Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 894 posts
  • 250 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Daditude
  • Topic is favorited by 25 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“TPF Corona Virus Recovery Thread!”

• Hell Yes, im concerned 207 votes
      46%
    • Hell no, the silverball rolls on 200 votes
      44%
    • I already have the virus, im spreading it around!! 43 votes
      10%

(450 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

youpeople (resized).PNG
    Screen Shot 2020-03-13 at 9.36.37 PM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2020-03-13 at 9.35.12 PM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2020-03-13 at 9.33.09 PM (resized).png
    4AF9F8E6-2DF7-4DD0-B0CA-707965B97C09 (resized).png
    38E6BED7-3E4A-4585-8323-24D4A93A35B1 (resized).png
    GNR (resized).jpg
    4A05C84D-EBF4-4D88-A997-584547719B5F (resized).jpeg
    ABC55A64-3752-4E12-A211-2F452CC48B70 (resized).jpeg
    CF778200-852B-4A7A-8F02-772C37B1D552 (resized).jpeg
    infectious (resized).jpg
    8EDB20EA-ABB1-4EF2-B036-FBC849A62FE5 (resized).jpeg
    Screen Shot 2020-03-12 at 4.15.25 PM (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    67C069B3-F789-4648-871E-05CEAC9F638A (resized).png
    8BALL (resized).jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 894 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 18.
    #401 4 years ago
    Quoted from Sinestro:

CoranaVirus....biggest much ado about nothing since Y2K.

Keep in mind the reason nothing came of Y2K was because most the Y2K bugs were fixed when Y2K hit.

If the bugs hadn't been fixed, would it have been the end of the world? No, the media definitely blew it out if proportion, but there still would have been a ton of issues and to say that there never was a problem is extremely ignorant.

So yeah, as usual the media is blowing COVID-19 out of proportion. This isn't going to be the end of the world, but there's still a problem and if we all just ignore it and say it's another media frenzy things are going to become far worse than they will be if we actually take steps to do what we can to slow down the spread of the virus. Nothing drastic, just simple things like going out less, cancelling large gatherings, etc. How much these things will help in the long run is yet to be seen, but if they can save even a few lives by keeping hospital loads down or preventing some older people from ever getting the virus at all, that's definitely worth some minor inconveniences now.

#402 4 years ago
    Quoted from mystman12:

Keep in mind the reason nothing came of Y2K was because most the Y2K bugs were fixed when Y2K hit.
    If the bugs hadn't been fixed, would it have been the end of the world? No, the media definitely blew it out if proportion, but there still would have been a ton of issues and to say that there never was a problem is extremely ignorant.
    So yeah, as usual the media is blowing COVID-19 out of proportion. This isn't going to be the end of the world, but there's still a problem and if we all just ignore it and say it's another media frenzy things are going to become far worse than they will be if we actually take steps to do what we can to slow down the spread of the virus. Nothing drastic, just simple things like going out less, cancelling large gatherings, etc. How much these things will help in the long run is yet to be seen, but if they can save even a few lives by keeping hospital loads down or preventing some older people from getting entirely, that's definitely worth some inconvenience.

It's a double edge sword. Do they call for a state of emergency which WILL result in a panic and unnecessary deaths, or try to install calm?

#403 4 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

It's a double edge sword. Do they call for a state of emergency which WILL result in a panic and unnecessary deaths, or try to install calm?

I think the toilet paper companies would agree there's already a panic. They need to call a state of emergency on that.

#404 4 years ago
    Quoted from mystman12:

How much these things will help in the long run is yet to be seen

Actually if you compare St. Louis and Philadelphia during the 1918 Spanish flu, this is actually not true, we know what both of those cities did, one isolated, the other did not. One had a SIGNIFICANT lower death toll than the other. Only difference was the timing of when social distancing was embraced. So we do know it will help, and it has already been “seen” in history.

#406 4 years ago
    Quoted from mystman12:

Everybody knows that the real Y2K happens in 2038

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Year_2038_problem

#407 4 years ago
    Quoted from sfbrian:

Everybody knows that the real Y2K happens in 2038
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Year_2038_problem

My fear is that, when this comes around, everyone will think "Eh, nothing happened when Y2K hit" and do nothing about it. Then the world might really end, haha.

#408 4 years ago

It would be good if TPF put out a statement... but to be honest things are changing so fast all they can say is its on until its not.

Reading this thread is depressing though.

