Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 894 posts
  • 250 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Daditude
  • Topic is favorited by 25 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“TPF Corona Virus Recovery Thread!”

• Hell Yes, im concerned 207 votes
      46%
    • Hell no, the silverball rolls on 200 votes
      44%
    • I already have the virus, im spreading it around!! 43 votes
      10%

(450 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

youpeople (resized).PNG
    Screen Shot 2020-03-13 at 9.36.37 PM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2020-03-13 at 9.35.12 PM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2020-03-13 at 9.33.09 PM (resized).png
    4AF9F8E6-2DF7-4DD0-B0CA-707965B97C09 (resized).png
    38E6BED7-3E4A-4585-8323-24D4A93A35B1 (resized).png
    GNR (resized).jpg
    4A05C84D-EBF4-4D88-A997-584547719B5F (resized).jpeg
    ABC55A64-3752-4E12-A211-2F452CC48B70 (resized).jpeg
    CF778200-852B-4A7A-8F02-772C37B1D552 (resized).jpeg
    infectious (resized).jpg
    8EDB20EA-ABB1-4EF2-B036-FBC849A62FE5 (resized).jpeg
    Screen Shot 2020-03-12 at 4.15.25 PM (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    67C069B3-F789-4648-871E-05CEAC9F638A (resized).png
    8BALL (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thefamilyarcade.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#211 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Why do people keep saying this?

Because stupid is as stupid does.

#279 4 years ago
    Quoted from DanDanDAN:

There is no THE flu there are many different strains and not all have a vaccine.
    The treatment for Corona is the same as any flu/cold.

This is irresponsible. And wrong.

#280 4 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

I heard on the radio they expect this covid 19 to return even worse in the fall...

Noted. “The Radio” is certainly an informed expert. Ignore advice from “The Radio” at your own peril!

#653 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

If only people got this fired up about the leading causes of death in the US each year...
    Many of which are more more easily impacted and have less cost to society to exert change.
    Number of deaths for leading causes of death
    Heart disease: 647,457
    Cancer: 599,108
    Accidents (unintentional injuries): 169,936
    Chronic lower respiratory diseases: 160,201
    Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases): 146,383
    Alzheimer’s disease: 121,404
    Diabetes: 83,564
    Influenza and pneumonia: 55,672
    Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome, and nephrosis: 50,633
    Intentional self-harm (suicide): 47,173

I wish I could say you were in rare form. But...

#750 4 years ago
    Quoted from drfrightner:

I've been watching videos from doctors and they're mostly all saying the same thing the media is making it sound way worse than it really is.

The “Theodorcik Medieval Barber” video doesn’t count.

#752 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Singapore did pretty much everything right and kept their infections and deaths low, but it's still going on there. US so far has done almost EVERYTHING wrong, the government is having Johns Hopkin's real time tracker obfuscate the stats for each state again as of yesterday. This is helpful to NO ONE. We need to know where the outbreaks are, and how bad they are.
    https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6
    We're on the Italy path of infection and health system overload, not Singapore's excellent relatively flat graph. We're looking at 2-3 months AT BEST.

What do mean “obfuscating the real time tracker”? What is happening?

#753 4 years ago
    Quoted from toastbot:

No no, April is when the virus will "miraculously" go away, haven't you heard?

Yup. That perennial April heatwave is like death and taxes. You can always count on it!

#768 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

The problem is, they have one or two sources for "news" and they're not actual news outlets, but opinion or propaganda and they also get info from their trusted facebook "friends" they've never met or who watch the same opinion or propaganda channels they do. If they watched PBS newshour, it would blow their mind what real, actual news is.

No kidding. And yet PBS, NPR, the Atlantic and The NY Times are all untrustworthy and elitist according to these highly informed people.

I asked a dude where he got his news and he said “he did his own research. Got his own news.” He had “bots”. Then he told me that 6 companies own all the news organizations in the world.

#769 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

If you need internal memos from the CDC to tell you how to avoid malware sites, I can't help you. The link I posted was the real deal pandemic tracker from Johns Hopkins and not a malware site. As if "jhu.edu" wasn't a big enough clue.
    http://whois.domaintools.com/jhu.edu
    The Johns Hopkins real time tracker is not "working fine right now." Zoom in on California. See ANY red dot ANYWHERE in the state? Two days ago there were large dots in LA, SF, Sac and smaller dots elsewhere with hundreds of cases. Today? Gone. That's a problem, and it came from the government to hide the numbers.

I thought the numbers in the US went down to 0 days ago? Can’t remember where I heard that though.

