Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 894 posts
  • 250 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Daditude
  • Topic is favorited by 25 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“TPF Corona Virus Recovery Thread!”

• Hell Yes, im concerned 207 votes
      46%
    • Hell no, the silverball rolls on 200 votes
      44%
    • I already have the virus, im spreading it around!! 43 votes
      10%

(450 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

youpeople (resized).PNG
    Screen Shot 2020-03-13 at 9.36.37 PM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2020-03-13 at 9.35.12 PM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2020-03-13 at 9.33.09 PM (resized).png
    4AF9F8E6-2DF7-4DD0-B0CA-707965B97C09 (resized).png
    38E6BED7-3E4A-4585-8323-24D4A93A35B1 (resized).png
    GNR (resized).jpg
    4A05C84D-EBF4-4D88-A997-584547719B5F (resized).jpeg
    ABC55A64-3752-4E12-A211-2F452CC48B70 (resized).jpeg
    CF778200-852B-4A7A-8F02-772C37B1D552 (resized).jpeg
    infectious (resized).jpg
    8EDB20EA-ABB1-4EF2-B036-FBC849A62FE5 (resized).jpeg
    Screen Shot 2020-03-12 at 4.15.25 PM (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    67C069B3-F789-4648-871E-05CEAC9F638A (resized).png
    8BALL (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zablon.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#10 4 years ago

Are they wiping down the machines after each person?

#11 4 years ago
    Quoted from jahbarron:

I have Axe Body Spray. I’m all good!

That's certainly one way to keep people outside the cough distance!

#35 4 years ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

This....a population in fear is easier to control. Ever wonder why the media is always wanting you to be afraid? Pick any issue they hype and see the vein of fear they are trying to sow...

It isn't that they are actively trying to sow fear. It is that 'news' is boring, and sensationalism is where it's at. They have to get viewers, people like sensationalism (which is typically some form of 'you better watch out!').

#56 4 years ago
    Quoted from dos_reboot:

Your post is a breath of fresh air.

Something stinks here.

#59 4 years ago

Already picked out my outfit. Ain't nothin' gonna stop me now.

suit (resized).PNGsuit (resized).PNG
    1 week later
    #107 4 years ago

It's really not about the average person getting it, it's about spreading it to those that could be impacted severely by it. You have it for weeks before you even know in some cases. It's also the difference between a virus that has a vaccine, and one that doesn't (and which is more contagious as well). I'm not sure what part of this people don't understand. If you are going to compare it to the flu, at least grasp that concept. I do think those going out and clearing shelves are going overboard, but NOT going to huge events crowded with people is more common sense than going overboard.

#113 4 years ago
    Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

I would bring gloves.

and sneeze guards.

And they are now saying it can be passed through poop particles, so you might want to wear carbon filtered undies.

#135 4 years ago

I'm curious if ice is reading the same thread as the rest of us...

#140 4 years ago

Someone should tell him about how alcohol lowers your bodies ability to fight off disease.

#145 4 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

The monies lost should take a backseat to the potential lives lost

If only I thought you meant that.

#154 4 years ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Does anyone know where the Surgeon General is with all this going on? I recall Dr. C. Everett Coop always leading the charge on health issues back in the day

I posted a video in the main thread yesterday about his take, which is basically, it's blown out.

#179 4 years ago
    Quoted from Bublehead:

Here’s an image for ya- Some greasy handed urchin is standing in his TPF hotel room, cargo shorts laying at his ankles as his fist does the hearky jerk, and he just grabs his shorts, zips it up and heads to the showroom floor... tell me again how much you want to touch the lockbar after this guy stepped up to it?

The penis is the cleanest part of the body, with the overall loswest bacterial count. The cornea of the eye is the next cleanest part.

#184 4 years ago

I'm going to go and set up a toilet paper vendor stand.

#203 4 years ago

percieved is the wrong way to look at it. It is a 'potential' threat. The threat is real, just the actual outcome is unknown.

