Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 894 posts
  • 250 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Daditude
  • Topic is favorited by 25 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“TPF Corona Virus Recovery Thread!”

• Hell Yes, im concerned 207 votes
      46%
    • Hell no, the silverball rolls on 200 votes
      44%
    • I already have the virus, im spreading it around!! 43 votes
      10%

(450 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

youpeople (resized).PNG
    Screen Shot 2020-03-13 at 9.36.37 PM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2020-03-13 at 9.35.12 PM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2020-03-13 at 9.33.09 PM (resized).png
    4AF9F8E6-2DF7-4DD0-B0CA-707965B97C09 (resized).png
    38E6BED7-3E4A-4585-8323-24D4A93A35B1 (resized).png
    GNR (resized).jpg
    4A05C84D-EBF4-4D88-A997-584547719B5F (resized).jpeg
    ABC55A64-3752-4E12-A211-2F452CC48B70 (resized).jpeg
    CF778200-852B-4A7A-8F02-772C37B1D552 (resized).jpeg
    infectious (resized).jpg
    8EDB20EA-ABB1-4EF2-B036-FBC849A62FE5 (resized).jpeg
    Screen Shot 2020-03-12 at 4.15.25 PM (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    67C069B3-F789-4648-871E-05CEAC9F638A (resized).png
    8BALL (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Bublehead.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#9 4 years ago

The problem is this virus is more deadly, like 20x more deadly, than the flu. The odds of dying are a lot higher than the flu if you get it.

That be said...

No, I am going, and I am having a good time.

Unless it goes pandemic, then all bets are off, because they will have travel lockdowns if they are smart.

#27 4 years ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

see the vein of fear they are trying to sow...

Way to mix metaphors... that should be row of fear they are trying to sow or vein of fear they are trying to mine... but we get the idea.

#57 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

As a stupid man likes to say, "We'll see what happens."

I thought that was Trump's favorite line? Am I missing something here?

#88 4 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

Wait until the complaints come in about hand sanitizer taking paint off playfield cabinets after repeated overuse.

Now why did you have to go and remind the anal collectors about this? Actually I foresee a cancellation of the show before this happens.

#96 4 years ago

Uncle Daddy Cleatus?!? Why are you in here?

72D8E451-A4F4-419E-920C-FF5083883415 (resized).jpeg72D8E451-A4F4-419E-920C-FF5083883415 (resized).jpeg
    #172 4 years ago

Hey, let’s face it, we don’t like to think about it, but their is a certain “Je ne sais quoi” you get from some attendees that made you want to go take a bath. I’m not a Squeamish person, I learned to touch others peoples shit in the military, like they make sure you do, but there are a few people walking around where you have to ask, just what rare form of untreatable STD am I exposing myself to if I play the next game after them? I have seen people walk up and stand in line to play the latest FOMO offerings, just to watch NOBODY line up behind them to play after them. That’s when I jump in line behind them, because, well, maybe I’m going to get an incurable rash, but at least I get to flip the latest and greatest before it takes hold.

I’m bringing a black light flashlight and shining it on the machines as I play, just to stoke the fears of everyone else, and to make sure the lockbar doesn’t look like Jackson Pollock painting... but actually using it to look for hidden UV artwork that may be leveraged later for mods... I have seen stranger things before...

#175 4 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

Wait what?

Yes, take a toothbrush, now use it to scrub the inside of the toilet bowl, and get under the rim really good, shit sticks up in there all the time. Yes they made you clean up other people’s shit. All the time. Dig a latrine, fill in a latrine, clean the toilets, wash other people’s shit stained underwear, there were all kinds of opportunities to touch other people’s shit, and if you refused, you just got more shit to touch.

#191 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Why do people keep saying this?

Because they want it to be true. Simply put. The reality is, we are all just as likely to get it, but only a smaller fraction of society is actually at dire risk of death from it. The needs of the few may outweigh the needs of the many before this is run its course. Do I fear covid19? Not for myself, but for my mother (bless her 80 year old heart) I am very fearful. So if I sequester myself, I am being a good citizen, not a fearful worrywort.

