Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 894 posts
  • 250 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Daditude
  • Topic is favorited by 25 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“TPF Corona Virus Recovery Thread!”

• Hell Yes, im concerned 207 votes
      46%
    • Hell no, the silverball rolls on 200 votes
      44%
    • I already have the virus, im spreading it around!! 43 votes
      10%

(450 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

youpeople (resized).PNG
    Screen Shot 2020-03-13 at 9.36.37 PM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2020-03-13 at 9.35.12 PM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2020-03-13 at 9.33.09 PM (resized).png
    4AF9F8E6-2DF7-4DD0-B0CA-707965B97C09 (resized).png
    38E6BED7-3E4A-4585-8323-24D4A93A35B1 (resized).png
    GNR (resized).jpg
    4A05C84D-EBF4-4D88-A997-584547719B5F (resized).jpeg
    ABC55A64-3752-4E12-A211-2F452CC48B70 (resized).jpeg
    CF778200-852B-4A7A-8F02-772C37B1D552 (resized).jpeg
    infectious (resized).jpg
    8EDB20EA-ABB1-4EF2-B036-FBC849A62FE5 (resized).jpeg
    Screen Shot 2020-03-12 at 4.15.25 PM (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    67C069B3-F789-4648-871E-05CEAC9F638A (resized).png
    8BALL (resized).jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 894 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 18.
    #351 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

We’re in a pandemic. No time for pride. E3 was just cancelled. A pinball festival is an event where groups of people are all constantly touching the same thing.
    Put a fork in it.
    Announce cancellation or postpone.

IMG_4423 (resized).JPGIMG_4423 (resized).JPG
    #352 4 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

Nah, that is ISO 2003, the best standards ever.

Ah, that makes sense!

#354 4 years ago

OMG that is so perfect!

#358 4 years ago

March Madness NCAA tourney will be held without fans now...

#359 4 years ago

I’m loving the homemade hazmat suit.

#361 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

OK shit just got real! This is a few blocks from my apartment! Fine, fine...I'll get in line for toilet paper...
    https://nypost.com/2020/03/11/nycs-john-jay-college-closes-after-student-tests-positive-for-coronavirus/

Dang man

#362 4 years ago

They axed the St. Patty's parade too. Not gonna lie won't miss all the green vomit.

#363 4 years ago

CoranaVirus....biggest much ado about nothing since Y2K.

#364 4 years ago
    Quoted from Sinestro:

Catch it and give us daily reports.

#365 4 years ago
    Quoted from Sinestro:

This won't age well...

#366 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinlink:

March Madness NCAA tourney will be held without fans now...

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/28885422/ncaa-says-tournament-go-fans

Crazy. The whole tournament will be played without fans.

#367 4 years ago

I think this answers any question on cancellation, it will be the Mayors of “Amity Island’s” that kill the most people... yeah I just threw in a Jaws reference to make this somewhat pinball related...

#368 4 years ago
    Quoted from Joniano:

This won't age well...

Like fine wine....it will indeed.

#369 4 years ago
    Quoted from Joniano:

This won't age well...

neither will his older relatives.

#370 4 years ago
    Quoted from Sinestro:

Almost 5,000 confirmed deaths so far. I’m sure their families would agree with you.

#371 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rum-Z:

Catch it and give us daily reports.

You underestimate the German immune system.

#372 4 years ago
    Quoted from Sinestro:

Like fine wine....it will indeed.

I'm in Indy too. It's about to get rough. Give it about 3 weeks or so. Hunker down and set some tops scores on your GoTG.

#373 4 years ago
    Quoted from Spelunk71:

Almost 5,000 confirmed deaths so far. I’m sure their families would agree with you.

Way more have died from the Flu this year.

Nice try...keep fear mongering.

#374 4 years ago

Would you take them up on their offer??? $4500 cash to get the virus

5F8C9F03-813E-433F-8574-5EC0BFF0AB17 (resized).jpeg5F8C9F03-813E-433F-8574-5EC0BFF0AB17 (resized).jpeg
    #375 4 years ago

Has the TPF organizers put out any information? I've been to the web site and I can't find any reference. I've received no emails. I've received emails from a whole bunch of corporations and events that are communicating how they are making their event or services safer. The airlines and car rental places have let me know about the extra steps they're taking. The event centers emailed about extra precautions and disinfecting activities they're doing.