#824 4 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

It is very hard for some people to admit they were wrong even when presented with overwhelming evidence. It’s called the Fonzie effect.

They should rename it. I’ve got an idea.

#826 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:So I'm curious as to why the movies haven't been closed down yet; I'm honestly surprised.
    The current policy is "SDX" (the new premium Social Distancing Experience) that halves a theater's capacity and spreads people out.
    I guess that's as decent an idea as any but it sure as hell isn't getting me into a movie theater. I would expect that industry will be shuttered soon. Actually they should make only Drive-Ins allowed right now, that's the only show I'd be into. Get the docs on it and ask if that works as long as everybody stays in their socially distanced Buick.
    Buddy can you handle this?

Clandestine meetings are being held now by “top men” (under NDA of course) to get this Drive In Movie thing rolled out. You can also get tested for coronavirus in the concession line.

#828 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I’m sure it’s business as usual at Stern but let’s face it, this is not the most progressive company. They are run by old men who have in the past bragged to the entire industry about defeating workers by busting their union. I don’t think their highest concern lies with their employees on the line or in the office, but this kind of denial can’t last forever.
    They will stay open as long as possible, until they are shut down by the government or just refuse to come in. But as this continues to disrupt our daily lives at some point they will have to close the line. That day should probably be today but like I said it will be a little while.
    The professionals at Stern can work from home but I’m sure that hasn’t happened yet either.

Gary didn’t buy all those microwaves so workers could sit on their asses and eat at home!

#848 4 years ago
    Quoted from Utesichiban:

Sadly, it is all part of the Chinese government's plan to eventually replace the US and the world's superpower.
    Italy is one of the few EU countries whose economy has been stagnant enough in recent years to agree to take loans from China and join their controversial Belt & Road initiative.
    Even before they gave Covid19 to the world, China has been targeting Italy as their beachhead country into the traditional US influenced democratic countries of western Europe. If you think this is paranoia or xenophobia, read up on the subject.
    My cousin has lived in Shanghai for 13 years and he told me when we visited there last year that it no longer a well kept secret in China that President (dictator) Xi & the CCP's plan is to spread Chinese authoritarian influence around the world and become the world's next superpower. Belt & Road is a big part of those o going efforts.
    China as the world's superpower would not be pretty if you value freedom and democracy. Don't believe me? Read up on the Muslim concentration camps in Xinjiang, organ harvesting, and the surveillance state and infrastructure they've built throughout their country.

They are occupying the spaces we’ve vacated. If the US wants to lead the world, we actually need to, you know, provide leadership.

#855 4 years ago
    Quoted from robotron:

we dont need cnn in a pinball forum. reported!

Tattletale!

Did you report Johnny Utah too? Just responding to him.

#857 4 years ago
    Quoted from robotron:

other countries sticking it up americas rear end for decades and not getting away with it no more is why they are angry.

GLOBAL politics! Reported!

#859 4 years ago
    Quoted from robotron:

youre funny. i drive up the palisades every day and pass new city. now ill be thinking about you.

And I you when I’m next at Rock Fantasy. Maybe we can lay down arms one day and play some pinball together.

#861 4 years ago
    Quoted from robotron:

just messing with ya. we will meet at rock fantasy when this blows over.
    see, another pinpal!
    seriously im me when you go.

I posted this in another thread, where I’ve had a couple battles. We hugged it out over there too. So I thought of this! Lol

#863 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I feel really bad for Steve at rock fantasy. He’s just one of many small businesses being hurt by this.
    And on a personal level I’m good friends with Mr Rock Fantasy Man and I know this is tough and scary for him and his family in a number of ways.

Do you mean Steve? Hope he’s ok. I love what he does, but I’m not down with the new location yet. It was Future Shock for me. I’m going to have to get used to it.

#865 4 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Are you trying to imply that it was engineered? Othewise...I'm pretty sure that evolution and natural selection (or God if you believe in that) did this one to us, not China.

My wife’s theory - not cnn’s or the Atlantic’s - is that the hacking down of the rain forests (for things like palm oil farms, for example) has created a situation where the various animals and insects and critters that typically never leave the jungle have to when their habitat is destroyed. So they come into contact with more domesticated animals (and the kind we eat) and agriculture and people, and it just creates some new dynamic.

And of course, the related shrinking of bio-diversity doesn’t help for a variety of reasons.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thefamilyarcade.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/will-coronavirus-stop-you-from-attending-tpf?tu=thefamilyarcade and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.