#226 4 years ago
    Quoted from davijc02:

I remember when SARS, the bird flu, H1N1, and Ebola were going to end civilization as we know it yet here we are.
    This whole whole corona deal is blown the hell out of proportion and will pass. Just more media scare tactics.

I bet people remembered when polio was just going to blow over too.

#234 4 years ago
    Quoted from paolinux:

here in italy since yesterday, by decree of the prime minister, we are in a protected area, practically closed restaurants, nobody can move except in cases of necessity, we are in economic collapse

So, is it 'bad', or just precautionary? Do you feel they are over reacting?

#240 4 years ago

Nah, let's just ignore it. What's another possible 100k+ deaths a year on top of the flu. Acceptable losses as long as the monkeys keep grinding.

#263 4 years ago
    Quoted from paolinux:

the problem is that the hospitals are full and the doctors have to choose who to save, until April 3 everything is closed here, to go to work you must have a self-certification, if the police stop you and you are not going to work or to the hospital you get arrested for 3 months

Well good luck to you all over there.

#271 4 years ago

That's an awesome go-cart track

#310 4 years ago

Someone in one of these threads pointed out that insurance companies don't cover 'epidemics'. Don't know if true and/or extends to these sort of things, and really...I'm not sure our government has even classified it as an epidemic or still consider it a media hoax.

#312 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The most shocking thing about this story to me is that apparently the Astrodome is still standing?!

It's early yet.

#327 4 years ago

I'll listen to this, but when I saw the address my first thought was it's going to be an entire podcast of 'Buy Apple stock'.

#329 4 years ago

Well this just dropped:

• The World Health Organization has formally declared the COVID-19 outbreak a "pandemic."

#341 4 years ago

We are in the beginning of an unprecedented world wide incident. Things that happened 100 years ago didn't have all the things going on we have today or the population numbers. It's not comparable. They failed to get a lid on this early on and it is out. We can hope that this will not be serious, but no matter what happens, some people in charge should REALLY be rethinking how they react to these things the next time around.

#369 4 years ago
    Quoted from Joniano:

This won't age well...

neither will his older relatives.

#379 4 years ago
    Quoted from Bublehead:

Yes but it’s jackass thinking to disregard history dude, so chill the F out. Maybe you want to kill a bunch of old people but that includes my mother so I will keep right on mongering, thank you very much.

Don't even bother. It's not worth it anymore. If there's still people out there with this mindset, nothing anyone says short of them on their deathbed is going to change their mind. They need someone to blame it on.

#384 4 years ago
    Quoted from Sinestro:And then there's sheep like you that panic every other year when a new "doomsday" bug is going around.

Except I haven't panicked at all. I'm just smart enough to realize if other countries are panicking to the point of locking down their country, there might be something to be concerned about beyond 'the media'.

#388 4 years ago
    Quoted from Sinestro:

The reality doesn't meet the hype. That's all I'm saying.
    Pointing out overreaction is not wanting death, or indifference to death.

I'm not sure what reality you are living in, but it isn't this one. Just because you choose to believe it's all hype, doesn't make it hype.

#392 4 years ago
    Quoted from Sinestro:

I'm not sure why you're having such difficulty understanding plain concepts, like fear and overreaction.
    I suppose I could type slower if you think it will help.

Like I said, not worth the effort. Good luck.

#396 4 years ago
    Quoted from konjurer:

Has the TPF organizers put out any information? I've been to the web site and I can't find any reference. I've received no emails. I've received emails from a whole bunch of corporations and events that are communicating how they are making their event or services safer. The airlines and car rental places have let me know about the extra steps they're taking. The event centers emailed about extra precautions and disinfecting activities they're doing.
    It would make me feel a whole lot better if I knew there were plans for how TPF intends to make the event as safe as possible and communicate those plans to the ticket holders. This is WAY worse that a basketball game. We're coming into contact with people from all over the globe and touching surfaces that are sure to be infected if someone infected has touched the surface.
    If they've put out something that I have ran across then I apologize for bring it up. However, if they've done nothing to prepare then it's complete irresponsible not to have communicated something by now.

