Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 894 posts
  • 250 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Daditude
  • Topic is favorited by 25 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“TPF Corona Virus Recovery Thread!”

• Hell Yes, im concerned 207 votes
      46%
    • Hell no, the silverball rolls on 200 votes
      44%
    • I already have the virus, im spreading it around!! 43 votes
      10%

(450 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

youpeople (resized).PNG
    Screen Shot 2020-03-13 at 9.36.37 PM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2020-03-13 at 9.35.12 PM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2020-03-13 at 9.33.09 PM (resized).png
    4AF9F8E6-2DF7-4DD0-B0CA-707965B97C09 (resized).png
    38E6BED7-3E4A-4585-8323-24D4A93A35B1 (resized).png
    GNR (resized).jpg
    4A05C84D-EBF4-4D88-A997-584547719B5F (resized).jpeg
    ABC55A64-3752-4E12-A211-2F452CC48B70 (resized).jpeg
    CF778200-852B-4A7A-8F02-772C37B1D552 (resized).jpeg
    infectious (resized).jpg
    8EDB20EA-ABB1-4EF2-B036-FBC849A62FE5 (resized).jpeg
    Screen Shot 2020-03-12 at 4.15.25 PM (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    67C069B3-F789-4648-871E-05CEAC9F638A (resized).png
    8BALL (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#23 4 years ago
    Quoted from Spiderpin:

Corona no thanks I'll have a Stella Artois.

I keep waiting for these beer jokes to get old, but it hasn’t happened yet!

#28 4 years ago

guys relax...I'm hearing it will just disappear, as if it were a miracle!

#53 4 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

https://www.dallasnews.com/food/restaurant-news/2020/02/28/can-you-get-coronavirus-from-drinking-corona-beer-no-but-the-brand-still-takes-a-hit/
    Wow.
    BTW, I poked around a bit. San Antonio has a confirmed case, as well as Mexico reporting a few cases so far today. None in Dallas so far, but we all know this thing isn't going to be contained...

Will this or will this not affect the Stones at the Cotton Bowl in May?!

#55 4 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

I realize you're joking, but...in all honesty....if people are already stupid enough to stop drinking Corona, they might be out of business by May at that rate! Completely ludicrous. Also, I won't be surprised to see a bunch of concerts get cancelled along the way. Now you've got me worried that this show my wife got tickets to in April is going to be at risk. = \

Yeah I bought tickets for a bunch of summer and fall shows over the last couple of weeks, including that aforementioned Cotton bowl show. As a stupid man likes to say, "We'll see what happens."

#89 4 years ago

I'm wondering, will some other regular flu vaccine work? You know we just pump that out there, and attack Corona?

No?

Huh. OK how about the Polio vaccine? We still have some of that stuff laying around?

No? Hmm, well I'm all out of ideas. Fortunately it will be the beautiful month of April soon and it will just go away.

#120 4 years ago
    Quoted from Skypilot:

I run the new Ohio Show,PinBrew with the former owner of the Ohio
    Pinball show. I am married to a brilliant doctor who is educating us on the issues. Its in the same league as the flu. Wash your hands ,cough into your armpit an STAY home if your ill. Life goes on people,even if the press has wrote off humanity

What does your brilliant spouse doctor think about large gatherings and pinball tournaments? Does the doc think canceling these large events - conventions, festivals etc - is a good idea or just the press writing off humanity?

#176 4 years ago
    Quoted from Bublehead:

Yes, take a toothbrush, now use it to scrub the inside of the toilet bowl, and get under the rim really good, shit sticks up in there all the time. Yes they made you clean up other people’s shit. All the time. Dig a latrine, fill in a latrine, clean the toilets, wash other people’s shit stained underwear, there were all kinds of opportunities to touch other people’s shit, and if you refused, you just got more shit to touch.

They left that out of the recruiting commercials.

#186 4 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

Getting a ticket?? Not anymore!![quoted image]

Hilarious!

Can't wait to see this in each of the other 4 Covid threads, like the crane machine with toilet paper.

#188 4 years ago
    Quoted from pbu:

While getting COVID-19 is incredibly unlikely,.

Why do people keep saying this?

#245 4 years ago
    Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

I doubt that. It’s exploding. National Guard deployed in NY.

Shit.

I was just about to go looting.

#305 4 years ago
    Quoted from Leeb18509:

Frankly if half the crowd doesn't show up it wouldn't be the worst thing.

The organizers might not agree with you.

