Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 894 posts
  • 250 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Daditude
  • Topic is favorited by 25 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“TPF Corona Virus Recovery Thread!”

• Hell Yes, im concerned 207 votes
      46%
    • Hell no, the silverball rolls on 200 votes
      44%
    • I already have the virus, im spreading it around!! 43 votes
      10%

(450 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

youpeople (resized).PNG
    Screen Shot 2020-03-13 at 9.36.37 PM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2020-03-13 at 9.35.12 PM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2020-03-13 at 9.33.09 PM (resized).png
    4AF9F8E6-2DF7-4DD0-B0CA-707965B97C09 (resized).png
    38E6BED7-3E4A-4585-8323-24D4A93A35B1 (resized).png
    GNR (resized).jpg
    4A05C84D-EBF4-4D88-A997-584547719B5F (resized).jpeg
    ABC55A64-3752-4E12-A211-2F452CC48B70 (resized).jpeg
    CF778200-852B-4A7A-8F02-772C37B1D552 (resized).jpeg
    infectious (resized).jpg
    8EDB20EA-ABB1-4EF2-B036-FBC849A62FE5 (resized).jpeg
    Screen Shot 2020-03-12 at 4.15.25 PM (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    67C069B3-F789-4648-871E-05CEAC9F638A (resized).png
    8BALL (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinkitten.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#515 4 years ago

Sux bad, I have my flight booked and was looking forward to meeting pinball friends in TX for the first time. Reality is, we may not have a decision to make, as this is evolving very quickly. Some municipalities are banning events with more than 250 people, some less. If I have to decide to fly into an area thousands of miles from home with confirmed cases and an atmosphere of (at best) caution, I’m not looking forward to that decision. But I hope we are all safe.

#550 4 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

Amen to that one. Yeesh.

I really don't get people quoting these flu stats. You're talking about deaths from a whole year. This thing has been active less than TWO MONTHS.

And it’s just getting started, the flu has been around awhile.

#569 4 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

YA, time to reschedule TPF to later in year. Big group of people touching all the machines and coughing/farting all day.
    Its just safer at this point to push this event back a few months.
    In fact, always surprised that a pinball show hasn't been ground zero for other outbreaks.

It always comes back to the farts with pinball players. Why does pinball result in such troublesome gastric conditions? Or, are farty people more attracted to pinball? Is it because you can stand and play at the same time? Drink beer between balls?

#604 4 years ago
    Quoted from Wickerman2:

Good point. Flu antibodies are present in different amounts in a good portion of the population—vaccinated or not—due to previous exposure.
    Covid is a “novel” virus which basically means new. No antibodies anywhere. No defense.
    New viruses don’t necessarily kill everyone, but this is new and fairly dangerous.

Well said. It's certainly a dangerous health risk, even if the risk of death to most people is minimal. There is concern about a global exposure that overwhelms the healthcare systems and generally disrupts life. But then you have a reportedly 3% (or so) morbidity rate, which would be catastrophic to the high-risk population if the numbers reach the kind they fear. If there are about 330 million people in America, and the virus reaches half that, as many as 5 million could be at serious risk. Thus all the mass cancellations.

#889 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

So I'm curious as to why the movies haven't been closed down yet; I'm honestly surprised.
    The current policy is "SDX" (the new premium Social Distancing Experience) that halves a theater's capacity and spreads people out.
    I guess that's as decent an idea as any but it sure as hell isn't getting me into a movie theater. I would expect that industry will be shuttered soon. Actually they should make only Drive-Ins allowed right now, that's the only show I'd be into. Get the docs on it and ask if that works as long as everybody stays in their socially distanced Buick.
    Buddy can you handle this?

If you are “cool” you have to sit with at least a one-seat gap between you and your bros! I never understood that. Is there something bad about sitting next to your friends? I guess I’m just not cool. Not during a pandemic, of course, I understand social distancing. I mean all other times. Teenagers won’t sit together if they are same gender. They sit with an empty seat buffer. Why? Stinky friends? Popcorn theft? Farting? Why!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinkitten.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/will-coronavirus-stop-you-from-attending-tpf?tu=Pinkitten and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.