Let me tell you Covid-19 is far worse than the flu. Covid-19 is a highly contagious respiratory affecting virus that has acute symptoms more akin to pneumonia:

Here is a quote from an Italian doctor:

1/ I may be repeating myself, but I want to fight this sense of security that I see outside of the epicenters, as if nothing was going to happen "here". The media in Europe are reassuring, politicians are reassuring, while there's little to be reassured of. #COVID19 #coronavirus
    2/ This is the English translation of a post of another ICU physician in Bergamo, Dr. Daniele Macchini. Read until the end "After much thought about whether and what to write about what is happening to us, I felt that silence was not responsible.
    3/ I will therefore try to convey to people far from our reality what we are living in Bergamo in these days of Covid-19 pandemic. I understand the need not to create panic, but when the message of the dangerousness of what is happening does not reach people I shudder.
    4/ I myself watched with some amazement the reorganization of the entire hospital in the past week, when our current enemy was still in the shadows: the wards slowly "emptied", elective activitieswere interrupted, intensive care were freed up to create as many beds as possible.
    5/ All this rapid transformation brought an atmosphere of silence and surreal emptiness to the corridors of the hospital that we did not yet understand, waiting for a war that was yet to begin and that many (including me) were not so sure would ever come with such ferocity.
    6/ I still remember my night call a week ago when I was waiting for the results of a swab. When I think about it, my anxiety over one possible case seems almost ridiculous and unjustified, now that I've seen what's happening. Well, the situation now is dramatic to say the least.
    7/ The war has literally exploded and battles are uninterrupted day and night. But now that need for beds has arrived in all its drama. One after the other the departments that had been emptied fill up at an impressive pace.
    8/ The boards with the names of the patients, of different colours depending on the operating unit, are now all red and instead of surgery you see the diagnosis, which is always the damned same: bilateral interstitial pneumonia.
    9/ Now, explain to me which flu virus causes such a rapid drama. [post continues comparing covid19 to flu, link below]. And while there are still people who boast of not being afraid by ignoring directions, protesting because their normal routine is"temporarily" put in crisis,
    10/ the epidemiological disaster is taking place. And there are no more surgeons, urologists, orthopedists, we are only doctors who suddenly become part of a single team to face this tsunami that has overwhelmed us.
    11/ Cases are multiplying, we arrive at a rate of 15-20 admissions per day all for the same reason. The results of the swabs now come one after the other: positive, positive, positive. Suddenly the E.R. is collapsing.
    12/ Reasons for the access always the same: fever and breathing difficulties, fever and cough, respiratory failure. Radiology reports always the same: bilateral interstitial pneumonia, bilateral interstitial pneumonia, bilateral interstitial pneumonia. All to be hospitalized.
    13/ Someone already to be intubated and go to intensive care. For others it's too late... Every ventilator becomes like gold: those in operating theatres that have now suspended their non-urgent activity become intensive care places that did not exist before.
    14/ The staff is exhausted. I saw the tiredness on faces that didn't know what it was despite the already exhausting workloads they had. I saw a solidarity of all of us, who never failed to go to our internist colleagues to ask "what can I do for you now?"
    15/ Doctors who move beds and transfer patients, who administer therapies instead of nurses. Nurses with tears in their eyes because we can't save everyone, and the vital parameters of several patients at the same time reveal an already marked destiny.
    16/ There are no more shifts, no more hours. Social life is suspended for us. We no longer see our families for fear of infecting them. Some of us have already become infected despite the protocols.
    17/ Some of our colleagues who are infected also have infected relatives and some of their relatives are already struggling between life and death. So be patient, you can't go to the theatre, museums or the gym. Try to have pity on the myriad of old people you could exterminate.
    18/ We just try to make ourselves useful. You should do the same: we influence the life and death of a few dozen people. You with yours, many more. Please share this message. We must spread the word to prevent what is happening here from happening all over Italy."
    20/ I finish by saying that I really don't understand this war on panic. The only reason I see is mask shortages, but there's no mask on sale anymore. We don't have a lot of studies, but is it panic really worse than neglect and carelessness during an epidemic of this sort?

Full article in Italian: https://www.ecodibergamo.it/stories/bergamo-citta/con-le-nostre-azioni-influenziamola-vita-e-la-morte-di-molte-persone_1344030_11/

#409 4 years ago

TPF - We need to cancel our hotel rooms. Don't screw people over and ruin this show forever.