It would make me feel a whole lot better if I knew there were plans for how TPF intends to make the event as safe as possible and communicate those plans to the ticket holders. This is WAY worse that a basketball game. We're coming into contact with people from all over the globe and touching surfaces that are sure to be infected if someone infected has touched the surface.

If they've put out something that I have ran across then I apologize for bring it up. However, if they've done nothing to prepare then it's complete irresponsible not to have communicated something by now.

#376 4 years ago
    Quoted from Joniano:

I'm in Indy too. It's about to get rough. Give it about 3 weeks or so. Hunker down and set some tops scores on your GoTG.

Yikes! I need to change that! No more GOTG.

#377 4 years ago
    Quoted from Sinestro:

Yes but it’s jackass thinking to disregard history dude, so chill the F out. Maybe you want to kill a bunch of old people but that includes my mother so I will keep right on mongering, thank you very much.

#378 4 years ago
    Quoted from Joniano:

This won't age well...

That's sort of his schtick

#379 4 years ago
    Quoted from Bublehead:

Yes but it’s jackass thinking to disregard history dude, so chill the F out. Maybe you want to kill a bunch of old people but that includes my mother so I will keep right on mongering, thank you very much.

Don't even bother. It's not worth it anymore. If there's still people out there with this mindset, nothing anyone says short of them on their deathbed is going to change their mind. They need someone to blame it on.

#380 4 years ago
    Quoted from Bublehead:

Who said I wanted to kill a bunch of old people? Calm the fuck down, jackass.

#381 4 years ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

Don't even bother. It's not worth it anymore. If there's still people out there with this mindset, nothing anyone says short of them on their deathbed is going to change their mind. They need someone to blame it on.

And then there's sheep like you that panic every other year when a new "doomsday" bug is going around.

#382 4 years ago

SIAP, but the NCAA has announced the NCAA tournament will be played without fans. Not a good sign for other events, as we will see more of them start to follow suit.

#383 4 years ago
    Quoted from Sinestro:

Yikes! I need to change that! No more GOTG.

Bummer. That game's awesome. Well, if/when this goes down and you get bored in your home, PM me with some high scores on your newest shiny object.

But for real, not sure how young/old you are, but if you're >60 or have health probs you have a couple weeks to get your stuff together and then should stay in as much as possible. Tell your family the same. Worst case scenario you get some chill time in. Best case scenario you avoid the chance of death/other long-term issues. It's just not worth it.

#384 4 years ago
    Quoted from Sinestro:And then there's sheep like you that panic every other year when a new "doomsday" bug is going around.

Except I haven't panicked at all. I'm just smart enough to realize if other countries are panicking to the point of locking down their country, there might be something to be concerned about beyond 'the media'.

#385 4 years ago
    Quoted from Sinestro:

I get it. I'm infuriated by the news coverage. The coverage on ABC News last night was completely over the top and not in line with reality. However, it is something to be concerned about and if you're not at least a little worried you've got your head stuck in the sand. The problem is that we just don't know how bad this thing is. We think that it's more contagious than the flu. We now know that it remains alive on surfaces longer than the flu. We know older, at-risk folks have a good shot at death. Do you want your mom to get this bug? The young and healthy will easily survive but they're going to kill a lot of at-risk people if they treat this like no big deal.

#386 4 years ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

Except I haven't panicked at all. I'm just smart enough to realize if other countries are panicking to the point of locking down their country, there might be something to be concerned about beyond 'the media'.

The reality doesn't meet the hype. That's all I'm saying.

Pointing out overreaction is not wanting death, or indifference to death.

