Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 31 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by EricHadley
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    79E7D494-9642-4363-87C2-E58E81B38B8E (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sharkey1331.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#20 3 years ago

I think the electric cars are neat. I personally would not want to remember to charge, wait to charge, etc. I love the internal combustion engine too- the sound, the characteristics.. I have a turbo charged boxer engine, and a late 80's Ford 302, both manual transmissions. Both cars make me smile going down the road, just hearing that engine note. But I know some peeps love their Teslas, and that is great for them too!

My beef is- politics trying to force EVs, before there are cheap viable alternatives for everyone. When the politicians force no more gas powered cars by 2030 or whenever it is, the price of gas will skyrocket. Then, fleet vehicles, handyman vans, plumbers, etc. costs will soar as well. Not everyone can afford a Tesla/Prius. What about poor people who would otherwise own an older, inexpensive ICE car? What will they do- be forced to take the bus now? It takes fuel to generate electricity, so, just because I no longer see or smell gasoline, does not mean the environment is now cleaner. Plus, batteries are heavy, expensive, and loaded with poisonous elements too- it's not a solution to pollution!

Want cleaner air? Work to make the ICE evolution continue, and make it have even less emissions. It is foolish to think that just because a technology has been in place for 100+ years, we've exhausted it's evolution. We don't apply that same reasoning to medical science! Why throw away one well rolled out and available tech, for the promise of another? And, for people who want & can afford their electric only cars, rock on! They can buy that- if that is their CHOICE.

OP: Could electric vehicles cause a boom in pinball? Sure/maybe? I know there have been creative bundling of charging stations and Panera restaurants, and I'm sure others. Not sure if it will be easy to break into the already made "agreements" (perhaps analygous to the mafia-like pinball route wars of the 70's?) but, if there could be a clean place to chillax and play some pinball, sure why not?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sharkey1331.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/will-electric-cars-be-good-for-pinball?tu=sharkey1331 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.