If you're considering cancelling the show do IT NOW! People need to change plans its really selfish of you to see if you can sneak this thru but just a couple days prior cancel.

Pinball is a very hand to mouth danger. I can honestly see NO ONE playing the games.

You might as well cancel this thing or post something like...

HEY WE HAVE WIPES FOR EVERY MACHINE, WE THIS WE THAT...

You should say something and get it over with.

As I said before I won't be playing any of the games, nor will I be shaking hands with anyone, I'd just like to see whats new and talk to some vendors.

I'm still up for going just for those reasons but you need to say something NOW... people have flights, hotels, travel plans, maybe they took some vacation time. C'mon!

Not saying something is totally irresponsible and unprofessional.

#410 4 years ago
    Quoted from NeilMcRae:

It would be good if TPF put out a statement... but to be honest things are changing so fast all they can say is its on until its not.
    Reading this thread is depressing though.
    Let me tell you Covid-19 is far worse than the flu. Covid-19 is a highly contagious respiratory affecting virus that has acute symptoms more akin to pneumonia:
    Here is a quote from an Italian doctor:
    1/ I may be repeating myself, but I want to fight this sense of security that I see outside of the epicenters, as if nothing was going to happen "here". The media in Europe are reassuring, politicians are reassuring, while there's little to be reassured of. #COVID19 #coronavirus
    2/ This is the English translation of a post of another ICU physician in Bergamo, Dr. Daniele Macchini. Read until the end "After much thought about whether and what to write about what is happening to us, I felt that silence was not responsible.
    3/ I will therefore try to convey to people far from our reality what we are living in Bergamo in these days of Covid-19 pandemic. I understand the need not to create panic, but when the message of the dangerousness of what is happening does not reach people I shudder.
    4/ I myself watched with some amazement the reorganization of the entire hospital in the past week, when our current enemy was still in the shadows: the wards slowly "emptied", elective activitieswere interrupted, intensive care were freed up to create as many beds as possible.
    5/ All this rapid transformation brought an atmosphere of silence and surreal emptiness to the corridors of the hospital that we did not yet understand, waiting for a war that was yet to begin and that many (including me) were not so sure would ever come with such ferocity.
    6/ I still remember my night call a week ago when I was waiting for the results of a swab. When I think about it, my anxiety over one possible case seems almost ridiculous and unjustified, now that I've seen what's happening. Well, the situation now is dramatic to say the least.
    7/ The war has literally exploded and battles are uninterrupted day and night. But now that need for beds has arrived in all its drama. One after the other the departments that had been emptied fill up at an impressive pace.
    8/ The boards with the names of the patients, of different colours depending on the operating unit, are now all red and instead of surgery you see the diagnosis, which is always the damned same: bilateral interstitial pneumonia.
    9/ Now, explain to me which flu virus causes such a rapid drama. [post continues comparing covid19 to flu, link below]. And while there are still people who boast of not being afraid by ignoring directions, protesting because their normal routine is"temporarily" put in crisis,
    10/ the epidemiological disaster is taking place. And there are no more surgeons, urologists, orthopedists, we are only doctors who suddenly become part of a single team to face this tsunami that has overwhelmed us.
    11/ Cases are multiplying, we arrive at a rate of 15-20 admissions per day all for the same reason. The results of the swabs now come one after the other: positive, positive, positive. Suddenly the E.R. is collapsing.
    12/ Reasons for the access always the same: fever and breathing difficulties, fever and cough, respiratory failure. Radiology reports always the same: bilateral interstitial pneumonia, bilateral interstitial pneumonia, bilateral interstitial pneumonia. All to be hospitalized.
    13/ Someone already to be intubated and go to intensive care. For others it's too late... Every ventilator becomes like gold: those in operating theatres that have now suspended their non-urgent activity become intensive care places that did not exist before.
    14/ The staff is exhausted. I saw the tiredness on faces that didn't know what it was despite the already exhausting workloads they had. I saw a solidarity of all of us, who never failed to go to our internist colleagues to ask "what can I do for you now?"
    15/ Doctors who move beds and transfer patients, who administer therapies instead of nurses. Nurses with tears in their eyes because we can't save everyone, and the vital parameters of several patients at the same time reveal an already marked destiny.
    16/ There are no more shifts, no more hours. Social life is suspended for us. We no longer see our families for fear of infecting them. Some of us have already become infected despite the protocols.
    17/ Some of our colleagues who are infected also have infected relatives and some of their relatives are already struggling between life and death. So be patient, you can't go to the theatre, museums or the gym. Try to have pity on the myriad of old people you could exterminate.
    18/ We just try to make ourselves useful. You should do the same: we influence the life and death of a few dozen people. You with yours, many more. Please share this message. We must spread the word to prevent what is happening here from happening all over Italy."
    20/ I finish by saying that I really don't understand this war on panic. The only reason I see is mask shortages, but there's no mask on sale anymore. We don't have a lot of studies, but is it panic really worse than neglect and carelessness during an epidemic of this sort?
    Full article in Italian: https://www.ecodibergamo.it/stories/bergamo-citta/con-le-nostre-azioni-influenziamola-vita-e-la-morte-di-molte-persone_1344030_11/