#195 4 years ago

The problem is, the masks stop the vapor droplets that carry the virus, the vapor droplets evaporate, the remaining virus is small enough to pass right through the mask. You breathe it in, wah-freaking-lah, you got it. Masks limit exposure to it, but it doesn't protect you. Just do what you can do to limit exposure and live your life. Stay away from vector magnets like kids, heath care workers, and the elderly. Not to protect your self, per se, but to help protect them.

#199 4 years ago

This may not be up to the organizers to call. Mayor of Austin nixed SxSW... Frisco’s mayor may follow suit...

#233 4 years ago

Bookmark this page and wait folks... this is probably where we will see something first-

https://www.friscotexas.gov/1621/Coronavirus-Information

#236 4 years ago

I heard in Italy, the problem is it has a LOT of old people, it is one of the largest countries with a very large population of elderly citizens.

Scooped by Wickerman again, dang it...

#248 4 years ago

I think if I was bringing a machine or machines for free entry, they would be my beater project machines and I wouldn’t care about the sanitizer flood they will receive. Any operators bringing machines would probably not care either as their machines face the public daily. On the other hand, the owner of that HEP Krull would most likely not appreciate the anti-crud-douche from all the festival goers. This is a good question for the TPF organizers, and MGC @goatdan. I think a lot of people would question bringing their collectibles knowing the venue and event organizers are going to embrace the “nuke it from orbit” actions of attendees as they self sanitize every machine they play. And it’s one thing to gather in large groups where we are just close to each other, but another altogether where we are actively touching and retouching everything in the joint. The health people would probably shit bricks knowing not only are we gathering, but we are rubbing our hands all over everything too.

#318 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

we shouldn't care about it. Or something.

Well, obviously you seem to care more about CrazyLevi than anything else, so that shouldn’t be too hard for ya.

#322 4 years ago

If I feared anything about going to TPF this year, this is the one that I fear the most... a total no-show by game bringers, leaving just huge lines at the manufacturers booths.

#367 4 years ago

I think this answers any question on cancellation, it will be the Mayors of “Amity Island’s” that kill the most people... yeah I just threw in a Jaws reference to make this somewhat pinball related...

#377 4 years ago
    Quoted from Sinestro:

Way more have died from the Flu this year.
    Nice try...keep fear mongering.

Yes but it’s jackass thinking to disregard history dude, so chill the F out. Maybe you want to kill a bunch of old people but that includes my mother so I will keep right on mongering, thank you very much.

#404 4 years ago
    Quoted from mystman12:

How much these things will help in the long run is yet to be seen

Actually if you compare St. Louis and Philadelphia during the 1918 Spanish flu, this is actually not true, we know what both of those cities did, one isolated, the other did not. One had a SIGNIFICANT lower death toll than the other. Only difference was the timing of when social distancing was embraced. So we do know it will help, and it has already been “seen” in history.

#419 4 years ago
    Quoted from rosh:

Certainly going to be odd watching games with no crowd noise.

They are having them without “fans”, not student/faculty/family, so there will be some people in the seats, just no fans.

#421 4 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

I have not made the final decision, yet.

Are you serious or just trolling us?!?

#498 4 years ago

One thing is an absolute truth- corona virus will not stop anyone from going to TPF. It doesn’t care who you are, what party you belong to, or that it can or cannot kill you, or wether you come to Texas or not. However, the government (at some level- local, county, state, or federal) on the other hand, will. Don’t take a handicapper long to calculate those odds. Anyone want to take a bet that TPF doesn’t get shut down? Odds are not looking good.

#516 4 years ago

Did you know there is a game where you can try and infect the world and kill off all of humanity? It’s called Plague Inc. and my wife has been playing it for years, and is an expert at mutating her virus and killing off mankind. It has all these graphs and charts exactly like what you see on the news right now. Infection rates, incubation periods, etc... it is all based on the science behind it. The programmers have commented they tried to make it as real to life and science as possible.

Ok, so big deal, my wife knows exactly what viral traits make a successful deadly viral strain that can wipe out humanity in a computer game...

Yes, but-

Her best planet killing virus she has ever “engineered” in the game had all the exact same traits as this corona virus... the only thing that it isn’t doing is killing everyone equally, or to say it another way, it currently favors killing the immuno compromised and elderly. The virologists will confirm that in a pandemic, the viral strain is not static. It can and will mutate as it spreads. If it mutates to a wider populace demographic, which could happen at any time, we could be toast. Which is why pandemics are pandemic.

