for code. Gomez is done with bm66.

#13 6 years ago

Gomez was the designer, not the actual person coding software, right? Sometimes a designer will outline what he wants the software engineer to implement, even sometimes being exactingly detailed. Other times there is little direction provided or restrictions. I think George is more like the first kind of designer. Maybe he already has diagrammed what changes he wants the team to do, but there are problems within Stern getting resources - aka it's a low priority now. In any case, the code on Batman66 after one year is an abomination. Stern should change direction and make completing BM66 a Top Priority, adding resources or freeing up Gomez. It is time to push this one over the goal line.

BTT - I hope Gomez gets to design another one, and taking over Trudeau's design would be fabulous.

#14 6 years ago

I think all the designers have made great games and some that aren't so great. Over all I think George Gomez is a great designer. I would like to see him make more games.

#15 6 years ago

It won't happen but I'd love to see what GG could do with a JJP budget.

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I doubt Stern pays enough.

#17 6 years ago

Stern hiring Elwin is not necessary the same as a company decision to have four design teams - or concurring projects. Mind you. They need to for a while, if they do not want to slow down, to allow the new blood to get up to speed.

So Trudeau, as we suppose, out for good, may not leave a gap to fill as such.

Three concurring projects, with the odd mix of Gomez/Nordman/... one off games, seems to fit Stern just fine.

As for the software, it must have been a hugh task to build the framework of the new screen. And to learn to integrate it with the games. Look how stunning it has turned out. That has not come easy. If this has sacrifised developement of core game design, this will ease up with experience and the developement of reusable framework components.

As to what to do with the Trudeau game in developement. Phew, that must cause headaches.

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I am fine with Scott staying where he is... it's far more likely he'll stay on with Spooky assuming he wants to continue designing pins.
Knowing Scott... I bet he wouldn't want to be in a position of having to abandon his customers to move on to the next game. It's pretty clear to me that he wants people to enjoy his game and his code... equally. Unlike stern who just want your ever decreasing bank account.

#19 6 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

I am fine with Scott staying where he is... it's far more likely he'll stay on with Spooky assuming he wants to continue designing pins.
Knowing Scott... I bet he wouldn't want to be in a position of having to abandon his customers to move on to the next game. It's pretty clear to me that he wants people to enjoy his game and his code... equally. Unlike stern who just want your ever decreasing bank account.

If Stern wants to strengthen their business amongst growing competition, they need to change their calculus.

Whether they hire Scott or someone like him, having new designers might inject more excitement and buzz into their games.

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

Why was that thread shut down?

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

I used to think the same thing but isn't Lyman responsible for code. Gomez is done with bm66.

I may be wrong but wasn't it Gomez who promised weekly code updates until it was done? If he didn't have the power to make it happen then he shouldn't have said it. Seems like he lied to fan the hype flame.

#22 6 years ago

based on BM66 I would say he does not appear to have the time, passion, or both for it any more.

I would rather see new blood in the game and think itwould be better for Stern as a whole.

Gomez seems to have found his new calling and no reason to change that.

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

I think to keep Pinside positive. All of the threads are shut down.

IMG_1311 (resized).PNGIMG_1311 (resized).PNG

#24 6 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

It had drifted wayyyyy off a number of times and nothing related to the original post was being added.

#25 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It had drifted wayyyyy off a number of times and nothing related to the original post was being added.

That's 80% of the threads here

#26 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

I'd say 99.99%

#27 6 years ago

george seems to copy himself. I already have LOTR and TF. If you take TF and flip it over, and lay it on top of LOTR. It's damn near a copy. I don't need another copy of the 2 I have. But doesn't really matter since, I refuse to buy another Spike game anyway, or pay the price they try to ask.

#28 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

george seems to copy himself. I already have LOTR and TF. If you take TF and flip it over, and lay it on top of LOTR. It's damn near a copy. I don't need another copy of the 2 I have. But doesn't really matter since, I refuse to buy another Spike game anyway, or pay the price they try to ask.

I always thought that Monster Bash and Transformers were twins.... I never got that feeling with LOTR....

#29 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Borg does the same thing . Borg shoot pinball through the POP bumpers shot is hard . AS, KISS, X-Men , DATAEAST STARWARS . Gomez Playboy is the only game I do not like . All others are good in my opinion even NBA Fastbreak and Avengers with both of there designs thinking out side of the box from Gomez and he finally finished Avengers with 1.7 code uodate. I do agree about the price point you bring up however .

#30 6 years ago

I have a question for you guys. After BM66 why would you ever buy another Gomez game again? He promised the moon and the stars and didn't deliver anything. It's a pretty box of lights that is a below average player with basic code that he won't finish. They charged an arm and a leg for it to boot. Why buy another game that he designs or has anything to do with after he pulled that scam? I don't get it. He flat out bold face lies.

#31 6 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

I have a question for you guys. After BM66 why would you ever buy another Gomez game again? He promised the moon and the stars and didn't deliver anything. It's a pretty box of lights that is a below average player with basic code that he won't finish. They charged an arm and a leg for it to boot. Why buy another game that he designs or has anything to do with after he pulled that scam? I don't get it. He flat out bold face lies.

JJP we will get on faith. Hobbit was a beautiful burn, but it's not like they didn't try to make it great. WoZ and Dialed in are great, so JJP#4 will be bought on reputation. That's gone for Stern. No more preorders. LEs are a no-go, regardless of the theme, and I'll wait and see once Premiums are shipping what the new cost-cutting and problems are and make a decision then. They have a long way to go to build any trust with me back. I'm not being ridiculous and saying "never Stern", but I'm definitely waiting on ALL releases from them. No more preorders.

#32 6 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Stern should hire some new blood designers. *cough* Scott Danesi *cough

This. Without question. Stern needs to look to the future and not the past. Grab a new young guy with ideas about the future...take a chance or two Stern.

#33 6 years ago
Quoted from erak:

My guess is the game Trudeau was working on gets released as a Gomes design. Considering he's Stern's Executive Vice President of Game Design.
All they will have to do is move the flippers in.
And slap his name on it instead.

Nope. Borg is redoing it.

#34 6 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

I may be wrong but wasn't it Gomez who promised weekly code updates until it was done? If he didn't have the power to make it happen then he shouldn't have said it. Seems like he lied to fan the hype flame.

While I wouldn't personally use the word lied, he did state that Transformers would have a transforming toy and some other things that ended up not being correct.

What really bothered me with Stern was their representations that ended up not being true with regards to LE backglasses. They advertised in writing my TWD LE would have a mirrored backglass, it didn't of course, just a translight with mirrored ink.

#35 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Quoted from Pinballlew:

Quoted from GravitaR:

I'd say 99.99%

You're all too low. Name one thread with over a thousand posts that stayed on topic.

#36 6 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

Borg shoot pinball through the POP bumpers shot is hard .

Yes it is, that's why it's called a Lawlor shot

#37 6 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Time for Keith Elwin to step up to the plate.

He's swinging the bat with weights on it and rubbing on some pine tar already.

#38 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

He's swinging the bat with weights on it and rubbing on some pine tar already.

Obligatory since I'm from KC:

5 months later
#39 6 years ago

anyone know what is going on with Trudeau case? Has he been convicted of being a perv yet?

#40 6 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

anyone know what is going on with Trudeau case? Has he been convicted of being a perv yet?

Here's where you can get all the (updated) information:

https://www.pinballnews.com/site/2017/08/29/john-trudeau-charged/

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 5.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

Machine - For Sale
Oakley, CA
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 75.00
$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, PA
€ 150.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/will-georges-gomez-make-a-new-game-with-the-trudeau-case?hl=erak and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.