Great post!!!! If anyone skipped this go back and read it now.

#411 4 years ago

I was holding off buying my ticket to see how things went this month. Looks like I will have to abort since my wife has multiple underlying conditions and I can't risk it. I'm staying away from my parents until this calms down .. although they are gallivanting around town like nothing is going on.

On a side note, this virus has forced me to work from home. Which means a lot more time for pinball breaks - hurrah!

#412 4 years ago

TPF did put out a statement... I read it... but pretty sure it was an event email. If it was posted to FB or somewhere else; it has been removed. It said; the show was still going on.. And they had no plans on cancelling but was working with the City of Frisco and Hotel daily.

My Day job basically started plans to force work from home.
    I know I heard Frisco had a small cell of infection on last night's news.
    I think Austin may have a suspected case - but not 100% sure.

I'm leaning toward cancelling for many reasons I've already stated.
    1) I'm not willing to risk my personal machines getting damaged by a paniced public.
    2) I'm not willing to expose my Wife to Covid-19 given her health concerns.

I'm also worried that many people like me will choose not to bring a machine... which means there is no show.

#413 4 years ago

The subject was something like "Keep Calm TPF is carrying on"

TPFemail (resized).pngTPFemail (resized).png
    #414 4 years ago
    Quoted from GTO:

NCAA has announced the NCAA tournament will be played without fans. Not a good sign for other events, as we will see more of them start to follow suit.

Makes total sense, the PR hit they would take if a venue results in hundreds or thousand being infected would be huge, but since they are not cancelling the games and the bulk of their revenue comes from the TV rights, there is little downside in playing in empty venues vs the downside of being an epicenter for the spread of the virus. The venues, hotels, restaurants, and all of the folks who work those events are the ones that are going to take the financial hit, not he NCAA. Certainly going to be odd watching games with no crowd noise.

#416 4 years ago

I just read this account of what COVID-19 is like.

As a frequent pneumonia enthusiast, this scares the hell out of me.

https://medium.com/@cdmj/a-colorado-covid-19-story-61466a56811

#417 4 years ago

You have some really aholes who give people downvotes for sharing their concerns, asking questions, etc. You guys are LOSERS! The truth is this is a serious problem and it has been impacting mostly older people. A lot of people in pinball are over the age of 50 just fyi! So for people to express concerns then to be downvoted or ridiculed is nothing short of outrageous. Is the media overreacting, maybe but that doesn't mean you downplay a question or concern. Total losers!

#418 4 years ago

Comic Con here in Seattle said the show was still on till it wasn't. You guys are where we were two weeks ago with this outbreak. Today they just put a ban on all public events over 250.

#419 4 years ago
    Quoted from rosh:

Certainly going to be odd watching games with no crowd noise.

They are having them without “fans”, not student/faculty/family, so there will be some people in the seats, just no fans.

#420 4 years ago

I am scheduled to bring a pin to the show. However, my girlfriend has some respiratory issues and has informed me that if I go, then I will be banned from her house for 14 days after I return. She will be 69. I will be 68 soon. She does not want me to go.

I stay with family in FT. Worth. My niece has many medical problems, one of them being she has weak lungs and is on oxygen 24/7. My sister-in-law is 81.

I have not made the final decision, yet.

#421 4 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

Are you serious or just trolling us?!?

#422 4 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

I am scheduled to bring a pin to the show. However, my girlfriend has some respiratory issues and has informed me that if I go, then I will be banned from her house for 14 days after I return. She will be 69. I will be 68 soon. She does not want me to go.
    I stay with family in FT. Worth. My niece has many medical problems, one of them being she has weak lungs and is on oxygen 24/7. My sister-in-lay is 81.

