(Topic ID: 177168)

Will Dialed In! make pinball more popular?

By solarvalue

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 95 posts
  • 68 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by trunchbull
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

200_s (resized).png
Emoji Attack title screen (resized).png
Emoji Attack (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sevenrites.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#30 7 years ago

It's probably too early to tell, but I do think Dialed In has the potential to get a younger crowd back into pinball. Couple that with the JJP redemption add-on and the selfies, drone, cellphone, emoji's and other things the game has that are wildly popular with school aged kids and even a fair amount of adults, I do think all in all it has the potential to open some doors with a newer crowd. We'll just have to see how many of these start ending up in homes and on location.

If it tops WOZ and Hobbit sales, then we're starting to get somewhere. If Lawlor being on it also helps drive sales, who knows what could happen. He's the one who designed Addams Family (20,270 produced), Twilight Zone (15,235), FunHouse (10,750) Whirlwind (7300) and Road Show (6259) so I'd say his track record is good and people's expectations are very high. I'd guess in todays market, 3000-5000 will sell, but if it breaks 5000 produced/sold, then that will seal the deal.

#68 7 years ago

JJP seems to have made pinball more exciting and popular in some ways. It's possible Dialed In could appeal to a new crowd, in essence, growing the market and making it more popular. Dialed In is also responsible for the popularity and interest in this particular thread, and others, so there is that as well.

#88 7 years ago
Quoted from PopBumperPete:

Get some younger people to pick themes and design features

Actually, JJP is already doing that. They have a younger designer on board now named Eric Meunier and I'm pretty certain he worked with Pat to do the engineering on Dialed In. A quick search shows him being credited on that game.

As of May 2016 his LinkedIn page now has been updated to him being listed as a designer at JJP, where previously he was listed as an electrical engineer with JJP. Eric has a Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering and a Masters degree in Mechanical Engineering.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/ericmmeunier

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Hilton Head Island, SC
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

7,275 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Olanta, PA
5,640 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 22.50
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sevenrites.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/will-dialed-in-make-pinball-more-popular?tu=sevenrites and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.