They have spoken here at length, but it's buried in the last 5 pages or so somewhere. Mostly about they are in touch with the local officials and still plan to hold it unless told to shut it down. I'm sure they'll speak up if there's something else to add.

#403 4 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

It's a double edge sword. Do they call for a state of emergency which WILL result in a panic and unnecessary deaths, or try to install calm?

I think the toilet paper companies would agree there's already a panic. They need to call a state of emergency on that.

#448 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It seems likely to me that pretty much everything is toast until at least the Fall, with the NFL starting in October.
    Maybe that sentiment will seem silly in a month, I certainly hope so. But now?
    Yikes.

There seems to still be a lot of unknown about if this virus will go into summer or not...I was initially thinking mid april in parts of the country...but really no idea.

How's Austrailia/NZ doing?

#456 4 years ago
    Quoted from drfrightner:

Spencer, its obvious you could care less about anyone's concerns. The #1 demo for pinball has to be 45 plus, and the virus is killing mostly people who're older. Are you seriously going to sit here and tell me you can think of ONE THING maybe other than SLOT MACHINES where this virus could spread faster than on a pinball machine?
    Are you really that dumb? They're saying don't shake hands, but hey its perfectly fine to touch a pinball game, person after person lined up to play.
    How do they play with their HANDS! DUH!
    I don't see how going to an NBA game is as big a deal, you don't touch each other. Pinball look at the glass along covered in finger prints, now think about the flipper buttons. Dude you just have no respect for anyone! Seriously you don't. And you downvoted me and others... dude you're sad!

They aren't forcing you to go. Don't go.

#506 4 years ago

I think at this point, if you have anyone in your life you actually care about that you could possibly infect that might not fair as well as you, doing any of this is a stupid human/unnecessary risk. This is why people can't agree on things. You want to say drinking/texting as an example, because you've been told those are bad (and possibly seen the results). Well, people who've seen the results are telling you this is bad. Take heed.

#509 4 years ago

Whysnow Let me help you see the difference...

Number of deaths for leading causes of death
    Heart disease: 647,457 - Doesn't infect others
    Cancer: 599,108 - Doesn't infect others
    Accidents (unintentional injuries): 169,936 - Ban cars. Doesn't infect others
    Chronic lower respiratory diseases: 160,201 - Doesn't infect others
    Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases): 146,383 - Doesn't infect others
    Alzheimer’s disease: 121,404 - Doesn't infect others
    Diabetes: 83,564 - Doesn't infect others
    Influenza and pneumonia: 55,672 - Yep, that sucks too bad we don't do something about that too
    Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome, and nephrosis: 50,633 - Doesn't infect others
    Intentional self-harm (suicide): 47,173- Doesn't infect others
    Corvid-19 - Infects others.

#513 4 years ago
    Quoted from docquest:

This is true. They say if you are close enough to someone that you can smell their breath you are inhaling airborne particle from their mouth which would include the virus if they had it.

They also say it is in poop particles, so if someone farts and you smell it.....

#519 4 years ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

But MOST people will recover from these, yes?
    MOST people whom use common sense will avoid these? i.e. dont open mouth kiss strangers, wash hands often, don't sneeze in someones face, things like that?

Actually I would say most people don't avoid any of that, why do you think the flu spreads so much? As for avoidance, I will say before this I was clueless as to how many people died from the flu. I rarely get it, but hate when I do. The way I look at it is we already have the flu to deal with. Who really wants to deal with ANOTHER potentially fatal sickness on top of it. It's probably too late though, it's probably here to stay unless it mutates into something harmless.

#520 4 years ago

From left field though....I still am more scared of Lyme Disease than this. Fuck ticks.

#528 4 years ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

True, most people have terrible hygiene habits in this first world country with running water and a decent sewage system. Imagine how things are in countries w/o such amenities.
    We don't cower from the Flu every year, and I would love to know the number of people like myself whom do NOT get the vaccine for it every year, so why all the hysteria over covid19?

