Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 894 posts
  • 250 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Daditude
  • Topic is favorited by 25 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“TPF Corona Virus Recovery Thread!”

• Hell Yes, im concerned 207 votes
      46%
    • Hell no, the silverball rolls on 200 votes
      44%
    • I already have the virus, im spreading it around!! 43 votes
      10%

(450 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

youpeople (resized).PNG
    Screen Shot 2020-03-13 at 9.36.37 PM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2020-03-13 at 9.35.12 PM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2020-03-13 at 9.33.09 PM (resized).png
    4AF9F8E6-2DF7-4DD0-B0CA-707965B97C09 (resized).png
    38E6BED7-3E4A-4585-8323-24D4A93A35B1 (resized).png
    GNR (resized).jpg
    4A05C84D-EBF4-4D88-A997-584547719B5F (resized).jpeg
    ABC55A64-3752-4E12-A211-2F452CC48B70 (resized).jpeg
    CF778200-852B-4A7A-8F02-772C37B1D552 (resized).jpeg
    infectious (resized).jpg
    8EDB20EA-ABB1-4EF2-B036-FBC849A62FE5 (resized).jpeg
    Screen Shot 2020-03-12 at 4.15.25 PM (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    67C069B3-F789-4648-871E-05CEAC9F638A (resized).png
    8BALL (resized).jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 894 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 18.
    #301 4 years ago

One of the 5 or 6 biggest comic cons in the country cancelled their show next week. This is run by a monstrous international Corp. Most of the colleges in Boston are going on-line only and are shutting their dorms on the 15th. Boston has cancelled the St Patrick’s day parade. NYC really should, but their bozo of a mayor is being wishy-washyFor all of you saying this is no worse than the flu, look at what NYC did in 1918 and how they had a lower death rate than much smaller cities by limiting opportunities to spread the flu. Then look at how Philadelphia screwed up. There are going to be a lot of major disruptions in our lives, involving events and traditions we love but that’s better than a higher death toll.

#302 4 years ago
    Quoted from FYMF:

"I personally just dont want to risk the very small chance of being stuck in quarantine with all of you.

Wouldn't a pinball festival be quarantine nirvana?

#303 4 years ago

I really hate that this is happening right now. Going to TPF is the one single annual event which brings me back to Dallas to reconnect with all of my local pals as well as good friends and acquaintances from around the world at my #1 favorite pinball show.

My mother lives in Frisco and is in her late 70’s. I plan to stay with her after the festival. Yes, I know how to properly keep myself clean, but we simply don’t know enough about this virus except that it disproportionately affects older people.

Will everyone get it? Will a vaccine be developed soon? I don’t know. No one knows. The uncertainty is the worst part of it.

Frankly, it is obvious things are going to get worse, perhaps a whole lot worse, before it gets better. The only defense we have aside from keeping our hands clean and not touching our faces is to “minimize contact”.

Why couldn’t this have happened in the middle of summer instead??? Everyone would’ve been A-OK with staying indoors and hugging the AC unit.

Ugh. Hate this so much. My brother is planning to fly to DFW, got an Embassy hotel room reserved, a game to bring, things to haul back... arrrghhhhhhhhh

And yet, possibly endangering my mother versus taking my own chances... that’s a whole different level of responsibility to consider. :/ :/ :/ :/ :/

#304 4 years ago

Similar deal here. My dad is supposed to fly to Utah from Canada to visit for 3 weeks March 24th. We only see him every 2 years or so, and this year I planned it so I could bring him to his first and my favorite pinball show. So I've already bought an extra plane ticket to TPF and a pass for him. He's 79. Being Canadian he gets his share of colds, flu, etc but is also pretty sturdy. Sturdy but not stupid. So we're talking about it and waiting and seeing.

Frankly if half the crowd doesn't show up it wouldn't be the worst thing. TPF has become "pretty" crowded the last couple of years where the crowd you expect on Saturday is already there Friday evening. But this year is/was shaping up to be the best TPF in a long time. Reveal city this year. Gah....

#305 4 years ago
    Quoted from Leeb18509:

Frankly if half the crowd doesn't show up it wouldn't be the worst thing.

The organizers might not agree with you.

There are significant bills to pay.

#306 4 years ago
    meanwhile sanitizer (resized).jpgmeanwhile sanitizer (resized).jpg
    #307 4 years ago

Survival is important. But pinball is importanter.