There are significant bills to pay.

#311 4 years ago

The most shocking thing about this story to me is that apparently the Astrodome is still standing?!

#313 4 years ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

Someone in one of these threads pointed out that insurance companies don't cover 'epidemics'. Don't know if true and/or extends to these sort of things, and really...I'm not sure our government has even classified it as an epidemic or still consider it a media hoax.

Has all the earmarks of a good old fashioned hoax!

#315 4 years ago
    Quoted from mbeardsley:

Yeah, the tricky part was getting the 4000 people who have died from it to go along and pretend to be dead.

Not sure if you noticed but other diseases and cars kill way more people!!!!

Therefore it's a hoax. Or we shouldn't care about it. Or something.

#319 4 years ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

Someone in one of these threads pointed out that insurance companies don't cover 'epidemics'.

Unfortunately I highly doubt they are covered for something like this.

The big music festivals with multimillion dollar budgets don't have it, which is why huge canceled music festivals like Ultra and SXSW aren't offering refunds, only tickets for 2021 or 2022. That's the same policy MGC said they'd be using which makes sense.

#325 4 years ago
    Quoted from LesManley:

Might want to double check your facts. I don't envy Dan. Not only does he have to deal with the Corona Virus problem, he has to battle all the misinformation people put out there too which only makes things that much worse.
    [quoted image]

Sorry dan!

#337 4 years ago

OK shit just got real! This is a few blocks from my apartment! Fine, fine...I'll get in line for toilet paper...

https://nypost.com/2020/03/11/nycs-john-jay-college-closes-after-student-tests-positive-for-coronavirus/

#362 4 years ago

They axed the St. Patty's parade too. Not gonna lie won't miss all the green vomit.

#444 4 years ago

It seems likely to me that pretty much everything is toast until at least the Fall, with the NFL starting in October.

Maybe that sentiment will seem silly in a month, I certainly hope so. But now?

Yikes.

#451 4 years ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

There seems to still be a lot of unknown about if this virus will go into summer or not...I was initially thinking mid april in parts of the country...but really no idea.
    How's Austrailia/NZ doing?

I'd assume Australia is doing shitty as it just gave Tom Hanks and the entire crew of an Elvis movie the Virus.

Why are they filming a movie about Elvis in Australia?!

Late Summer/Early Fall.

Everything till then is toast and it sucks. I had a pretty sweet Summer lined up.

#508 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

If only people got this fired up about the leading causes of death in the US each year...
    Many of which are more more easily impacted and have less cost to society to exert change.
    Number of deaths for leading causes of death
    Heart disease: 647,457
    Cancer: 599,108
    Accidents (unintentional injuries): 169,936
    Chronic lower respiratory diseases: 160,201
    Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases): 146,383
    Alzheimer’s disease: 121,404
    Diabetes: 83,564
    Influenza and pneumonia: 55,672
    Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome, and nephrosis: 50,633
    Intentional self-harm (suicide): 47,173

Really trying to figure out what your horse is in this race.

Upset a few Phish shows will be postponed?

#518 4 years ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

But MOST people will recover from these, yes?
    MOST people whom use common sense will avoid these? i.e. dont open mouth kiss strangers, wash hands often, don't sneeze in someones face, things like that?

Don't attend large conventions where thousands of people with generally questionable hygiene from across the country are in close proximity and touching the same things? Things like that?

#522 4 years ago
    Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

I bet he is. Can’t he just smoke a bowl and put a bootleg recording on to take the edge off?

If you aren't twirling around with your tongue hanging out and spreading your virus germs throughout an entire arena floor, it just ain't the same.

#535 4 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

I'm mocking people who didn't give a shit until a celebrity got sick. As if all of the non-celebrity people on earth are bullshit. Pay attention.

That's not really fair.

Most people don't know someone with the virus. At least they didn't till last night.

Now, the entire NBA and Tom Hanks has it. People "know" these people. It's only natural that this makes it "more real" for many people. It's nothing to do with valuing celebs over anybody else.

#595 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinlawyer:

MLB and NHL are also suspending their seasons. No pro sports, people.

I think we'll get the NFL. Maybe starting late, say, October.

#596 4 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Washington Redskins are calling their scouts and people home. With the NFL draft coming up. I wonder if other teams will follow ?
    LTG : )

Wow...for the first time in decades my beloved Redskins are the first to get something right!

