empty.jpg
gary_has_the_rest.jpg
stern.jpg
head.jpg
image.jpg
i_have_spoken_.gif
troll.jpg
WHAT.jpg
There are 74 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 8 years ago

Well I have taken the plunge and went in on the LE GOT, but as The good lord as my witness if this thing does not come with a shaker installed or at least with it. I will NEVER buy another NIB stern pinball.

MMRLE comes with shaker

WOZ LE = shaker

why wouldn't stern start putting a shaker in the LE especially when you have buyers purchasing these games site unseen with no gameplay at all. REWARD your loyal customers GARY....

#2 8 years ago

They upgraded the pro with toys, the upgraded the premium with new artwork.

GIVE US A LE SHAKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#3 8 years ago
Quoted from TVP:

They upgraded the pro with toys, the upgraded the premium with new artwork.
GIVE US A LE SHAKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

exactly. and if you vote no on this poll you obviously work for stern or are not getting an LE because that is just ridiculous lol

seems like they stick it to you any way they can......

#4 8 years ago

I'm fully paid for a GoTLE. Even with the bad exchange rate. I paid. I too want a shaker motor in the LE.

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from happilymarried05:

exactly. and if you vote no on this poll you obviously work for stern or are not getting an LE because that is just ridiculous lol seems like they stick it to you any way they can......

If he puts in a shaker the decals will fall off faster so I voted no.

#6 8 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

If he puts in a shaker the decals will fall off faster so I voted no.

lmfao that was a good one. gotta give you that. I still want a shaker, even if not installed it should ship with the game. Its the least they can do. At some point you have to take care of your customers.

#7 8 years ago

Gary is unlikely to have even the slightest input to the design and features of the machine. That will all be handled by the marketing department I imagine.

#8 8 years ago

Well you messed up because you asked two different questions. The title of the thread "Will they" then for the poll you asked "Should they". So some of the votes are likely in response to the thread title.

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_4_me:

Gary is unlikely to have even the slightest input to the design and features of the machine. That will all be handled by the marketing department I imagine.

I highly doubt Gary has no input on what games that bare HIS name have on them. Whomever is in charge of this regardless should include shakers with LE models. I am sure those who purchase pro or premium feel the same but I'm looking at the fact that I'm paying an additional 1500 for ??? a plaque, side rails and ?????? yes this is my choice but I find it hard to believe they can't fit a shaker in that le price.

#10 8 years ago
Quoted from netshark:

Well you messed up because you asked two different questions. The title of the thread "Will they" then for the poll you asked "Should they". So some of the votes are likely in response to the thread title.

I was trying to give the benefit of the doubt and assume people would read lol

#11 8 years ago

I am going to clear this topic up an restart it with the title as you suggested.

#12 8 years ago

I am going to clear this topic up an restart it with the title as you suggested.

So as not to confuse what the poll is about I have started this topic over. With a more CLEAR poll question

Thanks

#13 8 years ago

They should, STLE had shaker, side head lighted emblems, stainless speaker panel with lights and interior cabinet photon lights. All in all much greater delta for the STLE.

#14 8 years ago

Of course he will just like in METLE

#15 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

They should, STLE had shaker, side head lighted emblems, stainless speaker panel with lights and interior cabinet photon lights. All in all much greater delta for the STLE.

yes I'm kind of disappointed the side rails for GOT LE apparently are NOT going to light up. They give a great performance and the follow up is CRAP. smh

#16 8 years ago

If a shaker is not on the feature matrix it will NOT come with the LE. There is plenty of precedent for this.

#17 8 years ago

Did he put one in TWD when Pinsiders complained about it then, no. Will he put one in GOT now that Pinsiders are complaining about it again, no. Will he do it next time Pinsiders complain about a shaker in an LE, no.

#18 8 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

If a shaker is not on the feature matrix it will NOT come with the LE. There is plenty of precedent for this.

no reason for one not to be included. its game of thrones for crying out loud. Dragons, wars, fights for the kingdoms no shaker? gimme a break

#19 8 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Did he put one in TWD when Pinsiders complained about it then, no. Will he put one in GOT now that Pinsiders are complaining about it again, no. Will he do it next time Pinsiders complain about a shaker in an LE, no.