#387 4 years ago
    Quoted from konjurer:

I get it. I'm infuriated by the news coverage. The coverage on ABC News last night was completely over the top and not in line with reality. However, it is something to be concerned about and if you're not at least a little worried you've got your head stuck in the sand. The problem is that we just don't know how bad this thing is. We think that it's more contagious than the flu. We now know that it remains alive on surfaces longer than the flu. We know older, at-risk folks have a good shot at death. Do you want your mom to get this bug? The young and healthy will easily survive but they're going to kill a lot of at-risk people if they treat this like no big deal.

#388 4 years ago
    Quoted from Sinestro:

I'm not sure what reality you are living in, but it isn't this one. Just because you choose to believe it's all hype, doesn't make it hype.

#389 4 years ago
    Quoted from Joniano:

Bummer. That game's awesome. Well, if/when this goes down and you get bored in your home, PM me with some high scores on your newest shiny object.
    But for real, not sure how young/old you are, but if you're >60 or have health probs you have a couple weeks to get your stuff together and then should stay in as much as possible. Tell your family the same. Worst case scenario you get some chill time in. Best case scenario you avoid the chance of death/other long-term issues. It's just not worth it.

I don't think anything yet remotely dictates a hermit life.

#390 4 years ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

I'm not sure what reality you are living in, but it isn't this one.

I'm not sure why you're having such difficulty understanding plain concepts, like fear and overreaction.

I suppose I could type slower if you think it will help.

#391 4 years ago
    Quoted from Sinestro:

We can agree on that. I do think that the panic can frequently be worse that the cause of the panic.

#392 4 years ago
    Quoted from Sinestro:

I'm not sure why you're having such difficulty understanding plain concepts, like fear and overreaction.

Like I said, not worth the effort. Good luck.

#393 4 years ago
    Quoted from Sinestro:

Do we have to do this today? Let’s act like a big boy and be civil. Everyone has your message down. Move on.

#394 4 years ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

Like I said, not worth the effort. Good luck.

W e l l...............B Y E!

#395 4 years ago
    Quoted from Wickerman2:

Do we have to do this today? Let’s act like a big boy and be civil. Everyone has your message down. Move on.

And yet you somehow had to chime in....needlessly lengthening the conversation.

#396 4 years ago
    Quoted from konjurer:

Has the TPF organizers put out any information? I've been to the web site and I can't find any reference. I've received no emails. I've received emails from a whole bunch of corporations and events that are communicating how they are making their event or services safer. The airlines and car rental places have let me know about the extra steps they're taking. The event centers emailed about extra precautions and disinfecting activities they're doing.
    It would make me feel a whole lot better if I knew there were plans for how TPF intends to make the event as safe as possible and communicate those plans to the ticket holders. This is WAY worse that a basketball game. We're coming into contact with people from all over the globe and touching surfaces that are sure to be infected if someone infected has touched the surface.
    If they've put out something that I have ran across then I apologize for bring it up. However, if they've done nothing to prepare then it's complete irresponsible not to have communicated something by now.

They have spoken here at length, but it's buried in the last 5 pages or so somewhere. Mostly about they are in touch with the local officials and still plan to hold it unless told to shut it down. I'm sure they'll speak up if there's something else to add.

#397 4 years ago

Quit feeding the troll

#398 4 years ago
    Quoted from Sinestro:

What makes you think it's fear and overreaction? What if it's not? Why not be cautious? The mortality rates do look to be higher and there is no treatment/vaccine. Numbers are low because of lack of testing. It's possible people who recently died from the flu, may have had this virus, but we don't know because no testing was done. Personally, it worries me, but I'm not stocking up on supplies. Play it safe, let it die down and then resume.

#399 4 years ago

Dude's dug in. So be it.

Everyone else, for real, tell all the at risk people you know >60 or with health problems to just kick back and relax at home. Those that can work from home should. Don't really go out and about unless you need to. If you have to work outside of the home, no sweat, just don't go in if you're sick or at least try to get tested first. No need to panic really if we just do the right thing. We all are brought here together with an awesome hobby that can generally be done from home. Don't have a pin? Virtual pin stuff is pretty solid. Get at it. Sucks about TPF timing though.

There are 894 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 18.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/will-coronavirus-stop-you-from-attending-tpf/page/8?hl=nc_pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.