I think the 'why' has been covered multiple times. I even addressed a bit of it in the post you quoted.

#568 4 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

47,540 deaths a year to opiods.

And that's illegal in most cases, so should have cured itself! *cough*

#573 4 years ago

If we are lucky, this will die out with a whimper. If we aren't lucky, this could turn into any of your favorite apocalyptic films.

<cue The Thing: Blaire computer infection spread simulation> (can't find a pic)

#583 4 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

it does have to do with stats of other diseases, it was an attempt to think about perspective. Obviously you don't wish to, so carry on.

It's not really the right perspective at all. He was trying to diminish the concern over corona by comparing it to a myriad of other things that kill people (the same as 100 other posts regarding 'the flu' have been trying to do). The key thing with the majority of those is - that is PER YEAR. The second thing as I pointed out is the bulk of that is SELF INFLICTED. People DO care about those statistics, but others can't do anything about them. THIS others can do things about. Not sure what else needs to be said. If people don't understand the difference yet, maybe darwinism will figure it out.

#605 4 years ago

The fact that at this point we are still arguing about the seriousness of this explains so much about what is wrong with the world.

#607 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

I think you mean 'Merica.

'Merica is the world. Duh.

#624 4 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

I can’t think of a more dangerous environment for this thing to spread than a large pinball show. I’ve been to a few, and what I’ve noticed is disgusting. People wiping there nose and face while playing. Then the next person does the same. Alternating between touching the flippers then scratching their nose and rubbing their eyes and mouth. If concerts and sporting events are being cancelled, then pinball shows certainly should be as well.

God damn, you make one consider staying away even if we aren't in the midst of a pandemic.

#635 4 years ago

I think it's a little early to jump on the 'never again' if 'this' bandwagon. Give them some time.

#660 4 years ago
    Quoted from pipes:

Looks like the answer to the thread title is - YES.

8BALL (resized).jpg8BALL (resized).jpg
    #697 4 years ago

Honestly, wasn't even on my radar until this thread, but definitely will be looking at going next year.

#710 4 years ago
    Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Everything thing is Awesome! Or not. [quoted image]

It feels wrong upvoting sad things.

#726 4 years ago

The 5 stages of grief sure go fast for some people.

#746 4 years ago

Wonder how many of these people are willing to put their 10-30 pin collections on the line to show how confident they are that this is going to be 'over' in 2 weeks.

We really hope it does end that quickly. Even if it does, it doesn't mean what's being done was wrong....well except maybe the toilet paper hoarders. They are freaks.

#749 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Singapore did pretty much everything right and kept their infections and deaths low, but it's still going on there. US so far has done almost EVERYTHING wrong, the government is having Johns Hopkin's real time tracker obfuscate the stats for each state again as of yesterday. This is helpful to NO ONE. We need to know where the outbreaks are, and how bad they are.
    https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6
    We're on the Italy path of infection and health system overload, not Singapore's excellent relatively flat graph. We're looking at 2-3 months AT BEST.

Yea to clarify, I am in the shutting things down camp. It will be a very sad state of affairs if this does last 2-3 months.

#763 4 years ago
    Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Soooo, when are we gonna see JJP GNR? You can't unsee what's been seen

Rumor is it's going to be themed around Chinese Democracy. Can't wait! By far the best GnR album.

#781 4 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

It is very hard for some people to admit they were wrong even when presented with overwhelming evidence. It’s called the Fonzie effect.

I thought they were living life by The Art of the Deal one page at a time.

#787 4 years ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

LOL still stuck on this. Once again you people just can't stop with the political trashing.

youpeople (resized).PNGyoupeople (resized).PNG
    #797 4 years ago

Because no one goes to the movies anymore!

Seriously though, I thought the same thing. They are definitely feeling it though. I was reading a few articles about movies that opened this week and they make hardly anything. I mean way less than normal bombs.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zablon.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/will-coronavirus-stop-you-from-attending-tpf?tu=zablon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.