#309 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Chances are that the organizers will cancel once (or if) the local government mandates it. Most show insurance policies will cover it in that scenario.

#310 4 years ago

Someone in one of these threads pointed out that insurance companies don't cover 'epidemics'. Don't know if true and/or extends to these sort of things, and really...I'm not sure our government has even classified it as an epidemic or still consider it a media hoax.

#311 4 years ago

The most shocking thing about this story to me is that apparently the Astrodome is still standing?!

#312 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The most shocking thing about this story to me is that apparently the Astrodome is still standing?!

It's early yet.

#313 4 years ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

Someone in one of these threads pointed out that insurance companies don't cover 'epidemics'. Don't know if true and/or extends to these sort of things, and really...I'm not sure our government has even classified it as an epidemic or still consider it a media hoax.

Has all the earmarks of a good old fashioned hoax!

#314 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Has all the earmarks of a good old fashioned hoax!

Yeah, the tricky part was getting the 4000 people who have died from it to go along and pretend to be dead.

#315 4 years ago
    Quoted from mbeardsley:

Yeah, the tricky part was getting the 4000 people who have died from it to go along and pretend to be dead.

Not sure if you noticed but other diseases and cars kill way more people!!!!

Therefore it's a hoax. Or we shouldn't care about it. Or something.

#316 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I drove by a car accident and my car was spontaneously totaled. Weirdest thing, like the crash was contagious or something.

#317 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Therefore it's a hoax. Or we shouldn't care about it. Or something.

Cars are the real hoax...I don't think they actually exist.

What would be the point of a car, if it can't carry a pinball machine?

#318 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

we shouldn't care about it. Or something.

Well, obviously you seem to care more about CrazyLevi than anything else, so that shouldn’t be too hard for ya.

#319 4 years ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

Someone in one of these threads pointed out that insurance companies don't cover 'epidemics'.

Unfortunately I highly doubt they are covered for something like this.

The big music festivals with multimillion dollar budgets don't have it, which is why huge canceled music festivals like Ultra and SXSW aren't offering refunds, only tickets for 2021 or 2022. That's the same policy MGC said they'd be using which makes sense.

#320 4 years ago
    Quoted from Leeb18509:

Frankly if half the crowd doesn't show up it wouldn't be the worst thing. TPF has become "pretty" crowded the last couple of years where the crowd you expect on Saturday is already there Friday evening.

True, unless the Half not showing up are the ones bringing Games to play.

#322 4 years ago

If I feared anything about going to TPF this year, this is the one that I fear the most... a total no-show by game bringers, leaving just huge lines at the manufacturers booths.

#323 4 years ago

One local Dentist here is refusing to post the CDC sign on the front door telling people with respiratory symptoms to turn around and go home. He is also making the employees reuse masks now since he can't get more, and he is 100% convinced this whole thing is a hoax because the talking heads he subscribes to says so. Also, doesn't provide insurance for his employees, so its no skin off him if they get sick from a sick patient. This is what is out there, folks.

#324 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Unfortunately I highly doubt they are covered for something like this.
    The big music festivals with multimillion dollar budgets don't have it, which is why huge canceled music festivals like Ultra and SXSW aren't offering refunds, only tickets for 2021 or 2022. That's the same policy MGC said they'd be using which makes sense.

Might want to double check your facts. I don't envy Dan. Not only does he have to deal with the Corona Virus problem, he has to battle all the misinformation people put out there too which only makes things that much worse.
    refund (resized).JPGrefund (resized).JPG

#325 4 years ago
    Quoted from LesManley:

Might want to double check your facts. I don't envy Dan. Not only does he have to deal with the Corona Virus problem, he has to battle all the misinformation people put out there too which only makes things that much worse.
    [quoted image]

Sorry dan!

#326 4 years ago

Good podcast. Thanks for sharing.

#327 4 years ago

I'll listen to this, but when I saw the address my first thought was it's going to be an entire podcast of 'Buy Apple stock'.

#328 4 years ago

I'll be there. Bringing games. Will just be a little more cautious than normal.

#329 4 years ago

Well this just dropped:

• The World Health Organization has formally declared the COVID-19 outbreak a "pandemic."

#330 4 years ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

Well this just dropped:

File that under “no shit Sherlock”...thanks WHO!

#331 4 years ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

Well this just dropped:
    • The World Health Organization has formally declared the COVID-19 outbreak a "pandemic."

Then Im definitely going!

One last trip before the world ends....