Quoted from pinballOsp:

Poll results once again showing the stupidity of this country and that goes for the inaptitude of the government. We always seem to reach a new low and yet I am always somehow befuddled.
    We're gonna light up worse than Italy.

The poll is two weeks old.

If it started today you'd see vastly different results.

#609 4 years ago

TPF has been cancelled.

Good move guys, and responsible. I really hope you can regroup, and that the hotel and other partners are reasonable and can work with you on this.

#612 4 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Where is this posted, exactly?

Everywhere, soon.

If you get emails from deep root check your inbox. I’m sure an official announcement coming soon.

#645 4 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

Sorry...I must be mistaken. I know Pinburgh sells out in minutes.

The TPF pinball tournament sells out quickly, not the show.

#694 4 years ago

I guess your stats about heart disease just weren’t convincing enough.

#727 4 years ago
    Quoted from ausretrogamer:

Cooling down in 14 to 30 days? Surely you jest Doctor!

Yeah I would think this is fantasy. Disney is going to open on March 28? Really?!

I think they just picked that date as a point where they will stop paying their “cast members.” Everybody else who just picked April 1 as the date when this is all over...just an arbitrary place holder.

#758 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Imagine getting that kind of damage at 30. That is NOT the flu profile. Saying it shouldn't be taken VERY seriously because it's like the flu or a cold is a really poor idea.

You have to understand, the flu comparers THRIVE on bad ideas. They are like bad idea vampires.

And, while their numbers have dwindled, those who remain are still HARDCORE on this. They are going to the grave repeating how many people the flu kills.

Once you are that dedicated I guess you just can’t let up. Ever. They’ve been repeating this for weeks, and just have too much vested to give up on it now, even though it’s TERRIBLE advice and completely irresponsible to push.

#796 4 years ago

So I'm curious as to why the movies haven't been closed down yet; I'm honestly surprised.

The current policy is "SDX" (the new premium Social Distancing Experience) that halves a theater's capacity and spreads people out.

I guess that's as decent an idea as any but it sure as hell isn't getting me into a movie theater. I would expect that industry will be shuttered soon. Actually they should make only Drive-Ins allowed right now, that's the only show I'd be into. Get the docs on it and ask if that works as long as everybody stays in their socially distanced Buick.

Buddy can you handle this?

#806 4 years ago
    Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

Drive-Ins allowed right now??? What about AT home PPV maybe $15-$20 a pop MAX

That's a good idea. Close the theaters and do PPV direct. That's too cheap here I think $30 would work here, where a pair of tickets is about $40.

They'll lose a ton of money though. No concessions.

#827 4 years ago
    Quoted from Utesichiban:

Pivoting this discussion a bit, how does this affect pinball manufacturing for the next 2-6 months? Has Stern told their employees to stay at home like so many across the country or does their line stay open for the new games they are currently making like JP2, Elvira, etc?
    My guess is even if the line remains open, sales will slow in 2-4 months if this continues long and impact to the economy begins to be felt. Let’s hope it doesn’t come to that but Italy is a mess right now and lack of quarantining of hot zone areas like NYC, Seattle, etc combined with llack of testing I’m afraid is almost guaranteeing spread throughout the country.

I’m sure it’s business as usual at Stern but let’s face it, this is not the most progressive company. They are run by old men who have in the past bragged to the entire industry about defeating workers by busting their union. I don’t think their highest concern lies with their employees on the line or in the office, but this kind of denial can’t last forever.

They will stay open as long as possible, until they are shut down by the government or just refuse to come in. But as this continues to disrupt our daily lives at some point they will have to close the line. That day should probably be today but like I said it will be a little while.

The professionals at Stern can work from home but I’m sure that hasn’t happened yet either.

#836 4 years ago
    Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

$4.50 coke when it costs pennies and $5.50 popcorn. Beer pricing is at bar levels.

Well, now you don’t have to worry about that stuff as you’d be insane to go to the movies and they’ll probably shut down theaters soon anyway.

Like a million other things, paying $10 for popcorn at the movies is something we are gonna to miss.

#862 4 years ago

I feel really bad for Steve at rock fantasy. He’s just one of many small businesses being hurt by this.

And on a personal level I’m good friends with Mr Rock Fantasy Man and I know this is tough and scary for him and his family in a number of ways.

#870 4 years ago

I’d change the title to TPF Recovery Thread.

One less corona thread would help, and it would also help the TPF assistance.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/will-coronavirus-stop-you-from-attending-tpf?tu=crazylevi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.