(Topic ID: 100355)

Will CPR run Eight Ball Deluxe playfields?

By cdnpinballer

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 201 posts
  • 66 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by vid1900
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

005.jpg
004.jpg
002.jpg
001.jpg
003.jpg
011.jpg
009.jpg
010.jpg
this-is-pinside.jpg
EBD_Overlay_5.jpg
EBD_Overlay_4.jpg
EBD_Overlay_3.jpg
EBD_Overlay_2.jpg
EBD_Overlay_1.jpg
14o22dw.jpg
256973-i.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stu.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 9 years ago

When there is a big enough demand for the PF we will re-run it......

#14 9 years ago

That's 5 out of the 100 that we need to sell to break even ( no profit )....so let's see 100 more people and we might start to consider it......

Quoted from Collin:

There are 5, just on Pinside, already. Current list of people in for one.... Looks like we could be most of the way to an EBD run!

No, it wasn't......

Quoted from Collin:

Wasn't the last Centaur run just like 8 or 10 playfields?

#17 9 years ago

Actually, the last 30/20 Xenon/Fathom pf's was the Test Pilot for our new CNC machine ( not centaur )....

Quoted from Lovef2k:

The last run of Centaurs was to test the new CNC machine

#29 9 years ago

All too True, we get stuck with tons of stuff that people "claimed" they wanted, till it was made available then they scatter as fast as possible....

2 months later
#39 9 years ago

+100
Ten Thousand by Christmas
If no pictures then it didn't happen
Popcorn Time
I would buy 8
I would love to have one "Depending on Price"

#47 9 years ago

Nope, not at all....My point was this: We know that people want these, they us all the time, actually kind of sick of hearing about it. It's not like we can just go out & make a run of these just because a few people raise their hand and say I want it. Making a PF is months in the making. Depending on our order it can take 5-11 months just to get the Inserts and that's IF we place the order that day...If we just placed a $40K order for Inserts a month ago for the next 7 Titles then I guarantee we wont be placing another order until the majority of those titles have been produce and sold. Right now we currently have Inserts "in-stock" for the next 16-18 PF Titles, so people need to understand that screaming about a specific title on a forum isn't doing anybody any good......Deal with it.

Quoted from Collin:

If you're trying to comment that people are dogpiling here in hopes of getting you to "senselessly" reproduce a playfield that no one actually wants, you're sorely mistaken. People want this playfield. Deal with it (by running them again.)

#51 9 years ago

You may want to do your "own" research before mouthing off on a public forum. As shown below the Original Manufacturers Brochure Clearly shows that the "Whites" are WHITE, Not Cream. Evident in the Center Area with all the Pool Balls as well as the Explosion to the Left of the Drop Targets, and under the rubbers by the 8-Ball Lane and even down at the Center Drain between the Flippers.....DAMN I just don't understand Why people have to argue with us about colors when "we" do the homework/Research.

Quoted from Gatecrasher:

I don't buy what you are claiming on the original colors or your logic for not making more EBD. But you are entitled to your own opinion. I think in the future you may want to do a little more research on your own from more than one source before embarking on expensive projects. I think you'll learn a lot more before you pull the trigger on some of these.

Original Brochure on the Left, CPR in the Middle, and IPB on the Right

http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=762&picno=4182&zoom=1

EBD_Comparison.jpgEBD_Comparison.jpg

#53 9 years ago

49 years old and I DO remember. God I hate trolls. As for the Star Trek, we used Mark Clayton's NOS Perfect playfield for our source material, bottom line is this: IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT DON'T BUY IT....

#55 9 years ago

So again you want to see 33 Year Old AGED White turned to Cream....LOL....you guys kill me.....

Quoted from dothedoo:

I would LOVE to see a playfield that's been sealed in a crate for the past 33 years.

#59 9 years ago

NO I did Not say that I got EBD artwork from Herb, "Kevin" said earlier that we got our films for EBD from Herb......."I" said that we used Mark Clayton's NOS Perfect STAR TREK as source material.....damn, you cant even read.....

Quoted from Gatecrasher:

Didn't you claim earlier that you got the EBD artwork from Herb?

#72 9 years ago

Read "ALL" of this and 'maybe' you will understand a little better:
"THE CHRONICLES OF REPRO"
AN OVERALL COMMENT ON THE FANTASIES & REALITIES OF MAKING PINBALL PARTS
http://www.classicplayfields.com/chronicles.html

#74 9 years ago

it's not mentioned in the Chronicles Article but there were 4 Different Companies making Playfields for Bally, Williams, and Stern....So for every 4 people that own the same title ( say EBD ) you have a 25% chance of having a playfield that matches theirs, the other 75% were made by different companies.....