#333 4 years ago
    Screenshot_20200311-124856~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200311-124856~2 (resized).png
    #334 4 years ago

I don't see Ed and the gang cancelling the event voluntarily as they have too much invested already and are set for having some fun just like me and other folks, playing pinball.

However where they might be losing sleep at nights is that Embassy Suites Corporate could mandate cancelling all conventions within their hotels until further notice and there is nothing the organizers could do. At that point they would at least get a refund from the hotel for the convention room.

Embassy Corporate knows that possible lawsuits against them could happen by letting the show go on if a large amount of folks get sick from attending the show.

One thing I know about corporate is they will always protect their own ass first, always. They wouldn't cancel the show to protect you or me as they could give a rats ass, it is to protect them.

Just my 2 cents.

#335 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Quoted from Leeb18509:
    Frankly if half the crowd doesn't show up it wouldn't be the worst thing.

There are significant bills to pay. True, unless the Half not showing up are the ones bringing Games to play.

Was a bit of sarcasm, tongue in cheek, whatever. Of course I don't want any of this to go down poorly. I've been attending TPF since I can remember and it's truly my favorite show of the year. I'm also significantly monetarily invested in going as well. So yeah, make it all go away please....

#336 4 years ago
    Quoted from mbeardsley:

social security death index is a call away.

#337 4 years ago

OK shit just got real! This is a few blocks from my apartment! Fine, fine...I'll get in line for toilet paper...

https://nypost.com/2020/03/11/nycs-john-jay-college-closes-after-student-tests-positive-for-coronavirus/

#338 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

OK shit just got real! This is a few blocks from my apartment! Fine, fine...I'll get in line for toilet paper...
    https://nypost.com/2020/03/11/nycs-john-jay-college-closes-after-student-tests-positive-for-coronavirus/

I went to my local Costco earlier and pretty much every person's cart had a case of water, paper towel, and toilet paper in it. Several people were pushing and pulling two packed carts around. It was much busier then usual but at the same time quieter which seemed odd.

#339 4 years ago
    Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

I don't see Ed and the gang cancelling the event voluntarily as they have too much invested already and are set for having some fun just like me and other folks, playing pinball.

We’re in a pandemic. No time for pride. E3 was just cancelled. A pinball festival is an event where groups of people are all constantly touching the same thing.

Put a fork in it.

Announce cancellation or postpone.

#340 4 years ago

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/28884486/warriors-play-home-games-fans-following-san-francisco-order

The NBA will play a game with no fans in attendance. With more cancellations imminent. Crazy

#341 4 years ago

We are in the beginning of an unprecedented world wide incident. Things that happened 100 years ago didn't have all the things going on we have today or the population numbers. It's not comparable. They failed to get a lid on this early on and it is out. We can hope that this will not be serious, but no matter what happens, some people in charge should REALLY be rethinking how they react to these things the next time around.

#342 4 years ago

https://www.isitcancelledyet.com/ - This list is getting pretty long.

#343 4 years ago

When the dust settles whenever that is im sure the pinball communuty will help out the organizers due to a cancelled event and financial loss. I know im in for 250.00 or more if needed for the organizers to help a future show if tpf needs to reschedule or cancel.

#344 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinballplusMN:

pinball communuty will help out the organizers

No doubt! Just look at the range of gofundme’s that pop up on this site

#345 4 years ago
    Quoted from pbu:

https://www.isitcancelledyet.com/ - This list is getting pretty long.

Pretty funny....my Avast antiVIRUS would not open that site because it was flagged as a threat.

#346 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

People can still support the show by buying tickets and just not going. Kinda like how we support our Bengals...

#347 4 years ago
    Quoted from metallik:

People can still support the show by buying tickets and just not going.

What a great idea! I was actually just thinking how I could 'attend' this year as a show of support.

#348 4 years ago
    Quoted from DugFreez:

Pretty funny....my Avast antiVIRUS would not open that site because it was flagged as a threat.

You need Norton!!

432115BC-FEDB-4C76-8423-377788DA0104 (resized).jpeg432115BC-FEDB-4C76-8423-377788DA0104 (resized).jpeg
    #349 4 years ago
    Quoted from Coz:

You need Norton!!

Nah, that version is outdated!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #350 4 years ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Nah, that version is outdated![quoted image]

Nah, that is ISO 2003, the best standards ever.

There are 894 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 18.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/will-coronavirus-stop-you-from-attending-tpf/page/7?hl=parsonsaj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.