(Topic ID: 177168)

Will Dialed In! make pinball more popular?

By solarvalue

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 95 posts
  • 68 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by trunchbull
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

200_s (resized).png
Emoji Attack title screen (resized).png
Emoji Attack (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jungle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#26 7 years ago

To be fair though it's far nearer the mark than Gottlieb's Punk ( December 1982 !! )

#62 7 years ago
Quoted from BudManPinFan:

Don't know if it will make pinball any more popular but I applaud them for thinking outside the super hero, rock band, tv/movie box and doing something original.

Should have done a Make Pinball Great Again game featuring a old blond comb-over guy. Certainly would have got publicity.

#73 7 years ago
Quoted from Hoopjohn:

One of my buds has 2 daughters, aged 10 & 13. They visit occasionally and always gravitate to the game room. They much prefer spending time on a ball bowler or video game than pinball. On there last visit, they didn't play one pinball.
Route pinball in the rural (but touristy) area I reside within is slowly moving towards extinction. The chances of a "Dialed In" being on route within 100 miles are somewhere between "Dream on" & nonexistent. If route pinball will survive, I see it happening pretty much in metro areas.
I don't see Dialed In moving the needle on pinball popularity in the least. Aerosmith Pro, at or around $5K, has a much better chance. Yes, its about the $$$

I don't see the game pulling people in on route compared with WOZ or even Hobbit. There is no film or band licence. And will the casual player know or care about the phone features ? I would guess that a large percentage of operators buying the game are JJP "supporters " that are prepared to take a gamble at the large price out of loyalty. Will many others ? Unlikely imo. I can see it plays very well and hopefully this will save it regards home sales

#84 7 years ago

Yes the attract mode will be very important on this game.

#93 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Eric is a great guy, and ( for me) instrumental in getting WOZ where it is ( reliability wise). WOZ will continue to be JJP's flagship, and I don't see any of his titles ever outselling it. A classic.
In regards to the Op's question: Nope, and not even close. Even Xbox, PS4, etc. are having a hard time keeping the kids interest, pitted against the very thing Dialed In is themed around...a mobile device. Kids today don't talk on phones, they text and tweet, download and play free apps, etc. The biggest draw is the entire horsepower can be thrown in a purse or a pocket, and interacted basically for FREE, ANYWHERE.
Even us old guys can barely afford these pins anymore for home use...Ops don't stand a chance at ROI. Kids require instant, mobile, cheap, cutting edge technology. Is what it is, and it's only getting worse.
Sadly ( and I do mean sadly,was hoping I'd get another PL pin), this game personifies everything I DON'T want to think about with my free time.
Cocooning is becoming more and more prevalent ( as predicted), so well engineered, aesthetically appealing machines will survive ( possibly thrive) in the HOME market for several more decades, if the price/ value can be kept in check. Beyond that...properly maintained, themed pinhavens will only draw....us..

Great post. And one that Jack should read and think about. JJP may be correct if they think pinball ( and pindemption ) can work in certain venues. But at the current cost of the games 8k I can't see this market as the no.1 priority. Dialed In as a theme is almost certainly what many people don't want to think about. But in introducing new tech to the game they are on the right lines for the HOME market where they need to sell to people that want one or two games and are not collectors as such.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Raleigh, NC
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

$ 22.50
7,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salinas, CA
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Hilton Head Island, SC
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jungle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/will-dialed-in-make-pinball-more-popular?tu=jungle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.