Just a little FYI on why we are skipping TPF, but you can make your own call.

#534 4 years ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

number of people like myself whom do NOT get the vaccine for it every year

Here in Az, where we swing geriatric in our demographic, these old people take flu vaccines very seriously. They ask each other all the time, “Got your flu shot yet?” and will ostracize you if you have not. I guess wanting to live a longer life is a common thread amongst the elderly? They also helped vote in medical marijuana because, damn it, maybe there is some health benefits to pain management using it, and maybe I will need it soon?

It’s amazing to see dyed in the wool conservatives suddenly get a little more liberal in their thinking as they get older. I’m trying to figure out why that is? Oh yeah, something about wanting to live...

#543 4 years ago
    Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Sounds like a losing proposition either way you go. Don't disinfect things and more people get infected, disinfect everything and potentially accelerate / cause a mutation.

Which is why social distancing works better than the “nuke it from orbit” sanitation. By limiting spread via non-contact, you don’t artificially accelerate the mutation mechanism by killing weaker forms of the virus, thus promoting the more virulent strain. This is just simple logic.

#586 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pinkitten:

It always comes back to the farts with pinball players.

Yep... and I own two of the most farting pinballs, if not the only two? FG & SP...

#587 4 years ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

maybe darwinism will figure it out.

Well Darwin is sure helping out the virus, if nothing else...

#593 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinballOsp:

We're gonna light up worse than Italy.

Gives new meaning to “Special when lit”

BC50F56A-51E7-42CD-9481-1D4BFA742C34 (resized).jpegBC50F56A-51E7-42CD-9481-1D4BFA742C34 (resized).jpeg
    #600 4 years ago

Comerica Center just closed till April, and that is right next door to TPF...

#714 4 years ago
    Quoted from Beaumistim:

what are you going to do now?

Stay home...

...and get drunk...

...and play freaking pinball...

Hell, I’m geared for it.

#721 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

did LTG just officially confirm the next JJP game and that is was being revealed at TPF?
    best news to come out of this whole thing so far.

I was wondering if anyone else caught that...

#737 4 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Thank you for throwing me under the bus

I want you to know I refrained from saying anything...

4A05C84D-EBF4-4D88-A997-584547719B5F (resized).jpeg4A05C84D-EBF4-4D88-A997-584547719B5F (resized).jpeg
    #742 4 years ago

The problem is not how many will die, the problem is can the healthcare system take in the millions at once? No. So we must limit spread to ease the burden on the system, because if it does get overrun with old people, then people will start to die that didn’t have to. This is just plain logic, no politics involved, however the President just announced an national emergency, so take that as you will.

#747 4 years ago
    Quoted from bankmansam:

don't know how they can raise the money for next year

They can keep my 2020 admission money and give me a deep discount on 2021 would be what I think is fair to both parties. So with lower expenses of not actually having the show, coupled with keeping a large portion of the gate should make the discounts for 2021 pay for itself, but not all TPF attendees might see it this way. I am sure lawyers are involved and contracts will be broken/kept/enforced and the final outcome will not be clear until after 2021.

#779 4 years ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

What expenses of not having a show? It was a couple weeks away. Everything for 2020 has probably already been paid for.
    I know those of us working the tournaments bought our stuff long ago. You don’t wait until the week prior if you want to run a successful event.

May I counter, I didnt say there were no costs but lower costs. There are cost of paying people that are now not going to get paid, services not needed, not used, etc... To not hold the event will be less costly in that regard. Notice I also said the lawyers will be involved and contracts hashed out. Besides, I said keep my 2020 money... A discount for 2021 would benefit both parties at that point. Do you want them to get only 1x my money by offering refund or more than that, like 1.5x if I get 50% off 2021? If I get a refund or if they give me free entrance next year, they get my money once. I want them to have more and help 2021 actually happen.

#820 4 years ago
    Quoted from FYMF:

This woman impresses me whenever I see her arguing for our people.

Quick math from the video... $1331 X 300 Million People (minimum) would be $399.3 Billion dollars (if insurance doesnt cover it) but our actual uninsured number is around 40 Million so actually he was only really commiting to $53.24 Billion. Wonder if his boss was happy with that number?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Bublehead.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/will-coronavirus-stop-you-from-attending-tpf?tu=Bublehead and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.