#76 9 years ago

Why do you keep bringing up Fabulous Fantasies....We used their "films" and Nothing Else....their Films are Black & Clear > No Colors.....

My god man > Let it go.......

#100 9 years ago

Quoted from dothedoo:

The HEP NOS playfield, with it's non-yellowed colors was what I needed to see, which was the point I was trying to make with my comment on the 33 year old crated NOS playfield before Stu laughed in my face.

#105 9 years ago

Damn....Ma Bad.....

Quoted from dothedoo:

You have tape on your mouth. You can't be sticking your tongue out like this...

#115 9 years ago

The back glasses are different, different artwork & different Sizes

10 months later
#135 8 years ago

I have an overlay version of EBD Playfield if anybody is interested. It is one of the Fabulous Fantasy PFs....Super Nice print already mounted to the wood, just needs a Clear-Coat ( as do ALL overlays )....PM with Offer.....

#138 8 years ago

Yes, and it has the Star Rollover already inserted ( Moves Up & Down Freely! )

Quoted from TrainH2o:

Already mounted to an EBD playfield?

Sorry about the 'flash' in the first pic....

EBD_Overlay_1.jpgEBD_Overlay_1.jpg

EBD_Overlay_2.jpgEBD_Overlay_2.jpg

EBD_Overlay_3.jpgEBD_Overlay_3.jpg

EBD_Overlay_4.jpgEBD_Overlay_4.jpg

EBD_Overlay_5.jpgEBD_Overlay_5.jpg

#147 8 years ago

Neither do I....but there are a lot of people out there that it could be shipped to for clear-coat......

Quoted from karl:

I would buy that playfield from you stu, if you also clearcoat it for me I do not have the skills or tools to do that myself, unfortunately

#156 8 years ago

No, they were obtained in the Gene IPB Bankruptcy....

The custom Desktop Display I did.....
This is the CPR Set: http://mad-amusements.com/product.php?id_product=766

Quoted from indypinhead:

I've never seen a set of EBD plastics that have a "topper".

#164 8 years ago

LOL, not even close my friend.....

Quoted from indypinhead:

Are we at 125 PF's yet Stu?

#167 8 years ago

We are very aware of the few tweaks that need to be made. I know of 2 different holes that shouldn't be in the playfield at all, and when it gets to that point I'll make sure that they are removed from the CAD File, and I had already told Mike about the Lamp holes when I did "my own" pf swap years ago.....believe me, we "know" the issues.

As for the Plastics: About a month after we ran the plastics, when everybody pissed & moaned, I added to the artwork the 2nd size of Return Lane Clears AND the Correct Squiggly Clear in the 8-Ball Chamber. We just haven't re-run these since the addition of the additional new artwork. Chances are it will be a long time before we do a re-run of plastics for this title as there are a ton of them currently available right now ( IPB version ), and we will not be able to secure the licensing until those current sets are gone.

Quoted from Gatecrasher:

The playfields could use a couple tweaks too (and I'm not talking about colors). A minor tweak to the lamp holes and a few other very minor revisions would make them even better.

For us to include a title on the Pre-Order page, we first have to obtain the Licensing ( whether we make it or Not ). We will at some point do another run of these pf's, and I'm sure we will sell out of them when we do the run, However, there are many other factors here that I can not get into with the general public....So starting threads like this and posting "Please Run Theses" and "Her's Why" postings are useless and just gets the pinball community in an uproar that we can not control.

Quoted from karl:

Why not do a pre-order where you state that this will only happen if you get at least 100 orders?

1 week later
#172 8 years ago

Fuck Off Collin, nobody wants your bullshit here!

#181 8 years ago

Gene never had a License.....and Licensing was never really an issue in the "repro pinball parts" industry until Wayne & Gene started tattling on each other, now days licensing is everything and prevents a lot of stuff from ever getting made.....

Quoted from vid1900:

because Gene at IPB pumped out KISS playfields and backglasses for many years.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 179.00
$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

Displays
Retro Electro Designs

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 90.00
Machine - For Sale
Mesa, AZ
11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Homer Glen, IL
$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Forest City, PA
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stu.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/will-cpr-run-eight-ball-deluxe-playfields?tu=stu and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.