Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 894 posts
  • 250 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Daditude
  • Topic is favorited by 25 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“TPF Corona Virus Recovery Thread!”

• Hell Yes, im concerned 207 votes
      46%
    • Hell no, the silverball rolls on 200 votes
      44%
    • I already have the virus, im spreading it around!! 43 votes
      10%

(450 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

youpeople (resized).PNG
    Screen Shot 2020-03-13 at 9.36.37 PM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2020-03-13 at 9.35.12 PM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2020-03-13 at 9.33.09 PM (resized).png
    4AF9F8E6-2DF7-4DD0-B0CA-707965B97C09 (resized).png
    38E6BED7-3E4A-4585-8323-24D4A93A35B1 (resized).png
    GNR (resized).jpg
    4A05C84D-EBF4-4D88-A997-584547719B5F (resized).jpeg
    ABC55A64-3752-4E12-A211-2F452CC48B70 (resized).jpeg
    CF778200-852B-4A7A-8F02-772C37B1D552 (resized).jpeg
    infectious (resized).jpg
    8EDB20EA-ABB1-4EF2-B036-FBC849A62FE5 (resized).jpeg
    Screen Shot 2020-03-12 at 4.15.25 PM (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    67C069B3-F789-4648-871E-05CEAC9F638A (resized).png
    8BALL (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider coindork.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#90 4 years ago
    Quoted from EricHadley:

As coronavirus continues to spread and get worse they will close all large venues. It’s already happening......

I’m in Paris at the moment.
    Yesterday I was watching CNN when I got back to my hotel room and they were saying that public places in Europe are shutting down due to the Coronavirus threat. They showed a video clip of the front of the Louvre with two people standing in front of it as if we’re closed.
    I can tell you for a fact, it was not closed yesterday.

#92 4 years ago
    Quoted from cait001:

They were probably referring to the staff walkout over coronavirus concerns https://www.reuters.com/article/us-china-health-france-louvre-idUSKBN20O1OG
    The Louvre is a great example of a virus petri dish as you have an incredible density of tourists meeting in enclosed space. The sheer moisture from human breathe is recognized specifically as a threat to be analyzed and mitigated against in regards to painting preservation, so workers there would have decent analysis in that regard.

That very well may be, but the way they presented it was not as a staff walk out and more along the lines of a manditory closure (which isn’t the case).

1 week later
    #484 4 years ago
    Quoted from Spelunk71:

TPF is still on, but the Frisco fire department has suspended children’s birthday parties at the fire station. Looks like things are getting real.
    https://www.friscotexas.gov/1621/Coronavirus-Information

Firemen go through medical training and are quite often the first responders on emergency calls.
    Gotta keep them healthy, those boys save lives the same as paramedics.

#493 4 years ago
    Quoted from drfrightner:

I'm going to just assume that TPF cancels and MGC follows suit.
    What is going to happen if it does happen to all the reveals? Think about this for a moment. Right now DEEP ROOT is flying in a ton of people to see all their new games. Maybe Chicago Gaming has something, JJP has Guns, Stern is whatever, maybe their is a mystery new game who knows. What happens?
    Good question huh?
    Can someone say JACK DANGER to the rescue... I'll bet there will be a lot of Jack Danger coming soon on twitch.
    Will be a bummer to miss out on seeing the games first hand but everyone's safety should take priority!

Need a hug bro?
    I promise not to cough on you.

#556 4 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

The problem is that none of those things happen simultaneously to a large population.
    Under normal circumstances, a small handful of people with a viral infection are manageable, and unless they have some serious complications, they are likely to be able to survive it.
    The problem right now overseas is that very large numbers of the population are infected and totally overwhelming their heath care infrastructure. For example, if 3 people need a ventilator, and only one is available, 2 of those people probably aren't going to make it.
    On top of that, there is no vaccine. That's about a year away, unless some corners get cut.
    So, what we have right now are mitigation measures to help slow down the rate of infection within populations. All it takes is one asymptomatic person in a large group of people to spread it around, and for those people to spread it around, and so on. So, limiting gatherings of people will help reduce exposure, and a slower spread will be a bit more manageable for the heath care infrastructure to be able handle.

AAF5F848-2D40-42B9-A9C8-D864E0B39164 (resized).jpegAAF5F848-2D40-42B9-A9C8-D864E0B39164 (resized).jpeg
    #658 4 years ago

I’m sure this entire thing will be a financial disaster for them.
    They can keep my money for preregistration passes as far as I’m concerned.
    It’s more important to see them survive going forward so that there are shows to attend in the future.

I’m also going to make an effort to go on some of the vendors websites and make some online purchases.
    Some vendors would have been counting on the revenue stream.

It’s gonna hurt people.

#668 4 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I hope not. I don't know their agreements. If a show cancels. They could be out a lot of money. Hotel, convention center, guarantee on rooms, food, and bars.
    If a city or state cancels it. They may not have as much a financial loss. Other than promotion and stuff.
    I do hope nothing but the best for TPF and MGC. A bad turn of events could kill a show.
    LTG : )

I hope not as well, but I guess time will tell.
    Wishing them the best right now.
    This has to be a stressful time.

#691 4 years ago
    Quoted from cait001:

Great statement, well done TPF. You have my support.

Agreed.
    Tuff situation all around, but sounds like they are handling it very professionally.

#876 4 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

Well, can we talk about the screwy leadership in France and Italy ?

Belgium has put in place similar policy’s to France and Italy.
    Spain will not be far behind.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider coindork.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/will-coronavirus-stop-you-from-attending-tpf?tu=coindork and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.