Which is a problem that unless we keep complaining about it nobody will NEVER do anything about. Maybe one day someone at STERN will develop some sense about keeping customers happy

#20 8 years ago

Gary might not, but I will!

#21 8 years ago

There's no way. Gary has people that he pays to install shaker motors and I guarantee you that he will not be the one doing it.

#22 8 years ago

Which is a problem that unless we keep complaining about it nobody will NEVER do anything about. Maybe one day someone at STERN will develop some sense about keeping customers happy

I just complain to my distributor and they always throw a shaker in for free. I feel my breath would be wasted on Stern. I mean God, they've cut the traditional lock down bars in the LE's, I don't think they're going to start adding shakers.

#23 8 years ago
Quoted from radium:

There's no way. Gary has people that he pays to install shaker motors and I guarantee you that he will not be the one doing it.

the people on GARY'S line making the machines should be putting them in on LE models. Make the 8k price tag worth it.

#24 8 years ago

I totally read that first post in Joffrey's voice.

#25 8 years ago

I just complain to my distributor and they always throw one in for free. I feel my breath would be wasted on Stern. I mean God, they've cut the traditional lock down bars in the LE's, I don't think they're going to start adding shakers.

This may be true, but I would rather voice my opinion then say nothing. That way when it does or does not happen I can at least sleep well knowing I let them know its a crock of you know what that they don't. I sure wouldn't sleep well knowing I had unhappy customers but hey maybe the world lacks that trait these days... yep I think that is it

#26 8 years ago

Well Jack (JJP) if you happen to see this, THANK YOU for putting a shaker in my WOZRR since I paid a premium price I got premium service. I appreciate it, maybe you could teach that to some other folks bwahahahaha.... Please hurry up with TH and some more kick ass games so I can bring my business elsewhere ty

btw, I email JJP I get a response within 30 minutes. I email stern, maybe 3 days.... ???????? Lions tigers and bears oh my

#27 8 years ago

A quick question to LE buyers. Would you rather have a traditional lock down bar or a shaker (I know a lot of you will say both ). Because if I was an LE buyer I would rather have the lock down bar. I can buy a shaker for $100, I can't buy a traditional lock down bar for $100. If I was an LE buyer I would be complaining about the lock down bar instead.

#28 8 years ago

Why would I want Shakers in my pinball machine? Gary put them in there? Why? I don't need no stinkin' Shakers....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shakers

#29 8 years ago

A quick question to LE buyers. Would you rather have a traditional lock down bar or a shaker (I know a lot of you will say both ). Because if I was an LE buyer I would rather have the lock down bar. I can buy a shaker for $100, I can't buy a traditional lock down bar for $100. If I was an LE buyer I would be complaining about the lock down bar instead.

well as a le buyer BOTH lmao again 1500 more for?????? a plaque, side rails and???? so yeah both

#30 8 years ago
Quoted from BenetBoy78:

Why would I want Shakers in my pinball machine? Gary put them in there? Why? I don't need no stinkin' Shakers....
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shakers

I did a real life LOL on this

#31 8 years ago

This may be true, but I would rather voice my opinion then say nothing. That way when it does or does not happen I can at least sleep well knowing I let them know its a crock of you know what that they don't. I sure wouldn't sleep well knowing I had unhappy customers but hey maybe the world lacks that trait these days... yep I think that is it

You're so unhappy that you bought a GOTLE without ever playing one. I'm sure Gary will get right on that shaker for you.

#32 8 years ago

Only if you specifically pay extra for it

#33 8 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

You're so unhappy that you bought a GOTLE without ever playing one. I'm sure Gary will get right on that shaker for you.

oh there is the first troll post yay. I was wondering how long it would take. Yep I bought an le bc I love the show, that DOES NOT mean I will not and can not voice my disappointment in the fact that they are not including one. If you choose to sit quietly in your little corner of the world and not Vote, speak your mind etc have at it, not me my friend. GIVE ME A DAMN SHAKER

#34 8 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Only if you specifically pay extra for it

WHAT.jpgWHAT.jpg

#35 8 years ago

oh there is the first troll post yay. I was wondering how long it would take. Yep I bought an le bc I love the show, that DOES NOT mean I will not and can not voice my disappointment in the fact that they are not including one. If you choose to sit quietly in your little corner of the world and not Vote, speak your mind etc have at it, not me my friend. GIVE ME A DAMN SHAKER

I have to agree with the "troll" on this one.
A shaker isn't listed on the Spec sheet. You ordered one anyway.
(Could have got a Premium version instead)
Now you're complaining.