I am not a fear monger, but this should not be even a point of discussion. Priorities, man.

#423 4 years ago
    Quoted from konjurer:

Has the TPF organizers put out any information? I've been to the web site and I can't find any reference. I've received no emails. I've received emails from a whole bunch of corporations and events that are communicating how they are making their event or services safer. The airlines and car rental places have let me know about the extra steps they're taking. The event centers emailed about extra precautions and disinfecting activities they're doing.
    It would make me feel a whole lot better if I knew there were plans for how TPF intends to make the event as safe as possible and communicate those plans to the ticket holders. This is WAY worse that a basketball game. We're coming into contact with people from all over the globe and touching surfaces that are sure to be infected if someone infected has touched the surface.
    If they've put out something that I have ran across then I apologize for bring it up. However, if they've done nothing to prepare then it's complete irresponsible not to have communicated something by now.

I have a very hard time believing the event will take place at all. I just had a big event this weekend get cancelled this week. The convention center cancelled it. Probably fear of possible resulting lawsuits.

#424 4 years ago

Tom Hanks and his wife have the virus. NBA just suspended all games as now a player as the virus. Trump just stopped all travel to Europe. NCAA tournament will play with no fans. I'm sure the NHL will be doing the same I'm betting. Putting your hands all over a bunch of pinball machines, its 10 times worse than go to an NBA game c'mon lets get real.

I think this says it all TPF should be suspended or cancelled.

#425 4 years ago

NBA done, TPF must go on!?

#426 4 years ago

Honestly, time to call it. The country is basically closed until further notice. Nothing is happening in March. No one is interested in catching this. Save face now for next year. No one should fault them form cancelling it. I know it’s the best show, but honestly - it’s a pinball show! Let me repeat that - a pinball show! You have to laugh a little bit. I’m sure the majority of us have a pinball machine or a location to play at. New games will still be distributed. They will still be streamed. The excitement is there. I get it, what about the social interaction, but not with this going on. An individual who works at Biogen and lives in The town next to mine was told to self quarantine and (according to the locals) decided not to. Think Medieval Madness and pitchforks - this person caused the school system to shut down and a few other things! One person! Wait a year and this will be over - makes sense to me.

#427 4 years ago
    Quoted from Bublehead:

Are you serious or just trolling us?!?

I made an honest statement, get thumbed down and “accused” of being a troll. And the title of the thread is “will the virus stop you from attending TPF?”

#428 4 years ago

in italy the matter is falling, from today all pubs, all restaurants, all shops are closed, except for pharmacies and food

#430 4 years ago
    Quoted from adborto:

Honestly, time to call it. The country is basically closed until further notice. Nothing is happening in March. No one is interested in catching this. Save face now for next year. No one should fault them form cancelling it. I know it’s the best show, but honestly - it’s a pinball show! Let me repeat that - a pinball show! You have to laugh a little bit. I’m sure the majority of us have a pinball machine or a location to play at. New games will still be distributed. They will still be streamed. The excitement is there. I get it, what about the social interaction, but not with this going on. An individual who works at Biogen and lives in The town next to mine was told to self quarantine and (according to the locals) decided not to. Think Medieval Madness and pitchforks - this person caused the school system to shut down and a few other things! One person! Wait a year and this will be over - makes sense to me.

This might be too soon but can we finally validate the phrase "March Madness."

#431 4 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

I made an honest statement, get thumbed down and “accused” of being a troll. And the title of the thread is “will the virus stop you from attending TPF?”

I'm assuming that's because some found it hard to believe you would EVEN consider going to TPF after listing the details of your situation.

Thus the assumed you were kidding or trolling.

#432 4 years ago
    Quoted from drfrightner:

Tom Hanks and his wife have the virus. NBA just suspended all games as now a player as the virus. Trump just stopped all travel to Europe. NCAA tournament will play with no fans. I'm sure the NHL will be doing the same I'm betting. Putting your hands all over a bunch of pinball machines, its 10 times worse than go to an NBA game c'mon lets get real.
    I think this says it all TPF should be suspended or cancelled.

Why wait? Cancel your trip and hotel and move on. Worst case your out a few hundred. Whats the point of continuing to carry on about it?

#433 4 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

Honest questions:

You would rather go to a pinball convention than see your girlfriend who has a condition for 2 weeks?

You have a niece who has lung issues. You would risk possible exposure to her to go to a convention?

To each their own, I guess.