So who's the troll, really?

#36 8 years ago

You mean to say, "as long as you keep buying them before they even release the details Stern has no real financial incentive to add a shaker (or add anything extra for that matter)".

#37 8 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

(Could have got a Premiumversion instead)
Now you're complaining.

troll.jpgtroll.jpg

#38 8 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

(Could have got a Premiumversion instead)
Now you're complaining.

I don't care what is listed on the "spec" sheet. The bottom line is IT SHOULD BE included. This is my umm wait let me check to see which amendment this is here oh that's right its the 1st I believe.

Again, I am not going to sit here and reply to the Charlie brown teacher comments of "waa waa waaa'

I am a frequent buyer of pinball machines and with that said, IF I think there is a problem with something that opinion will be voiced whether or not the almighty pinside gods like it or not

I will check in on you pinsiders laterz I'm sleepy nitey nite nite

i_have_spoken_.gifi_have_spoken_.gif

#39 8 years ago

Why not just buy a Premium, buy a shaker, save... $1700? and NOT complain about what Stern should or shouldn't do?

#40 8 years ago

Shaker is a great feature and if Stern was to factory install it on any model the LE is the one to do it on.

#41 8 years ago

I used to feel strongly about the lockbar. Less so now. It's a preference and I've gotten pretty accustomed to the latches.

#42 8 years ago

To be fair about the spec sheet, stern doesn't really respect the spec sheet themselves. TWD LE was advertised as three colour GI on the spec sheet and when it was released it was only two colours, red and white. I don't really like the "spec sheet" argument just for this reason.

#43 8 years ago

+1. I am very bent out of shape over not having the traditional lock down bar. Shakers can easily be installed.

#44 8 years ago

I don't care what is listed on the "spec" sheet. The bottom line is IT SHOULD BE included.

Stern has not included a shaker on most LEs, particularly newer games.... they also seemed to backed off on the amount of extra CC on LE playfields, went to mirrored translite, no more full size service rails, no more lockdown bar, etc. They've stopped powder coating Premium rails, not even giving teardrop rails, so all the on-location games get finger wear around the buttons. It sucks, but Stern is all about reducing BOM, and shaker will get left out every time.

Here's the real deal though: The designers at Stern they have a BOM limit, so they can either use that $125 to add a game feature or include a shaker... I think most agree that a game feature is preferable because the customer can always add the shaker later and have both.

#45 8 years ago

I asked Gary Stern directly about a Shaker motor for GoT at the EPC in Belgium.
He said, "no, but you can buy one, separately".

#46 8 years ago

As long as people are willing to buy LE's without a shaker motor Gary will continue not to include it.
Gary's job is to find out the least amount of pinball we will accept for the most amount of money.

He will continue to trim away at the BOM because otherwise he is leaving money on the table.

We have the power people. Exercise a little self-control and stop buying Stern pinball machines.(if you want more pin for your money) A precipitous drop in sales is the only thing that will re-focus Gary's attention from his wallet to his customers satisfaction.

#47 8 years ago

Someone needs to do a Hitler video about this, the peeling decals, the Hobbit vs. GoT debate, and RobT's departure.

#48 8 years ago

the people on GARY'S line making the machines should be putting them in on LE models. Make the 8k price tag worth it.

not if you buy it without one.

#49 8 years ago

get the premium, on this title it looks much better and save the 1000+ upcharge for a numbered plaque and shitty armor.
they are getting over on le buyers, time to take a stand people!

#50 8 years ago

The "I Have Spoken" gif is funny, because what I heard you say was...

image.jpgimage.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Raleigh, NC
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 74 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/will-gary-put-a-shaker-in-the-le-got and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.