#435 4 years ago

I’m not going to TPF, the guy I was sharing a room with has canceled. I was really looking forward to going, wonder if there will still be a TPF??

#436 4 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

My sister-in-lay

You sure you're not from Kentucky?

#437 4 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

Honest questions:
    You would rather go to a pinball convention than see your girlfriend who has a condition for 2 weeks?
    You have a niece who has lung issues. You would risk possible exposure to her to go to a convention?
    To each their own, I guess.

My GF and I live in separate communities and usually see each other on weekends and sometimes we miss a weekend. So not much different.

I can get a cheap motel 4-5 blocks away and not go see my niece.

But when the GF said she did not want me to go it got my attention.

And of course there is the email I got from TPF that says they are pressing on.

#438 4 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

You sure you're not from Kentucky?

Thanks. Corrected.

#439 4 years ago

“Shut down all the garbage mashers on the detention level!!!”

#440 4 years ago

With travel from Europe to the US now apparently being prohibited for the near future (possibly 30 days or more depending on if they keep it in place longer or end it earlier) unless Martin (pinballnews.com) and Jonathan (pinballmagazine.com) are already in the country, they will might not be allowed to travel to the US for TPF.

48 hours ago I'd have said 95% chance we are going to TPF. Today that number is quite a bit lower. Both my parents are around 70, and my mom has RA which is an Auto Immune disease that was hospitalized in the past year with viral pneumonia which from my understanding is similar to this virus. So for me it's a decision to decide to self quarantine myself from my family in order to go to a pinball show that we also love. My daughter had an auto-immune issue when she was younger that she appears to have grown out of but I'd still be concerned and might need to remove myself from our house too just to be safe if I go to TPF.

I'm not that worried about the virus and my personal health as I'm younger (although overweight), but I am worried about bringing it back to people I love, even if the risk is low.

We haven't decided one way or the other yet, but it's requiring a whole lot more thought now than we originally expected.

Paul

#441 4 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

My GF and I live in separate communities and usually see each other on weekends and sometimes we miss a weekend. So not much different.
    I can get a cheap motel 4-5 blocks away and not go see my niece.
    But when the GF said she did not want me to go it got my attention.
    And of course there is the email I got from TPF that says they are pressing on.

I appreciate your candor and will respond with equal candor and respectfulness. I understand what you are saying about seeing your girlfriend on weekends and missing a weekend. Not trying to get into your business, but consider the optics to your girlfriend. She could be interpreting this that you are putting pinball over her health and your relationship. I will not belabor the point but this seems to be a no brainer in not attending.

I wish you well in whatever you decide to do.

#442 4 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

She could be interpreting this that you are putting pinball over her health and your relationship.

Good point. I had not looked at it that way. Thank you.

#443 4 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

Good point. I had not looked at it that way. Thank you.

It’s all good, my friend. Well wishes.

#444 4 years ago

It seems likely to me that pretty much everything is toast until at least the Fall, with the NFL starting in October.

Maybe that sentiment will seem silly in a month, I certainly hope so. But now?

Yikes.

#445 4 years ago

Unfortunately, I have to cancel and will be needed here during the management of the outbreak. MAJOR bummer.

Miss y’all and please practice good hygiene and minimize contact until this blows over.

#446 4 years ago

don't see this happening

#447 4 years ago

We are planning on bringing 2 pins, have a triple space vendor booth, 2 hotel rooms reserved, and are currently actively making stock for our booth. That said, I expect that they will have to cancel the convention by the end of next week at the latest, and would not be surprised if it happens by this Friday.

#448 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It seems likely to me that pretty much everything is toast until at least the Fall, with the NFL starting in October.
    Maybe that sentiment will seem silly in a month, I certainly hope so. But now?
    Yikes.

There seems to still be a lot of unknown about if this virus will go into summer or not...I was initially thinking mid april in parts of the country...but really no idea.

How's Austrailia/NZ doing?

#449 4 years ago

Only the covid could stop Kaneda from winning the 3rd TWIPY

#450 4 years ago

We've canceled our flights and hotel at the TPF. I forgot to pre-order the tickets and was upset I missed the discount but now I don't have to loose out on those. Have not heard if the show tickets are refundable.

Both me and the wife have exhising medical issues and in out 50s. Decided it was not worth the risk. Would have been our fifth year in a row.

There are 894 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 18.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/will-coronavirus-stop-you-from-attending-tpf/page/9?hl=nc_pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.